closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Jean Rousseau straps – worth it?

Master

Question Jean Rousseau straps – worth it?

Talk to me about Jean Rousseau starps. What are they like, and are they worth it?

Their Sport range – made from Cordura – looks stylish, but they are pricey for Cordura-based straps. What justifies £175?

I haven't a clue about the cordura straps but I have a couple of alcantara and they're properly lovely. Nice and thin yet firm and flexible, they fit straight out of the box with no annoying breaking-in period. Can't fault the finish, the stitching looks great.

Mind you, one came on the watch and the other is a freebie, I'm not totally convinced I'd pay the retail price.

Craftsman
    I ordered a bespoke strap for my ultraman and they were fantastic! Attention to detail, quality of product and service were all spot on. The strap was as good as the snoopy omega strap i have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have one on my Day-Date. It's a nice strap, but has worn just the same as something 20% of the price. You are paying for someone living in Paris to make it by hand as far as I can see.

Not tried the codura but yes JR straps are worth it and I've bought 4 now as well as a few that have come with my Ming watches. My go to for custom made.

Craftsman
    I have a bespoke alligator strap for my JLC. The quality is absolutely sensational. I was able to choose the exact section of the hide of the alligator based on the scale pattern I liked best. I was also able to specify a rubber lining which has allowed the strap to remain in top condition since I bought it. Can’t fault the customer experience or the product. This was about four years ago though…so hopefully the quality remains as good.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    A number of high end brands use them for their straps.

100% worth the price