closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 51

Thread: Everest PRS-25

  1. #1
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    England
    Posts
    147

    Everest PRS-25

    New photos of the Everest with the updated bracelet minus the faux rivets up on the website, looks very nice.

    https://www.timefactors.com/collecti...6mm-black-dial

    https://www.timefactors.com/collecti...rest-gilt-dial

    https://www.timefactors.com/collecti...edition-prs-25
    Last edited by Planet Ocean; 15th December 2021 at 11:09.

  2. #2
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Surrey
    Posts
    56
    Quote Originally Posted by Planet Ocean View Post
    New photos of the Everest with the new bracelet minus the faux rivets up on the website, looks very nice.

    https://www.timefactors.com/collecti...6mm-black-dial
    Yep, it does. I'm looking to get that bracelet for my Expedition.

    Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Master TheGent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    North West, UK
    Posts
    1,982
    Quote Originally Posted by Planet Ocean View Post
    New photos of the Everest with the new bracelet minus the faux rivets up on the website, looks very nice.

    https://www.timefactors.com/collecti...6mm-black-dial

    https://www.timefactors.com/collecti...rest-gilt-dial

    https://www.timefactors.com/collecti...edition-prs-25
    Donít know that it works, having the rivet plates but no rivets?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    North Riding, UK
    Posts
    438
    Not a fan of bracelets generally, though this is defiantly an improvement over the rivet which came with my Everest, which is currently fitted with a vintage look black leather wrist strap form Geckota.

    Also the the clasp feels a little flimsy and with my original non gilt Everest it was soldered together out of alignment, therefore it looked slightly twisted when closed; the clasp on the Baby Dred is far better.


  5. #5
    Grand Master abraxas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    London
    Posts
    33,280
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGent View Post
    Donít know that it works, having the rivet plates but no rivets?
    I thought the same. If you are going to have the plates you might as well have the rivets too. As it happens I like the rivets but that is a different story.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by abraxas View Post
    I thought the same. If you are going to have the plates you might as well have the rivets too. As it happens I like the rivets but that is a different story.
    I agree and Iím would say we are in the minority here but Iím extremely happy with the rivet style bracelet. I put mine on a third party non rivet oyster just to see and I wasnít as much a fan.

    I guess we need to ask those who didnít like the rivet bracelet. Do you prefer this?

  7. #7
    Grand Master abraxas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    London
    Posts
    33,280
    Just to conclude. I like the rivets for the same reason that I like the 20mm lugs which is that they bulk-up the package. I have been wearing the Expedition on the bracelet. At the beginning I tried some natos but never felt right. Last week I thought to try it with a beige perlon, to match the dial. It looked good, very good but also very small. I mean really small. So back on the bracelet it went. Somehow the whole package makes the watch appear bigger than 36mm on the wrist.

  8. #8
    On the topic of bracelets, does anyone know if itís possibly to swap the original chunky adjustable clasp on the non riveted bracelet for this new smaller clasp on the rivet bracelet?

  9. #9
    Master davidj54's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,250
    I donít mind the rivet bracelet but it does add an extra element of chunkiness to a watch that is otherwise vintage in its sizing. They are big rivets, compared to say the BB58 rivets that just visually disappear.

    Does anyone know if Eddie/TF will be adding the non rivet bracelet and the jubilee bracelet to buy individually? Iíd love to get the jubilee for my PRS-25. Itís currently sat on a leather, which I think does look good.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #10
    Master RLE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,664
    Quote Originally Posted by davidj54 View Post

    Does anyone know if Eddie/TF will be adding the non rivet bracelet and the jubilee bracelet to buy individually? Iíd love to get the jubilee for my PRS-25. Itís currently sat on a leather, which I think does look good.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Fairly sure Eddie mentioned the jubilee bracelet was going to be available separately at some point.

  11. #11
    Journeyman fogar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    179
    A bracelet that is chunkier than the watch it holds onto your wrist is a no-go for me.

  12. #12
    Grand Master abraxas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    London
    Posts
    33,280
    I've just been looking at the gilt dial. What a watch! I think "the endplates" (without the studs) are ok. They add an unobtrusive element of decoration as the bracelet wraps around the wrist.

    As a separate observation... I think that smaller watches create a bigger impact on the male wrist than large or larger ones. There are the people who wear the just right size of watch for their build. They become invisible. And then there are the people who wear watches that appear to be a tad smaller. What about them? Of course we all know what we think about those who wear watches that are clearly too big for them. Just saying. :)

  13. #13
    Grand Master magirus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Up North hinny
    Posts
    38,039
    Quote Originally Posted by theflyingfisherman View Post
    On the topic of bracelets, does anyone know if it’s possibly to swap the original chunky adjustable clasp on the non riveted bracelet for this new smaller clasp on the rivet bracelet?

    The bracelet that came with the very first release of the 36mm Everest was way oversized for the watch. Mine came off immediately and sat in the box with stickers on and unworn for over a year until the rivet version was released as an after market item. I looked extensively for a bracelet in the meantime but never found anything suitable. I seem to recall reading that the new clasp isn't compatible with the older bracelet, but I could be wrong. Likewise the bracelets from my Voyager and PRS-68 (small version) sit in their boxes stickered and unworn. The only thing I would change on the Everest would be the lug width, 18 or 19mm would have been better IMHO. I like the faux rivets, nicer than the new version for my taste.
    Last edited by magirus; 16th December 2021 at 17:48.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    The bracelet that came with the very first release of the 36mm Everest was way oversized for the watch. Mine came off immediately and sat in the box with stickers on and unworn for over a year until the rivet version was released as an after market item. I looked extensively for a bracelet in the meantime but never found anything suitable. I seem to recall reading that the new clasp isn't compatible with the older bracelet, but I could be wrong. Likewise the bracelets from my Voyager and PRS-68 (small version) sit in their boxes stickered and unworn. The only thing I would change on the Everest would be the lug width, 18 or 19mm would have been better IMHO. I like the faux rivets, nicer than the new version for my taste.
    Did you ever try this one from alpha?

    https://www.reddit.com/r/Watches/com...tm_name=iossmf

    The good thing with the original bracelet is that itís endlinks accommodate more third party bracelets like the alpha one.

  15. #15
    Grand Master magirus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Up North hinny
    Posts
    38,039
    Quote Originally Posted by theflyingfisherman View Post
    Did you ever try this one from alpha?

    https://www.reddit.com/r/Watches/com...tm_name=iossmf

    The good thing with the original bracelet is that itís endlinks accommodate more third party bracelets like the alpha one.
    I looked at the Alpha along with many others but at the end of the day I wanted the rivets.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    I looked at the Alpha along with many others but at the end of the day I wanted the rivets.
    Ah yes trueÖ sorry was thinking you didnít for some reason. :$


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  17. #17
    Grand Master magirus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Up North hinny
    Posts
    38,039
    Quote Originally Posted by theflyingfisherman View Post
    Ah yes trueÖ sorry was thinking you didnít for some reason. :$

    Before Eddie released his rivetted version I would have gladly bought the bracelet that Meraud sell, even given the comparatively high price. However I sent them some precise measurements taken with a digital caliper and they didn't think it would quite fit. I was mulling over buying one and altering it with fine files and a Dremmel when Eddie's came out. If the Meraud wasn't so expensive I'd still fancy buying one and having a play. I still may yet file the "rivets" flatter on the Timefactors version. Here's the Meraud.

  18. #18
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Caldicot, South Wales.
    Posts
    755
    I have also got a preference to not wear a bracelet. Canvas, leather or rubber over a bracelet any time for me; I just find it irritating when it slides about on my wrist, as well as the additional weight.

    I have my 25 on green canvas; I think it matches with the lume nicely as well.


  19. #19
    Master OldHooky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    4,005
    Maybe an optical illusion, but the bracelet now seems too large for the watch?

  20. #20
    Master Kaffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Grindsted, Danmark
    Posts
    1,302
    Quote Originally Posted by OldHooky View Post
    Maybe an optical illusion, but the bracelet now seems too large for the watch?
    Agree with that.

  21. #21
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Location
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Posts
    20
    If my Everest came with the updated non-riveted bracelet with the updated push button clasp, I might actually use it. The friction clasp is crap to be honest and i dont like the look of the rivets. It's been laying in the box, since I found a jubilee bracelet for it. I'm not sure I'm gonna spend the extra money to get the new updated bracelet or the new jubilee.

    I bought a jubilee and oyster bracelet from china, identical to the ones from Alpha. The oyster might look good, but I just don't think my particular example is good enough quality and it's not that comfortable. On the other hand, the jubilee is much much better. It's still a cheap jingly jangly jubilee, but it fits the watch perfectly and it wears great. It's extremely comfortable

  22. #22
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Devils Den, CA
    Posts
    59
    Eddie: any plans to offer with plexi like the commando? Thanks


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  23. #23
    Grand Master Velorum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    .
    Posts
    14,139
    Quote Originally Posted by mario24601 View Post
    Eddie: any plans to offer with plexi like the commando? Thanks


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  24. #24
    Grand Master abraxas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    London
    Posts
    33,280
    Quote Originally Posted by mario24601 View Post
    Eddie: any plans to offer with plexi like the commando? Thanks
    He has recently said that he won't be doing any more plexis.

  25. #25
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Devils Den, CA
    Posts
    59
    Quote Originally Posted by abraxas View Post
    He has recently said that he won't be doing any more plexis.

    Just saw your reply. Thats too bad, my perfect one would be the current Everest with plexi or commando with plexi but matte black original dial. Guess we cant have the 'perfect' watch, even if I had these two id probably want something else :)

    Guess this one will have to do :)
    Last edited by mario24601; 13th January 2022 at 21:45.

  26. #26
    Master TheGent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    North West, UK
    Posts
    1,982
    Quote Originally Posted by mario24601 View Post
    Just saw your reply. Thats too bad, my perfect one would be the current Everest with plexi or commando with plexi but matte black original dial. Guess we cant have the 'perfect' watch, even if I had these two id probably want something else :)

    Guess this one will have to do :)
    Lovely shot - what bracelet is that?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  27. #27
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    England
    Posts
    147
    Do we know if all of the latest batch of black dial Everest were sold out in yesterday's shop opening of whether they will still be for sale at the next shop opening ?

  28. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGent View Post
    Lovely shot - what bracelet is that?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If I remember rightly Mario said it was an old seiko folded link bracelet but I donít think he was anymore specific. I also like the look.

  29. #29
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    Hungary
    Posts
    59

    Faulty clasp

    What can be done if clasp on my 2nd batch Everest (not push-button yet) is always opening in everyday situation as that small tongue can,t retain the clasp in position.
    So the same issue as many of the fellows have.
    Will TF fix or replace it as itís not a matter of taste but lacking of expected functionality because of the bad design?

  30. #30
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Devils Den, CA
    Posts
    59
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGent View Post
    Lovely shot - what bracelet is that?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks. Itís an old Seiko SQ bracelet. I think fits the vintage vibe of the 25 well.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  31. #31
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Devils Den, CA
    Posts
    59
    Quote Originally Posted by theflyingfisherman View Post
    If I remember rightly Mario said it was an old seiko folded link bracelet but I donít think he was anymore specific. I also like the look.
    Yes. Donít recall the model it came from but I suspect many used this bracelet. Just looked on back of end pieces. Itís stamped 031MC




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  32. #32
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Devils Den, CA
    Posts
    59
    And another shot for good measure. Can you tell Iím really enjoying this watch? :)




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  33. #33
    Master TheGent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    North West, UK
    Posts
    1,982
    Quote Originally Posted by mario24601 View Post
    And another shot for good measure. Can you tell Iím really enjoying this watch? :)




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That really looks fantastic!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  34. #34
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Devils Den, CA
    Posts
    59
    Trying another bracelet I have laying around. What you guys think? Straight ends make it look totally different.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  35. #35
    Grand Master markrlondon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    23,881
    Blog Entries
    26
    ^^^ Looks good. Changes the character of the watch somehow.

  36. #36
    Grand Master abraxas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    London
    Posts
    33,280
    Quote Originally Posted by mario24601 View Post
    Trying another bracelet I have laying around. What you guys think? Straight ends make it look totally different. ........
    No!
    Exclusion is at the root of their success

  37. #37
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    Hungary
    Posts
    59
    Quote Originally Posted by ModernArrow10 View Post
    What can be done if clasp on my 2nd batch Everest (not push-button yet) is always opening in everyday situation as that small tongue can,t retain the clasp in position.
    So the same issue as many of the fellows have.
    Will TF fix or replace it as itís not a matter of taste but lacking of expected functionality because of the bad design?
    No opinion on this?
    Wrote Eddie but he hasnít answered for days yet.

  38. #38
    Grand Master markrlondon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    23,881
    Blog Entries
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by ModernArrow10 View Post
    No opinion on this?
    Wrote Eddie but he hasnít answered for days yet.
    Best I can suggest is to bend the tongue in very slightly. That should hold it more tightly.

    I've done that before with success on watches where I felt the clasp was too loose.

  39. #39
    Master
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Kent UK
    Posts
    1,729
    Quote Originally Posted by markrlondon View Post
    Best I can suggest is to bend the tongue in very slightly. That should hold it more tightly.

    I've done that before with success on watches where I felt the clasp was too loose.
    It helps but only slightly, certainly wasn't a permanent fix for mine. I ended up swapping out for a different bracelet.

  40. #40
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    Hungary
    Posts
    59
    Quote Originally Posted by gerrudd View Post
    It helps but only slightly, certainly wasn't a permanent fix for mine. I ended up swapping out for a different bracelet.
    Same feeling here and same comments all over the Internet about 2nd batch clasp. Long story short this is a badly designed piece.
    But as being part of the watch and seems not working properly, I do believe it should be replaced by TF during warranty period.

  41. #41
    Administrator swanbourne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Sheffield, England
    Posts
    47,356
    Quote Originally Posted by ModernArrow10 View Post
    Same feeling here and same comments all over the Internet about 2nd batch clasp. Long story short this is a badly designed piece.
    But as being part of the watch and seems not working properly, I do believe it should be replaced by TF during warranty period.
    Perhaps if you contacted someone who could do something about it, something might get done.

    Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

  42. #42
    Grand Master number2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North and South.
    Posts
    26,420
    Quote Originally Posted by ModernArrow10 View Post
    What can be done if clasp on my 2nd batch Everest (not push-button yet) is always opening in everyday situation as that small tongue can,t retain the clasp in position.
    So the same issue as many of the fellows have.
    Will TF fix or replace it as itís not a matter of taste but lacking of expected functionality because of the bad design?
    "bad design" it's a functional bracelet clasp, much the same as the bracelet on my 16800, easy to adjust and reliable.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

  43. #43
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    Hungary
    Posts
    59
    Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    Perhaps if you contacted someone who could do something about it, something might get done.

    Eddie
    As I havenít got any response by mail I would be a bit disappointed.
    But youíre right, kindly ask you to reply my mail. Thanks.

  44. #44
    Administrator swanbourne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Sheffield, England
    Posts
    47,356
    Quote Originally Posted by ModernArrow10 View Post
    As I havenít got any response by mail I would be a bit disappointed.
    But youíre right, kindly ask you to reply my mail. Thanks.
    I don't find any e-mail from you regarding the bracelet.

    Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

  45. #45
    Grand Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Sussex
    Posts
    11,903
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by ModernArrow10 View Post
    What can be done if clasp on my 2nd batch Everest (not push-button yet) is always opening in everyday situation as that small tongue can,t retain the clasp in position.
    So the same issue as many of the fellows have.
    Will TF fix or replace it as itís not a matter of taste but lacking of expected functionality because of the bad design?
    It's the standard closure for many bracelets from everyone for decades. Yes, if you bend any part of it, then it may need readjusting by gently bending either one or the other half if they don't line up perfectly or the tongue. It's not rocket science.

  46. #46
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    Hungary
    Posts
    59
    Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    I don't find any e-mail from you regarding the bracelet.

    Eddie
    First I sent at Jan 17 23:42CET then Jan 20 13:37CET.
    Subject is Re: Your order from Timefactors has been processed successfully

  47. #47
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    Hungary
    Posts
    59
    Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    I don't find any e-mail from you regarding the bracelet.

    Eddie
    Have you managed to found already or should I resend?

  48. #48
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    Hungary
    Posts
    59
    Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    I don't find any e-mail from you regarding the bracelet.

    Eddie
    Iíve already resent, kindly ask you again to reply. Thanks.

  49. #49
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    England
    Posts
    147
    SOLD OUT in a matter of seconds yet again, eighth time unlucky didn't even manage to get to the check out stage this time....delays with the Add to Cart button appearing on the webpage, I just don't know how I can be any faster, disappointed yet again.

  50. #50
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    Hungary
    Posts
    59
    Quote Originally Posted by ModernArrow10 View Post
    Iíve already resent, kindly ask you again to reply. Thanks.
    To be fair in following up: Eddie was responsive and solved the issue. Thanks.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Do Not Sell My Personal Information