closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 150 of 364

Thread: Replicas

  1. #101
    Quote Originally Posted by dkpw View Post
    Fake watches for fake people. It was ever thus.
    Monocell suprises me by outing himself but these threads are always useful for determining who's on the right side of the line.
    Amazing analogy. I wonder what some peoples analogy of a person who spends 10K on a watch that just tells the time the same as a 100 quid watch does?. The thing is that everyone will have an opinion and to everyone their opinion is the right one.

  2. #102
    Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    2,431
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    You are claiming funding not dealing.

    Doubt many drug dealers will be bothering with watches, Lacoste polos or perfume anyway.
    They get money from fake watches, drugs, sex trafficking and other illegal activities.
    The money they get will go back to fund all the illegal activities to make them grow.

  3. #103
    Master Possu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    3,448
    Quote Originally Posted by stevecross View Post
    Amazing analogy. I wonder what some peoples analogy of a person who spends 10K on a watch that just tells the time the same as a 100 quid watch does?. The thing is that everyone will have an opinion and to everyone their opinion is the right one.
    Counterfeit goods are illegal. Thatís not an opinion. People who knowingly buy them are either ignorant a.k.a. stupid or willingly participate in illegal activities. Thatís not an opinion either. Those facts are enough to put me off anyone having fakes. I donít really care what their motives are because there arenít any acceptable ones.

  4. #104
    Quote Originally Posted by EJL25 View Post
    They get money from fake watches, drugs, sex trafficking and other illegal activities.
    The money they get will go back to fund all the illegal activities to make them grow.
    They probably don't.

  5. #105
    Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    2,431
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    They probably don't.
    Great argument.
    Even you donít seem to stand behind it.

  6. #106
    Quote Originally Posted by Possu View Post
    Counterfeit goods are illegal. Thatís not an opinion. People who knowingly buy them are either ignorant a.k.a. stupid or willingly participate in illegal activities. Thatís not an opinion either. Those facts are enough to put me off anyone having fakes. I donít really care what their motives are because there arenít any acceptable ones.
    Agree that counterfeit goods are illegal as you say but Ignorant or stupid is just your opinion is it not?, some may say that a guy who spends like I have said 10k on a watch may be stupid, again that would be their opinion and not necessarily true . Its a debate and we will all have an opinion, I just do not think you can define a person who buys a fake as some are saying stupid, fake or ignorant, it would be wrong to say all owners of real Rolex watches are posers with more money than sense etc.

  7. #107
    Quote Originally Posted by EJL25 View Post
    Great argument.
    Even you donít seem to stand behind it.
    You asserted that watch fakery funds sex trafficking. For you to prove, not me to disprove.

  8. #108
    Master Possu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    3,448
    Quote Originally Posted by stevecross View Post
    Agree that counterfeit goods are illegal as you say but Ignorant or stupid is just your opinion is it not?, some may say that a guy who spends like I have said 10k on a watch may be stupid, again that would be their opinion and not necessarily true . Its a debate and we will all have an opinion, I just do not think you can define a person who buys a fake as some are saying stupid, fake or ignorant, it would be wrong to say all owners of real Rolex watches are posers with more money than sense etc.
    I donít think itís an opinion. If you donít know that fakes are illegal you are ignorant of the fact, are you not? Letís see what Merriam-Webster says about ignorant:

    Synonyms for ignorant: analphabetic, benighted, dark, illiterate, nonliterate, rude, simple, uneducated, uninstructed, unlearned, unlettered, unread, unschooled, untaught, untutored.

    Close enough to stupid for me to maintain my position.

  9. #109
    Grand Master snowman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Hampshire
    Posts
    13,346
    Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    Interesting story, bro.
    Cut price fiction is the phrase you're looking for.

    M

    Sent from my ASUS_X00PD using Tapatalk
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

  10. #110
    Master Ruggertech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Deepest darkest South Wales.
    Posts
    4,271
    Quote Originally Posted by jdw100 View Post

    He ordered a couple of super-clones to wear out as he is hacked off that he has spend good money on watches that he can't actually wear.
    I need to get this straight. Your mate has spent good money on Rolex's, fair enough. But as he is now too worried to wear them out he has spent good money on 'super-clones' (this sounds like an attempt to make 'expensive fakes' sound acceptable to me, but that's by the by) to wear instead as he can't be seen without a Rolex on his wrist.
    That's even sadder than the guy who desperately wants a Rolex but will never ever afford one and so wears a fake one.


    Sent from my SM-A125F using Tapatalk

  11. #111
    Quote Originally Posted by monogroover View Post
    I note that there have been one or two predictable responses to your question, but of course there will be different motives for different buyers.
    I think the predictability of the responses on a watch forum is hardly surprising and there's certainly more than 'one or two' of them.

    There is an active replica community where people share pics of their acquisitions, much as we do here with real ones, so clearly they aren't trying to fool anyone.
    That doesn't hold any water, talking about them on-line bears no correlation to the public wearing of fake watches.

    Some people just enjoy them as a way to have a close facsimile of a watch they like with exactly the same aesthetics until you get a loupe out, that's decently reliable and accurate, and costs a very small fraction of the price.
    All the above can be achieved without the inclusion of the genuine manufacturer's brand name applied to the watch, otherwise it is clearly counterfeiting which is illegal.

    It's pretty obvious, isn't it?
    I think that my points are the pretty obvious ones.
    R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

  12. #112
    Quote Originally Posted by Possu View Post
    I donít think itís an opinion. If you donít know that fakes are illegal you are ignorant of the fact, are you not? Letís see what Merriam-Webster says about ignorant:

    Synonyms for ignorant: analphabetic, benighted, dark, illiterate, nonliterate, rude, simple, uneducated, uninstructed, unlearned, unlettered, unread, unschooled, untaught, untutored.

    Close enough to stupid for me to maintain my position.
    No problem, we all have an opinion and that's what life is about.

  13. #113
    Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    2,431
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    You asserted that watch fakery funds sex trafficking. For you to prove, not me to disprove.
    https://www.interpol.int/en/Crimes/Organized-crime

  14. #114
    Grand Master Dave+63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    East Sussex
    Posts
    14,093
    Quote Originally Posted by jdw100 View Post
    A friend in London has a number of Rolexes.

    Twice he has someone try to remove them from his wrist.

    Including in a fairly busy bar: a guy tried hard to take the Milguass off him. (Green crystal version).

    He ordered a couple of super-clones to wear out as he is hacked off that he has spend good money on watches that he can't actually wear.

    Personally I like the PP Aquanaut. Chances of me actually being able to buy one....about 0% due to limited supply.

    Wouldn't mind trying a super-clone, see how it looks.

    I have 30+ other watches. Real rolexes, Omega, Rado, Cuervos Y Sobrinos etc etc....

    So its not like I would trying to be someone I'm not.
    Perhaps the third time will be a mugging to get the watch but thatís ok, the mugger will now only get away with a fake.

    Of course, if he were really worried, he would wear a cheap(er), less desirable watch and not leave himself susceptible to the crime in the first place!

  15. #115
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    You asserted that watch fakery funds sex trafficking. For you to prove, not me to disprove.

    The illicit trafficking of counterfeit goods is often linked to other serious crimes. Europol has warned that counterfeiting is an increasingly attractive avenue for organized crime to ďdiversify their product rangeĒ.12

    Evidence suggests that criminal networks use similar routes and modus operandi to move counterfeit goods as they do to smuggle drugs, firearms and people.
    13

    Proceeds from other crimes also feed into the production and dis- tribution of counterfeit goods. There have been reports of authorities uncovering operations where proceeds from drug trafficking were channelled into counterfeiting, and where profits from the sale of counterfeit goods were used to further criminalís other illicit operations.14;15


    The trading of illicit goods for other illicit items is another trend which is seemingly intensifying.16 Whereas in the past, illicit commodities were bought with cash, organized crime groups are increasingly exchanging goods, such as swapping drugs for counterfeit items and vice-versa. By using counterfeit goods as commodities for full or part payment between organized criminal networks, these groups reduce the amount of capital they need to transfer thereby reducing their exposure and risk.

    Meanwhile a survey conducted by the UK IP Crime Group showed that 40 per cent of respondents had worked on cases where counterfeiting was linked to drug crime, while 29 per cent stated that they had found a connection between counterfeiting and overall organized crime.18
    https://www.unodc.org/documents/coun...t_EN_HIRES.pdf

    R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

  16. #116
    Grand Master Raffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    LŽtzebuerg
    Posts
    33,936
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruggertech View Post
    I need to get this straight. Your mate has spent good money on Rolex's, fair enough. But as he is now too worried to wear them out he has spent good money on 'super-clones' (this sounds like an attempt to make 'expensive fakes' sound acceptable to me, but that's by the by) to wear instead as he can't be seen without a Rolex on his wrist.
    That's even sadder than the guy who desperately wants a Rolex but will never ever afford one and so wears a fake one.


    Sent from my SM-A125F using Tapatalk
    I have heard this story so often, sometimes a close friend, sometimes their boss, either they have been mugged in London or New York, it was a Rolex or a Patek, and this would happen again and again and they always think that buying a counterfeit watch is the answer.

    I call BS.
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

  17. #117
    Grand Master learningtofly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Everywhere & nowhere, baby
    Posts
    33,949
    Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    I have heard this story so often, sometimes a close friend, sometimes their boss, either they have been mugged in London or New York, it was a Rolex or a Patek, and this would happen again and again and they always think that buying a counterfeit watch is the answer.

    I call BS.
    Well, I suppose if you don't mind being mugged for your super-clone then there might be substance to it. I'd be calling stupid rather BS, though, because that's what you'd have to be not to see the flaw in the logic

  18. #118
    Grand Master Raffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    LŽtzebuerg
    Posts
    33,936
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Well, I suppose if you don't mind being mugged for your super-clone then there might be substance to it. I'd be calling stupid rather BS, though, because that's what you'd have to be not to see the flaw in the logic
    Well that's my point: the story has to be made up by apologists because nobody can be so stupid as to not see the flaw in the logic.
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

  19. #119
    Grand Master magirus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Up North hinny
    Posts
    38,417
    This is a watch forum where between us we own, wear and cherish a huge spread of makes, models and costs. I can't believe a genuine watch lover would knowingly own a fake. There's simply no excuse and any amongst us who does should hang their heads in shame and leave.

  20. #120
    Master Ruggertech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Deepest darkest South Wales.
    Posts
    4,271
    Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post

    I call BS.
    Agree. At best it's the classic urban myth premise.

    Sent from my SM-A125F using Tapatalk

  21. #121
    Master Papa Hotel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Not Edinburgh
    Posts
    6,801
    I can't believe this stupid thread is still going. I suppose it does have the benefit of highlighting people whose sales corner threads should be avoided like the plague but has anyone's mind ever been changed in one of these "debates"? The answer is no, it has never happened. Those who like fakes will always find a reasonable explanation, those who don't will never decide to flog it all and buy fakes.

    The real achievement of a thread like this is to cheapen this forum and damage its integrity.

  22. #122
    Grand Master Saint-Just's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Ashford, Kent
    Posts
    26,462
    Quote Originally Posted by stevecross View Post
    No problem, we all have an opinion and that's what life is about.
    It is not a matter of opinion, again. You may not like "stupid" so by all means keep "ignorant", as in ignorant that it is illegal. The alternative is of course knowing it is illegal, thus de facto deliberately committing a crime. What is your opinion between those 2?

    BTW, if the fake wearer is a TZ-UK member, then ignorant NEEDS to be replaced as stupid because so many posts, in so many threads, explain that it is illegal. But then the chances that it is knowingly that they commit a crime (with the usual excuse "where is the victim?") are much greater.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

  23. #123
    Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    Well that's my point: the story has to be made up by apologists because nobody can be so stupid as to not see the flaw in the logic.
    Definitely something I agree on. Replicas/Fakes don't bother me and if it makes the buyer feel cool or happy that's fine. Not something I would even consider and it certainly has no place here. Anyone who wears a super clone because they don't want to be mugged hasn't thought it through properly.

  24. #124
    Master helidoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    2,809
    They are illegal and violate someone elseís intellectual property.

    Owning one says something about the wearers character, and it isnít something to be proud of. There are brilliant, honest watches available for little money (Seiko, Citizen, CWC etc)

    D


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  25. #125
    Craftsman mitch1956's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    wakefield
    Posts
    422
    at 66 years old long gone are the days of wanting to impress, or need help with my self esteem, i have considered pay over the retail price for a piece but not done so yet and own some genuine rolex watches already, for their beauty , mechanics and because i can now, i also understand the desire to own one and the frustration of not being able to afford a genuine one.
    sad but now people will always do what they can to get what they want asap.
    just to say i am on the side of not advocate buying fakes or mugging people.

  26. #126
    Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    End of the world
    Posts
    3,299
    Blog Entries
    7
    Would rather wear a more affordable brand then wear something that is pretending to be something that it is not. As simple as that. I find wearing a fake pretty sad to be honest regardless of excuse.

  27. #127
    Master PreacherCain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    3,423
    Quote Originally Posted by kultschar View Post
    Would rather wear a more affordable brand then wear something that is pretending to be something that it is not. As simple as that. I find wearing a fake pretty sad to be honest regardless of excuse.
    This - given the range of watches available, Iíd rather not wear something thatís pretending to be what it isnít. If I wanted a Rolex look, there are more than enough honest homages out there.

    And the ďwearing a fake so the mugger doesnít get the real thingĒ argument is just infantile. Unless it really is going to be some sort of consolation while one is recovering from a stab wound. Which seems unlikely.

  28. #128
    Master M1011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    2,292
    I owned a fake once. It was a Rolex submariner according to the dial, although it had a GMT bezel which didn't actually rotate, and the clasp actually said 'ROLEX' on the outside. Wish I still had it for the memories. Bought it off a man in Spain about 20 years ago, he had a coat-full of the things. Does that count as a super fake? I mean it was faker than most right? I thought it was the dog's pyjamas. Stopped working and went in the bin of course.

    He didn't try to sell me any drugs or prostitutes at the time, but I'm not ruling out that this might have been his side hustle.

  29. #129
    Quote Originally Posted by M1011 View Post

    He didn't try to sell me any drugs or prostitutes at the time, but I'm not ruling out that this might have been his side hustle.
    No harm in asking

  30. #130
    Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    5,821
    Quote Originally Posted by ped View Post
    No harm in asking
    LOL

  31. #131
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    806
    Real Rolexes linked to drug dealers and criminals. Schoolboy error, he should be buying replicas from the kiddie-fiddlers at the Noob factory, not funding Swiss artisans!

    Shameless drug dealer, 28, who paraded his wealth by pouring champagne over Rolex watches is jailed for 15 years
    Last edited by J J Carter; 5th December 2021 at 18:26.

  32. #132
    Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    5,120
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    Perhaps the third time will be a mugging to get the watch but that’s ok, the mugger will now only get away with a fake.

    Of course, if he were really worried, he would wear a cheap(er), less desirable watch and not leave himself susceptible to the crime in the first place!


    Last edited by jk103; 5th December 2021 at 17:33.

  33. #133
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Uk
    Posts
    876
    If I am going to places you could call a bit iffy where a expensive watch would attract too much attention I have a lovely Seiko great white I got off the forum I wear.
    Great build quality and still tells the same time.
    Does it bother me not having a more expensive watch on, not one bit as the watch I wear is for myself not to impress others.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdw100 View Post
    A friend in London has a number of Rolexes.

    Twice he has someone try to remove them from his wrist.

    Including in a fairly busy bar: a guy tried hard to take the Milguass off him. (Green crystal version).

    He ordered a couple of super-clones to wear out as he is hacked off that he has spend good money on watches that he can't actually wear.

    Personally I like the PP Aquanaut. Chances of me actually being able to buy one....about 0% due to limited supply.

    Wouldn't mind trying a super-clone, see how it looks.

    I have 30+ other watches. Real rolexes, Omega, Rado, Cuervos Y Sobrinos etc etc....

    So its not like I would trying to be someone I'm not.

  34. #134
    Master blackal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Scottish Borders
    Posts
    6,145
    Quote Originally Posted by jdw100 View Post
    A friend in London has a number of Rolexes.

    Twice he has someone try to remove them from his wrist.

    Including in a fairly busy bar: a guy tried hard to take the Milguass off him. (Green crystal version).

    He ordered a couple of super-clones to wear out as he is hacked off that he has spend good money on watches that he can't actually wear.
    Jesus - that's not exactly well thought-out!

  35. #135
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Uk
    Posts
    876
    A glance at a Rolex on someone's wrist be it fake or real will still end in the same outcome, getting battered or worse if scum bags want it!
    If you have had a few close shaves my advice would be get to Argos and look in the watch sale counter ?

    Sent from my M2002J9G using Tapatalk

  36. #136
    Quote Originally Posted by ped View Post
    No harm in asking
    Lol. Best comment on this insufferable thread.

  37. #137
    Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    5,821
    Quote Originally Posted by Gee252 View Post
    A glance at a Rolex on someone's wrist be it fake or real will still end in the same outcome, getting battered or worse if scum bags want it!
    If you have had a few close shaves my advice would be get to Argos and look in the watch sale counter ?

    Sent from my M2002J9G using Tapatalk
    Hmmm
    Was looking into booking Sexy Fish for a trip down the smoke in a couple of weeks.
    Will wear the Seiko.

  38. #138
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Uk
    Posts
    876
    Don't blame you.
    It was a friend who works in London who sent me this and was in the same night with his ND Sub.
    Says it's the last time he has it on whilst about in the Smoke!!
    More watch muggings going off than reported!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    Hmmm
    Was looking into booking Sexy Fish for a trip down the smoke in a couple of weeks.
    Will wear the Seiko.

  39. #139
    Master blackal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Scottish Borders
    Posts
    6,145
    Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    Hmmm
    Was looking into booking Sexy Fish for a trip down the smoke in a couple of weeks.
    Will wear the Seiko.
    Not a Tuna, by any chance?

  40. #140
    Master
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Mountsorrel uk
    Posts
    1,580
    I think the idea of going to somewhere that wearing a Rolex could get you mugged or killed and wearing a fake that could get you mugged killed is weird or another bit of simpleton thinking unless you donít have any other option donít go to those sort of places in the first place, or if you live somewhere dodgy donít buy a Rolex

  41. #141
    Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    5,821
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael 38 View Post
    I think the idea of going to somewhere that wearing a Rolex could get you mugged or killed and wearing a fake that could get you mugged killed is weird or another bit of simpleton thinking unless you donít have any other option donít go to those sort of places in the first place, or if you live somewhere dodgy donít buy a Rolex
    Does Mayfair count as being dodgy?

  42. #142
    And what about replica sporting clothing, does that come under the fake heading?

  43. #143
    Master blackal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Scottish Borders
    Posts
    6,145
    Quote Originally Posted by frogspawn View Post
    And what about replica sporting clothing, does that come under the fake heading?
    For me - no.

    that is merchandise, not principle item.

    Both the official and unofficial merchandise is probably from similar sweatshops.

  44. #144
    Grand Master Raffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    LŽtzebuerg
    Posts
    33,936
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post
    Both the official and unofficial merchandise is probably from similar sweatshops.
    I have heard that often - any evidence it's true?

    Why is fake clothing OK? Same IP laws apply.
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

  45. #145
    Master M1011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    2,292
    Quote Originally Posted by ped View Post
    No harm in asking
    Missed opportunity for sure, if only I'd thought of it!

    Quote Originally Posted by Gee252 View Post
    Don't blame you.
    It was a friend who works in London who sent me this and was in the same night with his ND Sub.
    Says it's the last time he has it on whilst about in the Smoke!!
    More watch muggings going off than reported!!!
    Wear mine regularly in London without issue.

    If we are going to extrapolate across 9 million people then you probably should never wear a watch, own a phone, drive a car or possess a wallet in London.

  46. #146
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Uk
    Posts
    876
    You are right in what you say and I am not picking on London as this can happen in any city or town be it a watch phone, car, etc!?
    World we live in I'm afraid.
    As alot of things, common sense comes into play with any trinkets we wear, carry.
    Quote Originally Posted by M1011 View Post
    Missed opportunity for sure, if only I'd thought of it!



    Wear mine regularly in London without issue.

    If we are going to extrapolate across 9 million people then you probably should never wear a watch, own a phone, drive a car or possess a wallet in London.

  47. #147
    Master Harry Smith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Wolverhampton
    Posts
    3,774
    I sometimes wore my Rolex(s) while working in Probation and Prison. The inmates often noticed and some even new which model. A friend who wore a Panerai never had a comment. The Rolex brand is the big problem, especially DJ's and Sports version, too easily recognised by the worst of society.

  48. #148
    Master Possu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    3,448
    Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    I have heard that often - any evidence it's true?

    Why is fake clothing OK? Same IP laws apply.
    Fake is fake and not OK.

    That said, reading Roberto Savianoís Gomorra some ten years ago was an eye-opener. He claimed that a big portion of Italian fashion industry operates or used to operate in a surprising manner. They provide the patterns and fabrics to a number of factories. The first one able to fulfill gets the order, the rest of the stuff will be sold on the fake market. The only difference to the real item being that it was made a bit too slow and hence itís illegal goods. Beats me why they do/did it like that.

  49. #149
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    farmborough
    Posts
    111
    Quote Originally Posted by Possu View Post
    Fake is fake and not OK.

    That said, reading Roberto Savianoís Gomorra some ten years ago was an eye-opener. He claimed that a big portion of Italian fashion industry operates or used to operate in a surprising manner. They provide the patterns and fabrics to a number of factories. The first one able to fulfill gets the order, the rest of the stuff will be sold on the fake market. The only difference to the real item being that it was made a bit too slow and hence itís illegal goods. Beats me why they do/did it like that.
    The greater exposure is worth a lot more to them.

    Once they are more established, or more resources are available for the public to discern fake and real (the internet) the above is less attractive to them.

  50. #150
    Master blackal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Scottish Borders
    Posts
    6,145
    Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    I have heard that often - any evidence it's true?

    Why is fake clothing OK? Same IP laws apply.
    Heard it often myself, hence why I mentioned it as Ďprobablyí.........

    ĒIP lawsĒ ? I knew someone would dig into that. Iím not saying my morality is perfect - but it is MY morality.

    To my mind the non-official merchandise production is no worse than the copying of (say) Rolex, Omega, Blancpain, Panarei etc designs. Not talking about Ďstyling cuesí here..............

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Do Not Sell My Personal Information