closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Doxa Sub 300 after Spa treatment

Doxa Sub 300 after Spa treatment

I recently decided I’d like my Sub 300 serviced and polished to look like new. Previous owner has worn it quite a bit, so it had some scratches. I decided it’s a keeper and would like to put my own scratches on it, so that’s my excuse for polishing :-)
    Anyway, check out the pictures of the work done. I also encourage you to have a look at some other work Damian does. The laser welding is mind boggling.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CW8tiSRA73z/?hl=en

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    He does some great work, i bet you are very happy.

Is he uk based and what did he charge? (Pm me if you dont want to say openly on the forum)
    Cheers,

Ben

..... for I have become the Jedi of flippers

" an extravagance is anything you buy that is of no earthly use to your wife "

Looks great. I’ve been following the watch polisher on IG for a while and it’s amazing what they can do with laser welding. I assume its pricey, but good to know a big old ding wouldn’t be the end of the world

Craftsman
    Gone through his insta, his level of work is unbelievable! Would also be interested to know price.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

I think prices may vary depending on what the watch needs. Mine didn’t need anything drastic, so a full service, regulation, pressure testing and refurbishing of the case and bracelet came to £250 all in.

He is based in Poland.

That's bloody good value!

Quote Originally Posted by PawG View Post
    I think prices may vary depending on what the watch needs. Mine didn’t need anything drastic, so a full service, regulation, pressure testing and refurbishing of the case and bracelet came to £250 all in.

He is based in Poland.

He is based in Poland.

£250 for all that? Jesus, that's good, and the watch looks amazing.

Is it a faff with tax forms from Poland? How does that work if you're buying a service rather than goods? I might have to get in touch with him.

I’m interested but don’t have instagram have you got any pictures if possible?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    £250 for all that? Jesus, that's good, and the watch looks amazing.

Is it a faff with tax forms from Poland? How does that work if you're buying a service rather than goods? I might have to get in touch with him.
    Might be worth a PM, I'd imagine the tax can be avoided if you have the correct paperwork. I actually went there and took the watch with me and I'll try to do the same to get it back.

Quote Originally Posted by Redwolf View Post
    I’m interested but don’t have instagram have you got any pictures if possible?
    Thanks

You don't need an account to see one post, just click on the link an it should be visible.

Grand Master
    The time needed and the difficulty in refinishing work depends heavily on the design of the watch, there are certain aspects that make it more difficult and this might not be obvious. One of the hardest jobs is refinishing a case with contrasting polished and brushed finishes meeting at a shallow angle, 90 degrees is easy but 45 isn’t. Polished edges on bracelets are also tricky to get right.

Problem number one with divers is removing the bezel, not always easy!

You don't need an account to see one post, just click on the link an it should be visible.
    I clicked the link it’s asking me to sign in. Don’t worry about it.

Master
    That looks excellent, he really has brought the case back to new. Great price as well for a service and case/bracelet refinish

Sorry hope this is not considered as hijacking the thread
    Years ago I bought a badly ruined Speedmaster from the local postman from Gumtree, that had a massive plowing through the side + several smaller dings & dents. Not too visible on these pics, but they were several mm's deep:

I took it to a vintage watch shop in Budapest, Hungary (10ora10), who have a "man" for the job. Still not sure who the man was, but i know the shop owner & trust him.
    Did an excellent job & only charged £47 - mind you, this didn't include servicing, "just" the complete case refurb

The end result:

So don't know if it's the cheaper Eastern European labour, or the relative simplicity of the job, but looks like it can be done cheaply

Quote Originally Posted by levkov View Post
    Sorry hope this is not considered as hijacking the thread
    Years ago I bought a badly ruined Speedmaster from the local postman from Gumtree, that had a massive plowing through the side + several smaller dings & dents. Not too visible on these pics, but they were several mm's deep:

I took it to a vintage watch shop in Budapest, Hungary (10ora10), who have a "man" for the job. Still not sure who the man was, but i know the shop owner & trust him.
    Did an excellent job & only charged £47 - mind you, this didn't include servicing, "just" the complete case refurb

The end result:

So don't know if it's the cheaper Eastern European labour, or the relative simplicity of the job, but looks like it can be done cheaply
    That looks like a fantastic result!