closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Casio Rangeman Q

Casio Rangeman Q

Was bought a green Rangeman (GW-9400-3 I think, not a G-Shock expert) some years ago by a mate. Worn it maybe twice and the rest of the time it’s sat in a dark cupboard so obvs the battery is empty. Decided to give it a go and have left it under house lights and facing out of a window for a few hours. The “CHG” indicator is flashing, which is good. Any G-Shock bods able to advise how long it will take to wake up so I can pop it on and charge it whilst wearing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by FrontierGibberish View Post
    Was bought a green Rangeman (GW-9400-3 I think, not a G-Shock expert) some years ago by a mate. Worn it maybe twice and the rest of the time it’s sat in a dark cupboard so obvs the battery is empty. Decided to give it a go and have left it under house lights and facing out of a window for a few hours. The “CHG” indicator is flashing, which is good. Any G-Shock bods able to advise how long it will take to wake up so I can pop it on and charge it whilst wearing?

it might take a couple of days to get it started and then a lot of days to get it fully charged. It depends on calibre, some won't charge from lamps etc.

Excellent info. Thank you. The house lights are definitely charging it, which is good news. Not sure which caliber it is, but I do know looking at your charts that it’s a pity I didn’t do this in June!

Not sure if this helps re caliber?

Think so. Whatever that is!

Master
    From the 3410 module manual, available at https://casiofanmag.com/manuals-2/3410-instruction/

Natural light outdoors much quicker than artificial, even on a cloudy day.

Thanks. 8 days outside all day should do it then!

its much faster with sunlight but since we wont see that until March, try a south facing window to get the most charge into it

dont know how long, just keep checking it

Sunny tomorrow so I’ll wear it on my other wrist.

Left it charging on the Land Cruiser in the work car park.

In a nutshell never leave these in a dark place for any length of time. I have worn mine (I have about 8 solar atomic g’s) the odd day in the summer and keep them on a shaded desk for most of the year and they’ve never gone below a high charge (and I live in the uk). Some are nearly 10 years old and never even go to medium. It does take a lot longer than you imagine ti charge from flat (and the bottom of high is still a long way from the top so give it another couple of days even after it shows high). Then you’ll never have an issue. As others have said a day or 2 in the garden on a bright sunny day has the same effect but that’s not going to help much in a gloomy December!!

Au contraire!

Casio Rangeman Q

The first frogman I owned arrived on a medium charge. Remember leaving it on a windowsill in the winter for a few days and it sat on medium the whole time. A few days later it was a bright and sunny winters day. I sat it on my wife’s dressing table in a shaft of sunlight and it almost instantly moved to indicate a high charge! I was amazed and left it there for a couple of hours. The next day it was back to a medium and never properly showed high until I’d left it in the spring/summer sunshine for a day or so. They work fine on a medium charge so it’s no big deal - and I’d be surprised if a few hours outside in the bright winter sun will actually achieve much. By the way that frogman has never dipped below showing a high charge ever since, and it doesn’t get much wrist time.