closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: RSC authentication

RSC authentication

Hi all, hope everyone is indoors away from the frost! Would appreciate an opinion on an incoming purchase. Finally hunted down an A serial zenith that seemed to fit my needs. Recently serviced, working luminova, SEL and the lot. No B & P although that doesn’t really bother me. Comes with the RSC service card.

Seller is a fairly reputable Italian seller on Chrono24 with a brick and mortar.

With the 14 day authentication guarantee I would be inclined to get it authenticated. Problem is I’m based in Ireland, and dealers/watchmakers who would authenticate a watch are far and few between. I could fly over to London and pop into St.James’s. I’m struggling to find a way of getting RSC to authenticate it without leaving the watch there for a week. Would RSC pop the back for a simple ‘adding a link’ request? I could tell them it’s not running to spec and ask for a regulation but that could take awhile couldn’t it. It’s still under the service warranty.

Would appreciate any suggestions on how I can it authenticated within that 14 day period. Here’s some photos. It’s still stuck enroute in France I’d say.

Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Attached Images Attached Images

Rolex at Kings Hill wouldn’t do an authentication for me, the only way I could get it done was via a full service.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by spuds View Post
    Rolex at Kings Hill wouldn’t do an authentication for me, the only way I could get it done was via a full service.
    I’m not surprised, I bet they get all sorts wandering in with fakes.

You’d think you’d offer it for a fee though.

Master
    From what I believe if you go in and purchase a link for the bracelet ask them to fit it for you.
    When they take it in the back they check that it’s genuine/stolen before they put the link on for you.

You will get some paperwork too with the serial number on.

When I took mine in to St James, I explained that I had just bought it and asked if they could run the serial number to see if they had any service history, the nice lady said she could check but if it came back on the stolen list they would retain it, it came back fine but no service history, so peace of mind but no paperwork to prove anything.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by golf View Post
    From what I believe if you go in and purchase a link for the bracelet ask them to fit it for you.
    When they take it in the back they check that it’s genuine/stolen before they put the link on for you.

You will get some paperwork too with the serial number on.
    Yep they will, I didn't knew that when I came in for an extra link on my 16570. Took them like 30 minutes to check and replace

Quote Originally Posted by JasonM View Post
    When I took mine in to St James, I explained that I had just bought it and asked if they could run the serial number to see if they had any service history, the nice lady said she could check but if it came back on the stolen list they would retain it, it came back fine but no service history, so peace of mind but no paperwork to prove anything.
    I did similar with the local AD a few years back after I’d emailed rolex. He was a bit stroppy about it but kept it for 45 minutes or so then returned telling me it wasn’t registered as stolen. I then took it to Bill Rice for a full authentication.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Hi Buddy,

Looks good to me and if it’s from a reputable dealer all should be well. But this would not be the route I would have taken buying an 16520, buddy. I would have looked for a watch closer to home, unless you got a real good deal?
    Call into the local AD (you know the one) -and ask for the bracelet to be resized. As long as it has not been stolen it will be returned back to you in a few minute, sorted. You should also be able to call Rolex to confirm the service.

Mike

Thanks all ! Just got the watch. Bloody lovely one! Still struggling to find time to pop over to RSC. Tempted to just get a proper case back opening tool since I’ve been stuck in the same situation in the past.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Enjoy, thats a very sweet watch and one to keep a hold of. Glad you found such a nice one C!

BW,
    M