closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: SMITHS NATO PRS-40 AUTOMATIC strap ideas

SMITHS NATO PRS-40 AUTOMATIC strap ideas

I have just taken delivery of my SMITHS NATO PRS-40... What an interesting and unique watch...
    I'm going to try out some different strap combinations...any pictures of different combos with the same model of watch much appreciated.

Last edited by Plinky; 3rd December 2021 at 10:50.

I bought this PRS-40Q to mess around with straps while waiting for the Chrono version.

I have decided that three-piece Natos (with the extra hardware around the head) distract attention away from the the case shape which is the star of the show... so I have converted all the Natos for this watch into single-pass.

This my favourite strap for the watch. It's a cheapo elastic from Amazon. Converted to single-pass and one keeper removed. The stripe works well with the lines in the dial and make the green of the lume pop. Sorry about the low quality pics. I can't be bothered that much with pics these days.

Canvas Coyote Brown. My second favourite.

Quote Originally Posted by abraxas View Post

I bought this PRS-40Q to mess around with straps while waiting for the Chrono version.

I have decided that three-piece Natos (with the extra hardware around the head) distract attention away from the the case shape which is the star of the show... so I have converted all the Natos for this watch into single-pass.

This my favourite strap for the watch. It's a cheapo elastic from Amazon. Converted to single-pass and one keeper removed. The stripe works well with the lines in the dial and make the green of the lume pop. Sorry about the low quality pics. I can't be bothered that much with pics these days.
    A good idea with the single pass nato's....Both of your strap options look good. I'm also waiting for the chrono version to be released..... I like the design of these very much.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by abraxas View Post

Canvas Coyote Brown. My second favourite.

Nice!

Master
    Excuse the poor photo. Gloomy day in Leics and I used a phone.

On my own relatively slender wrist, the sand-blasted hardware on the strap is a bit heavy and cumbersome. But it's a perfect match for the case.

Quote Originally Posted by monogroover View Post

On my own relatively slender wrist, the sand-blasted hardware on the strap is a bit heavy and cumbersome. But it's a perfect match for the case.

Nice!

Quote Originally Posted by monogroover View Post

Looks great… I got to handle one of these not long ago and it’s a really well built piece. Great one to own 👌