closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Tesla Info Thread.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    ^^^^^save your self £15k and buy a stroller when the baby gets to 6 months.

We ditched a large pram/buggy as soon as we could as they are totally impractical for getting on and off London transport for example.

Roof box will get you over the 6 month hump.

This is excellent advice and this is also the exact stroller we got when the time was right

Sent from my LE2123 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jon8oy View Post
    This is excellent advice and this is also the exact stroller we got when the time was right

Sent from my LE2123 using Tapatalk
    I think he is looking for any excuse to spaff £15k on a new car upgrade

Craftsman
    We have a model 3 and a 2011 bmw 3 series estate. There’s not that much difference in storage space to be honest. We’ve got 2 kids (4 & 7) and use the Tesla for the majority of trips. Anything longer than a couple of nights though and we take the BMW…but only because we have the roof box and bars for that. We could get by without the BM though. We’d just buy the bars and box for the Tesla

Tesla Info Thread.

My daughter is looking to change her MG ZS EV because she hasn’t enough room for our grandson and all his paraphernalia. Well she has, but only just.

She’s looking at the Skoda Enyaq which has a huge amount of space.

So unless you’re desperate for a Tesla, there are plenty of other options out there.

Mercedes are also currently doing some great deals on the EQC

Tesla Info Thread.

Interesting feedback, thanks. Had a look at the ECQ as previously had a GLC and it was definitely a nicer cabin than the Model 3 but 254 mile range and not purpose built as an EV puts me off. I like Skoda but my wife is a badge snob sadly otherwise we would have had a Kodiaq instead of the Model 3.

Tesla are offering 24 hour test drives on the Model Y so I might do that and take it to test drive a 5 series estate and see if it’s that much better. Father in law has a 7 seat XC90 which fits anything but driving it on narrow London streets isn’t ideal and he uses the mother in laws Karoq when he can.

I didnt know all this stuff was only for the first six months so maybe it isn’t such a big deal really.
    Last edited by wileeeeeey; 16th October 2023 at 14:42.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post

I didnt know all this stuff was only for the first six months so maybe it isn’t such a big deal really.
    It never gets less, they just carry different stuff, ask me how I know.......
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    It never gets less, they just carry different stuff, ask me how I know.......
    Haha, we don’t have kids, but that’s the experience I’ve seen with our friends!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    My daughter is looking to change her MG ZS EV because she hasn’t enough room for our grandson and all his paraphernalia. Well she has, but only just.

She’s looking at the Skoda Enyaq which has a huge amount of space.

So unless you’re desperate for a Tesla, there are plenty of other options out there.

Mercedes are also currently doing some great deals on the EQC
    Where are these deals on the EQC? Please share.

It’s obscenely expensive every time I’ve looked.

Go into the MB website, there’s around £8,700 off list and four years interest free credit. Monthly cost under £530

We’ve managed with a model 3 as the main family vehicle with 3 kids under 5. Used it for holidays and been fine. As others have said you’ll ditch the “travel system” and get a buggy after a few months anyway- it seems to be the norm…

Master
    Managed with a Mini Cooper and roof box for a year. I’m sure you’ll manage with the 3 unless you simply have money to burn. The more space you have the more shit you’ll carry about.

Quote Originally Posted by l6sev View Post
    We’ve managed with a model 3 as the main family vehicle with 3 kids under 5. Used it for holidays and been fine. As others have said you’ll ditch the “travel system” and get a buggy after a few months anyway- it seems to be the norm…
    How did you get the three car seats in?
    I found the rear side bolsters wouldn’t allow for three seats accross the back.

The model 3 went and we have a Model Y arriving on Thursday!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Go into the MB website, there’s around £8,700 off list and four years interest free credit. Monthly cost under £530
    Just had a look.
    £530 a month with a 11.3k deposit over 4 years. 0% finance as you say. The car is 65k.

This spec has no memory seats and no pan roof and no 360 camera.

Ridiculously expensive IMO for what you are getting vs a Tesla Model Y for example, which also has a longer range even in base spec at 43k.

Was interested to see what the deal was as like the thought of going for one of these or similar one day but the prices just make no sense at all.

Master

We ditched a large pram/buggy as soon as we could as they are totally impractical for getting on and off London transport for example.

After 6 months anything fairly comfortable that allows a baby to recline will do.

I’d recommend a city mini stroller over something like that to be fair but the general point is a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by Gullers View Post
    How did you get the three car seats in?
    I found the rear side bolsters wouldn’t allow for three seats accross the back.

The model 3 went and we have a Model Y arriving on Thursday!

We got a multimac- a one piece 3 seater car seat that fits in loads of normal sized cars

Quote Originally Posted by l6sev View Post
    We got a multimac- a one piece 3 seater car seat that fits in loads of normal sized cars
    Good shout. I clearly should have thought of that as I had one in my 3 series prior to getting the Model 3!

Quote Originally Posted by Boss13 View Post
    Just had a look.
    £530 a month with a 11.3k deposit over 4 years. 0% finance as you say. The car is 65k.

This spec has no memory seats and no pan roof and no 360 camera.

Ridiculously expensive IMO for what you are getting vs a Tesla Model Y for example, which also has a longer range even in base spec at 43k.

Was interested to see what the deal was as like the thought of going for one of these or similar one day but the prices just make no sense at all.
    Our GLC has non of those, it has electrically adjustable seats (except fore and aft) and a reversing camera though.

I suppose you don’t miss what you’ve never had.

Master
    Our GLC has non of those, it has electrically adjustable seats (except fore and aft) and a reversing camera though.

I suppose you don’t miss what you’ve never had.
    That is true, those items are maybe not needed unless you are used to them. From our side we need the memory as the seats are usually hard to get spot on when someone else drives the car.

I guess my point was to say at £65k I don't feel it is good value at all and not a good deal. The official range is 255 miles. The ones with all the features, which have the larger discount are an even more obscene price - £82k!!!!! WTF!!!! But is is OK, they are giving a £9.6k discount, so the price is now £72.3k. The range is 252 miles! I have a feeling they are struggling to shift them and there is a new EQE SUV arriving now which looks great, but again very very expensive. I do wonder who is buying these cars, unless there are some secret amazing lease deals which I haven't seen.

As I said earlier, I am not anti Mercedes, in fact they are my favourite brand and we still have two others in the family, albeit Diesel. But for electric it just did not make sense, vs a RWD model Y which you can get new for around £43-45k depending on spec.

Tesla Info Thread.

I can’t disagree with any of what you say and we saw the EQE SUV last week. My wife was blown away with the interior.

The range of the new EQA has improved considerably so I would expect the same from the new EQC which must be due soon too.

If range isn’t a major factor (and let’s face it, for most of us most of the time, it isn’t) at £65k and interest free credit, the Merc is actually cheaper than the top specced Skodas or even a Volvo C40 when interest charges are taken into account.

I’ve just looked at the Tesla Y deals and they are currently probably the best out there at the moment with the low rate finance; the new 3 is quite a bit more.

Only had one Mercedes which was a GLC but the seats were the nicest we’ve had in any car.

The new basic Model 3 coming in Jan is WLTP rated to 344 miles (318 miles with 19 inch wheels) and the long range going up to 421 miles. I don’t see how 254 miles from Mercedes is going to cut it mentally for most people even if it’s only a perceived issue.

The new Model 3 Highlander can be ordered for delivery in Jan and is less than £40k which is cheaper than the outgoing model.

Only had one Mercedes which was a GLC but the seats were the nicest we’ve had in any car.

The new basic Model 3 coming in Jan is WLTP rated to 344 miles (318 miles with 19 inch wheels) and the long range going up to 421 miles. I don’t see how 254 miles from Mercedes is going to cut it mentally for most people even if it’s only a perceived issue.
    The EQC is old tech now, many new EVs are coming out with substantially larger ranges and I’m sure the replacement will have a better range too.

Range fixation is going to make a lot of current EVs very attractive second hand purchases in the coming months/ years as well as decent new deals now.

The new model 3 is a cheap cash buy but at 9.8% APR, the monthly cost will look a little steep. The Y is where the value is at the moment with a 2.9% APR. The next Y will no doubt have a greater range and true cost to match.

The new model 3 is a cheap cash buy but at 9.8% APR, the monthly cost will look a little steep. The Y is where the value is at the moment with a 2.9% APR. The next Y will no doubt have a greater range and true cost to match.
    I’m going to check what the lowest amount of credit I can take is to see if it’s worth financing for the security of a guaranteed future minimum value. We paid cash for the Model 3 and would pay cash again for the Model Y if we go for it but if we can do something silly like £50pm it could be worth it.

The new Model 3 looks good with the upgrades. Better sound proofing and vented seats are two I’d want but the indicator being buttons on the steering wheel looks very annoying when exiting a roundabout. Could be worth waiting for that if it comes with a similar range increase.

Master
    I’m going to check what the lowest amount of credit I can take is to see if it’s worth financing for the security of a guaranteed future minimum value. We paid cash for the Model 3 and would pay cash again for the Model Y if we go for it but if we can do something silly like £50pm it could be worth it.

The new Model 3 looks good with the upgrades. Better sound proofing and vented seats are two I’d want but the indicator being buttons on the steering wheel looks very annoying when exiting a roundabout. Could be worth waiting for that if it comes with a similar range increase.
    Vented seats are always something I’d have wanted if I had the choice. Wonder if Tesla did it to stop them melting & they can turn themselves on when required!

Good idea on the future value guarantee, hope it works out for you.

I don’t think they’ll let you pay less and leave a higher final payment (guaranteed future value) as the car is likely to be worth less than the outstanding finance and the finance company will then be in a loss situation.

Something similar happened with early Leafs and once bitten, twice shy. You can be pretty sure that the MGFV will be less than the actual value of the vehicle.

Mercedes EQC dirt cheap secondhand

Quote Originally Posted by langdalematt View Post
    Mercedes EQC dirt cheap secondhand
    Getting down to around £30k now; the ipace is even cheaper though.

After 6 months anything fairly comfortable that allows a baby to recline will do.

^^^ This is excellent advice

We went through 3 prams/buggies starting with the big wiz bang do everything one and ended up using a McLaren buggy - light, easy and didn’t take up much space. For our second child, it was pretty much straight to the McLaren.

Quote Originally Posted by paw3001 View Post
    ^^^ This is excellent advice

We went through 3 prams/buggies starting with the big wiz bang do everything one and ended up using a McLaren buggy - light, easy and didn’t take up much space. For our second child, it was pretty much straight to the McLaren.
    Same with is. For our first we had a travel system, our second a MacLaren from birth buggy. It was so much easier to push around and carry in the car.

Have we somehow jumped into mumsnet here?

If you can’t get three seats in the back, the discussion should be along the lines of how do I tell the wife that one of the kids has to go?

Thanks again guys, all a fear over nothing then or just for 6 months. Might look into a roof box just in case but probably just start loading the drivers side footwell and use the frunk a bit more.

Master
    Thanks again guys, all a fear over nothing then or just for 6 months. Might look into a roof box just in case but probably just start loading the drivers side footwell and use the frunk a bit more.
    What a boring outcome mate!

Quote Originally Posted by Boss13 View Post
    What a boring outcome mate!
    Boring but £1k in rack and box vs £15k on the Model Y!

Probably end up with neither but I’ve just signed up for a stock alert on the roof bars. Sold out so people must be buying them. Apparently mounting the box backwards is slightly better for range.

Boring but £1k in rack and box vs £15k on the Model Y!

Probably end up with neither but I’ve just signed up for a stock alert on the roof bars. Sold out so people must be buying them. Apparently mounting the box backwards is slightly better for range.
    Roof box - that's a '1 foot in the grave' accessory.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    Roof box - that's a '1 foot in the grave' accessory.
    Or both feet in Costco!

Craftsman
    Getting down to around £30k now; the ipace is even cheaper though.
    Biased as I have an iPace but it’s a brilliant car, even more so for the money they can been picked up for today.

Range not as good as a lot of the younger rivals (220 real time average) but it’s quick (0:60=4.5sec) and practical, biggest boot behind the Model Y I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back to looking at the Model Y again. There is a £3k deposit contribution and £250 referral.

If we want the £3k deposit contribution we have to take delivery by 31/12 but that means white seats.

Anyone here have the white seats? Spotless or stained after a year or two? How do they cope with dark jeans?

Blog Entries
    Back to looking at the Model Y again. There is a £3k deposit contribution and £250 referral.

If we want the £3k deposit contribution we have to take delivery by 31/12 but that means white seats.

Anyone here have the white seats? Spotless or stained after a year or two? How do they cope with dark jeans?
    Lived with white seats in my M3P for over three years and they are a dream. Lifts the interior IMO and cleaning is so easy, just kept a pack of water based wipes in the boot, that is all you will need.

Pitch

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitch3110 View Post
    Lived with white seats in my M3P for over three years and they are a dream. Lifts the interior IMO and cleaning is so easy, just kept a pack of water based wipes in the boot, that is all you will need.

Pitch
    So very different to bmw oyster then, which are a total nightmare for denim!

Nav update on the Tesla now shows speed cameras. Nice!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    So very different to bmw oyster then, which are a total nightmare for denim!
    In and out a lot with new and donkeys old Hiut raws with no issues whatsoever. Remember, no leather in Teslas.

Trust all is good buddy

Pitch x

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Nav update on the Tesla now shows speed cameras. Nice!
    I am bombing around in Mrs P’s BMW and said to her today I can’t wait to get back into a Tesla. Little pick ups like this just make them even more appealing

I am really feeling a P100D Model S shouting at me.

Pitch

Quote Originally Posted by Pitch3110 View Post

Pitch
    Cheers pitch. May plonk for it tomorrow.

The one we would get is in Staines. Asked the guy in Tottenham how soon they could get it to the showroom if we bought it. Remembered it was Tesla when he told me I’d have to go to Staines and get it myself.

Hopefully the white calms the internal temp in summer.

Blog Entries
    Cheers pitch. May plonk for it tomorrow.

The one we would get is in Staines. Asked the guy in Tottenham how soon they could get it to the showroom if we bought it. Remembered it was Tesla when he told me I’d have to go to Staines and get it myself.

Hopefully the white calms the internal temp in summer.
    I put privacy film on the back windows and with the white I never had any issues in sunny Suffolk.

Hope all goes well. Enjoy.

Pitch

Tesla Info Thread.

Change of heart re new last night as found a good deal on a used Model Y semi-locally.

Have to use the credit card key until i get the V5 back as the guy lost access to his email so no preheating from the app for a few weeks.

Will pop the Model 3 on SC in a day or two. I have the joyous task right now of catching a bus and a train to go back and get the old one so I can get it cleaned in the morning.
    Last edited by wileeeeeey; 23rd December 2023 at 21:38.

Master
    Tesla lowers range estimates as U.S. regulators tighten vehicle-test rules https://www.reuters.com/business/aut...es-2024-01-09/

Hmm..

Tesla Info Thread.

Question for owners out there regarding stated range….

When you charge to 100%, what figure do you get in car? Do you get stated range or something different?

My car has a stated range of 395 miles. When charged to 100%, my car indicates 333 miles.

Whilst I understand that 395 is unlikely in the real world, my belief is that on 100% charge it should read the stated range and then over the course of a journey the real world adjusts.

Is my understanding correct, or have I got it wrong?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by joe narvey View Post
    Tesla lowers range estimates as U.S. regulators tighten vehicle-test rules https://www.reuters.com/business/aut...es-2024-01-09/

Hmm..
    A car manufacturer overstating a model’s efficiency, well that’s a new one never heard of before. 🙄🙄🙄

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by boris9 View Post

When you charge to 100%, what figure do you get in car? Do you get stated range or something different?

My car has a stated range of 395 miles. When charged to 100%, my car indicates 333 miles.

Whilst I understand that 395 is unlikely in the real world, my belief is that on 100% charge it should read the stated range and then over the course of a journey the real world adjusts.

I believe the car learns your driving habits and terrain and adjusts accordingly. The outside temperature plays a huge part as with any car.

Mine when new struggled to show full capacity.

Pitch

Master

Tesla Info Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by boris9 View Post

I find it depends on the speed of charging. When I use the comedy 2kw charger I get more range than when when I use a 150kw charger.
    Last edited by joe narvey; 9th January 2024 at 20:11.