closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: 14 watches for the price of 2... sort of

14 watches for the price of 2... sort of

Those who know me on here will be aware that I dislike NATOs - a lot.

This generally means that swapping straps to change the look of a watch is a bit more difficult than it is for some.

However, I've recently been investigating QR straps, and as a result I now own 7 22mm QR straps, which I've been using on two different watches that share 22mm lug widths.

This gives me a total of 14 different looks using just two watch heads - hence my sightly tongue-in-cheek thread title.

The two watches are my Breitling Avenger Skyland (black dial) and my Offshore Professional Field Engineer (white-ish dial).

The straps are (from left to right): Berfine retro leather in brown and blue, Brady sailcloth in black, Barton silicone in orange, tan, green and crimson

A source of great enjoyment for very little money!

Simon
    Last edited by mycroft; 20th December 2021 at 17:56. Reason: Inability to spell the word silicone!

Master
    How secure are these QR straps. Everyone I have seen on forums people really like them. My reservations were around the small catch being caught and the watch slipping off your wrist.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by higham5 View Post
    How secure are these QR straps. Everyone I have seen on forums people really like them. My reservations were around the small catch being caught and the watch slipping off your wrist.

Steve
    I’ve been wearing QR bracelets and straps for the last year of so. Never had an issue and it never feels like your watch is at risk. I would never go back to conventional spring bars.

I was smitten as soon as I bought a Christopher Ward watch with QR on the bracelet. Ever since, I have only sought out QR straps.

Why fanny around for a few mins and scratch up your lugs when you can take 20 seconds to change quick release strap.

Clearly I’m something of a convert and like noTAGlove I’ve never had a problem with QR straps. I just feel the convenience outweighs any small risk.

Simon

Quote Originally Posted by higham5 View Post

Steve
    To be honest Steve I can’t see how the tab could be activated accidentally.

Simon

Journeyman
    I've had a similar experience with QR- been wearing them quite a bit recently and not had a problem. Now that's cursed it!

Quote Originally Posted by AP1 View Post
    I've had a similar experience with QR- been wearing them quite a bit recently and not had a problem. Now that's cursed it!
    Yep, you’re doomed now .

Simon

Ace. I love those Barton straps. Excellent functionality with the multiple lengths, all lug widths covered, quick release bars, the lock-in tab to hold the excess strap, dual colour, matched hardware options etc.

Was wearing my black and green Barton today as it happens

I was expecting some strap ideas for the Deep Sea! I tend to only wear bracelets. Glad you’re enjoying the straps.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Another thumbs up for QR straps, I'm quite handy at swapping straps but being able to do it in 5 seconds encourages you to switch things around.

Never felt that they're unsafe either.

Barton make some great straps at decent prices, except their tropic, which I've given up with. I've got more supple stainless steel bracelets.

Master
    Have been using them for 2 years on one watch, no problems yet. No way the pin could be accidentally actuated imo. Some "top" brands are using them now as standard and I believe all new Hirsch straps come with them.

14 watches for the price of 2... sort of

Every new Christopher Ward watch is sold with either a QR bracelet or strap. The QR bracelets are brilliant and pop off and on in seconds just like the straps.

Never heard of a problem over in the CW forum, and given CW sell around 20,000 watches per year you would have heard about if there are problems.

Use QR in confidence. I have 2 QR bracelets and 10 QR straps and wouldn’t use anything else.
    Last edited by noTAGlove; 21st December 2021 at 11:28.

Quote Originally Posted by jukeboxs View Post
    I was expecting some strap ideas for the Deep Sea! I tend to only wear bracelets. Glad you’re enjoying the straps.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    No, that one stays on its RubberB!

https://i.imgur.com/3e8i9Uk.jpg

Simon

Quote Originally Posted by M1011 View Post
    Ace. I love those Barton straps. Excellent functionality with the multiple lengths, all lug widths covered, quick release bars, the lock-in tab to hold the excess strap, dual colour, matched hardware options etc.

Was wearing my black and green Barton today as it happens

I agree. I’d never tried Barton before but they’re incredibly feature-rich at the price point. Comfortable too.

Simon

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by mycroft View Post
    Those who know me on here will be aware that I dislike NATOs - a lot.

This generally means that swapping straps to change the look of a watch is a bit more difficult than it is for some.

However, I've recently been investigating QR straps, and as a result I now own 7 22mm QR straps, which I've been using on two different watches that share 22mm lug widths.

This gives me a total of 14 different looks using just two watch heads - hence my sightly tongue-in-cheek thread title.

The two watches are my Breitling Avenger Skyland (black dial) and my Offshore Professional Field Engineer (white-ish dial).

The straps are (from left to right): Berfine retro leather in brown and blue, Brady sailcloth in black, Barton silicone in orange, tan, green and crimson

A source of great enjoyment for very little money!

Simon
    hard to argue with your approach