closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: PSA Grand Seiko Lake Suwa Ltd Edition

PSA Grand Seiko Lake Suwa Ltd Edition

WOS have in stock if anyone is after one.

Tempted but I think they got the bracelet wrong on this one going with 22mm. It makes the lugs look a bit skinny imo.

I am going to hold out for the SBGA413 coming to the UK in Feb.

Not my favourite by any means, and to my mind looking expensive at £8200.

I personally find this new case and bracelet design extremely nice.

The new Spring Drive movement is also brilliant.

That looks a very average watch for over 8 bags of sand.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    That looks a very average watch for over 8 bags of sand.
    Respectfully disagree, but that picture isn’t great.. The dial is better than anything I’ve owned before, and that included a lot of watches substantially more. But each to their own.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Some pics in indoor low light. Haven’t taken one in day yet. The dial is awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries

Master
    Blog Entries

Very hard to take a pic of this dial

Master
    Blog Entries

Master
    Really nice, thanks for sharing the pics.

Now showing out of stock so someone's bought it.

Quote Originally Posted by petay993 View Post
    Tempted but I think they got the bracelet wrong on this one going with 22mm. It makes the lugs look a bit skinny imo.

I am going to hold out for the SBGA413 coming to the UK in Feb.
    Yea the thin lugs bother me a little with this design. Something is odd withe this 44GS case. Shame as the dial looks absolutely awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post
    Yea the thin lugs bother me a little with this design. Something is odd withe this 44GS case. Shame as the dial looks absolutely awesome.

Not a 44GS at all. Completely new design for Hi-Beat and Spring Drive latest movements.
    Last edited by Toshk; 19th December 2021 at 18:33.

Quote Originally Posted by Toshk View Post
    Not a 44GS all. Completely new design for Hi-Beat and Spring Drive latest movements.
    Is this the same case as the white birch? I think that was described as a 44GS style case.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Same case but was never described as a 44GS case. It takes elements of 62 and 44 GS case design but it’s a brand new design

Is this the same case as the white birch? I think that was described as a 44GS style case.

What Kash said

I could lose myself in that dial. Breathtaking.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Rocket Man; 19th December 2021 at 22:04.

Just looks like another Seiko but with crinkle paper on the dial. I appreciate their movements, I just can't get on with their looks. But, as mentioned, each to their own.

Craftsman
    After finally getting to see a few GS up close, and laying my paws on a few (and buying a Snowflake) Grand Seiko certainly do look so much better in the metal than photos.

Perhaps GS need more videos to show how different light and angles play on the cases and dials.

Of course, not everyone is going to love them, but they could go a little further to show them off.

In these days of limited travel and mixing, not as easy as it was to pop into a dealer/boutique and see any brand in the metal.

I’d really like to see a Lake Suwa in person, but don’t see it happening any time soon.

Absolutely stunning! I really need a GS in my life.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Blog Entries
    I like the dial in Kash’s pictures, the stock photos did not justice at all. Also glad to see the PR meter is in the back of the watch.

Mine landed today. The postman kindly signed for it himself and left it in the bin outside my house.

First impressions of the watch are all positive.

Like all GS, this watch is a nightmare to photograph for us mortals with a smartphone. The dial genuinely looks like water. The strap and watch is overall much more comfortable than the GMT I have in the 44gs case.

Interestingly, I approve of the lessor use of zaratsu polishing. I love how mirror like GS can get the finish, but it's a scratch magnet. This more overall brushed finish is the right way to go.

Some best attempts at indoor pictures for now. And a pic in the nice GS box the dealer sent with the watch. Yes, I know I haven't removed the plastic from the box yet.

I’m sure I have just seen one of these in the window of Chisholm Hunter in Kingston.

Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    I’m sure I have just seen one of these in the window of Chisholm Hunter in Kingston.
    Doubtful unless it just went in. I think you saw another ltd edition with the GMT hand and another dazzling (light) blue dial. They also have the White Birch in the window.

Quote Originally Posted by SeanST150 View Post
    Mine landed today. The postman kindly signed for it himself and left it in the bin outside my house.

First impressions of the watch are all positive.

Like all GS, this watch is a nightmare to photograph for us mortals with a smartphone. The dial genuinely looks like water. The strap and watch is overall much more comfortable than the GMT I have in the 44gs case.

Interestingly, I approve of the lessor use of zaratsu polishing. I love how mirror like GS can get the finish, but it's a scratch magnet. This more overall brushed finish is the right way to go.

Some best attempts at indoor pictures for now. And a pic in the nice GS box the dealer sent with the watch. Yes, I know I haven't removed the plastic from the box yet.

Congrats! Can you show both cases side by side, quite interested now in the differences.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I don’t have a 44GS right now so I can’t do a side by side but maybe Sean can.

I do have some old pics of my 44GS to show something though. Main points are the 44GS is a lot thicker/higher, especially in gmt form. Also it is virtually all polished, which is great when the watch is new and unworn…. Another thing that maybe people don’t see until in the hand, this new 9 series case is to me the most sporty case and bracelet GS have done. It’s wears bigger I feel and makes the 44GS on bracelet seem more dressy. Don’t get me wrong, I love the 44GS case and so nothing bad here, but they are so different. This 9 series is more like a Rolex (but a heck of a lot better finished). I guess it’s the wider and thicker bracelet (which feels a lot better made when in the hand) or the lack of mirror polish and more brushed. Either way it feels like a completely different range from GS, and so it should at the new price points.

The best GS design imo. Both case and bracelet. Wishing for Titanium model soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Kash View Post
    I don’t have a 44GS right now so I can’t do a side by side but maybe Sean can.

I do have some old pics of my 44GS to show something though. Main points are the 44GS is a lot thicker/higher, especially in gmt form. Also it is virtually all polished, which is great when the watch is new and unworn…. Another thing that maybe people don’t see until in the hand, this new 9 series case is to me the most sporty case and bracelet GS have done. It’s wears bigger I feel and makes the 44GS on bracelet seem more dressy. Don’t get me wrong, I love the 44GS case and so nothing bad here, but they are so different. This 9 series is more like a Rolex (but a heck of a lot better finished). I guess it’s the wider and thicker bracelet (which feels a lot better made when in the hand) or the lack of mirror polish and more brushed. Either way it feels like a completely different range from GS, and so it should at the new price points.

Really is an amazing watch that. The 22mmug doesnt seem too bad at some angles. I certainly see the appeal and agree with what you say about moving up. In this crazy pricing world, it even seems acceptable....

Oh to add - I really want to search out and see the white birch too. That hi beat looks amazing.

Master
    I think these themed dials from GS are very unique and add an element of artistry linked to the geography of their origin. This is a brilliant example. I feel that when this kind of artistic dial is incorporated into a design, it becomes more than a watch. One can't help but think the choices for designs of these nature themed dials will become exhausted at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Doubtful unless it just went in. I think you saw another ltd edition with the GMT hand and another dazzling (light) blue dial. They also have the White Birch in the window.
    Just following up as I checked just now in the window and no Lake Suwa. I've circled what I think you saw and thought was Lake Suwa but it is a different Ltd edition. Chisholm Hunter Kingston

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Just following up as I checked just now in the window and no Lake Suwa. I've circled what I think you saw and thought was Lake Suwa but it is a different Ltd edition. Chisholm Hunter Kingston[/IMG]

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

That's the GMT one with the same dial pattern as the white birch, but coloured blue, turned 90 degrees, and given a totally different inspirational backstory :)))

Quote Originally Posted by gcleminson View Post
    That's the GMT one with the same dial pattern as the white birch, but coloured blue, turned 90 degrees, and given a totally different inspirational backstory :)))
    Yes Indeed. I believe honouring an entirely different lake, and put together by an altogether different team of virgins atop a completely different mountain.

Love the dial, will need to try it on in the flesh especially with the non conventional 22m bracelet.
    Perfect 40mm size though.

Presumably there’s no discount on these? I’ve been eyeing up a couple of models and a discount on any of them would make them irresistible.

Quote Originally Posted by OldHooky View Post
    Presumably there’s no discount on these? I’ve been eyeing up a couple of models and a discount on any of them would make them irresistible.
    Not on the Suwa that would be RRP if you can even find one but 20% off the White Birch is doable
    Last edited by ryanb741; 22nd December 2021 at 14:08.

Quote Originally Posted by OldHooky View Post
    I just got 18-ish percent off the new titanium hi-beat diver today from Berry’s in Notts.
    Dead easy. He started at about 14% off when I offered cash, then haggled him down a bit more, but would not go lower than about 18%
    Have seen some online for 20% off, so must be doable.

They had a mint pre-owned GS Lion Spring Drive something or other (great dial, slightly odd massive case) for £6k too. Stunning but a bit niche

They also had a few of the GS seasons - try them online.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Congrats! Can you show both cases side by side, quite interested now in the differences.

This has now been on my wrist for a few days and I absolutely love it. The dial is spectacular; that's Grand Seiko always. I love my GMT in the 44GS case, but this new Series 9 is so much more comfortable.

The watch is noticeably thinner, but the real comfort comes from the lugs. See how much longer the drilled holes are. The watch/strap sits closer to the wrist.

As already mentioned, I approve of the increased use of brushing.

This has now been on my wrist for a few days and I absolutely love it. The dial is spectacular; that's Grand Seiko always. I love my GMT in the 44GS case, but this new Series 9 is so much more comfortable.

The watch is noticeably thinner, but the real comfort comes from the lugs. See how much longer the drilled holes are. The watch/strap sits closer to the wrist.

Thank you! I get what you mean with the lugs. Do like the look of the Series 9 and the whole thin lugs looks ok without the bracelet. Clearly the bracelet just makes the watch head look a bit big.

Journeyman

as you said, that dial is spectacular

Master
    warhog: Quit the speed posting, mate. Seriously, it’s really obvious and just embarrassing.