closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RIP Peter Skinner (paskinner)

RIP Peter Skinner (paskinner)

Just heard from a mutual friend that forum member Peter Skinner (paskinner) died last Sunday after a short illness at 71.

RIP Peter.
    Last edited by Nagraboy; 25th November 2021 at 12:36.

I am very sorry to hear this, that's a real shock. He was such a part of this forum.

Master
    Thoughts and condolences go out to his family and friends. RIP.

Master
    Very sad to hear. Met up with him and went to his flat for a watch deal - a nice chap.

RIP Peter

So sorry to hear that.

RIP Peter

RIP Peter, that comes as quite a shock. Very sad for his family and friends, and a loss to TZ.

Best wishes to his family. Difficult time for them

Really sorry to hear that - RIP

Very sad to hear that, I always enjoyed his posts.

Master
    Very sad to hear. RIP Peter.

Journeyman
    I was meant to write a thread but was contemplating what to write I knew peter skinner for 36 years I was 12 when I met him as he was selling a phono cartridge for a turntable the the add was placed in hifi answers, he was amazed by my passion of Hi End audio considering my young age. I went to the BBC with my brother to meet peter not realising he was the news room editor that was the kind of person he was very humble. Over these years we became very close friends there was a time where we would speak every day for at least 20 years. He was like a father to me and helped me at the start of my business I was 14 at the time and also helped me throughout with wise words of wisdom. I in one sense introduced to watches many years back when i purchased a Patek nautilus power reserve for £6000 back in those days band new which seemed a lot of money back then lol. Around 2105 peter lost his interest in audio but increased his passion for watches. I spoke to peter on Friday while he was in hospital, and was meant to visit him this week sadly this never happened i got the sad news on Sunday after a phone call from his partner. Peter will be missed by many who knew him for his kindness and generosity and someone who was never afraid to speak his mind I for one most certainly miss my old friend

Very sad indeed. It's always a shock when one of us departs. RIP.
    F.T.F.A.

That's awful news.

I didn't always agree with him but he was an interesting contributer to the forum.

Thoughts are with his family. RIP.

Master
    Sad news indeed. Condolences to his family and friends.

Sad to hear R.I.P...Peter

Sad news indeed, RIP Peter.

Sent from my SM-A125F using Tapatalk

Wondering why people with no interest in watches are on a watch forum?
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cygnus View Post
    I was meant to write a thread but was contemplating what to write I knew peter skinner for 36 years I was 12 when I met him as he was selling a phono cartridge for a turntable the the add was placed in hifi answers, he was amazed by my passion of Hi End audio considering my young age. I went to the BBC with my brother to meet peter not realising he was the news room editor that was the kind of person he was very humble. Over these years we became very close friends there was a time where we would speak every day for at least 20 years. He was like a father to me and helped me at the start of my business I was 14 at the time and also helped me throughout with wise words of wisdom. I in one sense introduced to watches many years back when i purchased a Patek nautilus power reserve for £6000 back in those days band new which seemed a lot of money back then lol. Around 2105 peter lost his interest in audio but increased his passion for watches. I spoke to peter on Friday while he was in hospital, and was meant to visit him this week sadly this never happened i got the sad news on Sunday after a phone call from his partner. Peter will be missed by many who knew him for his kindness and generosity and someone who was never afraid to speak his mind I for one most certainly miss my old friend

Lovely words.

RIP

Very sad news. RIP. My thoughts are with his family and friends.

I only pm’d him last week to see if he was ok 😳
    Met up a few times genuinely interesting and lovely guy with amazing stories to to tell of his days as the bbc news desk editor
    Real shame
    Rip

Tragic news. I always enjoyed his contributions on here, he will be sorely missed. RIP.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear about this, and to those who knew him as a friend I'm sorry for your loss.

Master
    Very sad news. RIP Peter and condolences to Peter’s family.
    Seemed a genuinely nice guy from email exchanges I had with him.

Master
    So, so sad. RIP Peter.

That comes as quite a shock.

Very sad news. As others have said, I didn’t always agree with his views… but it’s just a forum.

RIP

Sent using Tapatalk. Excuse the lack of apostrophes.

Sorry to see such sad news about one of our own. Best wishes to those who knew him well. RIP.

Very sad news, he was a regular contributor when I first joined, I remember some lovely watches passing through his hands.

Condolences to his family and those who knew him.

He came across as a well balanced fella and he seems to have been liked by those who knew him.
    RIP paskinner.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Master
    I never had the privilege of conversing with Peter but always sad when a TZ-UK member passes away.

RIP Peter.

I'm sorry for the loss of your friend. RIP, Peter.

Shocked and saddened to learn of this.

RIP Peter, my condolences to his family and friends.

Absolutely shocked to hear this. My condolences to his family and friends.

Craftsman
    As already said lovely words and very sorry to hear of his passing, never corresponded with Peter but throughly enjoyed his threads and participation to the forum RIP

RIP Peter, Brother WIS.

Horrible news.

I liked Peter a lot.

A lot of knowledge and was a well respected member here.

RIP Peter.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

http://www.freewebs.com/neil271052

No dealings personally, but I found he always injected some balance and perspective. My condolences to his family and friends. Rest in peace, Peter.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Sad news indeed and I’m at a loss for words.
    Cheers,

Ben

..... for I have become the Jedi of flippers

" an extravagance is anything you buy that is of no earthly use to your wife "

Blog Entries
    Sad to see a member passing, condolences to his family.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Very sad. I have personally met with peter several times over the last couple of years and always enjoyed my coffees with him.

Sorry to hear

RIP Peter
    Thank you, very well said and very true. I also knew (not so well) Peter through the audio world.

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk

This is very sad to hear, I very much enjoyed Peter's presence on the forum. Thoughts with his friends and family.

Master
    Sad news, RIP.

Craftsman
    Very sad news, RIP Peter. I can only hope that I touch people's lives as positively as he has, judging on Cygnus' post - a kind man. Thoughts to his family and friends.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Master
    Sad to hear this. RIP

Very sad news. RIP Peter and strength to his loved ones.

Master
    Sad news indeed, my thoughts go out to his friends & family

Blog Entries
    Too young! RIP Peter.

Master
    Thats a pity, i always enjoyed his posts, and 71 is no age nowadays,

RIP peter.

Very sad to hear of a member passing. RIP.

Sad news. Condolences to his family.