closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Car Journey Tracking App

Car Journey Tracking App

My old lease car (now returned) used to have an iphone app associated with it which used to record and display all of the car journeys made, times of arrival, mileages, route etc. As a consultant this was extremely helpful for me to automatically record my arrival times on site, travel times, mileage charges etc.

Now the car has gone back I am using a car which does not have this facility, but find that I am now really missing it as it was just so convenient. Does anyone know of a decent iPhone app which can perform this same function - ideally automatically when the phone connects to the car (as I know I would be useless at remembering to start it if it were manual)?

I am sure there are fleet telematic systems which I could install to do this, but that does seem rather OTT for what I require. It doesn't need to be free, but ideally monthly costs should be reasonable. I dont need to track a fleet, just me travelling around the country in my car.

So far I have found:
    1. Mileage Tracker (Driversnote)
    2. MileIQ
    3. Verizon
    4. Quartix

Any experiences/advice is appreciated.

Ideally it should be easy to use as well!
    TIA

I use MileIQ and its great. It runs in the background and then you swipe left or right for Business or Personal. You can also add further info if required. Can then download monthly CSV or PDF. I've been using it for 3years or so now and my accountant loves it!

Warrington, centre of the Universe and home of the Mighty Wire
    Have a look at the timeline on Google Maps. You will need to have location services turned on, but it shows you where you have been. The info can be stored/displayed on your phone, so if you change cars you always have it. If you go to your Google account on a PC or Mac device you can fine tune what it shows. Best of all, its free and you will almost certainly have it, but a lot of people are unaware of it. Hope this helps.

Stuart

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Thanks for your input chaps.
    Much appreciated.