closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Google maps - streetview help required.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries

Google maps - streetview help required.

For some strange reason im no longer abe to get street view on google maps on my ipad, no problem on my iphone, just not on my ipad.

Both devices have up to date software.

Previously i would drop a pin on the map and street view thumbnail would appear on the bottom left of the screen, easy. This happens on my phone but no longer on the ipad.

Any idea as to whats going on?
    Cheers,

Ben

..... for I have become the Jedi of flippers

" an extravagance is anything you buy that is of no earthly use to your wife "

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Well i never had myself down as a techie kind of guy, but found the problem.

I use my ipad in landscape on a Bluetooth keyboard, if hold the ipad in portrait orientation the street view view box appears, turn it back into landscape and it disappears again.

So lesson learnt, if I want street view I have to hold my ipad vertically.
    Cheers,

Ben

..... for I have become the Jedi of flippers

" an extravagance is anything you buy that is of no earthly use to your wife "

^^^^ This. I found exactly the same thing yesterday

I found something different. Sidebar with your name etc. if you minimize by hitting the X. A small pair of binoculars appear at the side

Click on it and then just touch where you want to see. Small inser window opens which you can expand

You can also move the map and binoculars will follow the way your moving

DON

Quote Originally Posted by DONGinsler View Post
    I found something different. Sidebar with your name etc. if you minimize by hitting the X. A small pair of binoculars appear at the side

Click on it and then just touch where you want to see. Small inser window opens which you can expand

You can also move the map and binoculars will follow the way your moving

DON
    I found same as OP in the last month or so, but occasionally the ‘360’ would appear. But his workaround is about the only one mentioned - in the search I did last night.

but - can you explain in a bit more detail what sidebar in what screen you are talking about - above (and what ‘x’)

cheers.

I usually use Google maps to get familiar with an area before travel. I have recently found scrolling through the road, it just stops and you find yourself in some cul de sac.

I will be visiting London and park at Westfield but somehow miss the turn off on A40 end up going some long winded route’s , rather than virtually driving straight into the car park from the A40.

I thought I would ‘walk’ the route through maps and there is a Shard like building which I think is the one to turn off and follow. But Google maps keeps me behind a van, unable to pass. Very strange.

Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post
    I found same as OP in the last month or so, but occasionally the ‘360’ would appear. But his workaround is about the only one mentioned - in the search I did last night.

but - can you explain in a bit more detail what sidebar in what screen you are talking about - above (and what ‘x’)

cheers.
    I didn't try with the phone, but not on my PC. This might be that you can use the mouse to drop the little guy and place pins which is more difficult on the ipad or phone?

Heres the side bar and I just noticed this yesterday.

Side bar minimized (click on X beside name to minimize) and you can see the binoculars beside it

Click on binoculars

Any direction you move the map. Binoculars will follow. You can also manipulate the inset and move around. Also enlarge when needed

Update for iphone

No pics

Upper right direction arrow. Map type image above arrow. Click and choose map

Binoculars in bottom left corner. Move around or move map and touch screen to move binoculars over to location
    Last edited by DONGinsler; 23rd January 2024 at 16:05.