closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: PSA : Bose 700 £169 on Amazon

PSA : Bose 700 £169 on Amazon

If you missed the flurry of these on SC for £165 as folk we’re offloading their Pixel offer, Amazon have just reduced them to £169, but who knows for how long.

Price has fluctuated back up to £299 today, so with dynamic pricing be quick if you are interested.

Prices correct at the time of typing.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bose-Noise-.../dp/B07Q9MJKBV

Price at £169.

Anyone who misses this price, register on camel camel camel for a notification for the next price drop.

The Sony WH1000XM4 also went down to £169 on Amazon. The XM3 are £159 currently.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by prexelor View Post
    ...The Sony WH1000XM4 also went down to £169 on Amazon...
    Camel says they've only been down to 201 https://uk.camelcamelcamel.com/product/B08C7KG5LP

I am not sure of the duration the price was reduced.

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/bes...he-xm4-3845667

Still showing as £169 now for me

Journeyman
    Wow, that's a great price, they're 299€ in Spain.

https://www.amazon.es/Bose-700-Auric...s%2C183&sr=8-1

A further price drop to £150 but 1-3 weeks delivery.

A further price drop to £150 but 1-3 weeks delivery.
    That's a bit too good to pass up, I'm happy to wait for that price.

Just picked up at pair of Bose QC45 SE for £150.

Currently on sale on the Bose website for £190, but if you have a student son/daughter they can sign up to Student Beans for £25 discount. Then most Amex cards have a £15 credit which you can stack, bringing the sale price from £190 to £150.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    Just picked up at pair of Bose QC45 SE for £150.

Currently on sale on the Bose website for £190, but if you have a student son/daughter they can sign up to Student Beans for £25 discount. Then most Amex cards have a £15 credit which you can stack, bringing the sale price from £190 to £150.
    That is a mental price. How do they compare to the 35ii ones if you have experience?

Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    That is a mental price. How do they compare to the 35ii ones if you have experience?
    No idea about the performance, but I can only imagine technology improves with time.

Big feature is that they come with a new two year warranty.

Master
    No idea about the performance, but I can only imagine technology improves with time.

Big feature is that they come with a new two year warranty.
    Or alas they cost cut with each new launch, which so many manufacturers seem to do.

Will try to listen to a pair, although post Covid my air travel or even commute is now so low as to render any upgrade on check in a complete miracle.

Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    Or alas they cost cut with each new launch, which so many manufacturers seem to do.

Will try to listen to a pair, although post Covid my air travel or even commute is now so low as to render any upgrade on check in a complete miracle.
    I bought mine for air travel, but they are so much more useful than that.

Just sitting at home with the telly on and blaring away by one of the kids, I just put mine on and watch something I want to watch. The noise cancelling means I am not disturbed by the background noise.

I have the Bose and am seriously underwhelmed. Wish I had got a pair of Sony wh-1000mx4 like the kids. Next level IMO

My Bose QC45 SE just arrived. Only difference between the SE and much more expensive non-SE is a soft vs hard case. Headphones are exactly the same.

£149.95 with £25 student beans discount (courtesy of my student son), £15 Amex rebate (already paid) and a generous summer sale offer from Bose in the first place.

Offer still running if anyone else is interested.

I sold my Bose 700s on SC. Great but if kit, but as they didn’t fold down, they where always a bit bulky to carry. Hopefully these solve that problem.

Master
    My Bose QC45 SE just arrived. Only difference between the SE and much more expensive non-SE is a soft vs hard case. Headphones are exactly the same.

£149.95 with £25 student beans discount (courtesy of my student son), £15 Amex rebate (already paid) and a generous summer sale offer from Bose in the first place.

Offer still running if anyone else is interested.

I sold my Bose 700s on SC. Great but if kit, but as they didn’t fold down, they where always a bit bulky to carry. Hopefully these solve that problem.

just ordered as need some better quality headphones, used Amex, unfortunately no layabout discount as student free household

Quote Originally Posted by westberks View Post
    just ordered as need some better quality headphones, used Amex, unfortunately no layabout discount as student free household
    Sorry, I probably should have mentioned I could have got you a code as I think my son gets a new one every day. I have had two codes from him already.

Master
    Sorry, I probably should have mentioned I could have got you a code as I think my son gets a new one every day. I have had two codes from him already.
    never mind, appreciate the initial heads up regardless

Master
    Just logged onto Amex and registered for £15 off any Bose purchases. Messaged my Uni son who hasn’t heard of student beans but says he’ll look into it in a few hours as he’s currently descending Pen Y Fan.

Thanks for the heads up, hopefully I’ll have some soon :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    Messaged my Uni son who hasn’t heard of student beans but says he’ll look into it in a few hours as he’s currently descending Pen Y Fan.
    I’m impressed.

When I message my student son in the early afternoon and he’s usually not long up.

Master
    I’m impressed.

When I message my student son in the early afternoon and he’s usually not long up.
    Well I wouldn’t be that impressed - he finished Uni around the middle of May and has been out every night since. One of his house mates thought they should ‘do something’ before they leave for the last time. So they’ve all gone up the mountain today.

He’s got a graduate job lined up and they’ve asked him to start two weeks early and he’s most put out he’s only got 3 1/2 months off instead of 4 months now! He’ll have an education coming once he hits the real world!

Even sooner if he doesn’t get me that discount code later :-)

Master
    Now ordered :-)

Beats Studio 3 ANC now £99 (down from £280) at Argos. Further £5 discount with signup.

Wondering why people with no interest in watches are on a watch forum?
    Blog Entries
    Beats Studio 3 ANC now £99 (down from £280) at Argos. Further £5 discount with signup.
    Cheers for the heads up, was gonna get some for holidays however “Out of stock” the world over

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    Cheers for the heads up, was gonna get some for holidays however “Out of stock” the world over
    Damn. Jumped in to buy as a Christmas present for my son, but no joy either.

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    Cheers for the heads up, was gonna get some for holidays however “Out of stock†the world over
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Damn. Jumped in to buy as a Christmas present for my son, but no joy either.
    Bose QC45 SE's are currently down to £190.

Student beans usually provides £25 Bose discount (I can get you a code from my student son), and there is a £15 Bose statement credit by Amex at the moment.

This brings a pair of QC45 SEs down to £150 which is a great deal, and the same deal I used to buy mine 6 months ago. Excellent headphones.

The only difference between the QC45 and the SE, is that SE are the same QC45 triple black headphones, but come with a soft rather than hard case.

If interested, let me know and I'll check with my student son for a £25 Bose voucher from student beans. You wil need an Amex card if you want the £15 statement credit. Just 'save' this offer in your list of offers

Here is a code for £25 off the Bose headphones. Apply it with the £15 Amex credit to get the QC45s for £150.

STU-EYEB-4BB3-YYWH-PKYB

The offer is until the end of the month and my son gets a new £25 discount code every day (I think), so PM me if somebody else snapped up this code.

If you take the code, reply to this message so other don’t waste their time.
    Last edited by noTAGlove; 20th November 2023 at 15:22.

^ Was just about to post this after receiving an email from HUKD but the post has disappeared.

Great gesture above.

^ Was just about to post this after receiving an email from HUKD but the post has disappeared.

Great gesture above.
    I put the post up on HUKD, as I benefited from the last time it was posted for £150 and bought a couple of pairs (one for me and one for my son) so I thought I’d share the love.

It was deleted by HUKD because there has been a recent update, and FCA rules means they can’t post credit card statement credits as part of deals.

The deal is still very much alive, just that it can’t be posted on HUKD.

Code PEOPLEVALUE10 applies a discount but each requires two items. The flight adapter for £2.50 is out of stock but a gift box or lead could be added to order.

Refurbished XM4 ANC earbuds from the Sony store for £79 with one years guarantee.

Seems like a good deal and I bought a black pair.

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/son...bished-4279802

Craftsman
    The Sony are sold out now.

Got excited when I saw the thread pop up with the Bose 700 at £169!

Mine came. Indistinguishable from new. Original box, leads, earpieces and instructions.

An absolute steal.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyons View Post
    The Sony are sold out now.
    Back in stock at the time of typing.

Craftsman
    Thanks for the heads up. Since my post I ordered a pair of Bose QuietComforts (45) for flying, and a pair of the WF-1000XM5 to try instead of my AirPod Pros which refuse to stay in my elephant ears while running.

Still waiting for the latter to arrive, but tried the Bose on the plane today and was very disappointed with the noise cancelling. Perhaps my expectations were too high based on online reviews, but I could still hear the pilot/stewardess while listening to music.

May just return both and go for the above XM4 instead and save a fortune at the same time!

Journeyman
    My refurb XM4 earphones arrived today. They weren't fully retail packaged but look completely as new and work really well.

The sound quality and noise cancelling are both better than the Sennheiser CX Plus True Wireless earphones I've been using for the past year or so.

Thanks for posting the link.

Thanks for the heads up. Since my post I ordered a pair of Bose QuietComforts (45) for flying, and a pair of the WF-1000XM5 to try instead of my AirPod Pros which refuse to stay in my elephant ears while running.

Still waiting for the latter to arrive, but tried the Bose on the plane today and was very disappointed with the noise cancelling. Perhaps my expectations were too high based on online reviews, but I could still hear the pilot/stewardess while listening to music.

May just return both and go for the above XM4 instead and save a fortune at the same time!
    I have the Sonys - they’re excellent.

Isn't NC generally configured to allow ambient voice by default?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    I have the Sonys - they’re excellent.

Isn't NC generally configured to allow ambient voice by default?
    That’s what I understood also. It removes the ongoing ambient noise / drone of an aircraft but allows you to still hear conversation.

Craftsman
    Genuinely didn’t know that, I just expected it to block all noise!

Had a quick play with the WF-1000XM5’s yesterday and they are unbelievable. The sound is in a different league to my AirPod Pro’s. Will see how the NC stacks up on the plane next week.

I took the train to work yesterday, given the risk of cycling on icy roads.

Took my over ear QC45s to keep my ears warm on the walk to/from the station and then had the chance to compare the over ear QC45 vs XM4 on a busy train.

The XM4 sound and ANC is amazing and up there with the QC45s, and maybe better given them being directly in the ear canal.

How they pack that much tech into a tiny space is amazing.

I am definitely a convert from over ear to buds for ANC, at least given the quality of the Sonys.

I would recommend downloading the Bose app and checking for any updates.

I am a glasses wearer and when wearing my Bose QC35, the seal is broken by the glasses arms and if I want a perfect seal, it’s either wear glasses ‘upwards’ or take them off.

It is also worth checking your Bose were not inadvertently in aware mode or any other mode that may have been set up eg commuting, office etc.

From my understanding, NC cuts out drone like noise but voices and certain higher frequencies can muffled slightly but not cancelled out.

Craftsman
    I had the app downloaded (I think you need it as part of set up?), and everything was up to date.

They were definitely in the correct mode too! I could toggle between NC and aware.

They’ve been returned already, very disappointed!

I recently got some Soundcore - Anker Liberty 4 NC, and they are great, the active noise cancellation is fantastic and used them on the train last week and could hear no surrounding noise at all, you can control the level of ANC to your liking. The sound is good, deep base and nice and loud. With the app you can tweak the EQ, and it even allows you to change what the touch commands do, which I thought was a neat feature. Battery life is impressive so far. Comfortable as well, I had them in for maybe 6-7 hours the other day with travelling and no issues.

Would highly recommend them. £79 on amazon.

Master
    I would recommend downloading the Bose app and checking for any updates.

I am a glasses wearer and when wearing my Bose QC35, the seal is broken by the glasses arms and if I want a perfect seal, it’s either wear glasses ‘upwards’ or take them off.

It is also worth checking your Bose were not inadvertently in aware mode or any other mode that may have been set up eg commuting, office etc.

From my understanding, NC cuts out drone like noise but voices and certain higher frequencies can muffled slightly but not cancelled out.
    I wear RB New Wayfarer as my daily glasses, tell me about the lack of perfect seal given the thick arms.