closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: POWERMATIC TISSOT PRX STEEL AND GOLD

Craftsman

POWERMATIC TISSOT PRX STEEL AND GOLD

I’ve come across this online and I’ve really fallen for it, although I wonder whether I’d love it in the flesh as much as I do in pics, I’m sceptical about dropping £1600 on a tissot, but it is a steel and 18k gold piece I guess, it kinda reminds me of an oysterquartz which is something I love too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman

Master
    Nice, I don't usually like bi metal watches, and i do prefer the steel version but I can see why you like this

Over £1000 premium for that bezel option

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt.D View Post
    Over £1000 premium for that bezel option

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    That’s the thing putting me off this. as the all steel version of this is so much cheaper, it’s a lot to pay for the gold bezel

Quote Originally Posted by ellsy_79 View Post
    That’s the thing putting me off this. as the all steel version of this is so much cheaper, it’s a lot to pay for the gold bezel
    Are the hands and hour markers not gold as well.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ellsy_79 View Post
    ... it kinda reminds me of an oysterquartz which is something I love too
    In person it looks like a giant oysterquartz, for me (and a lot of people on an earlier thread about the SS version) they really overdid the size. Especially considering that it's an integrated bracelet, and doesn't bend that much at the lugs. It might work if you have Jack Reacher's wrists though.

I’d advise trying on the ss version first as they wear really big. I agree with the poster above, they made a size error on this one.

I really like the look of it, though the price and size are prohibitive, to me. Fingers crossed for a 36mm version!

I went for a quartz version a few months ago and flipped it straight back to the store. It wears silly big for the style of watch.

And £1600 for a watch with the Powermatic 80 movement? Good enough movement but that's a big ask from Tissot. You'd really have to love it.

Agree with what’s already been said, silly money for what it is. I quite like the look of the steel one, but reports of its hugeness have put me off

Master
    For that price you're within spitting distance of a Tudor Royale, not the two tone version admittedly, but the day-date version is less than £200 more. I know which way my money would go.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by enndriz View Post
    Agree with what’s already been said, silly money for what it is. I quite like the look of the steel one, but reports of its hugeness have put me off
    Silly money indeed. My girlfriend who is 5ft 4 and and slim build has the SS version and loves it. I have to say it does look good on her.

Quote Originally Posted by julian2002 View Post
    For that price you're within spitting distance of a Tudor Royale, not the two tone version admittedly, but the day-date version is less than £200 more. I know which way my money would go.
    Is that the one that wears a David Beckham?
    Actually I think the Tissot is a much nicer looking watch. IMHO.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I was initially put off by the reports that it wore to big. I tried on the blue stainless steel quartz a few weeks ago and I found it a nice fit, so much so that I ended up buying it. Definitely try one on to see if it's for you. The quality of the watch is far better than the meagre cost.

Surprised by the big comments I have the Powermatic and I really like it. My wrists are small too!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gav View Post
    I was initially put off by the reports that it wore to big. I tried on the blue stainless steel quartz a few weeks ago and I found it a nice fit, so much so that I ended up buying it. Definitely try one on to see if it's for you. The quality of the watch is far better than the meagre cost.
    Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by miguelh34 View Post
    Surprised by the big comments I have the Powermatic and I really like it. My wrists are small too!

- - - Updated - - -

Agreed
    Yeah, certainly not big. I am not sure where those comments come from.
    Not tiny either.
    I do like this version. Not entirely convince about the brown dial though.

Craftsman
    I picked up the blue dialled SS version a few days ago. On my 7.5 inch wrists it wears anything but big. Certainly no bigger than a previous gen Speedmaster. It's also quite thin on the wrist so will go under cuff no problem.

Master
    Blog Entries

This thread needs pictures!!

Craftsman

Craftsman
    I’m starting to come round that the steel version is the one to go for. The thread has certainly been very helpful

Journeyman
    Dont think i could drop £1600 on a watch that also has a £200 Quartz version..

Do love the look of these though but would just get the regular powermatic.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaacck View Post

Do love the look of these though but would just get the regular powermatic.
    +1, totally agree

Quote Originally Posted by Jaacck View Post

Weird logic

As others have said these have a very Oysterquartz vibe - they’re in no way a homage but they have a similar design theme, which personally I think suits the steel/quartz movement option the best. I have to admit the gold bezel version is very handsome but for me it’s trying a bit too hard for the oysterquartz look - as if someone on the Tissot team suddenly realised the similarity and decided to create a version to ape the Rolex design more closely.