closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Got COVID!

Quote Originally Posted by Slamdoor View Post
    I’ve had three Pfizer shots and a month later have lost my hearing in one ear. Hope it’s not connected…
    Just wait until your limbs start falling off.
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

Quote Originally Posted by reecie View Post
    In the sense that you don't hear of ICUs full of bikers, drinker or climbers which seems to be (or have been) the case with Covid. And no I don't believe it puritan Britain.
    UK ICUs aren't full of people now - Cases are up, admissions and deaths are down. Exactly what the vaccines were supposed to do.

My point, obviously, was that people take risks all the time, people who decide not to take a vaccine for a rational reason (whether you agree with it or not) are no different.

Raffe made a lot of counterpoints too, some of which are valid, some less so. ICUs aren't full of people, for example. Germany has a poorer uptake of vaccination I understand.

One or two may be, from time to time, but only because capacity has been repeatedly cut by successive governments.

M
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    I've had my first pfizer shot and soon afterwards I found the keys I'd lost in the dog's basket. I didn't expect it to be so effective so soon. I'm doing the lottery for sure...

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    My point, obviously, was that people take risks all the time, people who decide not to take a vaccine for a rational reason (whether you agree with it or not) are no different.
    Well, apart from the minor detail that there are few other cases where the results of your rational choices are infectious - and potentially endlessly infectious. I think your best comparison is with folks with HIV who decide not to use a condom for a rational reason (whether you agree with it or not).

And big brother has something to say about that:

https://www.cps.gov.uk/legal-guidanc...sion-infection

Such a shocking limitation on your freedom.

Not sure if this needs a separate thread but i'll try it in here....

I follow simple politics on Instagram and there was a post about restrictions etc which was chock full of the usual polarising comments. However one guy was VERY vocal online and i ended up getting into a back and forth with him. He eventually stopped replying and suggested i DM him. So, eager to find out more about what made him hold his anti-covid vaccine attitude i started a conversation.

This conversation went on all evening and was FACINATING. As i get older i'm trying hard to listen to alternative view points with curiosity rather than jumping to conclusions as i used to do.

My main question, that doesn't get answered is "why". If you believe that the vaccines are being pushed when they aren't necessary then i want to know why people are doing this. Having worked in big corporates all my working life i know that they rarely spend money without a game plan. Now that game plan might be "massage the CEO's ego" but there is, at least a plan.

This guy wouldn't tell me publicly but did promised me to over DM.

Not wishing to belittle but these were the key things i noted from our conversation;
    - He believed that all governments are ruled by an elite group of Satanists who all want a one world government
    - All wars are staged to throw people off the scent
    - These governments put out false conspiracy theories (chips in vaccines as an example) to make it easier for people to dismiss the real story
    - Covid and covid vaccines are all part of the plan to create a world that are scared and can be more easily manipulated
    - The "new" covid vaccines alter your DNA, he couldn't tell me why but he knew they did. He had no answer for why the AZ vaccine was allowed to be released but that fact it's not being used for boosters was proof it wasn't working as intended.
    - As some of the conspiracy theories are false he doesn't believe them all (no lizard people) but he does think the earth is flat
    - The satanists want to destroy the concept of gender (that one came out of left field)
    - Far from believing everything some people said he would cheery pick facts from some experts and ignore others. But interestingly it didn't seem to alter his view of that person if they said something he didn't agree with.
    - He was keen to cite the academic or government credentials of those confirming his views and keen to use that to prove they were an expert but the same courtesy wasn't show to those not confirming his views
    - He was a very clever, very well read individual who could cite sources for most of his beliefs.....the sources were suspect and veeeeerrrrryyyy long in many cases (8 hour youtube video anyone?) but he was able to point to sources of all his views.
    - He was adamant that the "do your own research" side was crucial as if he just told me it wouldn't have the impact....whereas if you spent time researching you're more likely to believe it. Which felt to me like post purchase confirmation to me. If i'd spent 8 hours watching a youtube i think i'd struggle to believe it was time wasted.
    - We never got to a why. He admitted he didn't know, all he knew was "they" wanted control.
    - Almost everyone is in on it. ISPs, google, facebook they are all actively supressing the truth
    - When i questioned the cost of this coverup he just shrugged and said that nothing was beyond their scope.

Above all it was a fascinating conversation and he was MUCH more conversational and agreeable over DM than his public persona had showed. He was quite happy that i had a different view from myself and just wanted a debate - he seemed really happy that i was listening to him rather than telling him he was a dick.

The thing that really got to me is that it would be almost impossible to convince this guy that he was wrong. Quite simply he's invested SO much time in his beliefs and his timeline / thread / friend group that he's simply not seeing an alternative viewpoint. As such he felt it was so obvious and he was very very disparaging about me not spending the time to hunt down these obscure sources.

I went in with a relatively open mind but he wasn't able to convince me. Most companies i've worked with leak like a sieve and i simply don't buy that there are so many people being paid off / scared to say anything. Likewise the experts he cited didn't fill me with much confidence. And also he had a terrible habit for wilfully mis-representing things that were easily disproved by the very links he provided. When i pointed this out he'd just shrug and pivot to another topic. To be convinced i need more than that and for me that sort of behaviour is a red flag for me.

Can't say my wife was delighted with my little experiment but i enjoyed it. I don't have the answers but thought this might be interesting.
    Last edited by Lazydonkey; 1st December 2021 at 13:27.

^^^ is it me or are others increasingly worried that the number of conspiracy theorist nutters appears to be growing exponentially?

so much for the internet providing unlimited educational possibilities!

I always have one question for the flat earthers: can you please draw the layout of the continents for me. If you compare that, you will find that no two flat earthers will agree on the same layout, as obviously people from London know that you fly to America to the West and to Asia to the East. But when you ask someone from California, they know that Asia is a straight line to the West, while New York or London require you to travel to the East. But if you look at the map of the flat-earther from London, there is no way the person from California could travel to Asia but via the Atlantic, while the map of the Californian wouldn't be able to accommodate anyone travelling from Singapore to London unless they crossed the United States. This is unless you introduce the concept of flying underneath the Earth (which then however would require people to have seen how the earth looks from underneath).
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazydonkey View Post

I follow simple politics on Instagram and there was a post about restrictions etc which was chock full of the usual polarising comments. However one guy was VERY vocal online and i ended up getting into a back and forth with him. He eventually stopped replying and suggested i DM him. So, eager to find out more about what made him hold his anti-covid vaccine attitude i started a conversation.

This conversation went on all evening and was FACINATING. As i get older i'm trying hard to listen to alternative view points with curiosity rather than jumping to conclusions as i used to do............................
    It is fascinating, if/when someone writes a book about it then it can go along side the Bible, Quran, Book of Shadows etc and be worshipped for thousands of years, sorry this is not G&D material but in context..

LazyDonkey, unfortunately this is quite common among intelligent individuals who smell a rat. It can soon lead to Lizard people.

My best mate has had a revelation: everything we have been told is a lie. Holocaust, moon landing, covid, etc. He's not yet fallen into the flat earth trap.

But it's important not to throw the baby out with the bathwater. David Icke is unwell, but while his chief suspects simply don't exist, he does describe the world in a similar way to some less fervid academic minds.

Alex Jones' bombastic schtick is pure theatre. But he is not infrequently proved right. Well, sort of right, with a ladleful of blarney. Gay frogs, anyone?

This conversation went on all evening and was FACINATING. As i get older i'm trying hard to listen to alternative view points with curiosity rather than jumping to conclusions as i used to do.

My main question, that doesn't get answered is "why". If you believe that the vaccines are being pushed when they aren't necessary then i want to know why people are doing this. Having worked in big corporates all my working life i know that they rarely spend money without a game plan. Now that game plan might be "massage the CEO's ego" but there is, at least a plan.

This guy wouldn't tell me publicly but did promised me to over DM.

Not wishing to belittle but these were the key things i noted from our conversation;
    - He believed that all governments are ruled by an elite group of Satanists who all want a one world government
    - All wars are staged to throw people off the scent
    - These governments put out false conspiracy theories (chips in vaccines as an example) to make it easier for people to dismiss the real story
    - Covid and covid vaccines are all part of the plan to create a world that are scared and can be more easily manipulated
    - The "new" covid vaccines alter your DNA, he couldn't tell me why but he knew they did. He had no answer for why the AZ vaccine was allowed to be released but that fact it's not being used for boosters was proof it wasn't working as intended.
    - As some of the conspiracy theories are false he doesn't believe them all (no lizard people) but he does think the earth is flat
    - The satanists want to destroy the concept of gender (that one came out of left field)
    - Far from believing everything some people said he would cheery pick facts from some experts and ignore others. But interestingly it didn't seem to alter his view of that person if they said something he didn't agree with.
    - He was keen to cite the academic or government credentials of those confirming his views and keen to use that to prove they were an expert but the same courtesy wasn't show to those not confirming his views
    - He was a very clever, very well read individual who could cite sources for most of his beliefs.....the sources were suspect and veeeeerrrrryyyy long in many cases (8 hour youtube video anyone?) but he was able to point to sources of all his views.
    - He was adamant that the "do your own research" side was crucial as if he just told me it wouldn't have the impact....whereas if you spent time researching you're more likely to believe it. Which felt to me like post purchase confirmation to me. If i'd spent 8 hours watching a youtube i think i'd struggle to believe it was time wasted.
    - We never got to a why. He admitted he didn't know, all he knew was "they" wanted control.
    - Almost everyone is in on it. ISPs, google, facebook they are all actively supressing the truth
    - When i questioned the cost of this coverup he just shrugged and said that nothing was beyond their scope.

Above all it was a fascinating conversation and he was MUCH more conversational and agreeable over DM than his public persona had showed. He was quite happy that i had a different view from myself and just wanted a debate - he seemed really happy that i was listening to him rather than telling him he was a dick.

The thing that really got to me is that it would be almost impossible to convince this guy that he was wrong. Quite simply he's invested SO much time in his beliefs and his timeline / thread / friend group that he's simply not seeing an alternative viewpoint. As such he felt it was so obvious and he was very very disparaging about me not spending the time to hunt down these obscure sources.

I went in with a relatively open mind but he wasn't able to convince me. Most companies i've worked with leak like a sieve and i simply don't buy that there are so many people being paid off / scared to say anything. Likewise the experts he cited didn't fill me with much confidence. And also he had a terrible habit for wilfully mis-representing things that were easily disproved by the very links he provided. When i pointed this out he'd just shrug and pivot to another topic. To be convinced i need more than that and for me that sort of behaviour is a red flag for me.

Can't say my wife was delighted with my little experiment but i enjoyed it. I don't have the answers but thought this might be interesting.
    Wow, thanks for sharing and being brave enough to engage.

You raise so really valid points, it is near on impossible to dislodge these views with evidence or rational arguments. They are so good at twisting in the wind, cherry picking, using whataboutisms and such like that it is even hard to debate. You have to admit the misinformation is well presented and seems credible at a surface view but once you dig it crumbles. Name calling will never work no matter how satisfying it can be!

However, we see that people just want easy answers even if untrue rather than complex answers that are true. It is a sad indictment of our society and has directly lead to Brexit and other such self harming behaviour like not having the vaccine

A contractor we used to use went down the flat earth, chem trails, lizard people route.

He's also an antivaxxer, 9-11 conspiracy buff, doomsday prepper and other things I can't even remember.

He's highly entertaining in small doses but we don't use him any longer

Quote Originally Posted by acg View Post
    A contractor we used to use went down the flat earth, chem trails, lizard people route.

He's also an antivaxxer, 9-11 conspiracy buff, doomsday prepper and other things I can't even remember.

Did he use ladders or levitation?
    F.T.F.A.

Quote Originally Posted by acg View Post

Great example of where personal beliefs and business dont mix..

Oh and he could never answer the WHY? either

Are we using Anti-vaxxer for covid vax sceptics, or people who are against all vaccines?

Bundling the wary with the flat earthers would be unfortunate.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Neal666 View Post
    Why can't we have antibody tests as freely available as jabs?
    I asked my daughter about this as she is involved in medical bioscience. Here view is unless you have very sophisticated kit identifying antibodies can be difficult. She likened it ( for my simplistic mind) to identifying a precise individual, when all you can see is their knee and elbow. Eg you dont get a full picture , just bits.

Some friends of ours are on ONS survey where they had blood tests every month , both before and after vaccination. Interestingly of the two following the first vac , only one of them initially presented with antibodies, then after the next 4 week test they appeared.

Quote Originally Posted by Fender View Post
    Are we using Anti-vaxxer for covid vax sceptics, or people who are against all vaccines?

Bundling the wary with the flat earthers would be unfortunate.
    It's interesting. This guy wasn't anti-vax. He was anti-thisvax. My gut says he'll be ant-thenextone too but that's a gut feeling.

I'm fine with the wary and i'd be wary too if i was in a vulnerable group, but wary is a transitory state isn't it? At one point you've got to pick a side?

Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    Did he use ladders or levitation?
    Genuine LOL!
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

It's interesting. This guy wasn't anti-vax. He was anti-thisvax. My gut says he'll be ant-thenextone too but that's a gut feeling.

I'm fine with the wary and i'd be wary too if i was in a vulnerable group, but wary is a transitory state isn't it? At one point you've got to pick a side?
    I think picking a side is unhelpful phrasing in this instance.

Unfortunately, the time required to convince doubters of the vaccine's safety will probably outlive the pandemic. And even then there will be those who question whether there's been a cover up.

The data on excess deaths and presentation of illness (e.g. cardiac) needs to be collated and examined. I'm not sure much of that is happening, or at least being reported on. Could be all lockdown related and the lifestyle that goes with it.

Bear in mind - there are clips floating around of ER staff discussing patients with potential vaccine related illness, and how there's no way to register their concerns.

People see these snippets on social media. That's where the conspiracy stuff starts. A lack of openness.

That being said, you also don't want to alarm the general public while trying to push life saving vaccinations!

It's all a massive ballache. Glad I'm not a youngster going through this.

Anyone know any guidelines for taking a PCR test for flying after having covid to ensure negative? My 10 days ended Monday and wanting to take a PCR tomorrow to fly on Fri. Done rapid tests the last few days and all negative. No real guidance I could find online....

I think picking a side is unhelpful phrasing in this instance.

Unfortunately, the time required to convince doubters of the vaccine's safety will probably outlive the pandemic. And even then there will be those who question whether there's been a cover up.

The data on excess deaths and presentation of illness (e.g. cardiac) needs to be collated and examined. I'm not sure much of that is happening, or at least being reported on. Could be all lockdown related and the lifestyle that goes with it.

Bear in mind - there are clips floating around of ER staff discussing patients with potential vaccine related illness, and how there's no way to register their concerns.

People see these snippets on social media. That's where the conspiracy stuff starts. A lack of openness.

That being said, you also don't want to alarm the general public while trying to push life saving vaccinations!

It's all a massive ballache. Glad I'm not a youngster going through this.
    I guess my point was that your either pro or against getting vaccinated. You can, temporarily, be a doubter but as time goes on the doubter turns into someone who is, by default, against getting a vaccine.

I'd also start to question what data points or events people need to get them away from doubter. if you look at the US many who'd no doubt call themselves doubters were waiting on regularity approval, which has now been granted and from what i can see it's not lead to a big uptick in vaccinations. In many cases i still hear people saying it's not approved or it's experimental.

I'm not saying it's easy choice for some - just saying that you can only be undecided for so long.
    Last edited by Lazydonkey; 1st December 2021 at 16:15.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post
    Anyone know any guidelines for taking a PCR test for flying after having covid to ensure negative? My 10 days ended Monday and wanting to take a PCR tomorrow to fly on Fri. Done rapid tests the last few days and all negative. No real guidance I could find online....
    Tricky one, the recommendation is not to do a test for up to 90 days after having Covid, which in some situations is impossible to do, I think you will just have to do it and see what happens.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Craftsman
    Blimey, I’ve had a couple of people tell me in the last 12 months that they believe the earth is flat but no matter how obviously wrong it is to me I’ve always struggled to explain in simple terms to them how wrong they are.

Someone above mentioned asking them to draw out a map of the continents on paper and that seems to the best way of showing them how a flat earth theory simply doesn’t work!

Quote Originally Posted by ellsy_79 View Post
    Blimey, I’ve had a couple of people tell me in the last 12 months that they believe the earth is flat but no matter how obviously wrong it is to me I’ve always struggled to explain in simple terms to them how wrong they are.

Someone above mentioned asking them to draw out a map of the continents on paper and that seems to the best way of showing them how a flat earth theory simply doesn’t work!
    I'm not sure you'd always win there.

Even then you can say that the pilots / airlines are in on it. Or it's all CGI or or or or or or.....

There was a fascinating piece i read (can't remember where) where there comes a point when you're so deep in the conspiracy hole that it's too embarrassing to admit you've changed your mind. Also often it means walking away from friendships, groups etc. It becomes your whole identity.

Quote Originally Posted by ellsy_79 View Post

“It is useless to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into”

LazyDonk: covid stuff: agree with all that.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonM View Post
    Tricky one, the recommendation is not to do a test for up to 90 days after having Covid, which in some situations is impossible to do, I think you will just have to do it and see what happens.
    Yea I think this is the unfortunate answer, so lets see.....

LazyDonk: covid stuff: agree with all that.
    And there's Mark Twain's; “Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

LazyDonkey, you had me holding my head in my hands with your first line: "He believed that all governments are ruled by an elite group of Satanists who all want a one world government."

Well done for trying to engage, it reminds me when I was at university and we invited the Jehovah's' Witnesses in for a cup of tea. They were shocked at the invitation, although it didn't do them much good, there wasn't exactly a meeting of minds.

Master
    I have had 2 AZ jabs and I would have an AZ booster if there is one available which I have been told there isn't.

On another note, this is interesting:

https://twitter.com/niki_jay_1/statu...39755405156361

Unless of course, it's bogus.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Smith View Post

Edited and out of context.

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-f...-idUSKBN22U2D4
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Smith View Post
    I have had 2 AZ jabs and I would have an AZ booster if there is one available which I have been told there isn't.

What was that? A snippet of a speech taken out of context and edited on a broken phone? Weird!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Halitosis View Post
    ^^^ is it me or are others increasingly worried that the number of conspiracy theorist nutters appears to be growing exponentially?

so much for the internet providing unlimited educational possibilities!
    Definitely, the internet has supercharged all kinds of niche interests, making it easier to exchange information and promote previously obscure views. Watch collecting and this very forum would be a good example. It’s gone from quite a rarified hobby full of secret knowledge among dealers and their wealthy clients, to literally everyone knowing which vintage pieces are desirable, and prices going through the roof. Unfortunately the same process works for people with an interest in lizards, microchips and flatness. The internet appears to be creating black holes which suck in the confused.

There was a fascinating piece i read (can't remember where) where there comes a point when you're so deep in the conspiracy hole that it's too embarrassing to admit you've changed your mind. Also often it means walking away from friendships, groups etc. It becomes your whole identity.
    It would be good to read that if you remember. I’ve been thinking exactly that about some people I know who post on social media. They’re not flat earthers or anything, but they’re anti-vax and it would be a massive climb down for them to admit they’ve got it all backwards for the past two years, and made their own lives needlessly difficult in the process.

Since this thread is actually a ‘got covid’ thread (sympathies to all who have), perhaps a more robust version of this discussion could continue elsewhere.

I’ve had the exact same discussion with our local fruit loop. It’s all straight from QAnon, I’m surprised you weren’t told that the Hollywood elite are also involved and that the satanists are also paedophiles that want to drink the blood of our children.
    My loony was also reluctant to link to the evidence, as I should do my own research, but did provide some names to get me started. One was a nurse in the NHS, Kate Shemirani, who, it turns out, was struck off the nursing register for spreading lies and accusing fellow nurses of being worse than Nazi war criminals, even going so far as to suggest they should be tried and executed. It also turned out that she had no qualifications in virology and was actually just a botox nurse!
    The other names given were American “doctors” of little repute. One thing that linked them all together were connections, either directly or indirectly, to either Robert F Kennedy Jr, a well known anti-vax campaigner and backer so loopy that even the Kennedy family has disowned him, and Andrew Wakefield, the discredited and disgraced struck off doctor and fraudster behind the MMR scandal. All of these “doctors” also sold their own “medicines” to deal with covid, despite claiming it’s a hoax.

This came up on the BBC today. Apparently you can test +ve for a month or more after recovery because of "dead" coronavirus in your system. The expert said it was possible to get around this and advised ringing the 119 number.

Journeyman
    Funny how we haven't changed much since the 18th century. The last two years can be summed in that quote.

Quote Originally Posted by jools View Post
    This came up on the BBC today. Apparently you can test +ve for a month or more after recovery because of "dead" coronavirus in your system. The expert said it was possible to get around this and advised ringing the 119 number.
    Hmm not sure what 119/track and trace can do? But certainly thanks - I'll give them a call tomorrow morning and see what they say.

Hmm not sure what 119/track and trace can do? But certainly thanks - I'll give them a call tomorrow morning and see what they say.
    They can’t do much far as I know, it’s down to the requirements of the country you are heading to, and whether they will accept proof of recovery in lieu of a negative pcr

Quote Originally Posted by enndriz View Post
    They can’t do much far as I know, it’s down to the requirements of the country you are heading to, and whether they will accept proof of recovery in lieu of a negative pcr
    OK that makes sense and pretty sure dubai (where I need to go) and Emirates don't care about that - so i guess I'll chance a PCR test tomorrow and report back....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got COVID!

OK that makes sense and pretty sure dubai (where I need to go) and Emirates don't care about that - so i guess I'll chance a PCR test tomorrow and report back....

Fingers crossed. I’ve just had to cancel trip to Spain cos 15yo daughter isn’t classed as fully vaxed as has had the one jab. Rest of us in family have just recovered from covid so also likely to fail PCRs. There’s always next year! (said that in 2020 mind you)

Got COVID!

Quote Originally Posted by enndriz View Post
    Fingers crossed. I’ve just had to cancel trip to Spain cos 15yo daughter isn’t classed as fully vaxed as has had the one jab. Rest of us in family have just recovered from covid so also likely to fail PCRs. There’s always next year! (said that in 2020 mind you)
    I'm not sure how likely you are to fail a PCR test after your isolation period. From what I can see, it's very low. Am assuming being double vaccinated must help, but it seems no other way to know other than paying and trying!

I really have to go - missing a small family reunion. Also I found out I had covid while on way to airport 12 days ago and awaiting my fit to fly PCR test!

I'm not sure how likely you are to fail a PCR test after your isolation period. From what I can see, it's very low. Am assuming being double vaccinated must help, but it seems no other way to know other than paying and trying!

I really have to go - missing a small family reunion. Also I found out I had covid while on way to airport 12 days ago and awaiting my fit to fly PCR test!

I hope you are better mate

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk280 View Post
    I hope you are better mate
    Thankfully very mild symptoms. Heck I had to lug 40kgs back home when i found out! No loss of breath, fever or cough. A runny nose was basiy it. Smell and taste did go for a while a few days after but back in the gym after isolation period. Pretty lucky all things considered.

I think that's a bit risky as a +ve test goes on your record, but if your destination is unconcerned I guess it doesn't matter.

Master
    Well the missus has just had it. We have spent the last 20 months or so being really careful, hardly gone anywhere, always wear a mask in supermarkets and I have only actually had to go to my work office about 8 times that entire time and work from home.

We decided as a treat to book a spa day a few weeks ago and when we got there it was packed. We were really apprehensive but spent the day anyway. I felt awful the next day and for a few days after.. the following week the missus got symptoms so took a lateral flow test and sure enough it was positive. She isolated immediately and so far, a week or so later me and the kids seem to be fine thankfully.

She wasn't really unwell. She felt a bit crap for about 3-4 days, extreme fatigue, headaches and complete loss of taste but she recovered fairly quickly. I guess the vaccine did its job!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Halitosis View Post
    Yes, rather like a virus, perhaps ironically. The reason, I suspect, is that ignorant ideas spread more easily through the various social media, which have provided a sort of venous system for stupidity to spread like the Omicron Variant on steroids through the public consciousness. It explains the resurgence of the Flat Earthers and the anti-vaxxers, but it also explains how the hard left were able to take control of a mainstream political party in 2015, and why the more ignorant of the Remainer tropes, like the belief that an additional £350m a week was promised for the NHS, persist to this day.

Master
    Nick Ferrari suggested yesterday that the unvaccinated folks should be getting a £1000 monthly fine until they've fulfilled their responsibility to society. That's harsh, isn't it? £150 would be about right, maybe even something like £75 for the first two months, gradually rising to £200 - and perhaps only for the over-40s at least for now.

Pleased to see that the incoming German chancellor is in favour of this, as well.

Confirmation this morning that the Omicron Variant is significantly more transmissible; it's now the dominant strain in S Africa already and cases have risen sharply there. But will hospitalisations and deaths follow suit? We'll know in a week or two presumably but we don't yet, which is why I feel the reintroduction of some modest restrictions for the time being is a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by monogroover View Post
    Yes, rather like a virus, perhaps ironically. The reason, I suspect, is that ignorant ideas spread more easily through the various social media, which have provided a sort of venous system for stupidity to spread like the Omicron Variant on steroids through the public consciousness. It explains the resurgence of the Flat Earthers and the anti-vaxxers, but it also explains how the hard left were able to take control of a mainstream political party in 2015, and why the more ignorant of the Remainer tropes, like the belief that an additional £350m a week was promised for the NHS, persist to this day.
    Ignorant ideas? Erm that coming from a Brexiteer? LOLZ

Quote Originally Posted by monogroover View Post
    … and why the more ignorant of the Remainer tropes, like the belief that an additional £350m a week was promised for the NHS, persist to this day.
    Oh, go on then …

Not promised maybe, but quite forcibly implied at every possible turn. Anyway, G&D is not the place for bashing the brexit bishop.

G and D rules fellas.

Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post
    G and D rules fellas.
    This ^^^^.
    In fairness to Kirk280 and Onelasttime that was a deliberate piece of political baiting by MG which has no place in the G&D.

Sent from my SM-A125F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ruggertech View Post
    This ^^^^.
    In fairness to Kirk280 and Onelasttime that was a deliberate piece of political baiting by MG which has no place in the G&D.

Sent from my SM-A125F using Tapatalk
    Agreed shame on mongo, we've got the BP for baiting, as he knows full well.
    Last edited by Passenger; 2nd December 2021 at 21:04.