closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: CW Sellors / Jura - Opinions please

Master

CW Sellors / Jura - Opinions please

I'm at that age where I sometimes can get to the point that I see red and actually should just sit back and chill..... However, I'd appreciate people's views.

1. Ordered 2 watches 29th Nov and paid in full

2. One watch delivered within a couple of days and the other was reported as out of stock, they were going to check availability.

3. Dial colour originally requested, black, was on back order - couldn't guarantee delivery.

4. A blue dialled version was available and would be 7-10days. So roughly 15th Dec

5. They had to create the part number on their system. I'd sent a link to the manufacturer website and confirmed part number.

6. They confirmed order placed and would keep me posted

7. Chased for a couple of updates

9. Package arrived yesterday, 18th Dec.

10. Completely wrong watch, wrong gender etc etc

11. Immediately contacted them and notified them of THEIR error. Multiple messages and calls to establish what had gone wrong.

12. Agreed I would package watch up and post back that afternoon, which I have done via their RMSD return service.

13. They now have the black dialled version originally orderd in stock. Great, I'll take that..... Can you ship on Monday?

14. No, they won't ship until they get the other watch back, even though they have all the returns confirmation etc

Now, I'm a very reasonable guy but by this point I'm beginning to get really peed off with the whole situation.

Another supplier, First Class Watches has the blue dialled version in stock and can ship on Monday.

Do I tell CW Sellors to shove their watch where the sun doesn't shine and go with the one from first class watches? Or, do I hang in there.

My concern is that it looks like they won't get their watch back till Tuesday. At best they will despatch the replacement on Tuesday or Wednesday.... That's cutting it fine with current RM staff shortages.

I've advised them in a very strongly worded message that their standard processes are creating an appalling customer service experience. They are refusing to budge.

So, do I -

A) order elsewhere and get a refund

B) return the entire order as they really have peed me off

C) life's too short, have a chill pill??

I hasten to add that I have been very reasonable throughout the entire proceedings. It was me that spotted that they had the black dial in stock!!!

It has turned in to a complete farce! As I've said, I can appreciate that things can be delayed or need ordering at the manufacturer but the incorrect item being shipped and their refusal to budge on standard policy is really boiling my piss now.

Would appreciate some input please...

Paul (aka old and grumpy)

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by gingerboy; 20th December 2021 at 01:08.

This might be of interest, Paul!

Journeyman
    Pick option A, spend your money elsewhere.
    No point being unhappy when there are so many other places to buy watches.

If you can get exactly what you want at the same price elsewhere, do it. The only reason I'd put up with that service would be if it is much cheaper or I can't go anywhere else.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    This might be of interest, Paul!
    That's not filling me with joy :-(

Thanks for the heads up Tony. I'll speak to them tomorrow and see what they say. It's very doubtful I'll use them again, that's for sure.

This companies head office is near me. They have a terrible reputation and a high turn over of staff. Speaking to people that have worked there for, all be it a short period of time their management is very reactive rather than proactive. Terms and conditions, working hours constantly changing etc.

It’s no surprise that their customer service is hit and miss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I purchased a Bremont H4 from them last December, was very happy with my service. But unless there is an issue it's hard to know how a company reacts. Good luck with purchase.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Master
    Tried to buy off them once, didn't go well.....can't be bothered with them now.

Jura take weeks to complete a refund so this is another factor if you decide to buy from someone else - if using a credit card, depending upon when your card statement is issued, this could leave you having to pay your credit card balance off, for two watch purchases including a purchase you've tried to get refunded, then asking your bank for your money back, as your account goes into a positive balance after the refund finally comes through. By contrast, other sellers I've used, have had the money back in my account within a couple of days, so less chance of it being any bother.

Also, I'd make sure that you get the dial colour you really want and I would prioritise that over saving a few days if the other colour is more readily available - so it might make sense to stick it out for Jura to send you the black dial watch.

With regards to general customer service, I've found Jura very reluctant to give refunds for items you decide to return under Consumer Contracts Regulations (formerly distance marketing) and try to pressure you into having another item as a replacement (which under their T&Cs they won't allow you to return). Whereas other sellers are no quibble. My experience, really put me off from buying from Jura again.

Another pain point with Jura, is unrealistic promises of delivery times for watches that are not in stock, but for which they expect you pay a non-refundable deposit. This starts to feel unfair after months have gone by and each promise of another couple of weeks is another month, before you then buy a different watch.
    Last edited by AKM; 20th December 2021 at 22:56.

Avoid for all the reasons already stated. I took the plunge once against my better judgement. The watch was returned and they took a couple of weeks and numerous phone calls to complete the refund.

It’s a real shame as they seem to carry a number of watch brands which are less widely available but like many others, I have found them lacking on the two occasions I have dealt with them.

Communication was poor, delivery times continually lengthened etc etc. I suspect that many of the problems are to do with supply lines, rather than Jura themselves but a combination of over-promising, under-delivering and not keeping the customer informed has meant I would take my business elsewhere, given the choice.

Having said that, this forum is littered with negative experience reports for quite a few other retailers so there are no rock solid safe bets, as far as I can tell.

I treat them as a discounting seller and caveat emptor applies for this reason - in my experience they consistently quote delivery times that are not met, they screw up on admin associated paperwork and its up to you to spot it because they wont, so in all expect a disappointing experience. If you want a watch from them and can secure a hefty discount and don't need it quickly if its not in stock then you should proceed but be ready for a tortuous experience - otherwise if you want first class service with a caring attitude to customers look elsewhere, there are plenty of options around. I will add though that for things in stock things can go quite smoothly but make sure you get a new watch and not an ex demo one.
    Keith

I treat them as a discounting seller and caveat emptor applies for this reason - in my experience they consistently quote delivery times that are not met, they screw up on admin associated paperwork and its up to you to spot it because they wont, so in all expect a disappointing experience. If you want a watch from them and can secure a hefty discount and don't need it quickly if its not in stock then you should proceed but be ready for a tortuous experience - otherwise if you want first class service with a caring attitude to customers look elsewhere, there are plenty of options around. I will add though that for things in stock things can go quite smoothly but make sure you get a new watch and not an ex demo one.
    Keith

I can’t comment on the current CW Sellors/Jura business as I’ve only bought from Jura back when they were independent and located in Mayfair.

I have dealt with First Class Watches both in store and online (they’re near me anyway) and would recommend.

What are you after? My most recent purchase from them was a Seiko Presage Hard Metal white dial. They carry quite a lot of stock and offer next day delivery for stock items.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Maybe I have been lucky. I have dealt with them a number of times and they have been spot on. In the last month I have bought a Damasko DC57 and a G-SHOCK GWG2000 (last week). Everything absolutely spot on.

Some of the issues raised in this thread are obviously very poor but not in any of the 10 or so purchases I have made, have I had a single problem.

I've used CW Sellors/Jura about 5 times, and 3 times they got the order wrong or the watch was damaged.

On one occasion they randomly sent two watches and expected me to pay to return the wrong one.

They also take their own sweet time to refund.

I won't use them again.

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gavbaz View Post
    Maybe I have been lucky. I have dealt with them a number of times and they have been spot on. In the last month I have bought a Damasko DC57 and a G-SHOCK GWG2000 (last week). Everything absolutely spot on.

Some of the issues raised in this thread are obviously very poor but not in any of the 10 or so purchases I have made, have I had a single problem.
    Same here.

I’ve bought a few watches from them over the last couple of years and never had any sort of problem.

I’ve also sent a couple of my Damaskos to them for servicing back at Damasko head office, and these also went smoothly.

Must be luck of the draw!

Craftsman
    I ve put watches in cart on website and filled everything in to see if discount code works and when it doesn’t just left it then few hours later I ve received a phone call pushing a sale on me. This has happened twice now

I bought my Doxa Sub 1500t from Jura 3 or 3 years ago with the promise of delivery in 2 weeks. The day after they took my order and the full money they emailed to say that they had been advised by Doxa that they were having supply chain issues with Soprod movements.

From that moment on they never initiated a single communication with me, only responding when I chased them up. As others have said - entirely reactive.

I now believe they knew perfectly well when they took my order that there were substantial delays in supply from Doxa.

I finally received the watch after five and a half months.

Simon

Quote Originally Posted by Idc0001 View Post
    I ve put watches in cart on website and filled everything in to see if discount code works and when it doesn’t just left it then few hours later I ve received a phone call pushing a sale on me. This has happened twice now
    Me too, I’d forgotten about unsolicited contact!

Hmmm...I guess they don't just magic your number out of thin air though? I wouldn't be holding that against them...they've got a customer who has abandoned their cart and supplied their contact details. Not following this up is potentially missing out on a high value sale. Standard e-commerce practice. It's not as if they are just phoning people down a list and saying "do you want to buy a watch?".

I've had good experience with them before. Bought a Certina at an excellent price that arrived promptly and without fault. They are also a company that are good at beating other sellers prices. I guess you've just got to be (a) sure you want the product and (b) that it is in stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    Hmmm...I guess they don't just magic your number out of thin air though? I wouldn't be holding that against them...they've got a customer who has abandoned their cart and supplied their contact details. Not following this up is potentially missing out on a high value sale. Standard e-commerce practice. It's not as if they are just phoning people down a list and saying "do you want to buy a watch?".
    Precisely. It happens to me every time - SOP for online retailers.

CW Sellors / Jura - Opinions please

Quote Originally Posted by Christian

I've had good experience with them before. Bought a Certina at an excellent price that arrived promptly and without fault. They are also a company that are good at beating other sellers prices. I guess you've just got to be (a) sure you want the product and (b) that it is in stock.
    Completely agree. Recently purchased two watches from them one a Seiko Speedtimer the other a Breitling SuperOcean 42 and in both cases Jura gave me an exceptional price!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Precisely. It happens to me every time - SOP for online retailers.
    Yep and a great way to wangle an extra discount. 'Oh I was going to buy but I think I can get a better deal elsewhere'. You'll get a better price

There is clearly an asymmetry of trust. Take your money where you get the service that a luxury purchase deserves.

Just to share my experience: I'm still waiting for a refund from Jura for a watch I returned on 2 December. Two emails and two calls to chase so far.

They also seem reluctant to accept an order cancellation request - they emailed to offer alternatives and money off which may or may not be helpful depending on the situation. In my case, they asked multiple times when I would have preferred them to just process my request.

They do have a strange way in dealing with people in my experience. I enquired about a Sinn model availability/stock and had 2 missed calls and a voicemail plus an e-mail with a pro-forma invoice sat in my inbox.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    They do have a strange way in dealing with people in my experience. I enquired about a Sinn model availability/stock and had 2 missed calls and a voicemail plus an e-mail with a pro-forma invoice sat in my inbox.
    It is weird and would annoy the bejesus out of me, guaranteeing exactly the opposite outcome they were hoping for.

Master
    An update of sorts.

Delivery should be with me tomorrow. I'll know then if it's the right watch, has any damage or is in A1 condition.

They have got their act together and it's on a guaranteed before 9am service.

I was split between getting the second choice colour elsewhere and then having to wait 3 weeks for a credit. I decided I couldn't be bothered with more stress.

I'll post the conclusion tomorrow at some point

Interesting and insightful feedback from other forum members. Really appreciate your feedback!! The chasing refund aspect ultimately made the decision for me

Thanks everyone

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    Again, I don't see this as particularly bad if you've voluntarily supplied your contact details. Just keen to follow up on a potential sale. Having spoken to them before, they do their best to offer discounts in the subsequent conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Idc0001 View Post
    I can't quite fathom why you would do this? The first part, fine, but when it doesn't work why not empty your basket and end your attempted transaction? It's the equivalent of asking to see a watch in a shop, leaving it on a surface somewhere and walking out without saying anything. How does that salesperson know what your intentions are - that you don't want the watch, that you do but have left the shop for a couple of minutes or that you've left for another reason but may return. If they have your mobile number they may give you a call to ask, I certainly would, it's simply manners.

Regarding CW Sellors / Jura, in my experience I would separate the online side of the business from the physical shop side. The online side I've found quite troublesome and problematic. The shop side I've found to be exceptional and would happily buy anything from them. I could be wrong but I get the impression that the two are run as separate entities.

I’ve bought, exchanged and returned a few watches to them and they’ve always been perfect.

Might be just lucky though.

They’re normally happy to discount too

Master
    So, the correct watch arrived today at 8am and was exactly as expected.

Certainly will think twice about using them in the future which is a shame

Cheers

Paul

You haven't mentioned if you are you happy with the watch and the price you paid.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

I've had two Seikos and one Sinn from Jura (on-line) and have been quite satisfied with their service and price. I'd happily buy from them again.

Sent through the ether by diddling with radio waves

Craftsman
    First Class Watches are nice people, with a bricks and mortar store in Kenilworth.

Have bought from them before and would do so again.

I ordered a Sinn U1 fully tegimented in September, they were open and honest about not having any in stock and when they'd expect delivery from Sinn. Minor hiccup when there was a delay from Sinn, but again they were very prompt and the communication was good keeping me informed in what Sinn had said regarding delivery times. Watch arrived a few days ago, they seemed to have made an effort to get it to be before Christmas, without any request from me.

I'm quite happy with them, and would happily buy from them again.

Journeyman
    they've been fine for a couple of more affordable pieces I've bought