closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Casio GW5000-1JF to GW5000U-1JF

Journeyman
    Mine arrived AM today.
    Ordered late 2 Jan here ths AM
    £184 all in from Relojes de Moda. Absolutely first class service.
    First impressions. The straps a bit short but very comfortable. I will need to alter some settings, day first etc
    Any easy fixes to swap the strap for a casio lightweight bracelet? or longer strap?

Quote Originally Posted by TerryT View Post
    Mine arrived AM today.
    Ordered late 2 Jan here ths AM
    £184 all in from Relojes de Moda. Absolutely first class service.
    First impressions. The straps a bit short but very comfortable. I will need to alter some settings, day first etc
    Any easy fixes to swap the strap for a casio lightweight bracelet? or longer strap?
    Same here, I’d also be keen to see if it fits the 5610 combi bracelet…

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Jambo View Post
    The v1 and v2 combi bracelet fits both the 5610 and 5000

Craftsman
    Not yet received, but had to pay taxes today, 50.00 quid.. sort of taken the shine off it..but to be expected.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakar View Post
    Not yet received, but had to pay taxes today, 50.00 quid.. sort of taken the shine off it..but to be expected.
    Where did you order from?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Jambo View Post
    I need to get my combi bracelet fitted at some point but know it can be difficult.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad14 View Post
    Where did you order from?

https://www.tictacarea.com/en/casio-...k-gw-5000u-1er

Quote Originally Posted by oiljam View Post
    The v1 and v2 combi bracelet fits both the 5610 and 5000
    Good to know, there's hope for my tree trunk wrist yet. 

Quote Originally Posted by Mad14 View Post
    I need to get my combi bracelet fitted at some point but know it can be difficult.
    It was a bit fiddly on my old 5610, but wasn't too bad I thought.
    I'd love to see a few pictures of how it looks on the combi bracelet please, if you have time.

I thought the extra thickness of the screwback meant the bracelet didn’t fit properly? - mine is on the last hole but two with barely enough strap to fit in the keeper - for the first few days it was annoying as the keeper kept moving and the strap end was coming free, but after a while the strap seems to conform and the keeper hardly ever moves now. Having fitted the bracelets to a 5610 in the past I can’t be bothered to try again if it doesn’t fit properly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Gavbaz View Post
    Initial thoughts. Obviously the band is much more comfortable and feels more premium overall. Prefer the colour vs my 5610.
    It's US based, but you can get the band separately at www.pacparts.com. I have one on my 5600.

Journeyman
    For people who have the GW5000U (which has an LED backlight) and a GW5600 (with EL backlight) - does the type of backlight change the readability of the digits at an angle?

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by chrysogonus View Post
    For people who have the GW5000U (which has an LED backlight) and a GW5600 (with EL backlight) - does the type of backlight change the readability of the digits at an angle?
    I can’t say I’ve noticed any difference between the two.

Quote Originally Posted by chrysogonus View Post
    I’d say nope

Ordered Wed 29th December, on my wrist this morning. And I don't think I've ever done an unboxing post for a watch before.

Quote Originally Posted by Qatar-wol View Post
    Ordered Wed 29th December, on my wrist this morning. And I don't think I've ever done an unboxing post for a watch before.

Looks great, mine arrived Saturday. btw you can change the date format to dd.mm if you wish too.

Quote Originally Posted by waser View Post
    Looks great, mine arrived Saturday. btw you can change the date format to dd.mm if you wish too.

Ha, the first thing I did after taking those photos! That, setting home city, and turning on the auto backlight!

Well, the joke's on me - I can't read the watch without my glasses, so please expect it on the SC soon!

Edit! https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...FS-GW5000U-1JF
    Last edited by Qatar-wol; 10th January 2022 at 18:53.

Master
    Well I thought I’d avoided the import fees but no, DHL letter just landed asking for £47! If you ordered from Spain as I did (Relojes de Moda) it may be on its way to you too, brace yourself. So not the bargain we all thought. Well done DHL for leaving it for over a month and a half, I received the watch on 5 January.

We live and learn, I think I’m done now with importing watches. I’ve happily paid the fee obviously

^ Even more of a bargain for the buyer of Qatar's watch. 1.5 months delay is ridiculous.

Well I thought I’d avoided the import fees but no, DHL letter just landed asking for £47! If you ordered from Spain as I did (Relojes de Moda) it may be on its way to you too, brace yourself. So not the bargain we all thought. Well done DHL for leaving it for over a month and a half, I received the watch on 5 January.

We live and learn, I think I’m done now with importing watches. I’ve happily paid the fee obviously
    Is it worth challenging it as the Relojesdemoda ordering page does very clearly state ‘Tax Included’ and even specifically mentions DHL:

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by adg31 View Post
    Is it worth challenging it as the Relojesdemoda ordering page does very clearly state ‘Tax Included’ and even specifically mentions DHL:

Thanks. I did check my invoice from Relojesdemoda and it said Tax paid €0.00 so I guess I didn’t pay anything on their side. Could that figure be the Tax on the shipping cost alone?

Blog Entries
    Thanks. I did check my invoice from Relojesdemoda and it said Tax paid €0.00 so I guess I didn’t pay anything on their side. Could that figure be the Tax on the shipping cost alone?
    It probably doesn't mean anything, other than that their software is not fully correctly configured to support exports outside of the EU.

Just be glad they did not incorrectly charge their local jurisdiction's VAT!

I wouldn’t expect the whole postage cost to be much over £11.71 so unless the tax is around 100% I can’t see it.
    I believe that the VAT rate in Spain is 21% so 1% higher than in the UK - I’d certainly ask Relojesdemoda and see what they say.

Master
    I’ve had it confirmed by Relojes de Moda that we pay no local Spanish VAT on products over £135 but UK custom duties apply when they arrive here.

Here’s part of their reply

‘Orders that exceed 135 pounds DO NOT pay tax on the web but DO pay customs duties.
    Orders that DO NOT exceed 135 pounds DO pay taxes on the web but DO NOT pay customs duties’

The DHL shipping value mentioned above must be just that, shipping costs inc VAT.

Hope this clarifies it for anyone else.

I’ve had it confirmed by Relojes de Moda that we pay no local Spanish VAT on products over £135 but UK custom duties apply when they arrive here.

Here’s part of their reply

‘Orders that exceed 135 pounds DO NOT pay tax on the web but DO pay customs duties.
    Orders that DO NOT exceed 135 pounds DO pay taxes on the web but DO NOT pay customs duties’

The DHL shipping value mentioned above must be just that, shipping costs inc VAT.

Hope this clarifies it for anyone else.
    That seems rather sharp practice to clearly state ‘Tax Included’ and even quote ‘tax incl.’.
    when they are seemingly not included.
    On Amazon you are given a clear price inclusive of all taxes and duties for the product delivered to your doorstep which is how I think it should be when sellers make statements like that.

Master
    That seems rather sharp practice to clearly state ‘Tax Included’ and even quote ‘tax incl.’.
    when they are seemingly not included.
    On Amazon you are given a clear price inclusive of all taxes and duties for the product delivered to your doorstep which is how I think it should be when sellers make statements like that.

I paid €197.69 + €13.97 shipping. So they do take the tax off. I’ve paid the duty fee already, no big deal.
    Last edited by oiljam; 18th February 2022 at 08:21.

Blog Entries
    It's very confusing but also very common from what I have seen with EU vendors.

It's just that their software does not fully take into account export-from-EU sales and alter the phraseology correctly.

As oiljam quoted, what taxes are or are not includes depends on the value of the order since the vendor uses HMRC's scheme for smaller purchases.

Confusingly, some EU vendors are also registered for UK VAT and so can charge UK VAT on higher value orders as well.