closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Black Friday - what did you buy that you didn’t need?

Black Friday - what did you buy that you didn’t need?

I’ll kick it off, a great charity so very happy to buy it really but snagged a Help for Heroes hoody. Mind you I managed to avoid the 25% off Leatherman and various endless motorcycle BF email offers.

Master
    5 Tee shirts in the Triumph outlet sale ! Thats 5 of my precious “old” Tees my missus will expect to be binned!

4 more 'diary of a wimpy kid' books from Amazon. My 9yr old has demolished books 1-10 since half term, which is amazing as she's not been much of a reader thus far

Blog Entries
    Half price hd 10" fire tablet on Amazon.
    Don't need it.

Near 5kg of Celebrations from Amazon, dear oh dear

Master
    I've got a proper "thing" against Black Friday... I still firmly agree we should leave it to the yanks and concentrate on our tradition of Boxing Day sales.
    Even so, I've been bombarded with emails all day and I gave in to a few... new paid of Adidas classics, some nikes I'll never wear ( SC in 18 months once I've come to terms with the fact I'm nearly 40!).

Oh, and a few bits of Lego for the kids Xmas stocking and a huge pile of Funko POP figures (nope, not even for the kids those)

Purchased a skipping rope for the home gym...

Cheapest Black Friday I've ever had...

Couldn't resist! Should arrive early next week.

Master
    Eufy X8 Hybrid… yep, a blooming robot vacuum cleaner.

Also bought a pair of All Saints boots and a few things from Matchless that I really didn’t need either.

Quote Originally Posted by M1011 View Post

Snap!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had this on my Ebay watch list for a long time and the seller offered me a 50% discount.

Milk. Didn't realise we already had some in the fridge.

Quote Originally Posted by Caruso View Post
    Had this on my Ebay watch list for a long time and the seller offered me a 50% discount.
    Nice. Linky?

Quote Originally Posted by Max... View Post
    I’ll kick it off, a great charity so very happy to buy it really but snagged a Help for Heroes hoody. Mind you I managed to avoid the 25% off Leatherman and various endless motorcycle BF email offers.
    Because of you I just bought a Help for Heroes polo top!

A sh*tload of discounted cat food from Amazon and a titanium Slava watch (15% off!) from Russia.

only a watch, i found the black friday has been diluted into just another so so week long sale with one hell of a great deal of smoke and mirrors.

black friday is officialy crap now

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by higham5 View Post
    5 Tee shirts in the Triumph outlet sale ! Thats 5 of my precious “old” Tees my missus will expect to be binned!
    I bought a couple even though I don't own a Triumph any more, that said I've owned two Triumphs since 2007 and will probably end up with another one day. Eight quid + P&P!

Not too many Black Friday Tee shirts for Fireblades!

Mostly I think BF is a rip off, Which? claim 95% of offers are available cheaper elsewhere in the year...

Planning on buying a CW Blue Dartmouth. Don’t need it, but want it.

Quote Originally Posted by Max... View Post
    Nice. Linky?
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Electrician.../dp/B089YSRFY6

A Dewalt 18v impact driver for £49 but I already have two.

The wife has just bought a Karen Millen dress that she’s had her eye on for £121 instead of £225.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Bought a Sage Barista Express to replace my broken Delonghi but not looked for anything else

Perfect for my son’s Christmas present... got a link?

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Tony, it could well be this:
    https://www.jurawatches.co.uk/produc...mw-b5000rd-4er

Quote Originally Posted by jukeboxs View Post
    I bought it here for £225 (using code SAVE15), however now showing out-of-stock in the basket: https://www.hsamuel.co.uk/webstore/d...Bracelet+Watch

This is the same original discount to £240 (and I think actually the same company as Jukeboxs linked above), not sure if any working codes with this one to reduce further: https://www.cwsellors.co.uk/collecti...mw-b5000rd-4er

Quote Originally Posted by jukeboxs View Post
    I bought it here for £225 (using code SAVE15), however now showing out-of-stock in the basket: https://www.hsamuel.co.uk/webstore/d...Bracelet+Watch

This is the same original discount to £240 (and I think actually the same company as Jukeboxs linked above), not sure if any working codes with this one to reduce further: https://www.cwsellors.co.uk/collecti...mw-b5000rd-4er
    Thanks both!

Blog Entries
    For the workshop: 2 liter-size ultrasoon cleaning device. 50% off. I have a small one at home for bracelet, rings etc. But this is industrial/heavy use.

Mrs P wanted a room bot autonomous cleaner thingy, apparently we're the only people in the village without one! And I've chanced my arm on one of these little beauties, size wise it's towards my limit on the small end, but looks so nice AND with good WR, reckon it'll make a good GADA vintage styled dressier piece.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rr4IE6teMWg

Don't really mind the name, IRON WATCH, and at just a shade over 200 gbp including express delivery, bargain.
    Last edited by Passenger; 27th November 2021 at 11:13.

Master
    Absolutely nothing. I have decided that I am too late in life to buy lots of c*ap for my kids to clear when I am gone. I still remember clearing my dad's workshop of "cheap" tools and materials that he had bought, when retired and used once or not at all. Most of it went into a skip. So sad because he always told me to buy the best tools, to do the best job you can. As I have got older, I have been bombarded with "targeted" advertising for (not so) tempting offers! I have had to get quite firm with my 96 year old mum who still buys from "old peoples" catalogues and I get the job of sending back the c*ap and sorting out refunds etc!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Roomba arriving today - missus hates stepping on crumbs in the kitchen and I'd like one for the comedy reaction we'll get off the cat.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Martylaa View Post
    Purchased a skipping rope for the home gym...

Cheapest Black Friday I've ever had...
    Out of interest which one did you buy?

Sent from my moto g(8) power lite using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by SimonH View Post
    I bought a couple even though I don't own a Triumph any more, that said I've owned two Triumphs since 2007 and will probably end up with another one day. Eight quid + P&P!

Not too many Black Friday Tee shirts for Fireblades!

Mostly I think BF is a rip off, Which? claim 95% of offers are available cheaper elsewhere in the year...
    What’s the sizing like with Triumph stuff?

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Scepticalist View Post
    Roomba arriving today - missus hates stepping on crumbs in the kitchen and I'd like one for the comedy reaction we'll get off the cat.
    Just wait until she trips over it... Get your spare room ready

Quote Originally Posted by Scepticalist View Post
    We had one but it escaped out the front door. Was slightly concerned as it has no natural predators in the wild, but then I remembered, nature abhors a vacuum.

Thanks both!
    Now added this to my Black Friday spending too, worth a look at £63 after using code BF10 (few other variants available as well but this was my favourite)

https://www.thbaker.co.uk/casio-g-sh...gw-m5610u-1ber

I'll probably get an AliExpress kit in to add to this, always good fun with the squares

Bought an Original Montgomery duffle coat on Amazon for £190, like I need another coat or jacket...
    I'm a bit underwhelmed with it TBH so it'll probably go back, I'll try and make do with the three parka's I already have that I've never worn.

Quote Originally Posted by tixntox View Post
    Absolutely nothing. I have decided that I am too late in life to buy lots of c*ap for my kids to clear when I am gone.
    Same.

Master
    Fallkniven F1x, wasn’t discounted but I definitely don’t need it. Never go camping or hunting, but you never know!

Wife rolling her eyes incessantly
    Last edited by demonloop; 28th November 2021 at 13:48.

I bought a watch on eBay for £375.00 just to get £75.00s worth of Nectar points as it was 50x Nectar points for 1 hour only.

I like the watch but will probably not wear it much tbh.

Panic buy I guess

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Master
    An electric shaver - but I’ve got 3 already!

Quote Originally Posted by Caruso View Post
    We had one but it escaped out the front door. Was slightly concerned as it has no natural predators in the wild, but then I remembered, nature abhors a vacuum.
    Very goodthumbsup:

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by tixntox View Post
    Absolutely nothing. I have decided that I am too late in life to buy lots of c*ap for my kids to clear when I am gone. I still remember clearing my dad's workshop of "cheap" tools and materials that he had bought, when retired and used once or not at all. Most of it went into a skip. So sad because he always told me to buy the best tools, to do the best job you can. As I have got older, I have been bombarded with "targeted" advertising for (not so) tempting offers! I have had to get quite firm with my 96 year old mum who still buys from "old peoples" catalogues and I get the job of sending back the c*ap and sorting out refunds etc!
    I had a problem with my late mum she only used the free catalogs in the mail on Sunday and i had a nasty shock as I was having to open and read all her mail by then getting a threatening letter from one who sold her a jumper via a credit account she couldn’t remember sighing up to as she was getting very ill and confused, despicable people.

ha! black friday schmiday - easy to dodge - have cut my teeth on a wife and xmas markets !!!

so far this year all we have is wine, cheese, chutney, pies and more wine - not a bargain but will all get used

Craftsman
    I never usually give in but one of my best ever buys was a Filson briefcase in 2016. You never saw them reduced at the time and you probably still don’t. Sure it was 1/3rd off.

Splurged on some home brewing equipment which allows me to control the temperature (thrilling I know!) of my beer, and then found a 60% off for Wolf email in my inbox, and bought a bedside valet tray.
    A successful day all round I think.

I bought another Triumph bike jacket - £450 down to about £70 (I now have 8 bike jackets, all fully armoured, which is far too many). Also another Greenpan casserole dish we could have survived without (55% off, so could have been worse).

I usually don't give a damn about Black Friday, but this time i gave Black Friday deals a chance and it worked out very well: I ran into a 30% voucher on this lovely book i've been eyeing for a wile, snapped it up immediately :)