closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Something nice to take away...

Blog Entries

Something nice to take away...

I don't remember which rabbit hole led me to watch this video. It's pretty inane I suppose really, but around halfway through there's one of those moments that stand out. I think I like Danny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMfwzD1avjE
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Master
    Seen a few of his video's.The man can eat!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Toad monitor View Post
    Seen a few of his video's.The man can eat!
    It’s the only one I’ve seen but I like his attitude to people on it. The guy is obviously worse off than him and probably has some issues but he gives him food without hesitation, and later calls him 'his friend'.
    Last edited by oldoakknives; 4th December 2021 at 14:30.

Blog Entries
    I don't want to rain on this thread's parade and it's off topic.

But that guy looks really unhealthy. 'Obesitas' is all over my screen. Something I noticed when on Lanzarote: lots of heavily overweight, middle-aged English speaking people eating a full breakfast (or how you call it) with lots of beer around 10AM. I suppose that this diet & lifestyle causes more annual deaths than covid - or at least causes a strain on the NHS!

Menno

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by thieuster View Post
    I don't want to rain on this thread's parade and it's off topic.

But that guy looks really unhealthy. 'Obesitas' is all over my screen. Something I noticed when on Lanzarote: lots of heavily overweight, middle-aged English speaking people eating a full breakfast (or how you call it) with lots of beer around 10AM. I suppose that this diet & lifestyle causes more annual deaths than covid - or at least causes a strain on the NHS!

Menno

But you will anyway. And nice generalisation of the English btw.
    Last edited by oldoakknives; 4th December 2021 at 14:00.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    But you will anyway. And nice generalisation of the English btw.
    The last stats I saw suggested >60% of Brits were overweight and >25% obese so I expect the English to be similar, although Menno referred to English speaking which is different. Far too many people making poor food choices.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by deepreddave View Post
    The last stats I saw suggested >60% of Brits were overweight and >25% obese so I expect the English to be similar, although Menno referred to English speaking which is different. Far too many people making poor food choices.
    Yes. Seems common to many countries apparently. https://www.euro.who.int/__data/asse...ry-Profile.pdf

Anyway, I originally posted the video because I thought the guy showed some kindness to someone obviously worse off than himself, but I suppose his weight and points scoring is more important to some.

Quote Originally Posted by deepreddave View Post
    Think Scotland is the most overweight nation in Europe which will up our stats.

Blog Entries
    Yes. Seems common to many countries apparently. https://www.euro.who.int/__data/asse...ry-Profile.pdf

Anyway, I originally posted the video because I thought the guy showed some kindness to someone obviously worse off than himself, but I suppose his weight and points scoring is more important to some.
    I was not referring to his kindness / his kind character. I will stay away from any comment on that. Perhaps he's a better person than I am! I struck me that he's far too heavy. Shedding (a lot) of kilos will help him stay the kind person he is. Not only now, on this video but for his family and friends in years to come.

M

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by thieuster View Post
    I was not referring to his kindness / his kind character. I will stay away from any comment on that. Perhaps he's a better person than I am! I struck me that he's far too heavy. Shedding (a lot) of kilos will help him stay the kind person he is. Not only now, on this video but for his family and friends in years to come.

M
    I’m sure your post had only the kindest of intentions.

Don't worry, I enjoyed it as I have many of his other videos. I'm always drooling by the finish! I stopped posting repair/restoration videos because some people seem incapable of just watching and enjoying, there has to be critique and "what is being done wrong/could be done better" etc.
    F.T.F.A.