closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: GP: Withholding of medication to coerce attendance at tests

Quote Originally Posted by markrlondon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    From reading your posts I would offer the following opinion: you are laying the blame at your GP when it seems to be the problem of the Practice administration.

My advice would be to speak to your GP, at least by phone if not in person to resolve the situation - this from personal experience(s) has sorted out supply issues.
    An interesting perspective. I am tempted to say that I'm not sure it makes much difference who is to blame within their organisation.
    My comment was aimed at resolving the situation rather than apportioning blame, your GP is the correct person to speak to about this.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Craftsman
    The issue is more than blood pressure. However, it is well tracked.

It's gone up significantly and worryingly since the GP withheld the most effective blood pressure medication without explanation or warning. Even if I had booked the reviews/tests immediately, I would still be in the same position as I am at this exact moment.

I am looking forward to getting my hands on the reduced supply they said they have now issued. Hopefully it will be actually available this afternoon or perhaps tomorrow.
    My point was, help the GP to help you. With more detailed data they can maybe prescribe the best overall therapy (med, dosage and frequency) Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

It would be non-sensical not to take it personally. Afterall, it is my personal health that has been damaged in a well-meaning, but actually harmful, attempt at coercion.

I have not delayed or ignored any review.

The request for reviews came after I put in the prescription renewal and I did not know that they had withheld meds until afterwards. At that stage, the hypertension review in particular could not usefully take place until they let me have the full set of blood pressure and related meds they were withholding!
    I know it's difficult to not take personally but the process is designed for the masses, not you (which is probably why it doesn't work for you)

Also, I would have a word with the doctors and let them know they missed informing you of the reviews so you could book them. They are important.

Lastly, I can understand your frustration but it's not going to change. Follow the process, have your reviews, get your meds, then follow up to make sure this doesn't happen again.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Master
    Mark

You are acting like a school kid. Moaning here will achieve nothing and you know that.

Just go to your Surgery in a calm manner and discuss it with them. They don't want the hassle anymore than you do.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    My comment was aimed at resolving the situation rather than apportioning blame, your GP is the correct person to speak to about this.
    Ah yes, thanks.

The request for reviews came after I put in the prescription renewal and I did not know that they had withheld meds until afterwards. At that stage, the hypertension review in particular could not usefully take place until they let me have the full set of blood pressure and related meds they were withholding!
    Are you sure about that?

Given you seem (from what you've said) allowed your meds to run out, they may well consider it prudent to assess your unmedicated levels to determine an accurate drug/dosage. I'm not a doctor, but this may well be what they're doing.

Obviously, this is bothering you, but the simple answer seems to be to get down there for the tests ASAP.

Arguing the point, even if you are right, probably isn't going to advance things any quicker.

M
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Furthermore, I now know that, even if I had delivered my renewal in better time, I would still most likely have run out. Why? Because on previous experience, available test/review appointments are always weeks ahead.
    Maybe different at you surgery, but in my experience as long as a review is booked medications will be issued in the interim.

Ah yes, thanks.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ALindsay View Post
    My point was, help the GP to help you. With more detailed data they can maybe prescribe the best overall therapy (med, dosage and frequency) Good luck
    I don't want to go into too many personal details but this is part of the ongoing process.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Maybe different at you surgery, but in my experience as long as a review is booked medications will be issued in the interim.
    I would have been more accepting of meds being withheld if the GP surgery had contacted me, say by SMS, to explain that they were withholding meds until I could book an appointment. Instead they said nothing whatsoever as to why they were withholding the meds. Coupled with their history of errors on prescriptions, I could only presume that they had made a more significant error and re-request the missing meds. They only explained their reasoning at that time, rather late in the day.
    Last edited by markrlondon; 30th November 2021 at 11:16.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    Are you sure about that?
    Yes. :-)

Given you seem (from what you've said) allowed your meds to run out, they may well consider it prudent to assess your unmedicated levels to determine an accurate drug/dosage.
    That has long since been done. What you suggest has merit but I am certain that's not what they intend here.

the simple answer seems to be to get down there for the tests ASAP.
    At the earliest available opportunity. That's been the plan all along.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick P View Post
    You are acting like a school kid. Moaning here will achieve nothing and you know that.
    LOL.

I am not "moaning". I came here to find answers to specific questions and to get perspectives on how to proceed. I have had some answers.

Thank you to those who have actually directly answered my questions as best they were able.

However, I have also found myself required to defend myself or to re-state what actually happened. Some people perceive that as "moaning", others perceive it as "having the last word". I perceive it to be merely patiently and calmly assertive.

Just go to your Surgery in a calm manner and discuss it with them. They don't want the hassle anymore than you do.
    Be real. Visits to the surgery are of course prohibited except for special exceptions. I could not in good conscience demand an exception for a complaint of this sort. This channels everything onto the phone and dealing with issues like this on the phone is very difficult for reasons that I have mentioned (and which are well-reported on in the UK with GPs' surgeries). I rather suspect that reducing their hassle is the reason they use the coercion-methodology that they have done. That doesn't excuse it since it has ramifications that are not necessarily seen or understood by the surgery themselves.

So, to summarise -

You failed to order your repeat prescription timeously to ensure continuity of supply.

When you did so, you did it by letter, not by using the normal method of submitting the counterfoil to the previous prescription.

Rather than seek & find a solution to your problem within a reasonable, short timescale, you've decided to let it fester.

Eighteen days later, you've unloaded your frustrations on here. (That's what you've done; you can't disguise it as asking for advice.)

You've previous for asking for (medical-related) advice on here.

You've previous for ignoring (or delaying acting on) advice given.

Of course, it's not your fault. You've been busy making, what, about 300 posts on this forum, before this thread, since your problem arose. Your priorities are plain to see.

I hope your problem gets solved, but it's in your hands to decide the outcome. You can hate the game, but sometimes you just have to play it.
    ______

​Jim.

Quote Originally Posted by jwg663 View Post
    So, to summarise -

You failed to order your repeat prescription timeously to ensure continuity of supply.

When you did so, you did it by letter, not by using the normal method of submitting the counterfoil to the previous prescription.

Rather than seek & find a solution to your problem within a reasonable, short timescale, you've decided to let it fester.

Eighteen days later, you've unloaded your frustrations on here. (That's what you've done; you can't disguise it as asking for advice.)

Of course, it's not your fault. You've been busy making, what, about 300 posts on this forum, before this thread, since your problem arose. Your priorities are plain to see.

I hope your problem gets solved, but it's in your hands to decide the outcome. You can hate the game, but sometimes you just have to play it.
    Couldn’t put it better myself

It’s your body and you have responsibility for it. The NHS is here to help you but not to be your brain.

Loads of reasons why Dr will want to run some tests and if you can’t see that or can’t be bothered to find out then I despair as to where my taxes are being spent.

I share some of your conditions and I Chase Surgery for regular blood tests etc

I order repeat prescriptions on the NHS app 2 weeks before my supply runs out

Get a grip man and instead of spending hours on here look after yourself.

So, to summarise -

Quote Originally Posted by dandanthewatchman View Post
    Couldn’t put it better myself

It’s your body and you have responsibility for it. The NHS is here to help you but not to be your brain.

Loads of reasons why Dr will want to run some tests and if you can’t see that or can’t be bothered to find out then I despair as to where my taxes are being spent.

I share some of your conditions and I Chase Surgery for regular blood tests etc

Get a grip man and instead of spending hours on here look after yourself.

Spot on.
    Everyone on repeat prescriptions should expect to have regular medical/medication reviews and should be grateful for it.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post
    Best of luck Mark...damn good thing it's free at point of use, as nobody'd pay to be treated like that.
    Rubbish, frankly. The OP has chosen - passively or actively - not to manage his ongoing repeat prescriptions. I have done the same in the past and I've paid the penalty and had to go without. Lesson learnt.

Will the OP learn? Probably not, based on his replies.

If he put as much effort into sorting this issue as he is in replying here then it would've been sorted by now.

Master
    Taking responsibility for your own health is quite a novel idea for some people that take the NHS for granted.

Just one question, how many appointments have you missed in the past as this may be a factor in them using this poorly managed drug supply by yourself as an opportunity to ensure that you are all OK and are getting the best care.

Not sure you can be angry with them trying to treat you safely and correctly as others have stated above.

I do struggle to understand how someone can be shouting about having their health potentially put at harm by their GP when in reality didn’t you do this to yourself by not managing your medication supply and then waiting a week or more to go and pick up this emergency prescription?

Maybe take a deep breath and accept your own role in this situation and accept that it would be best for all concerned if you work WITH the practice to manage your health.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    I never ask for renewal of my prescriptions. Boots (my local pharmacy) does it for me very efficiently (for free) and will give me gap medication when (as it happened once) the surgery hasn’t renewed on time. This way my visits to the surgery are limited to actual medical needs (blood test, for example) and nothing else.
    Nice to know but not relevant here. In fact you do ask for renewal of prescriptions; it's just your pharmacy doing it on your behalf.

In other words, the method of renewal is not relevant to the issue at hand here. I could have got my pharmacy to do it[1], I could have used the NHS app, or I could, as I did, have sent them a letter. It is what happened when the renewal was requested because it was needed that is problematic.

I too do not visit the (inside of the) GP for anything except actual medical needs.

Footnote:-
    1: It's an aside but actually, no, it would seem that I couldn't have got my pharmacy to do it as all the prescriptions now have a note at the bottom to the effect that pharmacies can apparently no longer request renewals on behalf of patients. Also the GP doesn't accept prescription renewals by phone. So it's either paper or app. But however the renewal was requested, it wouldn't have made any difference in this case.
    I disagree. I believe it is 100% relevant.
    You missed a renewal and did it late. Unfortunately for you, it was at a time when your dossier stated that you were due a review.
    Everything that followed, including this thread, is a consequence of the combined effects of this initial negligence and the timing of the review.

To recap:
    - it is unfortunate that surgeries in general (not just yours) do not issue reminders well in advance that you will need a review and prior to that, tests. Instead, the admin people see the review alert when opening your dossier on the computer.
    - it is really unfortunate that your misstep coincided with the review alert that popped up. It undoubtedly restricted the options the surgery had (again, we are talking of processes here) to offer you. That, as well, is not what I would expect from my ideal surgery but I have learnt a long time ago that I did not live in Utopia.
    - because the main culprit here is not having followed due process, using another process ( in this case, asking your pharmacist to request the renewals) frees you from the risk of forgetting and playing catch up ever since. This way renewal is ordered on time, and if a test is required I am informed immediately by text, both by the pharmacy and by the surgery and do not end up in a situation like yours.

I entirely accept it does not bring a solution to your current predicament but it may avoid a repeat in the future.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Master
    If I was the administrator of the GP practice, I would very firmly, but non the less politely tell the OP to look for another Doctor. GPs and their staff are already busy (and stressed) enough without having to deal with his sort. Once he is off their books they can forget that he even exists.
    Last edited by Mick P; 30th November 2021 at 14:25.

If I was the administrator of the GP practice, I would very firmly, but non the less politely tell the OP to look for another Doctor. GPs and their staff are already busy (and stressed) enough without having to deal with his sort. Once he is off their books they can forget that he even exists.
    We can count our blessings that you became a postman instead.

Quote Originally Posted by jukeboxs View Post
    We can count our blessings that you became a postman instead.
    And hope that his wife’s condition doesn’t inconvenience his current GP too much…
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Master
    And hope that his wife’s condition doesn’t inconvenience his current GP too much…
    The difference is that I comply with procedures and that helps to keep the machinery turning. The OP is disruptive and is making life difficult for everyone.

Blog Entries
    So, to summarise
    A summary is available but I'll play along with your reimagining and correct your errors.

Not exactly. I ordered a repeat prescription a little late but all further delays to actually getting the medication have been out of my control.

A letter is a normal method too. The counterfoils often do not list all the items I need.

No. As I have recounted, I acted at the first available opportunity in every case.

No. I have asked specific questions hoping for specific answers to them.

I am not "disguising" anything.

The fact that you seem to wish to my request for answers to be something other than it is, is entirely your delusion.

Would that be a problem?

Note that this is not a request for medical advice. Is it a request for procedural/systematic advice.

Have I? Would you like to enumerate when and where that was?

Of course, it's not your fault.
    Faults may be in many places.

You've been busy making, what, about 300 posts on this forum, before this thread, since your problem arose. Your priorities are plain to see.
    Being able to post on the forum says nothing whatsoever about my ability to go to other places.

And that is why I came here for advice.

Your input, however, has been worthless trash re-imagined to suit yourself.
    Last edited by markrlondon; 30th November 2021 at 15:49.

YCMIU.
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

Blog Entries
    I disagree. I believe it is 100% relevant.
    You missed a renewal and did it late. Unfortunately for you, it was at a time when your dossier stated that you were due a review.
    Everything that followed, including this thread, is a consequence of the combined effects of this initial negligence and the timing of the review.

To recap:
    - it is unfortunate that surgeries in general (not just yours) do not issue reminders well in advance that you will need a review and prior to that, tests. Instead, the admin people see the review alert when opening your dossier on the computer.
    - it is really unfortunate that your misstep coincided with the review alert that popped up. It undoubtedly restricted the options the surgery had (again, we are talking of processes here) to offer you. That, as well, is not what I would expect from my ideal surgery but I have learnt a long time ago that I did not live in Utopia.
    - because the main culprit here is not having followed due process, using another process ( in this case, asking your pharmacist to request the renewals) frees you from the risk of forgetting and playing catch up ever since. This way renewal is ordered on time, and if a test is required I am informed immediately by text, both by the pharmacy and by the surgery and do not end up in a situation like yours.

I entirely accept it does not bring a solution to your current predicament but it may avoid a repeat in the future.
    Nevertheless, the fact remains that method of requesting a prescription would have made no difference whatsoever to any of this.

I'll agree that timings matter a lot though, mine and theirs, but not method.

Blog Entries
    LOL!

Multi-quoting and bullet-pointing doesn't work on the forum and it might actually be dawning on you that it doesn't work in real life either. Crack on and best of luck, because you'll need all you can get.
    In the Sotadic Zone, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    Y
    C
    M
    I
    U.

Blog Entries
    The OP is disruptive and is making life difficult for everyone.
    You do understand that my actions so far have not disrupted anyone. I requested a prescription renewal (late from my perspective, but that's not disruptive to anyone else). The problem began when it was not fulfilled, whilst the GP provided no message, note, or other communication as to why that was the case.

I put the lack of meds down to incompetence since this particular GP surgery has a history of errors on prescriptions. I have found their incompetence in this respect to be quite disruptive, as it happens, often requiring me to go back and re-request stuff they missed.

It was only when I did this, i.e. went back and asked for the missing items, that they informed me of why they had previously withheld critical medication. Again, I've really not caused any disruption by asking for what was (and still is) needed. They did cause me disruption and harm by inexplicably (as it was at the time) withholding meds, though.

So no, I am not being disruptive. And no, I am not making life "difficult for everyone".

On two occasions in this thread I have rebuked posters for putting words into my mouth and so I apologise in advance for any possible hypocrisy in doing the same to you: It seems likely to me that you would be furious if a GP surgery had done the same to you, regardless of whether or not you should ideally have requested a prescription renewal a few days earlier.

Master
    You do understand that my actions so far have not disrupted anyone. I requested a prescription renewal (late from my perspective, but that's not disruptive to anyone else). The problem began when it was not fulfilled, whilst the GP provided no message, note, or other communication as to why that was the case.

I put the lack of meds down to incompetence since this particular GP surgery has a history of errors on prescriptions. I have found their incompetence in this respect to be quite disruptive, as it happens, often requiring me to go back and re-request stuff they missed.

It was only when I did this, i.e. went back and asked for the missing items, that they informed me of why they had previously withheld critical medication. Again, I've really not caused any disruption by asking for what was (and still is) needed. They did cause me disruption and harm by inexplicably (as it was at the time) withholding meds, though.

So no, I am not being disruptive. And no, I am not making life "difficult for everyone".

On two occasions in this thread I have rebuked posters for putting words into my mouth and so I apologise in advance for any possible hypocrisy in doing the same to you: It seems likely to me that you would be furious if a GP surgery had done the same to you, regardless of whether or not you should ideally have requested a prescription renewal a few days earlier.
    You have brought this on yourself, so learn from it.

Blog Entries
    Exactly, this is rather my attitude too. It is a shame that the GP surgery wish to coerce me into things rather than communicating what their requirements and inentions are.

Loads of reasons why Dr will want to run some tests and if you can’t see that or can’t be bothered to find out
    As I said at the very beginning of this thread: I am happy to go to these tests in due course. I too consider them important.

I usually do too. But when I don't, it doesn't then benefit my health for medication to be intentionally withheld.

I think some reading and listening skills would help you because I don’t think you are winning over anyone to your side of the argument by just repeating your points time and time again and not taking any real responsibility for being the instigator of the whole sorry episode.

By the way have you missed many appointments with the surgery?

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    I had this back in 2019 I think (pre covid anyway) with Ventolin being withheld until I went for an asthma check up.
    Remarkably they discovered I was still asthmatic. Still had to go and perform the exercise to confirm what everybody knew anyway.
    You just have to suck it up and do the hoops.

───────▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
    ────▄▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▄
    ──▄▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▄
    ──█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▄
    ─▐▌░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░▐▌
    ─█░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄░░▀▀▀▀▀░░█
    ▐▌░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀░░░▐▌
    █░░░░░░░░░▄▄▀▀▀▀▀░░░░▀▀▀▀▄░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀░░░▐░░░░░▐▌
    ▐▌░░░░░░░░░▐▀▀██▄░░░░░░▄▄▄░▐▌
    ─█░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀░░░░░░▀▀██░░█
    ─▐▌░░░░▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░▌░░░░░░█
    ──▐▌░░▐░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░█
    ───█░░░▌░░░░░░░░▐▀░░░░▄▀░░░▐▌
    ───▐▌░░▀▄░░░░░░░░▀░▀░▀▀░░░▄▀
    ───▐▌░░▐▀▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ───▐▌░░░▌░▀▄░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░█
    ───█░░░▀░░░░▀▄░░░░░░░░░░▄▀
    ──▐▌░░░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄▀
    ─▄▀░░░▄▀░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀█▀
    ▀░░░▄▀░░░░░░░░░░▀░░░▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄

██╗  ░█████╗░███╗░░░███╗  ███╗░░██╗░█████╗░███████ █╗
    ██║  ██╔══██╗████╗░████║  ████╗░██║██╔══██╗╚══██╔═ ═╝
    ██║  ███████║██╔████╔██║  ██╔██╗██║██║░░██║░░░██║░ ░░
    ██║  ██╔══██║██║╚██╔╝██║  ██║╚████║██║░░██║░░░██║░ ░░
    ██║  ██║░░██║██║░╚═╝░██║  ██║░╚███║╚█████╔╝░░░██║░ ░░
    ╚═╝  ╚═╝░░╚═╝╚═╝░░░░░╚═╝  ╚═╝░░╚══╝░╚════╝░░░░╚═╝░ ░░

███╗░░░███╗░█████╗░░█████╗░███╗░░██╗██╗███╗░░██╗░█ █████╗░
    ████╗░████║██╔══██╗██╔══██╗████╗░██║██║████╗░██║██ ╔════╝░
    ██╔████╔██║██║░░██║███████║██╔██╗██║██║██╔██╗██║██ ║░░██╗░
    ██║╚██╔╝██║██║░░██║██╔══██║██║╚████║██║██║╚████║██ ║░░╚██╗
    ██║░╚═╝░██║╚█████╔╝██║░░██║██║░╚███║██║██║░╚███║╚█ █████╔╝
    ╚═╝░░░░░╚═╝░╚════╝░╚═╝░░╚═╝╚═╝░░╚══╝╚═╝╚═╝░░╚══╝░╚ ═════╝░

Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    I had this back in 2019 I think (pre covid anyway) with Ventolin being withheld until I went for an asthma check up.
    Remarkably they discovered I was still asthmatic. Still had to go and perform the exercise to confirm what everybody knew anyway.
    Exactly the same situation I described

It was pretty obvious from the check up I had that they had seen an increase in patients using their inhaler wrongly in the event of an attack and went through the process step by step (not had that before).

Check up would have been useful to those new to asthma or out of touch but I was neither of those. They didn't know that, they'd just seen an increase and painted us all with the same brush.

Like I say, the check-ups won't work for everyone but that's the process

OP - difficult to deduce, but having read through your more recent posts, sounds like bad comms from the surgery. Might make you cross, would me too, but they aren't going to flex a process for you without you seeing a doctor. Get the reviews done.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

They treat everyone the same, like it or lump it

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by paw3001 View Post
    I think some reading and listening skills would help you because I don’t think you are winning over anyone to your side of the argument by just repeating your points time and time again
    I am not here to persuade or to "win anyone over to my side of the argument". I do not recognise that there is an argument, as such. I have stated what happened and asked for specific answers to specific questions.

As I said before, I do thank those who have actually tried to answer my questions.

I repeat points "time and time again" because it is necessary to do so, not to win anyone over to anything, but to correct errors, misinterpretations, delusions or, in some cases, intentional misrepresentations of what has been said. In situations like this, one must patiently and calmly point out the facts when they are disputed by people who weren't even there.

It is remarkable how some people think they know more about an event than the people who were actually present at the event.

and not taking any real responsibility for being the instigator of the whole sorry episode.
    Think what you are saying through. Do you really believe that requesting a prescription renewal (a few days later than ideally I should have done) somehow is solely the cause of my being without medication now? The facts do not seem to me to support such a conclusion.

Furthermore, I am taking responsibility for resolving this situation now. Part of that process is seeking answers to the specific questions that I asked.

By the way have you missed many appointments with the surgery?
    You appear to be wishing that something was the case when it is not, presumably to fulfil some idea of your own of how this story should really be.

I have never missed any appointment with the surgery. I never, ever miss medical appointments once made. They are too important to me for that.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    Thanks, yes, indeed.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by r.dawson View Post
    OP - difficult to deduce, but having read through your more recent posts, sounds like bad comms from the surgery. Might make you cross, would me too, but they aren't going to flex a process for you without you seeing a doctor. Get the reviews done.
    I quite like processes.... as long as they are communicated in advance. Or at all. Yes, it was and is a matter of bad comms.

Note, for the sake of completeness, I won't be seeing any doctors. I'll be seeing "healthcare assistants" who may or may not be nurses.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by xellos99 View Post
    They treat everyone the same, like it or lump it
    I look forward to being able to lump it.

I'm not sure that "like it or lump it" covers all possible solutions to a problem, come to think of it.

...Your input, however, has been worthless trash re-imagined to suit yourself.
    Why, thank you Mark.

I've aspired to reach your level of pointless, self-serving, navel-gazing. To have you consider my 'input' as being of the same quality as I consider yours usually to be is praise indeed.

I refer you to Jeremiah 5.21.
    ______

​Jim.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanford View Post
    Everyone on repeat prescriptions should expect to have regular medical/medication reviews and should be grateful for it.
    I do expect it and I am grateful for it. I have said so above in this thread, more than once now.

In the very first message of this thread I wrote: I am happy to go to these tests in due course. I too consider them important.

The existence and necessity for reviews, tests, etc. is not the issue here.

I've been clear on what the problem is.

GP: Withholding of medication to coerce attendance at tests

I am not here to persuade or to "win anyone over to my side of the argument". I do not recognise that there is an argument, as such. I have stated what happened and asked for specific answers to specific questions.

As I said before, I do thank those who have actually tried to answer my questions.

I repeat points "time and time again" because it is necessary to do so, not to win anyone over to anything, but to correct errors, misinterpretations, delusions or, in some cases, intentional misrepresentations of what has been said. In situations like this, one must patiently and calmly point out the facts when they are disputed by people who weren't even there.
    Sorry but I disagree. You are clearly arguing with people who do not agree with your frustration and are just repeating the same points. Just accept that not everyone agrees with your need to take offense and ridiculously feeling blackmailed by your surgery. That is plain entitled like behavior

Think what you are saying through. Do you really believe that requesting a prescription renewal (a few days later than ideally I should have done) somehow is solely the cause of my being without medication now? The facts do not seem to me to support such a conclusion.
    Yes I do. By submitting late and by letter you brought more attention onto yourself and the surgery realised that you needed a medication review and so started the process. You fell foul of that purely by submitting your request late and then being frustrated that this started other processes!

You appear to be wishing that something was the case when it is not, presumably to fulfil some idea of your own of how this story should really be.
    No I am not. I am asking you a direct question because if you had been a repeat offender of missing appointments then this could have been flagged on your notes and could have triggered the request. However, as you state you have never missed an appointment, then it looks more likely that this is just a time triggered process.

Life is too short if you are suffering from diabetes and high blood pressure. Tick this off as a learning opportunity and just make a date, do the tests, and get on with life.

Shouting to the heavens will not make your medicines arrival any quicker!
    Last edited by paw3001; 30th November 2021 at 16:28.

Blog Entries
    Why, thank you Mark.

I've aspired to reach your level of pointless, self-serving, navel-gazing. To have you consider my 'input' as being of the same quality as I consider yours usually to be is praise indeed.

I refer you to Jeremiah 5.21.
    LOL.

One might reasonably suggest that you take heed of that very verse yourself.

It is, however, useful and informative to know what you think of me.

Craftsman
    This thread has been an interesting read.

The remarkable thing is that this could have all been avoided with a simple phone-call from the patient to the practice to verbally make the review appointment and ask for an interim supply.

I've been a community pharmacist for 20 years and as obstructive as some GP practice staff can be I've never seen the above solution fail.

Blog Entries
    Sorry but I disagree. You are clearly arguing with people who do not agree with your frustration and are just repeating the same points.
    Ok, you disagree. I can only say that from my side I am merely re-iterating the facts and correcting misunderstandings, errors, etc. There is no real argument to be had here.

Just accept that not everyone agrees with your need to take offense
    I have no such need. Apparently you believe I do. I'd say that that is your invention.

and ridiculously feeling blackmailed by your surgery. That is plain entitled like behavior
    Good grief, there is nothing "entitled" about hoping to be treated more sensibly than has been the case. And there is nothing ridiculous about describing coercive methodology as a form of blackmail.

You think I am wrong on these points. So be it. I was there, I am there, you're not.

By submitting late and by letter you brought more attention onto yourself
    I think that is an oddly speculative assumption.

and the surgery realised that you needed a medication review and so started the process.
    And this may or may not logically follow from your assumption. Either way, it seems to me to be wholly pointless speculation. I've said what actually happened. You seem happy with the situation as it stands. I am not, and I do not think that any reasonable person should be happy with it.

I am asking you a direct question because if you had been a repeat offender of missing appointments then this could have been flagged on your notes and could have triggered the request.
    It did not. You were just speculating.

Life is too short if you are suffering from diabetes and high blood pressure.
    ROFL! It's not a choice you know.

Shouting to the heavens will not make your medicines arrival any quicker!
    I agree. I have not done so. I came here seeking substantive replies to substantive questions which would, hopefully, put me in a better position to know how best to proceed. That's not "shouting to the heavens".

LOL.

One might reasonably suggest that you take heed of that very verse yourself.

It is, however, useful and informative to know what you think of me.
    Maybe a poll would be a good idea? Imagine, you could get feedback from a broad sample of members what they think of you.

Say the word and I'll arrange it for you.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by joe1978 View Post
    The remarkable thing is that this could have all been avoided with a simple phone-call from the patient to the practice to verbally make the review appointment and ask for an interim supply.
    No, it couldn't. I'd have done that if it was feasible.

As I have already pointed out, the GP surgery does not take prescription requests, renewals, or similar on the phone. They won't even discuss them by phone. It is only possible to request or 'discuss' such things by letter, by prescription counterfoil, by NHS app, or by directly speaking to a GP if that is possible (it's usually not for such issues).

Thus my only option at that stage, operating under the impression that they had merely been incompetent (based upon previous prescription errors they have frequently made), was what I in fact did: I put in a prescription re-request at the next available opportunity for the missing meds.

To be clear, I did not know that they were withholding medication in order to coerce me into booking reviews until after I delivered the prescription re-request. It was only then (yesterday) that they let me know what was going on.

Markrlondon
    What are you going to do to resolve the issue? This is all that matters? You need your meds.
    Last edited by Sinnlover; 30th November 2021 at 17:00.