closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Source for Seiko JDM? What's up with Katsu Higuchi?

Master

Source for Seiko JDM? What's up with Katsu Higuchi?

Would Seiko collectors be so kind as to let me know which source they use for their JDM models nowadays?

I have bought tens of JDM watches over a decade ago, I used to deal with Seiya & Higuchi mostly, with a preference for Higuchi.

His contact form does not seem to work. Does he still sell? Any others? Many thanks in advance!

Craftsman
    Gnomon Watches in Singapore sell JDM Seiko's, if you want one of the more popular models.

I bought a JDM mini turtle from ippo Japan as they were the best priced and found the process very easy. I would use them again, but that’s based on the grand total of a single experience.

I’ve used Seiya just the once and was blown away by the service tbh. Package arrived impressively wrapped within 48 hours of ordering and communication throughout was excellent. The watch was perfect with all Japanese hang tags and packaging.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    I seem to remember he had some health issues years ago and closed up for a while.
    Maybe the same ?

maseman

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by maseman View Post
    I seem to remember he had some health issues years ago and closed up for a while.
    Maybe the same ?

maseman
    I have heard that about Seiya, don't know about Katsu.

The issue with Seiya is that he does not use EMS (only DHL) and he declares full amount, so tax hit will be astronomical.

Quote Originally Posted by buddy13 View Post
    I have heard that about Seiya, don't know about Katsu.

The issue with Seiya is that he does not use EMS (only DHL) and he declares full amount, so tax hit will be astronomical.
    Oh dear, imagine paying tax.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Oh dear, imagine paying tax.
    Oh well, they can easily add up to 25% of the watch value.

Making a 4,000 Euro watch I can afford into a 5,000 Euro watch I cannot.

Money to fill the deep pockets of our politicians. I declare every cent I make at work and here in my country, those earning the most are the ones who declare and pay the least. You should live here to know how pissed you would be to pay 1,000 Euro on a 4,000 Euro used watch, while the dentist that earns 2,000 Euro a week pays less than half of what you pay in tax.

Personally I’d rather pay the tax and get the watch delivered swiftly and safely, than rely on some shoddy outfit that tries to dodge tax and your watch languishes in customs for over a month - and when you do finally receive it you have to pay the tax anyway. And this is from personal experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    I've used both Ippo and Seiya in the last couple of years and both transactions went very smoothly, with good comms and the watch arriving within a few days on each occasion.