closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hulk Values

Hulk Values

Considering selling my full B&P 2011 Hulk, barely worn and so extremely good condition. Where should I be pitching it price wise? If anyone want to get ahead of the queue then please feel free to PM me.

Cool

I think that now that you can buy a green dialled Nautilus for just £350-£400k i suspect values have been hit hard.

I'd probably suggest around £6-£7K?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by RS24 View Post
    Considering selling my full B&P 2011 Hulk, barely worn and so extremely good condition. Where should I be pitching it price wise? If anyone want to get ahead of the queue then please feel free to PM me.

I would pay £12k , if it’s got all the bits and pieces .

Got to be worth around £14k absolute minimum hasn’t it. Helped a mate buy one a few months back at £14.5 and from all the research and weeding out the rubbish, that seemed about the bottom of the value range and he was very happy. Happy to be proved wrong, but they seem to be £15-£25k now.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tz-uk73 View Post
    Got to be worth around £14k absolute minimum hasn’t it. Helped a mate buy one a few months back at £14.5 and from all the research and weeding out the rubbish, that seemed about the bottom of the value range and he was very happy. Happy to be proved wrong, but they seem to be £15-£25k now.
    Certainly not above £15k to £16k. The last few on eBay all sold at between £15 to £15.5k.

After fees at 12.5% upto £2,500 and 3.5% after that you will do well to get net above £15k

Blog Entries
    Depends if selling to the trade or to a private seller. Trade will add a hefty hit to add on their markup.

I would agree if buying then those values could be correct - selling - adjust buying price accordingly for markup.
    “ Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.” HHGTTG

No-one would sell a £15k watch on eBay with uncapped 12.5% fees would they. I regularly get £1 final value fee offers or 80% off fee offers. Appreciate trade buy in would be less, but I don’t see the trade selling any really below £16k. I’d say even the trade would have it for £13k and take a nice 25% surely?

Private sale i still say £14k minimum to be good for the buyer and seller no?

Master
    Blog Entries
    No-one would sell a £15k watch on eBay with uncapped 12.5% fees would they. I regularly get £1 final value fee offers or 80% off fee offers. Appreciate trade buy in would be less, but I don’t see the trade selling any really below £16k. I’d say even the trade would have it for £13k and take a nice 25% surely?

Private sale i still say £14k minimum to be good for the buyer and seller no?

Sell a few items on eBay and it soon switches to 80% FvF. A bit longer and they disappear.

That added to the fact that unless you sell with regularity your max sale would be capped.

£15-25k seems like a crazy spread. £15k seems like a bargain price. The cheapest I can find on Chrono24 with papers is just shy of £17k. I guess dealers could easy clear over £20k. My hulk is also very little worn and has sat in a safe most of its life... so it’s a tough one.

Master
    I am not sure that £15k is a bargain price. If you sell it to the trade as other have mentioned they will add their mark up to it. I would have thought they would buy it for between £14k-£15k and then their mark up would be applied.
    Last edited by s1wnw; 6th December 2021 at 19:11.

£15-25k seems like a crazy spread. £15k seems like a bargain price. The cheapest I can find on Chrono24 with papers is just shy of £17k. I guess dealers could easy clear over £20k. My hulk is also very little worn and has sat in a safe most of its life... so it’s a tough one.
    Spoken like a true seller.

Chrono 24 is helium pricing. WF have two right now on the website (and probably another 50 in the safe). One is £18k and the other is £19k as it’s Christmas milking season.

£15k for a 2011 is not a bargain. Settle yourself.

Stick it in sales simple

Sent from my SM-G780F using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    15 private given UK greys are selling them for 17 and so they will likely give you around 15. I sold mine last year when it was discontinued, prices shot up for a brief period. Think it settled since but now creeping back up again.

I loved the hulk it for the occasional wear but my taste changed and black pre ceramic sports Rolex are just cooler as Hulk and ceramics are trying too hard.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by bokbok View Post
    Stick it in sales simple

Sent from my SM-G780F using TZ-UK mobile app
    This , all day long

Master
    Surely the price will vary if you want to sell it in one hour, one day, one week or one month?
    100’s of buyers at £10K, 10’s of buyers at £12K, a couple of buyers at £14K and 1 buyer (if you can find him?) at £16K.

You’ll get £15k easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    Looks like last minter went for around 14k on sales corner

Is this the circle w@nk thread?
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Should this not be in SC instead of WT instead of posting a sale thread here getting the best of both worlds?

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kultschar View Post
    Looks like last minter went for around 14k on sales corner
    Wasn't that the scam one?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    Is this the circle w@nk thread?
    Isn’t every Rolex thread one?:-)

£15k is indeed a bargain price for a watch that cost sub £6k

Timely thread, as I’ve been wondering where prices are and which way they’re going. Although I’m looking at European pricing too. New house in Madeira tapped me out so I’m trying to decide whether to get some funds back in. Hoping to avoid it, but got to get my priorities straight if it comes to it. We do have a Rolex dealer in Funchal but there’s very little on display of late. What little there is always seems to have ‘display only’ markers. Might be interesting to see what he says, actually.

Master
    Then why even bother asking? Pointless thread!

Just sold my late 2011 to the trade for £14500 and that was immaculate. Who knows if they will go up or down but I laid £4950 when new so il settle for a decent return as it’s only a good return if you sell it. All these people tucking away in the safe might be in for a shock very soon. Seems plenty of stock in grey dealers and with another rolex factory being built as we speak maybe the huge markups over retail maybe curtailed one day. Not for now granted, but I would imagine it will come one day.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeti View Post
    Just sold my late 2011 to the trade for £14500 and that was immaculate. Who knows if they will go up or down but I laid £4950 when new so il settle for a decent return as it’s only a good return if you sell it. All these people tucking away in the safe might be in for a shock very soon. Seems plenty of stock in grey dealers and with another rolex factory being built as we speak maybe the huge markups over retail maybe curtailed one day. Not for now granted, but I would imagine it will come one day.
    Congratulations on your return nothing wrong in making a few quid. You purchased your Hulk when they couldn’t give them away.

I asked a connected person about the rumours about another factory, his words was fabricated nonsense. I wouldn’t worry too much about a reduction, because it won’t be happening.

I don’t think it’s fair mocking people tucking away their watches btw now you’ve downed yours.

Hulk Values

Quote Originally Posted by Kippax View Post
    Congratulations on your return nothing wrong in making a few quid. You purchased your Hulk when they couldn’t give them away.

I asked a connected person about the rumours about another factory, his words was fabricated nonsense. I wouldn’t worry too much about a reduction, because it won’t be happening.

I don’t think it’s fair mocking people tucking away their watches btw now you’ve downed yours.

I was in with my AD the other day and he told me it will be 18 months before the new factory is producing more watches to try to keep up with demand. They don’t want the current situation of empty displays.
    Not mocking. Just making an observation that anything that can shoot up in price so drastically has the potential to fall.
    I’ve called it wrong many times before, a few years ago I couldn’t see Rolex hitting the prices they are now. Maybe they will continue to rise and rise. Does smell of a bubble that can’t be sustained but who knows.

Could this be the new factory?

Last edited by Yeti; 8th December 2021 at 01:10.

That could well be the new factory, like you I’ve been given this info from the manager there. Who knows!?

2020 dated one here in Bournemouth just shy of 18k

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Phew its a Good job the trader you sold to wasn’t clued up….

But seriously congratulations, however i think the Hulk is potentially a bit different as no longer in production and there’s doubt a ‘green’ dial sub will ever appear again…its a great watch on a sunny day..

The well stocked greys are pushing the envelope of pricing in the knowledge that new supply is currently worse than ever …..they’ll play ‘blink’ with buyers as the inventory they hold is more likely to appreciate than depreciate…(currently)…

If Rolex doubled capacity would wait lists evaporate or 1/2 in time , would the lists of 25-50 per location waiting for a pepsi GMT all be quickly satisfied?…….hmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by TKH View Post

But seriously congratulations, however i think the Hulk is potentially a bit different as no longer in production and there’s doubt a ‘green’ dial sub will ever appear again…its a great watch on a sunny day..

The well stocked greys are pushing the envelope of pricing in the knowledge that new supply is currently worse than ever …..they’ll play ‘blink’ with buyers as the inventory they hold is more likely to appreciate than depreciate…(currently)…

If Rolex doubled capacity would wait lists evaporate or 1/2 in time , would the lists of 25-50 per location waiting for a pepsi GMT all be quickly satisfied?…….hmmmm
    As I said above I’ve called it wrong plenty of times…sold my 5711 for £20k and a year later they were £50k .. Sold my Y serial Kermit for £5.5k now £30k plus? But, it’s horses for courses. I’ve enjoyed the watches. The buying, the wearing, the selling. The hulk will probably be £25k next year but that’s life. What’s important is that right now I am happy to take a large increase over what I paid for the watch and have enjoyed ownership. I am amazed however at how many people have bought at inflated prices over list price whilst under the impression watches will continue to double or triple in value and are an “investment” as opposed to a watch. As I said above, I can’t see it falling over night anytime soon but a bird in hand is better than two in the bush for me.

As I said above I’ve called it wrong plenty of times…sold my 5711 for £20k and a year later they were £50k .. Sold my Y serial Kermit for £5.5k now £30k plus? But, it’s horses for courses. I’ve enjoyed the watches. The buying, the wearing, the selling. The hulk will probably be £25k next year but that’s life. What’s important is that right now I am happy to take a large increase over what I paid for the watch and have enjoyed ownership. I am amazed however at how many people have bought at inflated prices over list price whilst under the impression watches will continue to double or triple in value and are an “investment” as opposed to a watch. As I said above, I can’t see it falling over night anytime soon but a bird in hand is better than two in the bush for me.
    Hah! Made those precise mistakes myself, and threw in an Aquanaut too for good measure.

These threads always amuse me. Anyone owning the watch in question talks the prices up and the rest of us just look on, shaking our heads.

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Hah! Made those precise mistakes myself, and threw in an Aquanaut too for good measure.

These threads always amuse me. Anyone owning the watch in question talks the prices up and the rest of us just look on, shaking our heads.
    As have I …1680 red …doh…..116509…Project Alaska…..

But you always have to remember….what you did with the fresh money and what motivated the sale at that time…..

valuation of a piece of artwork is always astonishing..

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TKH View Post

Im not sure wait lists are a defined period. It depends on your buying history as we are allegedly told eg the roadmap. So for low spenders or single purchase the wait list is in essence never. A 50% reduction in never is still never. Its been said before the UK is the cheapest place to buy Rolex. With so many other desirable markets to satisfy eg HK , Middle East , parts of USA, then I recon it will be a while before Subs and GMT’s can be bought easily here.

Just my 2 p and Ill get my hat.
    Steve

I am amazed however at how many people have bought at inflated prices over list price whilst under the impression watches will continue to double or triple in value and are an “investment” as opposed to a watch.

I have purchased the Cermit at my AD at RRP gave it to a friend at RRP realised that the watch is stunning so decided to purchase one grey at double the RRP. I don’t think for one second that mine will double, why do you make those accusations that’s what people think? I’ve not really thought about it to be honest.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Spoken like a true seller.

Chrono 24 is helium pricing. WF have two right now on the website (and probably another 50 in the safe). One is £18k and the other is £19k as it’s Christmas milking season.

£15k for a 2011 is not a bargain. Settle yourself.

Whilst the actual values given by Chrono24 may or may not be entirely accurate, I think that it is a good tool to track trends of any particular watch i.e. up or down, even if it is just asking prices, and there certainly are some crazy prices around at the moment. Presumably some people are actually buying though.

What a Hulk, or any other watch, is actually worth is difficult to say and depends on the perspective of the commentator: I agree that a seller will always talk it up, a trader (if you're selling) will always talk it down, and even though I don't have access to the sales corner here and therefore haven't seen asking prices, I'm not convinced that this is a great barometer either - after all it just reflects the opinions of a small group of people on an internet forum who will probably have a biased perspective as a buyer or seller.

I have a 2013 Hulk that I bought new, having walked by and seen it in the window of Hamilton and Inches, imagine that! I got an insurance valuation in the last couple of months and the estimate was 16 or possibly 16.5k (can't remember which), and if you look at the market that seems at the lower end or possibly short of what you might have to pay to a dealer to replace like with like. That said, I have no interest in selling because I like it, although the Rolex 'profile', or at least my perception of it and the image that it can carry, sees me wearing it less and less. I sold a WG Daytona last year for the same reason.

, why do you make those accusations that’s what people think? I’ve not really thought about it to be honest.

Well in your case it wouldn’t apply but I’ve been into watches for about 15 years and whilst I never used to hear non wis people talking about watches, what I hear commonly nowadays from people who don’t know a bezel from a dial is that “I’ve bought this watch because it’s an investment and the place I bought it from told me it will be worth X amount next year blah blah blah”. In essence lots of people are buying in the hope that they can park some money up into a Rolex and they will see a big return. That’s all well and good if prices keep climbing. Can they keep going forever? Who knows. I remember the days of buying hulks in shop windows, hell I even remember steel Daytonas just started to become more readily available before the new model came in. There were sights of Steel Daytonas going in windows! My thinking is that as quickly as this shortage has developed it can also reverse just as quickly. Rolex only need to open the taps a bit and it could go back to the days of most watches being available to buy bar Daytona etc. nothing lasts forever. All the Instagram dealers that have popped up over the last 3/5 years have only known one direction…up. How will they fare if it goes the other way?

Quote Originally Posted by Corryvreckan View Post
    I don't have access to the sales corner here and therefore haven't seen asking prices, I'm not convinced that this is a great barometer either - after all it just reflects the opinions of a small group of people on an internet forum who will probably have a biased perspective as a buyer or seller. .
    Sales Corner does not reflect true value in watches. It depends to live around 3/4 years behind where the market is now. Especially with appreciating watches.

Well in your case it wouldn’t apply but I’ve been into watches for about 15 years and whilst I never used to hear non wis people talking about watches, what I hear commonly nowadays from people who don’t know a bezel from a dial is that “I’ve bought this watch because it’s an investment and the place I bought it from told me it will be worth X amount next year blah blah blah”. In essence lots of people are buying in the hope that they can park some money up into a Rolex and they will see a big return. That’s all well and good if prices keep climbing. Can they keep going forever? Who knows. I remember the days of buying hulks in shop windows, hell I even remember steel Daytonas just started to become more readily available before the new model came in. There were sights of Steel Daytonas going in windows! My thinking is that as quickly as this shortage has developed it can also reverse just as quickly. Rolex only need to open the taps a bit and it could go back to the days of most watches being available to buy bar Daytona etc. nothing lasts forever. All the Instagram dealers that have popped up over the last 3/5 years have only known one direction…up. How will they fare if it goes the other way?
    I see your point.

If production does increase yes more people will get hold of them however the demand will still be there. Rolex will increase their prices it’s been on the cards for sometime and some say it will be upto 15% on some watches. There’s also talk of them discontinuing SS watches in turn will create the demand. IMO all it will do is slow the inflated prices down not reduced them.

I see your point.

If production does increase yes more people will get hold of them however the demand will still be there. Rolex will increase their prices it’s been on the cards for sometime and some say it will be upto 15% on some watches. There’s also talk of them discontinuing SS watches in turn will create the demand. IMO all it will do is slow the inflated prices down not reduced them.

One thing you can be sure of - Rolex won't increase productivity to the detriment of their brand and desirability.

Wouldn’t mind if they did. Forget the resale value, I just want what I’m on the list for.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post
    One thing you can be sure of - Rolex won't increase productivity to the detriment of their brand and desirability.
    This all day long

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Wouldn’t mind if they did. Forget the resale value, I just want what I’m on the list for.
    These are amongst the wisest words on this thread.

Sent from my SM-A125F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ruggertech View Post
    These are amongst the wisest words on this thread.

Sent from my SM-A125F using Tapatalk
    I imagine that it simply echoes what many of us feel. The Daytona doesn't worry me now as I have the Chronomaster Sport instead, but a ceramic Pepsi GMT would be another of my exit watches. Residuals are irrelevant.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    I imagine that it simply echoes what many of us feel. The Daytona doesn't worry me now as I have the Chronomaster Sport instead, but a ceramic Pepsi GMT would be another of my exit watches. Residuals are irrelevant.
    Would you go grey for that Tony?
    “ Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.” HHGTTG

Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    Would you go grey for that Tony?
    Thereby lies the problem, Martyn - because I wouldn't sell it, I have to think about the actual value proposition if I have to pay well over list. That's what's stopped me going grey to date, in fact.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post
    This.

I can't see the markup above RRP being sustained, but all Rolex need to do to fix that is better supply allied with one or two price increases.

Quote Originally Posted by Scepticalist View Post
    This.

I can't see the markup above RRP being sustained, but all Rolex need to do to fix that is better supply allied with one or two price increases.
    Please inform the head honchos at Rolex that you have found a very easy fix for this situation that is bothering everyone:-)