closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Delayed flight

Master

Delayed flight

I’m stuck at the airport as my flight has been delayed. I vaguely remember there was a way to check where the incoming flight is? Does anyone know if this is possible.

Master
    Flightradar24?

I usally Google the name of the airport followed by 'arrivals'.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Master
    Thanks. There’s another flight at 8.30am tomorrow, the cynical side of me thinks they may be putting wanting to merge them.

Master
    Flight was delayed three hours! Then we were diverted to Milan and I’m currently sat on a coach to Venice. Painful

Quote Originally Posted by Rodder View Post
    Flight was delayed three hours! Then we were diverted to Milan and I’m currently sat on a coach to Venice. Painful
    Ouch. Where did you start and where are you trying to get back to? Which airline?

Not great. But doesn’t 3 hours mean you get decent compensation??

Cheers, Shaun

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    Ouch. Where did you start and where are you trying to get back to? Which airline?
    Ryanair, Bristol to Treviso. Luckily my wife and boys went on Friday, got to Treviso at midnight in the end and at my in laws by 2.30. Passengers were great, everyone was shattered but no complaining.

To be fair the fog was crazy, he tried landing but aborted at what felt like 10m. Apparently Treviso doesn’t have great radar systems.

Grand Master
    I was waiting to refuel the Ryanair (Dublin),and the KLM (Amsterdam) yesterday.

KLM did several holds only to return to Amsterdam!!.
    The Ryanair was in the hold at15k and as expected diverted to Liverpool due to the fog.
    Sat at home looking at flighradar it might be something similar again!.
    Not good for passengers,but we get a few more coffees lol.
    Last edited by P9CLY; 19th December 2021 at 11:54.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by sjedwardz View Post
    Not great. But doesn’t 3 hours mean you get decent compensation??

Cheers, Shaun
    I’ll certainly look in to it. They did handle it reasonably well. My issue with Ryanair is there are never any staff. Apparently they pay the airports they use very low rates and such the airports tend not to prioritise them and their passengers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    Thanks. There’s another flight at 8.30am tomorrow, the cynical side of me thinks they may be putting wanting to merge them.
    EasyJet used to do that on the Luton to edinburgh flights in early 2000s for the Friday late afternoon flights.

After they had done it 4 times and I sussed what they were doing I jumped to BA from LGW. That was when ba were the premier airline before Walsh destroyed it.

Jim

Master
    Blog Entries
    Ryanair, Bristol to Treviso. Luckily my wife and boys went on Friday, got to Treviso at midnight in the end and at my in laws by 2.30. Passengers were great, everyone was shattered but no complaining.

To be fair the fog was crazy, he tried landing but aborted at what felt like 10m. Apparently Treviso doesn’t have great radar systems.
    Not maybe for you OP personally but how do pax stand for C19 tests to be within 24 hours of a flight departure?

Jim

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmcb View Post
    Not maybe for you OP personally but how do pax stand for C19 tests to be within 24 hours of a flight departure?

Jim
    Not entirely sure what you mean but we got screwed. Family did tests on Wednesday as it was originally 3 days, they then changed it on Thursday so they did it again on Friday.

Complete joke, paid 40 quid for basically the same NHS test. Took a photo of it next to our passport and sent it off. Completely open to fraud.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmcb View Post

Jim
    I had this on a flight to Australia recently where the flight was delayed by a day. The original test stood as it was a delayed departure rather than a new flight. Didn’t help much though as I got pinged as being a close contact due to someone on the plane having it and had to isolate for 7 days.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Enda View Post
    I had this on a flight to Australia recently where the flight was delayed by a day. The original test stood as it was a delayed departure rather than a new flight. Didn’t help much though as I got pinged as being a close contact due to someone on the plane having it and had to isolate for 7 days.
    That’s what I meant Enda. Glad you weren’t done over.

Jim

Master
    Blog Entries
    Not entirely sure what you mean but we got screwed. Family did tests on Wednesday as it was originally 3 days, they then changed it on Thursday so they did it again on Friday.

Complete joke, paid 40 quid for basically the same NHS test. Took a photo of it next to our passport and sent it off. Completely open to fraud.
    Oh yes! And some

Jim