closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Bezel misalignment - how hard is it to fix?

Master

Question Bezel misalignment - how hard is it to fix?

I have got a life, not a loupe. So when I can spit a misaligned bezel, it must be off. How hard are they to fix? I have one watch with minimal misalignment on the bezel (I might worry about it at its next service) and another with a little more misalignment (irritating because – once spotted – I can’t unsee it). If I can find a reliable watchmaker, how costly is bezel alignment?

Master
    Really depends what watch
    If it has a bezel insert that probably needs pressing out then pressing back in correctly
    If it’s a solid bezel that’s another matter

Timely thread as I just sent my watch back to the manufacturer under warranty to get the bezel realigned. Sorted in about 8 weeks FOC.

Master
    Depends entirely on the watch but theoretically it's easy because you're replacing a part, be it the insert or the entire bezel.

Bezel misalignment - how hard is it to fix?

I did it on a number of Seiko divers over the years.
    Provided the insert can be removed (carefully with a razor or Stanley blade - they were well glued, and quite bendy!)

Also used to regularly swap the insert on my Rolex GMT from coke to Pepsi and vice versa.

Even swapped a Tudor BB insert a year or so ago. Was fine.

Just Google the watch in question and there will be loads of info from someone who has done it before you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro