closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Watch Maker/Modder Near Leeds?

Watch Maker/Modder Near Leeds?

Anybody know a decent one? I’m wanting to switch a crystal on a watch of mine to change it’s appearance, a mini mod if you like, but don’t know anyone and Google isn’t throwing much up. Tried messaging Paul (Walkerwek) of this forum as I know he’s local and does bits but he doesn’t seem to be around these days (hope he’s ok).

Anyone know of anyone else? Cheers in advance.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by davidj54 View Post
    Anybody know a decent one? I’m wanting to switch a crystal on a watch of mine to change it’s appearance, a mini mod if you like, but don’t know anyone and Google isn’t throwing much up. Tried messaging Paul (Walkerwek) of this forum as I know he’s local and does bits but he doesn’t seem to be around these days (hope he’s ok).

Anyone know of anyone else? Cheers in advance.
    Yes buddy, I’m OK, just a bit busy with life and stuff, apologies for forgetting to reply to your PM.

To be totally honest, I’m busy enough with watches and life in general at the moment so I’m declining any job that’s likely to be a balls- ache......and believe me most modifications fall into this category. On that basis I’m not prepared to get involved, if I understand correctly the mod you're talking about to a PRS 25 has been done but I don’t have the details. First headache is removing the bezel and original glass/ seal without marking the case..............sorry but the juice isn’t worth the squeeze for me at the moment.

My strong advice is to accept the watch as it is and don’t mess with it. I’ve worked on several of these, I like them, only reason I don’t own one is the fact that I own 24 other watches!

Every time I’ve agreed to modify a watch for someone I’ve regretted taking the job on, lots of fannying about for little profit. I’ve finally learned to turn them all down, if these jobs go pear-shaped I get the hassle and it just isn’t worth it to me.

Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    Yes buddy, I’m OK, just a bit busy with life and stuff, apologies for forgetting to reply to your PM.

To be totally honest, I’m busy enough with watches and life in general at the moment so I’m declining any job that’s likely to be a balls- ache......and believe me most modifications fall into this category. On that basis I’m not prepared to get involved, if I understand correctly the mod you're talking about to a PRS 25 has been done but I don’t have the details. First headache is removing the bezel and original glass/ seal without marking the case..............sorry but the juice isn’t worth the squeeze for me at the moment.

My strong advice is to accept the watch as it is and don’t mess with it. I’ve worked on several of these, I like them, only reason I don’t own one is the fact that I own 24 other watches!

Every time I’ve agreed to modify a watch for someone I’ve regretted taking the job on, lots of fannying about for little profit. I’ve finally learned to turn them all down, if these jobs go pear-shaped I get the hassle and it just isn’t worth it to me.
    Not a problem Paul and cheers for the input, glad you are keeping well.

Sage advice from Paul (always makes me smile with some of his one liners) but if you are determined to follow through maybe give Paul @ Tempus Watch Mods a shout. He’s done a few watches for me over the years including crystal swaps etc and I’ve always been really impressed with his service.

Cant recall where he is based but he’s quick with replies if you open dialogue with him regarding requirements.

https://www.tempusmods.co.uk/index.html