closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Tesla Info Thread.

Thanks chaps. Appreciate there are lots of variables, but out the box 395 vs 330 odd seems a big adjustment.

How does the car know it is 2 degrees and that I’m going to tear around at 90mph?

I would have expected 395 miles on the screen but to get a very different figure once actually driven. To start in the 330s was a big surprise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by boris9 View Post
    Thanks chaps. Appreciate there are lots of variables, but out the box 395 vs 330 odd seems a big adjustment.

How does the car know it is 2 degrees and that I’m going to tear around at 90mph?

I would have expected 395 miles on the screen but to get a very different figure once actually driven. To start in the 330s was a big surprise.

The car is going off your previous driving, not guessing your future driving. The figure is just an estimate and more often than not, an overestimate.

Master
    Question for owners out there regarding stated range….

When you charge to 100%, what figure do you get in car? Do you get stated range or something different?

My car has a stated range of 395 miles. When charged to 100%, my car indicates 333 miles.

Whilst I understand that 395 is unlikely in the real world, my belief is that on 100% charge it should read the stated range and then over the course of a journey the real world adjusts.

Is my understanding correct, or have I got it wrong?

Tesla do it slightly different to other manufacturers, by default in the U.K. it displays the official WLTP tested range at 100%, or any percentage thereof.

The lower figure is the EPA figure, generally more realistic, which you can switch to the default display via the Tesla App.

Other manufacturers do ‘on the fly’ range calculations based on recent and overall long term consumption, and results vary, just like ICE official mpg figures va real world ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    The car is going off your previous driving, not guessing your future driving. The figure is just an estimate and more often than not, an overestimate.
    That’s what doesn’t add up - when the car was brand new it was showing 161 miles on 51% at the point of delivery. No previous driving analysis to work from.

Quote Originally Posted by Tooks View Post
    Tesla do it slightly different to other manufacturers, by default in the U.K. it displays the official WLTP tested range at 100%, or any percentage thereof.

The lower figure is the EPA figure, generally more realistic, which you can switch to the default display via the Tesla App.

Other manufacturers do ‘on the fly’ range calculations based on recent and overall long term consumption, and results vary, just like ICE official mpg figures va real world ones.
    On this logic, at 100% charge I should see 395 on the car’s display - is that correct?

From there, if I drive like a loon or the weather is atrocious it makes adjustment to the range in real time?

Master
    On this logic, at 100% charge I should see 395 on the car’s display - is that correct?

From there, if I drive like a loon or the weather is atrocious it makes adjustment to the range in real time?

If it’s set to WLTP range yes, which is a more optimistic number than the EPA one.

I pressed the battery on the screen and switched it to display percentage, and left it there, I then use the consumption app available from the bottom menu bar to show realtime consumption and range remaining.

The number of miles the car shows on the screen is irrelevant to how many it does anyway. If you spent all day driving around Central London you'd get 600 miles out of it. If you hooned it down the motorway at 85MPH more like 200 miles.

It really is a bit irrelevant - the car will adjust as you drive to show the true range left but again if that is based on the last 2 hours driving on B roads and then you smack it down the M3 then the range at the point of entry onto the M3 will be proven retrospectively to be wrong.

Craftsman
    Having a few issues with my 71 plate Model 3 LR recently - wondering if anyone else experiencing similar?

1. Regular message (several times a day) to say Sentry mode is turned off due to a system error
    2. The cameras are often blacking out i.e when reversing or when trying to use blindspots cameras they engage and it's like they are covered by something (but they are not). Eventually they sometimes start working, odd
    3. Sentry is set to turn off at my home location, but the location accuracy seems to have gone away just a small bit in recent weeks. Never had a problem with it recognizing me as being at home before, but now shows me a few houses away, with knock-on effect that sentry stays on (which may be causing point 1.)
    4. Speakers/sound system - today I tried to listen to Spotify and the radio and the speakers were crackly and coming and going, plus only the front ones seemed to be producing any sound

Have had no issues with the car in over 2 years but I suspect these issues might have been caused by the very low (for my area) temperatures recently. Anybody else seen these?

I've booked in for a service so will let you know how that goes.

Sent from my Pixel 8 using Tapatalk