closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Repairing a Seiko Gen 2 Chronograph - 7T27 7A20

Journeyman

Repairing a Seiko Gen 2 Chronograph - 7T27 7A20

I have a recently acquired Seiko Gen 2 chronograph which has a date wheel that doesn't advance with the time (it moves just fine when setting the date in the first crown position). It doesn't advance at midnight nor when moving the hands past midnight to set the time. Does anyone have suggestions for someone who could fix it or what the problem might be? I've tried a new battery. I'm in the USA but don't mind shipping it internationally if necessary.

Have you tried Seiko’s Service Centre in the USA? I’ve had two vintage quartz watches repaired by Seiko’s Service Centre in the U.K. Seiko doesn’t take on all jobs, it depends on age and the availability of parts.

You could also post your request on the MWR forum www.MWRforum.net it’s an American centred forum for collectors of military watches. I’m sure someone on MWR will know who to go to.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by BillyCasper; 10th December 2021 at 22:14.

Sorry, just seen a post that states that Seiko in the U.K. no longer take on Gen 1 or 2 repairs.

Could try in U.K.

https://www.instagram.com/rexworthywatches/?hl=en

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by BillyCasper; 10th December 2021 at 22:13.

Your best bet is to buy a replacement movement in a donor watch. Use it as a replacement, but make sure you get the date wheel changed if white. Any decent watch maker could do the swap as it’s straight forward.
    As mentioned seiko do not service these anymore.

Journeyman
    I'm going to try MWRForum next.

It also appears that sometimes the date advances - it did last night. That will make it harder to figure out, but I suppose a movement swap is still the easiest option.

Quote Originally Posted by chrysogonus View Post
    I'm going to try MWRForum next.

It also appears that sometimes the date advances - it did last night. That will make it harder to figure out, but I suppose a movement swap is still the easiest option.
    If dry of lubricant it can happen
    Some watch makers will strip it down but parts for become fragile with age, a swap is usually the best option