closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Got COVID!

Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    I believe you are wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    I don't understand what makes it so difficult to comprehend that vaccines are the only way out of this mess.

Link for UK: https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ford-scientist

The equivalent also exists in several EU countries.

Regarding the vaccinated vs non vaccinated ratio in hospital it is a mathematical evidence that has nothing to do with the efficacy of the vaccine: if you painted a red dot on more and more people’s forehead, you would see the percentage of dotted people in hospital would increase and become a majority, without creating a causative link between their hospitalisation and the dot.
    Is there any actual data on icu numbers and vaccine status? That link is an opinion piece by a professor responsible for the AZ vaccine. I’m not suggesting he’s wrong, but without actual figures …

Why would so many red dots in hospital still not raise questions about the vaccine’s efficacy? Surely if the vaccine was the perfect answer all red dots should be at home with mild cold symptoms?

Again that is entirely misleading. While the chances for an infected vaccinated person of transmitting the virus are broadly similar to those of an unvaccinated, the chances of the vaccinated person to be infected in the first place are much lower than an unvaccinated one, and if in turn he is surrounded by vaccinated people he less likely to infect them.
    I believe you are wrong.

There’s is no doubt the vaccines are a good thing but by itself, with no other precautionary measures in place, you might as well give people biscuits.
    Last edited by Onelasttime; 29th November 2021 at 09:12.

Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    Why would so many red dots in hospital still not raise questions about the vaccine’s efficacy? Surely if the vaccine was the perfect answer all red dots should be at home with mild cold symptoms?

I believe you are wrong.

There’s is no doubt the vaccines are a good thing but by itself, with no other precautionary measures in place, you might as well give people biscuits.
    The first part is non sensical. The red dots I mentioned are not vaccine related, they are just an illustration as to why, regardless of how good/bad the vaccine is, the numbers in hospital will rise. Sure, the dots are totally random and people may be in hospital for different reasons but you will be able to write exactly the same thing about the dots as you did about the vaccines.

The second part is fully documented. It is not wrong.

The last is a straw man: no one suggested vaccines were the only thing you needed to do/have. I don’t think anyone even suggested we might get rid of Covid: it’s here to stay for the moment. However while it may not be sufficient, having the vaccine certainly is a necessary condition to fight it off on a population level. And keeping it up to date, regardless how many times it is necessary, whether to counter waning immunity or to combat a new variant.
    On a personal level it is possible to fight off the virus by staying completely isolated from anyone outside your bubble (this is what NZ did at a population level at the beginning of the pandemic). You can order whatever you need online nowadays, WFH, and if you live in the countryside you may enjoy healthy long walks. But the one thing you cannot do is have anyone from your bubble putting a foot wrong.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Craftsman
    As an add-on to my previous post on this thread, something I'm wondering if bigger brains than mine could answer..My wife and I went a bit deaf during our COVID period ! Maybe? or Crazy?

As I mentioned, on day 5 of this thing (tested positive at the very beginning of November) Mrs Bazzman and I lost smell and taste, they began to come back on day 10 or so.
    But over the last week or so, maybe about day 20, my wife said to me while watching TV, isn't it a bit loud? And it was. On our TV the sound shows as a number, we normally have it about 15-16 or so.
    It was up at 20!

My point is, is there any way, when smell and taste go, that hearing could be affected too? Seems a long shot on one hand, but then ear, nose, throat, they're all connected, certainly in the medical world.
    Or was it just coincidence? Or maybe we were a bit bunged up? Didn't seem to be bunged up, as ears didn't pop in the way they can.

Have been reluctant to mention this as doubtless will be called an eejit or worse.

My best to all on here who have been affected, as the OP said, it's not nice at all. Am still coughing but slowly, slowly, am on the mend, I hope. Day 29!

Cheers all take care out there...
    Barry

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Bazzman View Post
    As an add-on to my previous post on this thread, something I'm wondering if bigger brains than mine could answer..My wife and I went a bit deaf during our COVID period ! Maybe? or Crazy?

I'm not a medical professional, but - I think a respiratory disease can cause that sometimes.

Googled this: https://www.medstarhealth.org/blog/sudden-hearing-loss

Every year in the U.S., one in 5,000 people experience sudden sensorineural hearing loss, or sudden hearing loss. This is considered a medical emergency, but one of the most common causes is something that appears seemingly harmless: upper respiratory tract infections. In fact, one in four patients with sudden hearing loss had an upper respiratory infection within a month before the hearing loss. Of the identifiable causes of sudden hearing loss, the vast majority are due to viruses, such as upper respiratory tract infections.

Master
    Just my personal experience, but our young daughter tested positive for Covid last Monday, along with most of her classmates.

My wife and I are both fully vaccinated, some 6 months ago now, as are the majority of the parents in the school which is a small rural one.

Neither my wife or I tested positive via PCR on the same day we took our daughter to be tested, and so far 8 days in we are still negative via the daily LFTs we’re doing.

Neither of us have any symptoms either.

Whatever the arguments on efficacy or long term effects, and without wishing to speak too soon, the vaccines do seem to have broken chains of transmission amongst our own family and the majority of the parents we’ve been speaking too whose children are also infected.

Quote Originally Posted by Tooks View Post
    Just my personal experience, but our young daughter tested positive for Covid last Monday, along with most of her classmates.

My wife and I are both fully vaccinated, some 6 months ago now, as are the majority of the parents in the school which is a small rural one.

Neither my wife or I tested positive via PCR on the same day we took our daughter to be tested, and so far 8 days in we are still negative via the daily LFTs we’re doing.

Neither of us have any symptoms either.

Whatever the arguments on efficacy or long term effects, and without wishing to speak too soon, the vaccines do seem to have broken chains of transmission amongst our own family and the majority of the parents we’ve been speaking too whose children are also infected.
    Imagine if you'd had a biscuit instead!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post
    Imagine if you'd had a biscuit instead!
    Quite! :-D

But I’ll have a plain chocolate hob nob if you’re offering…

Got COVID!

Wrong section
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    It's not based on your or my beliefs. It#s based on a broad scientific consensus.

Again, I don't understand why that is difficult to comprehend.

People make poor choices all the time; most of the time those choices usually only impact them but invariably they also have an impact on others and society as a whole.

For example; some people drive in a dangerous way ... that has risks to others. Some people are morbidly obese which mainly is a problem for them but society still has to pick up the bill when they need NHS treatment ... much like smoking now that the passive smoking risk has been addressed by legislation.

Society is full of laws that exist to limit the poor choices of some for the benefit of society and I see vaccine adoption as just another example of this.

We only have to have these laws because some/many people will always make the selfish choice rather than act for the common good ...

I only know of two anti vax'ers and they both also have fairly strong religious views ... I wonder if there is a correlation?

Quote Originally Posted by Montello View Post
    I only know of two anti vax'ers and they both also have fairly strong religious views ... I wonder if there is a correlation?
    Interesting you would ask that. Here is a venn diagram of Covid deniers, Brexit folk and religious nutcases:

Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

Tested positive yesterday! Feeling rough, fluctuating temperature and shivers with a constant headache. Hoping this doesn't last for 10 days or get worse.

Double vaccinated and a week away from my booster.

Moved into the spare room. There's always TZ-UK to cheer me up.

Master

Got COVID!

People make poor choices all the time; most of the time those choices usually only impact them but invariably they also have an impact on others and society as a whole.

For example; some people drive in a dangerous way ... that has risks to others. Some people are morbidly obese which mainly is a problem for them but society still has to pick up the bill when they need NHS treatment ... much like smoking now that the passive smoking risk has been addressed by legislation.

Society is full of laws that exist to limit the poor choices of some for the benefit of society and I see vaccine adoption as just another example of this.

We only have to have these laws because some/many people will always make the selfish choice rather than act for the common good ...

So would you be for a law that mandates compulsory vaccination?

And if so what is the punishment for those who refuse; a fine, a custodial sentence. Perhaps a custodial sentence for refusing to pay a fine? Would we really to live in a country that sends people to jail for not getting vaccinated?

And the next time a Governement thinks a medical procedure is beneficial, what happens then. The same, how many of these procedures will government be compelling us to undergo in 5, 10, 20 years?

Personally I wouldn't advocate compulsory vaccination, yes, there has to be freedom of choice I agree.
    But if someone does choose not to be vaccinated, then as far as I'm concerned that choice should result in no admittance to pubs, restaurants, concerts, sports events, public transport etc.

Sent from my SM-A125F using Tapatalk

I’m 10 days into symptoms and it’s been thoroughly unpleasant so far, like a procession of different issues. It started with aches and a temperature, plus a ludicrously runny nose. About like a bad head cold.

It progressed through days 3-6 with a worsening cough and increasing shortness of breath, still a temperature and the development of absolute, bone-crushing fatigue.

A week in, my sense of smell packed up completely. I’m nose-blind, though my tongue still works. I can distinguish tea from coffee, salt from sugar etc but that’s all. My best perception is of salty/umami flavours and acids, like citrus. Non-olfactory “flavours” like chilli heat are unaffected.

Now my temperature is normal, my cough is almost gone but climbing the stairs still feels like the North face of the Eiger. I’m smelling occasional whiffs of smoke (someone above likened it to stale cigarettes, that’s it exactly) but otherwise nothing at all. And I’ve developed tinnitus, just for a bit of variety. I’ve had it in my right ear for about two years following a head injury but it has now become bilateral and changed from a whistle type tone to something more akin to white noise. Still desperately tired as well.

TL/DR: covid is rubbish and it’s well worth trying to avoid it. I’m double jabbed but since it was AZ and second dose a good 5 months back now, I guess it was always less likely to prevent infection. Horribly easy to see how quickly the symptoms could land someone in hospital though.

Also, weirdly in view of the fact that I’m officially out of isolation tomorrow, I’m still showing a strong positive on a lateral flow test…

Quote Originally Posted by skmark View Post
    Tested positive yesterday! Feeling rough, fluctuating temperature and shivers with a constant headache. Hoping this doesn't last for 10 days or get worse.

Double vaccinated and a week away from my booster.

Moved into the spare room. There's always TZ-UK to cheer me up.
    Quote Originally Posted by PreacherCain View Post
    I’m 10 days into symptoms and it’s been thoroughly unpleasant so far, like a procession of different issues. It started with aches and a temperature, plus a ludicrously runny nose. About like a bad head cold.

It progressed through days 3-6 with a worsening cough and increasing shortness of breath, still a temperature and the development of absolute, bone-crushing fatigue.

A week in, my sense of smell packed up completely. I’m nose-blind, though my tongue still works. I can distinguish tea from coffee, salt from sugar etc but that’s all. My best perception is of salty/umami flavours and acids, like citrus. Non-olfactory “flavours” like chilli heat are unaffected.

Now my temperature is normal, my cough is almost gone but climbing the stairs still feels like the North face of the Eiger. I’m smelling occasional whiffs of smoke (someone above likened it to stale cigarettes, that’s it exactly) but otherwise nothing at all. And I’ve developed tinnitus, just for a bit of variety. I’ve had it in my right ear for about two years following a head injury but it has now become bilateral and changed from a whistle type tone to something more akin to white noise. Still desperately tired as well.

TL/DR: covid is rubbish and it’s well worth trying to avoid it. I’m double jabbed but since it was AZ and second dose a good 5 months back now, I guess it was always less likely to prevent infection. Horribly easy to see how quickly the symptoms could land someone in hospital though.

Also, weirdly in view of the fact that I’m officially out of isolation tomorrow, I’m still showing a strong positive on a lateral flow test…

All the best guys, hope there is a full recovery for both of you and your kin.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruggertech View Post
    Personally I wouldn't advocate compulsory vaccination, yes, there has to be freedom of choice I agree.
    But if someone does choose not to be vaccinated, then as far as I'm concerned that choice should result in no admittance to pubs, restaurants, concerts, sports events, public transport etc.

No I wouldn’t advocate compulsory vaccination but I would like to see a requirement for vaccine passports to enter pubs, restaurants, airports etc.

Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    I too find it incredible that people believe that not having the vaccine is a sensible decision, it beggars belief.
    I have to agree with that statement. I'm triple jabbed and flu vaccinated. I have a lower immune system due to disability. One of my closest friends who I love dearly, councils me on not getting jabbed? His family quote Neil Oliver and wearing abstention to the vaccine like a red badge of courage!!

Craftsman
    Choosing not to get vaccinated is an entirely emotional decision, not a logical one.

Therefore any attempt to persuade such a person using logic only, is destined for failure.

Sent from my LE2123 using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodder View Post
    So would you be for a law that mandates compulsory vaccination??
    No I wouldn’t advocate compulsory vaccination but I would like to see a requirement for vaccine passports to enter pubs, restaurants, airports etc.

This is the only sensible conclusion in my opinion given the huge weight of science and evidence that is freely available.

Master
    Blog Entries
    This is the only sensible conclusion in my opinion given the huge weight of science and evidence that is freely available.

These passports should also link to an effective track and trace system. I believe we spent £37billion on one but I don’t see any evidence of it’s use.

https://committees.parliament.uk/com...ther-lockdown/

These passports should also link to an effective track and trace system. I believe we spent £37billion on one but I don’t see any evidence of it’s use.
    I didn't understand why the NHS track and trace app wasn't made compulsory for everyone with a smart phone. This admittedly wouldn't comprehensively cover everyone, but it would cover huge swathes of the population.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I didn't understand why the NHS track and trace app wasn't made compulsory for everyone with a smart phone.
    I think because it was a total cock up ….

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by jon8oy View Post
    Choosing not to get vaccinated is an entirely emotional decision, not a logical one.

Sent from my LE2123 using Tapatalk
    This is nonsense!

Quote Originally Posted by chriskibbledj View Post
    This is nonsense!
    You saying it is a logical decision?

Want to share the logic (assuming no medical reasons)?

Journeyman
    You saying it is a logical decision?

Want to share the logic (assuming no medical reasons)?
    I have watched 3 very close friends have their lives ruined by the vaccine, aged between 35 and 40. All extremely fit and well and no need to even have it in the first place, they just felt pressured and felt they had to for holidays etc.

After having their second jab they have suffered very serious health issues and heart conditions, one went from running marathons for fun, to struggling to get up his stairs to bed.

I won't sit here saying don't have the jab, but i also wont sit here labelling anyone who doesn't decide to have it. Let them make their choice and move on.

I have watched 3 very close friends have their lives ruined by the vaccine, aged between 35 and 40. All extremely fit and well and no need to even have it in the first place, they just felt pressured and felt they had to for holidays etc.

After having their second jab they have suffered very serious health issues and heart conditions, one went from running marathons for fun, to struggling to get up his stairs to bed.

I won't sit here saying don't have the jab, but i also wont sit here labelling anyone who doesn't decide to have it. Let them make their choice and move on.

Wot?

Craftsman
    This is nonsense!
    I'm sorry you feel that way.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

How many very close friends do you have?

Don't know anyone - friends (close and otherwise), work colleagues or family - who have been affected in the way you describe. Dare say the same for most of us here.

In fact I'll go as far to say it's frankly unbelievable.

Double vaccinated and had a booster in June as part of a clinical trial. Flu jabbed as well.

Caught Covid at the beginning of last month. A period of 4 days was the worst with constant cough, high team and awful headaches.

Still not 100%. Have just begun to recover from the cold virus that doing the rounds - came down with that just over 3 weeks ago.

Since the onset of Covid I have had a headache at some point everyday and the cough has never fully gone. At least most of my sense of smell and taste has returned.

Having another booster at the end of this week.

Fully suspect to get it and other viruses repeatedly over the winter months. Hopefully the cocktail of boosters will help avoid hospitalization. Im in my 60's though and feel weakened by all of this - also, I work with children so am more likely to get whatever is circulating.

Keeping my fingers crossed, insurance payments up to date and mask on.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post

Don't know anyone - friends (close and otherwise), work colleagues or family - who have been affected in the way you describe. Dare say the same for most of us here.

I even go as far as saying it is a made-up lie, presented in bad faith.

Quote Originally Posted by Velorum View Post
    Double vaccinated and had a booster in June as part of a clinical trial. Flu jabbed as well.

Caught Covid at the beginning of last month. A period of 4 days was the worst with constant cough, high team and awful headaches.

Still not 100%. Have just begun to recover from the cold virus that doing the rounds - came down with that just over 3 weeks ago.

Since the onset of Covid I have had a headache at some point everyday and the cough has never fully gone. At least most of my sense of smell and taste has returned.

Having another booster at the end of this week.

Fully suspect to get it and other viruses repeatedly over the winter months. Hopefully the cocktail of boosters will help avoid hospitalization. Im in my 60's though and feel weakened by all of this - also, I work with children so am more likely to get whatever is circulating.

Keeping my fingers crossed, insurance payments up to date and mask on.
    That sounds awful.

My wishes for a full and quick recovery.

I think some people are confused between what constitutes a close friend, and someone they read about on certain Facebook groups ;)

Anna, aged 9yrs at the time might dispute your probability assessment:

https://news.stv.tv/west-central/fam...oronavirus?top

Truly tragic!

That sounds awful.

My wishes for a full and quick recovery.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post
    Anna, aged 9yrs at the time might dispute your probability assessment:

https://news.stv.tv/west-central/fam...oronavirus?top

Truly tragic!

I don't see the relevance? Kingstepper is denying the probability of people becoming tragically ill as a result of the vaccine, not Covid.

I don't see the relevance? Kingstepper is denying the probability of people becoming tragically ill as a result of the vaccine, not Covid.
    Yes, correct, and especially the likelihood of it happening to three 'close' friends.

Same here...not here in Spain, not among friends and family in GB nor among family and friends in the USA.

Master
    Interesting you would ask that. Here is a venn diagram of Covid deniers, Brexit folk and religious nutcases:

This is an emotional assessment, not a logical one.

You’re right - I lost track of the topic.

But - it does show that there will always be incredible events.

There’s seems to be more and more people on here who are now getting it despite being double jabbed, has anyone already had CV and then double jabbed and then caught it again?

Quote Originally Posted by monogroover View Post
    This is an emotional assessment, not a logical one.
    You are correct.

In reality, the overlap is bigger than the one in my diagram.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Franky Four Fingers View Post
    There’s seems to be more and more people on here who are now getting it despite being double jabbed, has anyone already had CV and then double jabbed and then caught it again?

Important to remember that the more important thing is the outcome, not the infection. We know that the vaccine offers a high degree of protection from illness, if not necessarily infection. Not sure there is a consensus about the degree to which the jab prevents infection or transmission, there seems to be a lot of conflicting information on that particular point.

Just need one more for people who froth at the mouth over Harry and Meghan for a full house.

Don't just do something, sit there. - TNH

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Curta View Post
    I prefer this one

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Franky Four Fingers View Post
    thats highly probable, somebody who had a wild type infection early on (pre alpha/delta) and was 5-6 months post second jab and had kids or worked with lots of contacts would not be unusual, would likely be a mild case due to being quite far down the immunity road.

thats why mad mick ended up in hospital, no antibodies from either infection or vaccination and in a vulnerable cohort.
    rates in 60+ have fallen markedly, thats the booster effect.

Journeyman
    I even go as far as saying it is a made-up lie, presented in bad faith.
    WOW, just how sad are you. I see, and read articles online about other peoples experiences with the jab day in day out. I have no need to voice or share these.

I will only voice and share what i have experienced personally, and just because that doesn't suit you, to call me a liar is outrageous.

We are ALL different, we all have different experiences in life.

To date since this whole pandemic started here are my personal experiences..

I am yet to know not ONE single person to die of Covid, My uncle died of a heart attack, they put Covid on his death certificate and that is still an ongoing issue the family is dealing with.

I know of 4 people personally to take their own lives

I know at least 9 close friends of family to have lost their job during this.

Your figures may differ from mine, and if they do... that's fine.

But do NOT call me a liar for sharing my personal experiences just because they don't suit or meet you or you narrow minded views.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith View Post
    thats highly probable, somebody who had a wild type infection early on (pre alpha/delta) and was 5-6 months post second jab and had kids or worked with lots of contacts would not be unusual, would likely be a mild case due to being quite far down the immunity road.

thats why mad mick ended up in hospital, no antibodies from either infection or vaccination and in a vulnerable cohort.
    rates in 60+ have fallen markedly, thats the booster effect.
    Yeh my thought, wife good example of this....got covid with me back in Oct-nov 2020, jabbed in March and May and in constant contact with grubby snotty little kids at school. I’m wondering if a combination of natural immunity plus jabs is making a difference. I see loads of double jabbed are getting it but don’t recall anyone saying they’ve got it again after being jabbed.

Journeyman
    I don't understand what makes it so difficult to comprehend that vaccines are the only way out of this mess.

[/IMG]
    over 90% of the UK are vaccinated and we have more cases than ever

over 70% dying in UK hospitals of Covid are Double jabbed

After 6 weeks of having a Jab your body is only protected by 8% more than those unvaccinated.... are you going to have a jab every 6 weeks for rest of your life?

I wish the vaccinated would stop blaming the unvaccinated for this jab not working and open their eyes.

Its laughable how the government are screaming out to the unvaccinated to get vaccinated so they are safe, whilst at the same time telling the vaccinated that the jabs have not worked and you need a booster.. At what point will the penny drop, when the UK is 98% vaccinated and you've had your 9th booster. Do you truly believe this will be over, if you do.... That's worrying.