closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Tesla Info Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by jonasy View Post
    Those coming from more traditional luxury cars, how are you finding your 3? Can one live with vinyl seats 😬
    I came from a RR Velar HSE full options to a Model 3. Sure the Velar is more luxurious but the Tesla is absolutely fine and I like the minimalism. The one thing I do miss from the Velar is the massage seats. Aside from that the Tesla M3 is much more relaxing to drive and you feel much more refreshed after a long drive compared to the Velar, particularly if you use the Autopilot to make light work of the motorways.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Master
    Just to say, nobody now is a Tesla guinea pig, they’re absolutely everywhere.

Tesla might be a new volume manufacturer, but they’ve been making arguably the market leading EV for nearly 10 years now since the first Model S cars back in 2012.

They’re not perfect, what car is, and the Supercharger network does genuinely make the car much easier for long distances, especially for Europe trips.

The ride on our M3 LR is quite frankly poor, it was clearly designed for better roads than here in the UK. In most respects it does exactly the same job and is no better or worse than our other EV, a VW ID.3, at going about your daily business.

EVs are here to stay, but those reluctant to accept that can still buy something new with a petrol engine in it until at least 2035, and you will be able to buy used ones for most peoples lifetimes on here.

I think though that as things develop further, people will be willingly making the change, as many have.

Tesla have definitely ‘disrupted’ the market, you can now buy many cars online from the manufacturer without all the nonsense that has been mentioned. Servicing regimes are very different, and although the price of entry for many EVs is still high and waiting lists are long, the dramatic uptake of EVs by company car drivers is also good news as they’re the cars that will be available used a couple of years down the line.

I get why some are sceptical, and that’s fine, for now we have a choice, and will do for a couple of decades yet so nobody needs to panic.

Master
    Nice to see the tide slowly turning - even on a forum such as this. Whenever something new is introduced.. skepticism rules. One day electric cars will be the norm, and revolutionary changes are accepted.. just like in watches, the internet, and many disruptive ideas we are seeing now that appear utterly pointless and ridiculous.

Sent from my EVR-L29 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by gilford View Post
    Also, for a car that does 0-60 faster than a Lamborghini the seats are awful, reminds me of my wife’s old Renault Clio 15 years ago, you go round a corner at speed and the passenger is sat on your lap!

Ding Dong!

M
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Tesla Info Thread.

Tesla are good, but expensive for todays EV market.

I bought MG ZS Long Range with lots of tech for 15 grand less than a Model 3!

7 years or 80,000 miles warranty too. 8 years on the battery.
    Last edited by Toshk; 13th February 2022 at 21:01.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post

Ding Dong!

M
    Just soiled myself, fecking priceless.

Good work son

Pitch

FWIW, I adore my M3P. I have got past the phenomenal acceleration phase, and just love the whole package. I wouldn’t go back to any ICE car now. For long journeys, the supercharger network works seamlessly, and gives Tesla a massive advantage over the rest of the market.

It’s the future

Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Going to go out on a limb here and say the Model Y is a flop.

I was at Bluewater this week and charging I had a look at all the Model Ys parked and being collected. Only three collected when I was there and more Model 3s parked waiting to be collected than the Y. Looks cooler and has a better boot by miles but it is not £12k better.

Maybe on a car scheme it won’t be a big difference but I couldn’t do it. Happy to lose my £100 and stick with the 3 for now.

Blog Entries
    Not seen one in the flesh but the pics make it look uglier than the 3 and that’s saying something.

Pitch

Quote Originally Posted by helidoc View Post
    FWIW, I adore my M3P. I have got past the phenomenal acceleration phase, and just love the whole package. I wouldn’t go back to any ICE car now. For long journeys, the supercharger network works seamlessly, and gives Tesla a massive advantage over the rest of the market.

It’s the future

Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I completely agree - it’s not the range (which is great, but not uniquely so) or the performance etc (ditto) but the seamless, fast and reliable supercharger network that makes the Tesla special.

It’s hard to put into words the frustration we experienced wrestling with non-Tesla charging systems with our previous EV. It was truly desperate - a mish-mash of a multitude of different companies/organisations etc, mostly expecting you to load credit onto a physical card (“should be delivered to you within a fortnight sir”) On one trip (admittedly in the relatively under-populated South-West) the solitary chargers in three successive towns we visited on one increasingly anxious trip were all non-functioning, in the distant corners of car parks, and had unresponsive or out of order help-line numbers!

Best wishes,
    Martyn.

Yep, hardly ever use the supercharger network but used it once on Wednesday and once again today. Would have been very annoying without.

It's very reassuring having the network there even though they're nowhere near my house.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Yep, hardly ever use the supercharger network but used it once on Wednesday and once again today. Would have been very annoying without.

It's very reassuring having the network there even though they're nowhere near my house.
    But you don’t need them near your home, it’s when you’re away from home that they are so useful!

Blog Entries
    Left Lowestoft with 90% at 6:45 this morning over to Norwich for a breakfast bash then on to Cambridge stopping at Elveden on the way. Quick pee then on my way with 70%. Left Cambridge late afternoon back via Bury St Ed’s and home with 24%.

The comfort to know SC would work and be quick just makes the whole EV experience relaxing.

Pitch

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitch3110 View Post
    Left Lowestoft with 90% at 6:45 this morning over to Norwich for a breakfast bash then on to Cambridge stopping at Elveden on the way. Quick pee then on my way with 70%. Left Cambridge late afternoon back via Bury St Ed’s and home with 24%.

The comfort to know SC would work and be quick just makes the whole EV experience relaxing.

Pitch
    Sounds like a much more fun day than me!

anyone had a car delivered recently? Are there still issues with missing USBs etc?

Anyone used one of these chargers before?

It flashes blue when empty, solid blue when a plug is attached and solid green when both ends are connected and it’s charging. I can only get it to solid blue and a message on the car which reads -ready to charge-.

Tried five chargers yesterday and none worked. Same again today but as I was leaving I saw a Model S plugged in charging!

You will probably need to register with the supplying company to activate the charge.

Blog Entries
    The latest update seems to be corrupting SSD's (which us older motor drivers have).

Whipped mine out this morning, erased, reformatted and up and running again. The regen update on AP has made sitting in traffic even more relaxing and smooth.

Pitch

My M3P has Autopilot but no self drive, will it park itself as I can’t for the life of me find a setting?

You will probably need to register with the supplying company to activate the charge.
    Faculties are looking into it. Called the manufacturer and they said it should just work, no registration needed.

Re self park that’s part of the Enhanced Autopilot for £3.4k.

Blog Entries
    My M3P has Autopilot but no self drive, will it park itself as I can’t for the life of me find a setting?
    No SP without FSD. SOZ

PITCH

Another price rise for the Model 3?

How often does this come up on your cars? Mine is down the road charging so can’t see it but surprised it’s hit 40 degrees when it’s currently 17 outside.

Master
    Had that a lot last few days, notification saying that cabin overheat protection is enabled or something along those lines. No idea what it means but assume it means the air comes on !

How often does this come up on your cars? Mine is down the road charging so can’t see it but surprised it’s hit 40 degrees when it’s currently 17 outside.
    Mine does seem to get very hot too. I put it down to the panoramic roof and have just ordered the covers for it so will see if they help.

Mine is a Model S but I can't turn cabin overheat protection on as it interferes with something else - possibly the alarm, but might try again this summer as venting the roof seems to make minimal difference (assuming the blinds aren't a huge help).

Tesla Info Thread.

Anyone bought the glass roof sunshades?

https://shop.tesla.com/en_gb/product...-roof-sunshade

Tempting to stop the overheating protection but do these actually work?

From memory the Chinese made cars have tinted glass on the roof but the earlier ones don’t so must be much worse?
    Last edited by wileeeeeey; 11th April 2022 at 15:22.

Anyone bought the glass roof sunshades?

https://shop.tesla.com/en_gb/product...-roof-sunshade

Tempting to stop the overheating protection but does these actually work?

From memory the Chinese made cars have tinted glass on the roof but the earlier ones don’t so must be much worse?
    I bought them for my Tesla S, but so far haven't used them. They seem to just fit (spring out) into the surround of the roof so not sure how will fare if you open the window.

Will give them a go the next few days as it gets warmer and let you know but the car was really hot last summer so I shoud know pretty quickly if they work well enough or not.

Also got my VED reminder at the weekend - a bit odd that you have to still tax it at zero rate, but I guess that is for when they are no longer zero - still a nicer experience than taxing the RS4 !

Anyone else view the driver's flootmats as a farking pain in the rear? The flap on the left where you rest your left foot keeps folding over.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    All cars have to be taxed, whether you pay or not is irrelevant it still needs to be taxed.

Quote Originally Posted by MB2 View Post
    Also got my VED reminder at the weekend - a bit odd that you have to still tax it at zero rate, but I guess that is for when they are no longer zero - still a nicer experience than taxing the RS4 !
    Cheers,

Ben

..... for I have become the Jedi of flippers

" an extravagance is anything you buy that is of no earthly use to your wife "

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Anyone else view the driver's flootmats as a farking pain in the rear? The flap on the left where you rest your left foot keeps folding over.
    Yep the mats are awful. Ours seems to be curling in places and already a big divot where my heel goes which I think was there after only 1k miles.

What are you guys doing with your feet?!

Master
    Great thread with lots of positive feedback, Im looking to take advantage of the buy through work scheme and lease via the electric car company with the money being taken at source its a no brainer.

I tend to take the dog and the kids football at weekends so Im thinking of the model Y for the additional space and lugging things about - keen to hear any users experience

If you have a dog I would go for the Y. Same price as the LR 3 I think.

Model 3 is meant to drive better but the boot on the Y is a no brainer with a dog.

Craftsman
    I absolutely love my Model 3 LR 6 months in. Had trips in the winter through snow and sub-zero conditions, plenty of trips with better weather, right down to the daily school run - has dealt with it all beautifully. Charging has been a doddle - has great range for my needs.

I have two young kids so size-wise it's spot on, however have seen a few Model Ys popping up recently and would go for one of those or a used X possibly next time around when kids are older (plus hoping to get a dog in a couple of years). So much storage in boot I've not even had to use the frunk yet and often forget it's there!

Sent from my LE2123 using Tapatalk

So I have been offered the chance to order a new company car. We have now moved our fleet to full electric or a limited choice of Hybrid.

So apart from looking at some of the usual guys, Audi, BMW, Volvo etc it is coming down to Tesla. I just like that there are different and I like what they are doing in constantly improving. Plus it feels that because they have only been full electric they understand the pros and cons better and therefore have a better set up.

So my choice is a Model Y LR AWD or a Model 3 SR (not sure why LR isn’t an option for me!)

Both will be at standard trim but I might go for the white seats to add to that breaking the mould.

We are a family 4 and like camping a couple of times a year. Not sure if either of these cars can take a roof rack especially with the glass roof!

Any advice or insights gratefully received.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by paw3001 View Post
    So I have been offered the chance to order a new company car. We have now moved our fleet to full electric or a limited choice of Hybrid.

So apart from looking at some of the usual guys, Audi, BMW, Volvo etc it is coming down to Tesla. I just like that there are different and I like what they are doing in constantly improving. Plus it feels that because they have only been full electric they understand the pros and cons better and therefore have a better set up.

So my choice is a Model Y LR AWD or a Model 3 SR (not sure why LR isn’t an option for me!)

Both will be at standard trim but I might go for the white seats to add to that breaking the mould.

We are a family 4 and like camping a couple of times a year. Not sure if either of these cars can take a roof rack especially with the glass roof!

Any advice or insights gratefully received.
    Roof rack - can certainly get them for the Model 3, so I'm sure they'd also be available for the Y.

White seats with kids... I avoided that!

Sent from my LE2123 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by paw3001 View Post

and I like what they are doing in constantly improving.

I wouldn’t say that, I’ve had my M3 Performance for 16 months now and after loads of updates the auto wipers and lights still don’t won’t well!

Model 3 LR is getting discontinued so will just be Model 3 or Model 3 Performance so I think that's maybe why it isn't an option for you

If you don't need the space I'd get the Model 3 as apparently its a nicer drive - I have a model 3 but have never driven the Y so I'm basing this assetion on what I've read not first hand experience. I don't regret getting mine for a minute and compared to the RR Velar HSE I had before the Model 3 is a much more refined ride in terms of smoothness and feeling refreshed. They are also much bigger inside than they appear from the outside.

Master
    Went to try a Model Y, it had the regular wheels and it felt too bouncy, quite weird actually. Reading the reviews I had expected it to be firm, but it wasn't...maybe the bigger wheels would be firm and less bouncy. I don't think they have got it quite right as it was not designed as a Model Y, rather a 3 and just stretched ! The Model 3 is a much better drive VS. the Y I tested. For us, it is practical enough but the space of the Y would have been appealing.

Didn't know the LR Model 3 was being discontinued, perhaps becuse the standard range is improving / has improved?

If charging is complete how is there still energy going in?

Master
    It is going to make a loud bang noise?

Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    It is going to make a loud bang noise?
    Scared of the overcharge fees, moved it after five mins

Master
    Scared of the overcharge fees, moved it after five mins
    Probably sensible, but very strange behaviour carrying on.

If charging is complete how is there still energy going in?
    Maybe you were using a slow charger and it was at 99.5% not quite 100%

Master
    How did you know charge was still going in?

Maybe it was complete but it will start to de-charge if charge doesn’t carry on going in. For example to power the screen. Hence it keeps sending a small amount of charge to keep it at 100%?

Super happy with this. In April I've added 130 kw/h for a range of 560 miles and paid the princely sum of £12.59 which I calculate as 2.2 pence per mile.
    Last edited by ryanb741; 15th April 2022 at 23:22.

Charge kept fluctuating between 32-35 mph and 6-7kW.

It said charge completed then went back to charging and then completed again. Thought it was 99.x% too but didn’t really want to pay the supercharger idle fees.

Quote Originally Posted by MB2 View Post
    I bought them for my Tesla S, but so far haven't used them. They seem to just fit (spring out) into the surround of the roof so not sure how will fare if you open the window.

Will give them a go the next few days as it gets warmer and let you know but the car was really hot last summer so I shoud know pretty quickly if they work well enough or not.
    Having left the car parked on Friday for several hours I would say they work better than expected. Forgot to check cabin temp today vi's the app will try tomorrow or when it is at work but they seem to be doing their job as used to be scorching in the car when was a bit sunny.

They fit nicely too in the roof lining so a little away from the glass roof.

So far, so good I would say

If anyone has a new-ish Tesla with a black cable the service centre will swap it for a blue cable. The black cable has issues and can’t charge everywhere (which is why I can’t charge at work) and they’ve gone back to supplying the blue cable with new cars again.

You’ll need to raise an issue in the app or by phone first. They can either come out to you or you can do the swap in a service centre.