closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: INTERESTING UPDATE: Missing parcel to forum member...

Master

INTERESTING UPDATE: Missing parcel to forum member...

*edit*
    Never mind guys, buyer refunded. I'm not having the headache of daily PMs for updates on a parcel I've already provided tracking info on... its 35 quid ffs.

Update... this parcel was delivered (late) but it seems the forum member in question forgot to tell me, and is happy to keep the item along with the refund I sent him.
    I've PMd for his side of things, will update shortly.
    Last edited by kevkojak; 6th December 2021 at 10:47.

Think I’d just refund the 35 bunce and get shot of the problem. Hopefully the member would be good enough to give it back once it lands

Master
    That's what I thought to be honest. It's probably lost and at least its no money. Bloody annoyed though.

Quote Originally Posted by kevkojak View Post
    That's what I thought to be honest. It's probably lost and at least its no money. Bloody annoyed though.
    I was going to add, who gets het up enough to to contact you all the time over 35 quid ffs.

I have given up on sending anything unless it’s tracked and signed next day for this very reason, problem is as far as Royal Mail are concerned you are on your own and I have had this before where items have been lost by RM. May be just a cut your losses case here.

Master
    Refunded, so a dead issue now - the onus was on me as the seller to get it there and sadly Royal Mail have let me down. I'll keep checking the tracking info for it being delivered.

Buyer is a long standing member but appears these days to only to be active in SC and WTB. I had loads of PMs after his from people I've dealt with and know well, but it might have gone missing in the system anyway, no way to tell.

Done with anyway.

If you’ve tracking, you should have at least £50 of cover from RM with your proof of posting, so you’ll be able to claim back.

Any further south and i would have wet feet
    Quote Originally Posted by JGJG View Post
    If you’ve tracking, you should have at least £50 of cover from RM with your proof of posting, so you’ll be able to claim back.
    Only if it was sent 1st or 2nd Signed. A standard proof of purchase is only good for cover up to £20

Quote Originally Posted by village View Post
    Only if it was sent 1st or 2nd Signed. A standard proof of purchase is only good for cover up to £20
    I’m not familiar with any tracked RM products that offer less than £50 cover - what are they?

I’m not familiar with any tracked RM products that offer less than £50 cover - what are they?
    The only 'tracked' method of posting is Special Delivery –*insurance of £500, up to £2500.

1st and 2nd Signed-for will only register on the system when the recipient signs for it –*insurance of £50, up to £250, I think.

All other methods are by the grace of God.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    The only 'tracked' method of posting is Special Delivery –*insurance of £500, up to £2500.

1st and 2nd Signed-for will only register on the system when the recipient signs for it –*insurance of £50, up to £250, I think.

All other methods are by the grace of God.
    No, there is also 24/48 tracked. Can’t remember off hand what the compensation level is, but it’s something.

(As an aside the £500 level in SD appears to be £750 now, on my business account anyway)

Any parcel sent with Royal Mail via any method gets a reference number which you can enter into the tracker to see if it's been (a) received by Royal Mail, and (b) delivered to recipient. It's not necessarily 'tracking' as you only get updates at the start and end of the journey, with nothing in-between, but it's useful as even if you send via the cheap 2nd-class non-signed option you still get £20 of cover from this if it doesn't get delivered.

There are local delivery issues in parts of the country at the moment could be due to this and might still arrive.
    Further in the past had similar with something bought on SC. Seller about to refund but arrived after >2 weeks.
    In this case not sure what the buyer hopes to achieve by contacting you daily.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I sent a package to a fellow member,it was a no show,refund issued.It wasn’t high enough value to send signed for.

Master
    I sent 2 things tracked to forum members.
    One was delivered in 2 days the other took a week. Both where first class signed for.

Refunded, so a dead issue now - the onus was on me as the seller to get it there and sadly Royal Mail have let me down. I'll keep checking the tracking info for it being delivered.

Buyer is a long standing member but appears these days to only to be active in SC and WTB. I had loads of PMs after his from people I've dealt with and know well, but it might have gone missing in the system anyway, no way to tell.

Done with anyway.

Master
    As a few have said, the post is all over the place since Covid started. I send out 50-100 parcels a day at work and several get delayed every day. People are wearing thin with the Covid reason, but it is still valid and happening daily

For some reason i see a lot more delays with smaller packets/large letter format even though they all go first class

Craftsman
    I was pretty lucky recently, had two parcels sent to me both by 1st class signed delivery and both arrived next day.

I personally will only use special delivery for valuable items and standard post for non-valuable items.

Craftsman
    I bought something on eBay which hadn’t arrived after three weeks, so eBay refunded the cost. The next day, the parcel turned up in my letter box. The address was very neatly hand-written, but had the wrong house number - 10 doors away in the same road. My neighbour had taken two weeks to get around to dropping it through my door.

Sellers—where possible, use a printer for address labels, using a copy of the buyer’s address supplied by the buyer. I also take a photo of the made up parcel with the address label on it. It is not definitive proof of posting, but it is at least something.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tatters View Post
    Sellers—where possible, use a printer for address labels, using a copy of the buyer’s address supplied by the buyer.
    This. And make sure that copy of the address is done with a copy and paste where possibly.

I live at number 8 but over the years I've had a number of parcels go awry due to transcription errors by the sender. E.g. A sender writing "6" or "2" instead of of "8".

I had a spate of misdeliveries where turned out that the postman had very poor eyesight; he could not distinguish handwritten 8s from 6s reliably. Thus absolute clarity and BIG CHARACTERS are helpful.

More recently, Royal Mail have been made aware that number 2 in my street has been divided into multiple flat. This information has made its way to the postcode database that many couriers use. Thus when senders look for "8 My Street" the first thing they find using a lookup tool is "Flat 8, 2 My Street" and they select this! This is happening increasingly often. It's a new kind of transcription error.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatters View Post
    I bought something on eBay which hadn’t arrived after three weeks, so eBay refunded the cost. The next day, the parcel turned up in my letter box. The address was very neatly hand-written, but had the wrong house number - 10 doors away in the same road. My neighbour had taken two weeks to get around to dropping it through my door.

Sellers—where possible, use a printer for address labels, using a copy of the buyer’s address supplied by the buyer. I also take a photo of the made up parcel with the address label on it. It is not definitive proof of posting, but it is at least something.
    Loads of sellers on eBay don't have a properly formatted post code - often all lower case and w/o space. Maybe still valid but doesn't help themselves.

Master
    Interesting update.. . This parcel arrived on Wednesday the 1st December, tracking info shows it delivered and a signature from the postie.

The forum member has never been in touch to tell me so... in fact he never even got back in touch to acknowledge the refund I sent him after his badgering for updates!
    I'm going to give him today to make this right but I'm pretty pissed off, regardless of the item value.

Master
    Interesting update.. . This parcel arrived on Wednesday the 1st December, tracking info shows it delivered and a signature from the postie.

The forum member has never been in touch to tell me so... in fact he never even got back in touch to acknowledge the refund I sent him after his badgering for updates!
    I'm going to give him today to make this right but I'm pretty pissed off, regardless of the item value.
    Will you name and shame, as there is sufficient info to include them in my do not deal with list. Thank you.

Ill never understand how a member would risk their reputation on here over such a amount.
    Cheers..
    Jase

It's possible the member doesn't know it's arrived, e.g. if they're away from home traveling etc.

But not acknowledging the refund does seem odd though.

Quote Originally Posted by joe narvey View Post
    Will you name and shame, as there is sufficient info to include them in my do not deal with list. Thank you.
    Certainly is, had the item not arrived you can bet they would have contacted asking where it was, shoes on the other foot now and we see the true colours, I for one wouldn't want to deal with this person - whoever they are?..

Master
    Member has just been on to let me know they've been away and only just got back. Someone accepted the parcel on Wednesday morning though, so I'm sure a ten second PM could have been fired off. Still quite miffed but for this sort of amount it's not worth a fuss, if it had been a watch or a piece of jewellery it'd be another story.

Member has just been on to let me know they've been away and only just got back. Someone accepted the parcel on Wednesday morning though, so I'm sure a ten second PM could have been fired off. Still quite miffed but for this sort of amount it's not worth a fuss, if it had been a watch or a piece of jewellery it'd be another story.
    Interesting that they have now got back in touch, I assume it was the buyer of your Rugby shirt? - https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...-brand-new-XXL

Update... this parcel was delivered (late) but it seems the forum member in question forgot to tell me, and is happy to keep the item along with the refund I sent him.
    I've PMd for his side of things, will update shortly.
    If that is his stance then it certainly qualifies for a Villain post.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

I'm presuming the refund has been refunded?
    F.T.F.A.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by murkeywaters View Post
    Interesting that they have now got back in touch, I assume it was the buyer of your Rugby shirt? - https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...-brand-new-XXL

No not that one, was for a load of hotwheels cars (I know... I'm nearly 40 years old)

Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    I'm presuming the refund has been refunded?
    Yep, all sorted now and really not worth pursuing without wanting to start mud-slinging. More than likely an oversight, parcel left in the garden in a "safe place" which has happened to me on occasion.

Once bought something from eBay and was disappointed it didn't arrive so had to let the seller know and requested a refund. About a month later, the neighbour tells me they have had a package for me for a month. The postman didn't leave a card and the neighbour didn't bother telling me they had the package for a month.

As an aside, last week I had a photo notification that a parcel had been delivered!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    As an aside, last week I had a photo notification that a parcel had been delivered!
    Yuk! That's grim.

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    Once bought something from eBay and was disappointed it didn't arrive so had to let the seller know and requested a refund. About a month later, the neighbour tells me they have had a package for me for a month. The postman didn't leave a card and the neighbour didn't bother telling me they had the package for a month.
    We’ve had this, son purchased a webcam from Amazon, which was tagged as being delivered. Asked all our neighbours who would normally accept our parcels but nothing, then a month later the girl from 2 doors away just left a package on our doorstep, not even a knock. Turned out to be the webcam. I assume that they must have been miffed that we were too lazy to come round and collect it but we weren’t carded so had no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    I once ordered a replacement laptop battery from eBay and the guy delivering it did the same but it happened to be bin day so when I got back from work there was nice empty bin.