closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: It was 20 years ago today

It was 20 years ago today

Sadly, it really is 20 years since George Harrison passed away . . .

F.T.F.A.

Grand Master
    Sad that he died earlier than he should have, but I'll not miss any of his music or that of the vastly overrated band he was once in - The Beatles(s)
    /vince ..

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by VinceR View Post
    Sad that he died earlier than he should have, but I'll not miss any of his music or that of the vastly overrated band he was once in - The Beatles(s)
    I love End of The Line by The Traveling Wilburys.

20 years - incredible. It really doesn't seem that long Bob.

I asked my Wife how long since George passed and she said, "about 7 years".
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

http://www.freewebs.com/neil271052

Always thought George songs were some of the best from the Beatles. Doesn't seem like 20 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    20 years - incredible. It really doesn't seem that long Bob.

I asked my Wife how long since George passed and she said, "about 7 years".

Quote Originally Posted by jools View Post
    Always thought George songs were some of the best from the Beatles. Doesn't seem like 20 years.

If asked I'd have said 12-15ish years ago. More sobering is that fact that it's 41 years since John Lennon was murdered, where the hell did all that time go?!!
    Last edited by magirus; 2nd December 2021 at 14:31.
    F.T.F.A.

I worked with George Harrison’s nephew for about 10 years and never realised, on the day George died he shot off and didn’t return for 2 weeks. When he left we jokingly speculated that seeing as he had the same name, was a scouser and he shot off the way he did on the day he died that he was related....little did we know!
    It wasn’t until a forum member on here replied to a post about famous people I realised it was the same person. Can’t remember the member but he used to hang around with George’s nephew in the 70s and would stay at his estate in Henley being driven around by George in his roller. It wasn’t until he said where he last worked and his name that the penny dropped. I gave our member his phone number and they made contact again. I found it difficult to believe he was the nephew of probably one of the most famous people in the music industry over the last 50 years and he never said a thing.

I knew he passed in 2001, but didn't realise today was the anniversary.
    His wonderfull music will always be with us, and if we all shared just a modicum of his compassion and spirituality the world would be a far better place.
    As a footnote, a couple of weeks ago I got myself a Dhani Harrison signature Fender ukelele, I shall have a strum of My Sweet Lord later and think about George.

Sent from my SM-A125F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Ruggertech; 29th November 2021 at 21:36.

I have binge watched the Get Back series of three x two hour episodes around the preparation for recording Let it Be, and the famous rooftop concert.

I was born in Liverpool, but missed out on Beatlemania.

The insights to the relationship between Lennon and McCartney are fascinating, and both openly admit during the recording that they don't embrace the contributions of Harrison to the extent they deserve.

The amount of tobacco consumed during the sessions is unbelievable, each of the main protagonists appears to smoke constantly.

Unfortunately, this was likely a major factor in Harrison's diagnosis of lung cancer.

If you have the Disney+ channel, it is well worth a watch 
    Last edited by W124; 30th November 2021 at 13:51.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruggertech View Post
    I knew he passed in 2001, but didn't realise today was the anniversary.
    His wonderfull music will always be with us, and if we all shared just a modicum of his compassion and spirituality the world would be a far better place.
    As a footnote, a couple of weeks ago I got myself a Dhani Harrison signature Fender ukelele, I shall have a strum of My Sweet Lord later and think about George.

I replaced the truss rod cover on my Taylor with an ebony one inlaid with abalone in the shape of the Om symbol as a nod to George's embracing of Hihduism and a reminder of his guitar playing.

F.T.F.A.

Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    I replaced the truss rod cover on my Taylor with an ebony one inlaid with abalone in the shape of the Om symbol as a nod to George's embracing of Hihduism and a reminder of his guitar playing.

That looks superb, very tastefully done.

That looks superb, very tastefully done.

Thank you. Also, it matches the replacement bridge pins I installed and the strap button I made from a violin end pin.

F.T.F.A.

Thank you. Also, it matches the replacement bridge pins I installed and the strap button I made from a violin end pin.

I always like subtle custom work on any item, of the sort that means something to the owner and isn't in any way "in your face". This falls at the top end of that spectrum, an instrument to be proud of indeed.

I always like subtle custom work on any item, of the sort that means something to the owner and isn't in any way "in your face". This falls at the top end of that spectrum, an instrument to be proud of indeed.
    Thank you again! Just the Gotoh 510 mini tuners to source and my work will be complete. :-)

F.T.F.A.

Thank you again! Just the Gotoh 510 mini tuners to source and my work will be complete. :-)

They'll give your thumb and forefinger a good workout ;) Just googled them, nothing but praise as far as I can see, nice.

If asked I'd have said 12-15ish years ago. More sobering is that fact that it's 42 years since John Lennon was murdered, where the hell did all that time go?!!
    To quote Victor Lewis-Smith, "The Beatles are dying in the wrong order."
    Don't just do something, sit there. - TNH