Patek releasing 170 Tiffany 5711's

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/12/06/pate...ky-buyers.html

Watch the flippers implode on this one.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    https://www.cnbc.com/2021/12/06/pate...ky-buyers.html

Watch the flippers implode on this one.
    Must be bargain of the year.

And movement now have hacking seconds , WOW, man !

Master
    Wonder what it will do to the prices of oyster perpetuals in that dial colour

It's actually rather lovely.

Craftsman
    First one open for bids at Phillips NY auction this weekend 🍿

https://www.phillips.com/detail/pate...pe/NY080121/1T

The green dial hit ~400k Euros IIRC?

This must clear the 500k Euros mark for sure.

Craftsman

Patek releasing 170 Tiffany 5711's

Very poor dial. And if the text on the movement is true that is an absolute joke!

Flippers will love this though.

Wonder if this will be the last Tiffany’s release now they are owned by LVMH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by optix; 6th December 2021 at 14:40.

Makes me think, I really don't know much about them but Tiffany have done well identifying with and marketing a colour. I know certain brands manage to link themselves to colours through their logo, but is there any other company that you could identify just by showing a square of a certain colour?

Poor dial?

Say you don’t like it, that’s fine. But the dial is instantly identifiable as Tiffany’s, which is more than can be said about most store-specific version ever produced.
    As such it is very good.

The desirability will of course confirm the same but that may not be a valid criterion since rarity combined with PP signature would make any watch desirable.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Master
    I really like it.

Not that I could ever afford one.

Personally I don’t think the dial colour suits the watch but I’m sure anyone offered one won’t say no.

Craftsman
    That's gorgeous, but obviously unobtainable for mere mortals :D

Quote Originally Posted by gaurav_tzuk View Post
    Wonder what it will do to the prices of oyster perpetuals in that dial colour
    I would not be at all surprised if it has added a few thousand to the already outrageous asking prices on the grey market!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    Poor dial?

Say you don’t like it, that’s fine. But the dial is instantly identifiable as Tiffany’s, which is more than can be said about most store-specific version ever produced.
    As such it is very good.

The desirability will of course confirm the same but that may not be a valid criterion since rarity combined with PP signature would make any watch desirable.
    It's not the Tiffany blue it is everything else.

White date window, the black indexes.

Patek could have done better for a limited edition watch but this is just got the money. Could they have not tried a different type type? Maybe I just expect better from them.

The fact it's 170 and auction houses will set the grey price due to a charity auction says it all about this launch. Oh let's not forget the tacky LVMH branding on the back

Quote Originally Posted by minskii View Post
    First one open for bids at Phillips NY auction this weekend 

https://www.phillips.com/detail/pate...pe/NY080121/1T

"In Excess of $50,000" methinks they've missed a zero!

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    I think it'll be a $million job.

Not for me - hideous.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Master
    Everyone's a winner, aren't they? PP get the kudos and halo effect of producing what will no doubt become known as the 'legendary' Tiffany Nautilus. Tiffany get the kudos of being able to sell them as well as being able to offer their top spenders the kudos of being able to buy one, not to mention the small matter of a $500k+ profit as they walk out the door as a little 'thank you' for their patronage. Nice club to be in.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ColDaspin View Post
    Everyone's a winner, aren't they? PP get the kudos and halo effect of producing what will no doubt become known as the 'legendary' Tiffany Nautilus. Tiffany get the kudos of being able to sell them as well as being able to offer their top spenders the kudos of being able to buy one, not to mention the small matter of a $500k+ profit as they walk out the door as a little 'thank you' for their patronage. Nice club to be in.
    Was there ever a more appropriate time for the phrase win win. At least this doesnt harm / impact on genuine watch folk as these pieces are just horological exclusive trinkets.

Master
    John Mayer and crew wetting themselves

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    Makes me think, I really don't know much about them but Tiffany have done well identifying with and marketing a colour. I know certain brands manage to link themselves to colours through their logo, but is there any other company that you could identify just by showing a square of a certain colour?
    The only one that comes to mind is Harrod's green, but even that I don't think is as identifiable.

Craftsman
    They’ve used centuries & from memory trademarked.

Very few brands can pull it off. T-Mobile, UPS, University of Texas all jump output. A lot of brands change over the years.

Latter one is more US centric

Perfect companion for a Tiffany Bentley. Both on my list, in case if I accidently become a famous rapper.. or boxer. Just don't let the taste police spot them.

PP never discontinued the 5711... they converted it to never ending Limited Editions. Reeks of upmarket Seiko practices.

Quote Originally Posted by apm101 View Post
    The only one that comes to mind is Harrod's green, but even that I don't think is as identifiable.
    Not to everyone. Didn't know was even a Tiffany colour.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by abraxas View Post
    PP never discontinued the 5711... they converted it to never ending Limited Editions. Reeks of upmarket Seiko practices.
    case back as well.

Interesting to see stern say he presented this to LVMH as a-gift for buying Tiffany .

He also warned them that is bittersweet as loads of the high end Tiffany clients won’t get this. Looks like it is being sold out of the 3 main American stores.

Cadbury, Harrods?

When direct tobacco advertising was banned on F1 cars the subtle use of colours and designs made sure you knew where the money came from

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by kace View Post
    Cadbury, Harrods?

When direct tobacco advertising was banned on F1 cars the subtle use of colours and designs made sure you knew where the money came from
    Camel Yellow springs to mind :)

The Rolex green would be instantly recognisable to most on here, it might mean less to the rest of the population.

I suspect there are dozens of colours we unconsciously associate with certain brands.

Quote Originally Posted by kace View Post
    The Rolex green would be instantly recognisable to most on here, it might mean less to the rest of the population.

I suspect there are dozens of colours we unconsciously associate with certain brands.
    I don't think Rolex try that hard with their green. Is it the green on the logo, the green on their boxes, or the green of the bezel on a Hulk or LV Sub? Rolex use many shades of green from dark to grass green. Tiffany's colour is iconic and used in a much more consistent way, and not really used by any other famous brands in the same way. Rolex used a similar hue on an OP dial and people are calling it a Tiffany Dial Oyster Perpetual. If BMW were to release a dark green car, people (even on here) would more likely call it British Racing Green, or Dark Green rather than Rolex Green.

Coca-cola go to great lengths to ensure their red is consistent, unfortunately red being a primary colour means millions of other brands use something near identical.

Just in case anyone doesn't bond with their Tiffany 5711 I'd be happy to buy from you and will add an extra £150 on top. Spirit of Xmas and all that ;)

I like the watch, and I like the colour - but together it’s a little bit too Liberace for my tastes!

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Just in case anyone doesn't bond with their Tiffany 5711 I'd be happy to buy from you and will add an extra £150 on top. Spirit of Xmas and all that ;)
    You didn’t get offered one?

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    lolololol - https://www.instagram.com/reel/CXLOurPq1pb/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Quote Originally Posted by chrisparker View Post
    I don't think Rolex try that hard with their green. Is it the green on the logo, the green on their boxes, or the green of the bezel on a Hulk or LV Sub? Rolex use many shades of green from dark to grass green. Tiffany's colour is iconic and used in a much more consistent way, and not really used by any other famous brands in the same way. Rolex used a similar hue on an OP dial and people are calling it a Tiffany Dial Oyster Perpetual. If BMW were to release a dark green car, people (even on here) would more likely call it British Racing Green, or Dark Green rather than Rolex Green.

Coca-cola go to great lengths to ensure their red is consistent, unfortunately red being a primary colour means millions of other brands use something near identical.
    That's true, I hadn't thought of its use, or lack of, beyond the packaging.

In all honesty I though this was some onion news as it's not 1st of April

It's like you let the Kardashian family reframe a Rembrandt to go along with the decorations in their new mansion

Stern must be trolling everybody by creating this monstrosity... But again, he always hated the Nautilus because nobody was buying anything else.

Master
    Blog Entries
    So not PP very CRASS. Wrong and nasty.

Journeyman
    I really wouldn't be surprised if these things hit $1 million if any was to hit the grey market.

Quote Originally Posted by chriskibbledj View Post
    I really wouldn't be surprised if these things hit $1 million if any was to hit the grey market.
    Put your tongue back in, covert dealer boy.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by higham5 View Post
    Camel Yellow springs to mind :)
    Always like the purple of Silk Cut. And on those Le Mans Jags...

Quote Originally Posted by chriskibbledj View Post
    At least a million

Quote Originally Posted by RobDad View Post
    I like the watch, and I like the colour - but together it’s a little bit too Liberace for my tastes!
    It don't think they are aimed at guys.

I don’t mind the looks and would gladly buy it at list price.
    More importantly it underlined how strong the market for Swiss watches is when people have been so eager to ring the death knell of mechanical watches in favor of smart watches.

Quote Originally Posted by abraxas View Post
    It don't think they are aimed at guys.
    Certainly not at the guys who are insecure about their sexuality.

Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    Certainly not at the guys who are insecure about their sexuality.
    Would look great with a Moncler jacket, some Balenciagas, and newly installed teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Would look great with a Moncler jacket, some Balenciagas, and newly installed teeth.
    Ha! Would be right at home with those:-)

Master
    Blog Entries
    This is absolutely hideous!!

I am not keen on the green dial either

I just hope that they’re not faked ( I mean there are some very close to genuine fakes out there), it would be just so awful - heartbreaking in fact- for those 150 carefully chosen watch enthusiasts.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    [QUOTE=Joe.K;5888886]I just hope that they’re not faked ( I mean there are some very close to genuine fakes out there), it would be just so awful - heartbreaking in fact- for those 150 carefully chosen watch enthusiasts.

I should imagine that there is a factory in China working on it at this very moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe.K View Post
    I just hope that they’re not faked ( I mean there are some very close to genuine fakes out there), it would be just so awful - heartbreaking in fact- for those 150 carefully chosen watch enthusiasts.
    Almost certain.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........