closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Got COVID!

Quote Originally Posted by Neal666 View Post
    I'm sorry your cousin is suffering and hope she recovers. 

However if you where sceptical you could also look at this endless list of related illnesses and come to the conclusion its also used to drive up covid numbers and fear?
    The worrie is that you may end up with being "dismissed" as having "long covid" and your actually ill from something else, let's not forget there is actually other illnesses still in circulation and covid still has a 99.9% recovery rate.
    Seriously?

Who would have an interest in driving up Covid numbers and fear? I hear this again and again, and nobody could give me a logical explanation who "they" are and what their motivation is.
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

Master
    You mention "long covid" below is the list of symptoms for long covid. Have they just blanket covered every illness as a symptoms of "long covid"??

Common long COVID symptoms include:

extreme tiredness (fatigue)
    shortness of breathchest pain or tightness
    problems with memory and concentration ("brain fog")
    difficulty sleeping (insomnia)
    heart palpitations
    dizziness
    pins and needles
    joint pain
    depression and anxiety
    tinnitus, earaches
    feeling sick, diarrhoea, stomach aches, loss of appetitea
    high temperature,
    cough
    headaches
    sore throat
    changes to sense of smell or taste
    rashes
    We used to just call those symptoms "Post viral syndrome". Long Covid seems to be the same thing. Work used to give me all the symptoms on that list!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    Sky 🤔
    The majority of people admitted to hospital, in ICU and dying of(with) Covid are vaccinated. Around 1 in 10 ICU beds are occupied by Covid patients and about 75% of those are vaccinated (as are a similar percentage in ordinary beds) so the unvaccinated aren’t really as big an issue as being made out.
    Whilst the number of ICU beds has increased since the start of the pandemic (from around 4000 to 6000), the NHS have reduced overall bed numbers massively over the last ten years to such an extent, the UK are near the bottom of beds per head of all similar nations.

Yawn.

How often do we need to endure this shite?

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    Yawn.

How often do we need to endure this shite?
    Apparently quite a while, I swear anti-vax is a new religion.

You mention "long covid" below is the list of symptoms for long covid. Have they just blanket covered every illness as a symptoms of "long covid"??

Common long COVID symptoms include:

extreme tiredness (fatigue)
    shortness of breathchest pain or tightness
    problems with memory and concentration ("brain fog")
    difficulty sleeping (insomnia)
    heart palpitations
    dizziness
    pins and needles
    joint pain
    depression and anxiety
    tinnitus, earaches
    feeling sick, diarrhoea, stomach aches, loss of appetitea
    high temperature,
    cough
    headaches
    sore throat
    changes to sense of smell or taste
    rashes
    For anyone whose partner is going through the menopause, most of those symptoms are applicable at various points in their cycle.

Sent through the ether by diddling with radio waves

Seriously?

Who would have an interest in driving up Covid numbers and fear? I hear this again and again, and nobody could give me a logical explanation who "they" are and what their motivation is.
    I know infuriating isn't it, I wanna know the master plan, what's ''their'' endgame, the response thus far has been most unedifying, ''they'' remain, as do ''their'' intentions, obscure as ever.
    Last edited by Passenger; 10th December 2021 at 19:32.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post
    I know infuriating isn't it, I wanna know the master plan, what's ''their'' endgame, the response thus far has been most unedifying, ''they'' remain, as do ''their'' intentions, obscure as ever.
    Meanwhile I'm convinced that the endgame and intentions of most vax sceptics is just being a bloody twat, the leaps of logic they do put Olympic athletes to shame

Got COVID!

Quote Originally Posted by craig1912 View Post
    Sky 🤔
    The majority of people admitted to hospital, in ICU and dying of(with) Covid are vaccinated. Around 1 in 10 ICU beds are occupied by Covid patients and about 75% of those are vaccinated (as are a similar percentage in ordinary beds) so the unvaccinated aren’t really as big an issue as being made out.
    Whilst the number of ICU beds has increased since the start of the pandemic (from around 4000 to 6000), the NHS have reduced overall bed numbers massively over the last ten years to such an extent, the UK are near the bottom of beds per head of all similar nations.
    This is just twaddle.
    According to a number of articles in the BMJ, (not Sky News - perhaps not the absolute bastion of truth and scientifically accurate or verified information) across the first 6 months of this year, 86% of hospitalised COVID cases were unvaccinated and 13% had only one jab.

Check your sources. Sky news are definitely not a reliable one

https://www.bmj.com/content/374/bmj.n2306

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by notenoughwrists; 10th December 2021 at 21:01.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by notenoughwrists View Post
    This is just twaddle

Is it?

Is it?
    What do the data on hospital admissions show?
    An analysis of UK data from the National Immunisation Management Service (NIMS) and the Coronavirus Clinical Information Network (CO-CIN),1 endorsed by the UK Scientific and Advisory Group for Emergencies (SAGE),2 shows that of 40 000 patients with covid-19 who were admitted to hospital between December 2020 and July 2021 a total of 33 496 (84%) had not been vaccinated. It found that 5198 (13%) of these patients had received their first vaccine and 1274 (3%) their second.

^^^^
    Take that...you fucking anti-vax idiots!

Quote Originally Posted by pacifichrono View Post
    ^^^^
    Take that...you .................!
    G&D rules, mate.

^^^^
    Take that...you naughty anti-vaxxers
    I agree!

Master
    This is just twaddle.
    According to a number of articles in the BMJ, (not Sky News - perhaps not the absolute bastion of truth and scientifically accurate or verified information) across the first 6 months of this year, 86% of hospitalised COVID cases were unvaccinated and 13% had only one jab.

Check your sources. Sky news are definitely not a reliable one

https://www.bmj.com/content/374/bmj.n2306

It’s not twaddle and I’m not sure what you are going on about Sky because I would never quote them as a reliable source. If you read the thread and post #464 you will note I quote government figures that the majority of hospitalisations, and deaths are of vaccinated people. I’ve checked my sources I suggest you check yours.

Master
    An analysis of UK data from the National Immunisation Management Service (NIMS) and the Coronavirus Clinical Information Network (CO-CIN),1 endorsed by the UK Scientific and Advisory Group for Emergencies (SAGE),2 shows that of 40 000 patients with covid-19 who were admitted to hospital between December 2020 and July 2021 a total of 33 496 (84%) had not been vaccinated. It found that 5198 (13%) of these patients had received their first vaccine and 1274 (3%) their second.

Your data is to July 2021.Five months out of date.

Master
    ^^^^
    Not anti vax at all, but you are showing your ignorance

Thing is if 100% of the population were vaccinated then 100% of hospitalisations would be in the vaccinated. It doesn't mean vaccines arent significantly reducing the numbers of hospitalisations and deaths

Master

Please read

https://assets.publishing.service.go...rt-week-48.pdf

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Thing is if 100% of the population were vaccinated then 100% of hospitalisations would be in the vaccinated. It doesn't mean vaccines arent significantly reducing the numbers of hospitalisations and deaths
    Yes - correct

Master
    ^^^^
    Care to explain?

Craftsman
    But it doesn't prove they are either does it??? You can look at the argument either way.
    Is it not reasonable to also report the deaths happening daily because of the injection as intensely as deaths with "covid"? Or do we just not make them widely known along with the risks associated with the injection? There is a risk either way. Seems like the reporting is bias in one direction . Statistics can be manipulated to suit how you want to read them.

Why can't we push antibody tests rather than vaccinations? Don't give me the "cost implications" argument after the money that has been wasted so far. That way everyone's happy right?

Why isn't "boosting" your immune system the main focal point? Promoting health living, immune system boosting vitimins and minerals and generaly keeping yourself fit and well. Can you remember the last report or advert promoting this? No? Me neither!

I'm not saying this the solution and the vax maybe needed in some instances however if we got the above right then there would be significantly less people suffering with health issues that are amplifying "covid" symptoms or "covid" causing significant issues with their current condition..

There is lots of ways to look at it, there is lots of ways to manage and deal with it. Yes the vax is one way! however its not the only way however much its been forced.

But it doesn't prove they are either does it??? You can look at the argument either way.
    Is it not reasonable to also report the deaths happening daily because of the injection as intensely as deaths with "covid"? Or do we just not make them widely known along with the risks associated with the injection? There is a risk either way. Seems like the reporting is bias in one direction . Statistics can be manipulated to suit how you want to read them.

Why can't we push antibody tests rather than vaccinations? Don't give me the "cost implications" argument after the money that has been wasted so far. That way everyone's happy right?

Why isn't "boosting" your immune system the main focal point? Promoting health living, immune system boosting vitimins and minerals and generaly keeping yourself fit and well. Can you remember the last report or advert promoting this? No? Me neither!

I'm not saying this the solution and the vax maybe needed in some instances however if we got the above right then there would be significantly less people suffering with health issues that are amplifying "covid" symptoms or "covid" causing significant issues with their current condition..

There is lots of ways to look at it, there is lots of ways to manage and deal with it. Yes the vax is one way! however its not the only way however much its been forced.
    Scouser, you?

Master
    Christ's sake

There are risks associated with the jabs (or any jabs) but they are tiny vs the risk of dying from Covid. Vax is one way out of the pandemic - the other currently available option is to not be vaccinated, catch Covid and hope not to die/develop a debilitating illness however on the balance of probabilities I went for the jabs. Your mileage may differ of course and that's fair enough.

As a member of an at-risk group(s), I just got my 4th Covid vaccine jab last night.

Go ahead, DON'T get vaccinated!

Last edited by pacifichrono; 11th December 2021 at 01:46.

Sky 🤔
    How many times do I have to post this graphic?

It is the proportion of the each population that is in the hospitals that counts and by far and way it is higher in the Anti-rational thinking group!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by paw3001 View Post
    How many times do I have to post this graphic?

It is the proportion of the each population that is in the hospitals that counts and by far and way it is higher in the Anti-rational thinking group!
    Not sure why you have quoted my post. Of course a higher proportion of the unvaccinated(and remember lots of people can’t have the vaccination) are in hospital but given the majority of the population are vaccinated, what I stated stands- the majority of people admitted, in ICU and dying are vaccinated. The vaccine is of course keeping these numbers lower that it would be without the vaccine but, it is simply not true that the unvaccinated are clogging up hospital beds.
    And those quoting data up to July need to get the extra six mths to show how much it’s changed.

Not sure why you have quoted my post. Of course a higher proportion of the unvaccinated(and remember lots of people can’t have the vaccination) are in hospital but given the majority of the population are vaccinated, what I stated stands- the majority of people admitted, in ICU and dying are vaccinated. The vaccine is of course keeping these numbers lower that it would be without the vaccine but, it is simply not true that the unvaccinated are clogging up hospital beds.
    And those quoting data up to July need to get the extra six mths to show how much it’s changed.
    How many are these "lots of people" who cannot have the vaccine?

If the unvaccinated are not clogging up hospital beds, let's go a step further and reserve 20% of hospital beds for the 20% of unvaccinated people. Shouldn't be a problem then, right?

If the unvaccinated are not clogging up hospital beds, let's go a step further and reserve 20% of hospital beds for the 20% of unvaccinated people. Shouldn't be a problem then, right?
    I like that analogy

Master
    Yeah, selective quotation of inadequately researched statistics can be quite liberating. Just ask Toby Young, who’s made his ‘journalistic’ career on it.
    As ever the BBC’s “More or Less” cuts through the crap on deaths in vaccinated/unvaccinated groups. For those who want some proper information: https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0b6j20n

Uni/School friend who is a GP made this remark in something I posted on FB this am.

Had no choice but just had to journey on a packed standing room only train, not a pleasant journey. The only people without masks on were teenagers and young men. Hope for their sakes this new variant doesn't adversely affect the young as reported in some places.

Sent from my SM-A125F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ruggertech View Post
    Had no choice but just had to journey on a packed standing room only train, not a pleasant journey. The only people without masks on were teenagers and young men. Hope for their sakes this new variant doesn't adversely affect the young as reported in some places.

Masks protect everybody else, much more than the wearer. You are protecting them by wearing a mask, they are spreading their load to you because they don't wear a mask.

Masks protect everybody else, much more than the wearer. You are protecting them by wearing a mask, they are spreading their load to you because they don't wear a mask.
    Very true, I was thinking along the same lines, but they are still risking it themselves while as you said, greatly increasing everyone else's risk. So glad I had my booster jab on Tuesday, hope its enough.

Last edited by Ruggertech; 11th December 2021 at 12:34.

Master
    Seriously?

“They” would be the people who stand to profit most from this shite. I guess the people making these vaccines. It’s in their interest to have this go on for as long as possible with many many more variants to come. I am sure the key to all this is back in the Lab where this virus came from but what do I know.

Quote Originally Posted by southerner101 View Post
    “They” would be the people who stand to profit most from this shite. I guess the people making these vaccines. It’s in their interest to have this go on for as long as possible with many many more variants to come. I am sure the key to all this is back in the Lab where this virus came from but what do I know.
    ^ Proper Hall of Fame® post. ^

Master
    Blog Entries
    Uni/School friend who is a GP made this remark in something I posted on FB this am.
    Worth reposting dat

Yep it is big bad Pharma who are at fault. We even made the virus to release it as we were bored with just making our billions from our usual diabetes, blood pressure and chemotherapy drugs and wanted to branch out a little!

Just think where you would have been without our scientists and production plants, no doubt in the same sunny uplit lands of next-door to the Brexit ones!

Craftsman
    It's interesting to see that the omicron variant requires "surprise" "surprise" 3 jabs to protect you.. not 1, not 2, but 3... this revelation isn't by total coincidence to support the push on boosters is it??

Yet conflicting information has said omicron is less serious but more transmitable. Given the injection doesn't prevent spread, why don't you just need 1 or 2 vaccinations for a less serious strain?

The next variant are we needing a booster for the booster?

It's interesting to see that the omicron variant requires "surprise" "surprise" 3 jabs to protect you.. not 1, not 2, but 3... this revelation isn't by total coincidence to support the push on boosters is it??

Yet conflicting information has said omicron is less serious but more transmitable. Given the injection doesn't prevent spread, why don't you just need 1 or 2 vaccinations for a less serious strain?

Competition is intense today.

Very
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Indeed. Race to the bottom and both have already started to dig.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Master

Surely the most successful virus will be one that harms its host the least, eg more transmission keeps the virus strain active. A deadly virus is a self fulfilling prophecy.

Quote Originally Posted by higham5 View Post
    Surely the most successful virus will be one that harms its host the least, eg more transmission keeps the virus strain active. A deadly virus is a self fulfilling prophecy.
    Yes and no. The problem with Covid is that it spreads before the host feels symptoms. What happens to the host is therefore secondary.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Grand Master

Read the science a little more carefully and try to join up your thinking! Also quit looking for sinister motives, you’ll do yourself a huge favour.

There’s no reliable evidence to indicate whether Omicron is likely to lead to less serious illness, the initial anecdotal information was from S. Africa and based on a very different age profile to the UK. As I understand it the data isn’t yet available and any suggestions that its less serious are hope rather than evidence- based optimism.

Antibodies are being shown to be less effective against Omicron than Delta, that’s broadly in line with expectations given the degree of mutation exhibited on the spike protein, but maintaining high levels of the slightly less effective antibodies has been shown to provide a reasonably high safeguard against serious illness. On that basis the case for getting booster jabbed ASAP is very strong if not quite overwhelming, even the vaccine- hesitant must accept that case.

Transmissibility has been proven to be higher, Chances of catching Omicron are higher, all the more reason to give yourself the best chance of avoiding serious illness and hospitalisation. I can’t see any conflicts in the logic in any of this.

I think people struggle to cope with a changing situation, but unfortunately that’s the nature of the beast.
    Vaccines will continue to play a major role and at the moment keeping up to date with vaccination is still the sensible option. The wider benefits in limiting the strain on the NHS have been discussed so I don’t need to re- emphasise that point, those who exercise their freedom of choice to not get vaxxed are potentially adding to the problem.

Yes, we may need a booster for the booster, but if the science dictates that’s the best option I don’t see a problem. Unfortunately there isn’t a quick easy fix to the pandemic, the experts tried to tell us that, but vaccination remains the best game in town. It’s disappointing that the initial 2 dose strategy hasn’t proved to be the panacea we hoped for but that’s no reason to be dismissive.

My advice to the refuseniks remains unchanged: stop moaning, stop looking for contrarian arguments and get jabbed......again! This is real life, not the 6th form common room.

Craftsman
    A great, reasoned post walkerwek, but I am afraid some people here want easy answers, or see conspiracies in everything, and are not interested in reason.

Master
    ^ Proper Hall of Fame® post. ^
    Seriously?

Going back to this post though.

Obviously those in charge of vaccine rollout etc. Fear will get a greater number of ppl taking the vaccines, boosters and booster boosters. Simple marketing Raffe.

My God! I think you are onto to something! How did no one see such a clear connection.

Of course, it has nothing to do with the very much known effect of vaccine protection degradation over time. Those pesky Israelis must have been given a heads up by the Yanks that Omicron was about to be released as the next wave as they started boosting in the Summer when they first saw the protection decline effect of BioNTech.

Those damned Pharma monkeys peddling their filth. You know the stuff that keeps many people alive but never cures them so they just have to keep taking their drugs every day and the money rolling in to find new discoveries, sorry I mean their new diseases! They are making billions off the back of sick people, who really don’t need to be sick, employing tens of thousands and paying huge amounts of tax as well as helping those import/export balances.

Your insightfulness is astounding and they must call you Sherlock Holmes in the Asylum

Seriously?
    Yes, very seriously.

As always, I cannot make up my mind if I am merely seeing a stupid person or someone who is pushing a malicious agenda.

If I had to guess, I would probably go for the first option though.