closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Got COVID!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodder View Post
    The scientific evidence is clear, that COVID produces more antibodies than a vaccine. Its obvious I wasn’t talking about a societal position but a personal one. And for an individual they will have more antibodies after catching COVID as opposed to being vaccinated.

Also, what are you going on about; one jab and COVID equals two jabs…??? You’re just flat wrong as you’re clearly making that up.
    https://news.sky.com/story/people-wh...study-12291757

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/...cid=mm7044e1_w

The scientific evidence is clear, that COVID produces more antibodies than a vaccine. Its obvious I wasn’t talking about a societal position but a personal one. And for an individual they will have more antibodies after catching COVID as opposed to being vaccinated.

Also, what are you going on about; one jab and COVID equals two jabs…??? You’re just flat wrong as you’re clearly making that up.
    If COVID produces more antibodies than a vaccine won’t one jab and COVID be better then two jabs?

Had it coming up for two weeks ago, my wife got it a couple of day before me. We're both double-jabbed so were lucky enough to get away with a very mild dose, mostly we both suffered a lot with fatigue and tiredness, my wife worse than me, but the worst was over in a few days. Mind you, I'm coming up to a week since my self-isolation period and I'm still a bit more tired than I would be normally, so there's a bit of a 'tail' to even these mild effects. I lost my sense of taste for a day or so, and then had a couple of days where it was very muted, my wife lost hers for over a week and it's only just coming back properly.

We have a smallish house, so couldn't keep apart from each other, so once one got it, it was highly likely to hit us all. My daughter (14) got it, but only felt off for a couple of days, my son (10) just didn't catch it.

I've got a dispersed team of 10 people, and in the last 6-8 weeks, 2 of them have also had it. It's far from gone away.
    Dave E

Skating away on the thin ice of a new day

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    If COVID produces more antibodies than a vaccine won’t one jab and COVID be better then two jabs?
    I don’t know, I’m not a medical researcher. Perhaps it has no additional effect as it’s doubling up.

But that’s my point, western medicine isn’t based on the general population using logic to formulate a hypothesis and then assuming; well it must be correct.

Or, posting random articles with no comment!

I don’t know, I’m not a medical researcher.
    Then why say reecie was flat wrong?

Hope you are feeling better "notenoughwrists" ? have you finished Homeland ?

Speaking of 'Homeland' I watched 'Amadeus' last night for 1st time in 30+ years and well wow - 'F. Murray-Abraham' what an performance but matched by 'Tom Hulce'....both nominated but 'FMA' got the Oscar.

We had 3rd jab on Wednesday AM by Thursday morning both feeling dreadful ...weak, itchy skin and nauseous.. we had AZ for 1st 2 jabs then Pfizer for the top up ?... I wonder if they expect better resistance by using a cocktail ??

Master

Got COVID!

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Then why say reecie was flat wrong?
    You’re better than this, read the post again and don’t cherry pick. It’s all explained. It’s clear he made the comment based on his own logic.

And to be clear he noted I was flat wrong to begin with for saying catching COVID produces more antibodies than the vaccine, which it does. Even if having a vaccine marginally increases them it still makes his first comment incorrect.
    Last edited by Rodder; 26th November 2021 at 11:56.

What seems to be clear from this thread at least, is that there seems to be more people catching it this time around, I only knew of a handful of people last year that had it, now it’s seems a lot have.
    I guess that’s because of Delta.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonM View Post
    What seems to be clear from this thread at least, is that there seems to be more people catching it this time around, I only knew of a handful of people last year that had it, now it’s seems a lot have.
    I guess that’s because of Delta.
    ............. and because we are not taking it seriously enough. Far too many people completely ignoring basic hygiene. I know that we are all fed up with this thing but it is not going to just go away if we ignore it. We know how it spreads. Stop giving it the means to transmit and we might have a chance. We stopped for a coffee last week and the youngster who brought the coffee to the table handled our "clean" cups just after collecting crockery and used tissues from another table, with no handwashing or sanitising in between. Nooooooooo!

Quote Originally Posted by tixntox View Post
    ............. We stopped for a coffee last week and the youngster who brought the coffee to the table handled our "clean" cups just after collecting crockery and used tissues from another table, with no handwashing or sanitising in between. Nooooooooo!
    That winds me up, especially when they wrap their fingers round the rim to hand it to you.... use the handle! that's what it's for. Sent them back more than once.

Quote Originally Posted by yumma View Post
    I hope you all make speedy recoveries too.

I will add I am double jabbed and I caught Covid in early September this year. I had 5-6 days laid up in bed with the virus which which was like a bad dose of Flu. I have been doing the Zoe Covid study and when logging symptoms I was ticking pretty much every box.

I have been really healthy in most of my adult life; running a lot up to and including Marathon distance, I would be in the gym at least 5 times a week doing a combination of Strength training and Calisthenics (check out my profile pic).

Currently I am still signed off work, I can barely walk for more than 20 minutes without being exhausted, I am now on an Asthma inhaler and am fatigued all the time. I am generally needing 12 hours sleep every day. My coordination is affected and I am still suffering brain fog and constant headaches and chest pain. I am awaiting a chest x-ray and have been referred to the Long-Covid Clinic.

Covid has absolutely floored me and is ruining my health; both physically and now mentally it is getting to me. As someone ordinarily very healthy and mid-forties Covid; but more so, long-Covid is doing a proper number on me.

Be careful all. It really can bite you in the backside.

All the best.

Darren
    Really sorry to hear that. That sounds awful, especially considering how fit and healthy you are/were in general.

Hopefully you get out the other side sooner rather than later. All the best with your recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Really sorry to hear that. That sounds awful, especially considering how fit and healthy you are/were in general.

Hopefully you get out the other side sooner rather than later. All the best with your recovery.
    Thanks very much. It is very much appreciated. All the best. Darren

Craftsman
    It is an incredibly strange virus. I’ve had the proper flu once when I was at uni and was bedridden for days. Covid started with aches, then came the sniffles, then a cough. The latest is my eyelid has blown up and can’t taste or smell a thing!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Mrs Auto tested positive first, then me.
    I thought at first it was a doddle no symptoms, I’ll do my isolation and get back to it.
    After about day 2 the symptoms began day by day, symptom by symptom. Never had a high temp once, or a bad cough to be fair. But the lack of taste and smell was terrible couldn’t even smell whisky, even with my nose literally stuck in the top of the bottle.
    Climbed to the top of the stairs and was blowing! Then the aches, pains and headaches came, they were horrible.
    I’m so glad I had my 2 jabs I’m out of isolation now so have booked the booster!

My wife has bad asthma as do I but she ended up on steroids 8 tablets in one sitting per day! She seems to be ok now but not at work next week.

My 2 children 7 and 8 also tested positive but are still running about as though nothing has happened. The only difference with them both was that they looked a bit peaky.

Not nice, take care everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Master
    I had Covid three weeks ago, thought I had recovered but can get breathless quite easily, almost feeling like at being at a high altitude when just going upstairs

I did do three kickboxing classes last week and thought issues were just cardio related. Anybody else had anything similar and when did you return to full health?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Auto View Post
    Mrs Auto tested positive first, then me.
    I thought at first it was a doddle no symptoms, I’ll do my isolation and get back to it.
    After about day 2 the symptoms began day by day, symptom by symptom. Never had a high temp once, or a bad cough to be fair. But the lack of taste and smell was terrible couldn’t even smell whisky, even with my nose literally stuck in the top of the bottle.
    Climbed to the top of the stairs and was blowing! Then the aches, pains and headaches came, they were horrible.
    I’m so glad I had my 2 jabs I’m out of isolation now so have booked the booster!

My wife has bad asthma as do I but she ended up on steroids 8 tablets in one sitting per day! She seems to be ok now but not at work next week.

My 2 children 7 and 8 also tested positive but are still running about as though nothing has happened. The only difference with them both was that they looked a bit peaky.

Not nice, take care everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    No temperature fever or a real cough (just here and there) for me either. I first felt it last Friday/Saturday and only now I’ve started to feel tired/out of breath doing simple things

I'm currently isolating. My symptoms been OK. No fever or cough and not been breathless at all. Almost a mild cold and then lost smell and taste on day 6 which is just coming back. Currently day 8/9 and cold like symptoms been gone for 3 days now.

I genuinely thought a cold. So how did I find out? PCR test and result on way to airport for holiday.......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now we have a new South African mutation.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

I’m Un jabbed and got Covid 7/11.
    Mild and more like a cold. Day 10 after isolation. Worsened Day 11 asked Dr for some antibiotics as I suspected Pneumonia. Wasn’t given any, he sent an ambulance. I was taken to Cramlington A&E Ambulatory Care. Where I was diagnosed with Pneumonia. However blood tests, xRays and ecg they wanted me back in 19th for a CT scan, they found two pulmonary embolisms on my right lung. Covid induced allegedly. Antibiotics, blood thinning injection and 3 months of blood thinners. Still coughing up blood.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    Now we have a new South African mutation.
    Yep. My next door neighbours*) are supposed to be on the flight from Capetown today... They were there for 10 days before this new type erupted. I haven't seen them yet, so I suppose that they're quarantined at Schiphol.

(I had a conversation with a former IDF officer a while back. He told me that he'd had to go into quarantine when he arrived from the US, back in the early days of Covid. He said: "10 days in a hotel room. That's when the military training kicked in: what to do when captured!" So he had 'mentally' divided the room is sectors: eating sleeping workout and work. He did physical workouts during a large part of the day. According to his wife (wife's friend from university): "...he came home much fitter than when he left!" )

*) Their home is about 500m from our home. Glad it is. Geographical distance = social distance in this case.
    Last edited by thieuster; 28th November 2021 at 18:11.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrickJ View Post
    It is an incredibly strange virus. I’ve had the proper flu once when I was at uni and was bedridden for days. Covid started with aches, then came the sniffles, then a cough. The latest is my eyelid has blown up and can’t taste or smell a thing!

But I suppose that’s to be expected considering it could loss be the first man made virus to spread the way it has.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Yorkshiremadmick View Post
    I’m Un jabbed and got Covid 7/11.
    Mild and more like a cold. Day 10 after isolation. Worsened Day 11 asked Dr for some antibiotics as I suspected Pneumonia. Wasn’t given any, he sent an ambulance. I was taken to Cramlington A&E Ambulatory Care. Where I was diagnosed with Pneumonia. However blood tests, xRays and ecg they wanted me back in 19th for a CT scan, they found two pulmonary embolisms on my right lung. Covid induced allegedly. Antibiotics, blood thinning injection and 3 months of blood thinners. Still coughing up blood.

That does not sound too good; I hope your symptoms improve from here on.

I think before you expressed doubts on this forum about getting vaccinated. Do you regret your decision now at all?

Sounds like a rough health outcome, avoidably costlier and time consuming for the NHS too, why not just have the jabs YMM?

Quote Originally Posted by Tatters View Post
    That does not sound too good; I hope your symptoms improve from here on.

I think before you expressed doubts on this forum about getting vaccinated. Do you regret your decision now at all?
    No don’t regret not having them.

There was a chance you would not have been able to reply to this Mick, seriously.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post
    Sounds like a rough health outcome, avoidably costlier and time consuming for the NHS too, why not just have the jabs YMM?
    I was one of the only ones in there, no jab, everyone else was double or triple jabbed, all with breathing difficulties. So who was costlier and more time consuming for the NHS ? Certainly not me.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    There was a chance you would not have been able to reply to this Mick, seriously.
    Yep there was, that’s true. I could have also had a tree fall on me as a result of Storm Arwen and our 98mph wind gust in North Northumberland

Yep there was, that’s true. I could have also had a tree fall on me as a result of Storm Arwen and our 98mph wind gust in North Northumberland
    Risk and likelihood very different - glad you are ok Mick.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

... So who was costlier and more time consuming for the NHS ? Certainly not me.
    But very likely more costly and time consuming compared with if you had been double-jabbed.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    Risk and likelihood very different - glad you are ok Mick.
    Thanks

I was one of the only ones in there, no jab, everyone else was double or triple jabbed, all with breathing difficulties. So who was costlier and more time consuming for the NHS ? Certainly not me.

All the best for a swift return to the level of health you enjoyed before this, but I'm still none the wiser as to why you didn't just have the jabs, thereby do your bit for the public health effort as well as yourself, you might've very well avoided the whole sorry episode...again, all the best.

I think I’ve developed a odd post Covid affliction, my sense of taste and smell has come back, but oddly, I constantly smell stale, almost like cigarette like smoke , came on a few days ago. Googling this issue and it’s been reported fairly often. It’s not very nice.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Craftsman
    I think I’ve developed a odd post Covid affliction, my sense of taste and smell has come back, but oddly, I constantly smell stale, almost like cigarette like smoke , came on a few days ago. Googling this issue and it’s been reported fairly often. It’s not very nice.
    Weird. If it is not too personal, do you objectively smell stale, e.g. to other people, or is this a subjective perception because of what COVID has done to your sense of smell?

I honestly cannot understand people like you.

Glad you are well though.

Thanks Passenger

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk280 View Post
    I honestly cannot understand people like you.

Glad you are well though.
    I honestly can’t understand the jab. Never had flu in my life and only 3 colds, till I got Covid off my mate, he’s triple jabbed as a prison officer.
    Not had any jabs since School

Jesus Christ. There’s no arguing with stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Jesus Christ. There’s no arguing with stupid.
    Indeed, with some all the evidence counts for nothing.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Well Done Learningfly name calling and always Number2

Quote Originally Posted by Tatters View Post
    Weird. If it is not too personal, do you objectively smell stale, e.g. to other people, or is this a subjective perception because of what COVID has done to your sense of smell?
    Sorry, I didn’t explain myself well, it’s not me that smells like stale smoke, it’s just that I can smell stale smoke constantly.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/lost-or-changed-sense-smell/

Glad you are on the mend Mick. I'm jabbed and prefer others to be jabbed also but at the same time appreciate it is ones individual choice.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Glad you are on the mend Mick. I'm jabbed and prefer others to be jabbed also but at the same time appreciate it is ones individual choice.
    Thanks Ryan741
    Two nurses & a sister were all in tears, talking to me at separate times. Sister told me well done for not having it. All three of them FORCED against their wishes to be jabbed or lose their jobs.
    That’s not right, surely.

Thanks Ryan741
    Two nurses & a sister were all in tears, talking to me at separate times. Sister told me well done for not having it. All three of them FORCED against their wishes to be jabbed or lose their jobs.
    That’s not right, surely.

RIGHT by me.

Sack them too if persuading patients not to be jabbed.

Sorry, I didn’t explain myself well, it’s not me that smells like stale smoke, it’s just that I can smell stale smoke constantly.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/lost-o...d-sense-smell/
    I’ve had that for about three weeks now, although not aware of having had Covid. Of course, that’s not to say I haven’t had it, but with minimal symptoms. Triple jabbed, so feasible that I may have had it without realising.

Cheers

Foggy

just imagine if 150,000 were killed by falling tree’s, we would all carry chainsaws...

Got COVID!

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Without straying to much into BP commentary, I do not appreciate an individuals choice in this regard.

It is selfish desires of the individual, and does not look at the wider massive impact on the NHS and individual support workers in the NHS who have to look after these people, sometimes in completely harrowing circumstances associated with ventilation. The impact on the NHS staff is enormous.

Maybe the NHS staff should express an individual choice and decide they are not going to make any effort for the unvaccinated.

It works both ways. Thankfully they NHS staff are more professional and not as stupid as the unvaccinated.

Don’t get the vaccine, then you shouldn’t expect to be bailed out when the sh1t hits the fan.

Sometimes you have to question the Hippocratic oath when you have such dumb folk around.
    Last edited by noTAGlove; 28th November 2021 at 20:45.

Craftsman
    Modern medicine is built on a scientific consensus. The scientific consensus is that being vaccinated helps protects yourself and those you come into contact with, especially if you are a front-line medical worker. If you want to work in the NHS you have to accept the science that underpins it.

Those nurses and that sister had a choice: accept the science as it applies personally to them, or don’t work in the NHS. So they had the vaccines, they are still working, and the sky did not fall in.

From personal experience - a few years ago I was a subject in a cancer drug trial, so I have had more than my fair share of needles, cannulations, and questionable substances pumped into me. What’s the big deal with a small vaccination?
    Last edited by Tatters; 28th November 2021 at 20:45.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TKH View Post
    Hope you are feeling better "notenoughwrists" ? have you finished Homeland ?

Speaking of 'Homeland' I watched 'Amadeus' last night for 1st time in 30+ years and well wow - 'F. Murray-Abraham' what an performance but matched by 'Tom Hulce'....both nominated but 'FMA' got the Oscar.

We had 3rd jab on Wednesday AM by Thursday morning both feeling dreadful ...weak, itchy skin and nauseous.. we had AZ for 1st 2 jabs then Pfizer for the top up ?... I wonder if they expect better resistance by using a cocktail ??
    Can I ask if you’re feeling better after the Pfizer jab - has the feeling unwell passed ?

Sister told me well done for not having it.
    That's appalling.
    Don't just do something, sit there. - TNH

I honestly can’t understand the jab. Never had flu in my life and only 3 colds, till I got Covid off my mate, he’s triple jabbed as a prison officer.
    Not had any jabs since School

I’d be very happy to explain the science behind the vaccines to you mate, if you want me to?