This is more by way of catharsis than anything else.

I have Generalised Anxiety Disorder (GAD), which means I am anxious all the time (bit of co-morbid mild depression for good measure). It is well-managed by SSRI medication, or at least was.

After about 7 years, I find out that the SSRIs (antidepressant medication, Selective Serotonin Uptake Inhibitor) sometimes just stop working. Just like that. Last week, my anxiety was back as bad as it had ever been. I was ultra worried that I was getting this terrible anxiety despite being on the maximum dose!

Spoke to the doctor, who allayed my fears and confirmed that they do just stop working, and prescribed a different one, as well as some sleeping tablets.

I am now in the teeth of acclimatising to the new meds, which includes side effects of even higher anxiety and big insomnia. The sleeping tabs help, but I can't take them every day as they can become addictive. The acclimitisation will take at least two weeks.

I know that at most I have another couple of weeks to suffer through before things stabilise, but with anxiety and lack of sleep (which can be up to no sleep at all), I am in bits. Very glad I work from home, and can just about function.

Anyway, just to vent, and reach out in solidarity to all on here that are fighting our mental health demons. Keep the faith fellow (and ladies), it DOES get better.

Just to add, it hasn't stopped me from buying watches... Geckota sale.