closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 8 of 32 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Got COVID!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    Oh, go on then …

Not promised maybe, but quite forcibly implied at every possible turn. Anyway, G&D is not the place for bashing the brexit bishop.
    You know the rules and do it anyway. What a wonderful way to respect the platform!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ruggertech View Post
    This ^^^^.
    In fairness to Kirk280 and Onelasttime that was a deliberate piece of political baiting by MG which has no place in the G&D.

Sent from my SM-A125F using Tapatalk
    Apologies….I should know better!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk280 View Post
    Apologies….I should know better!
    No problemo :)

Quote Originally Posted by Rodder View Post
    You know the rules and do it anyway. What a wonderful way to respect the platform!!!
    You know the rules but quoted it anyway? What a wonderful way to respect the platform!!!

Craftsman
    On train to London and mask wearing is 70/30 yes/no. Could not get a more densely packed closed environment if you tried.

14 day update: Jeff Wode is feeling better. No temperature, headaches have gone, I feel much much better in myself. I’m still nose-blind, still coughing and still feeling the fatigue, but I’m no longer feeling unwell. And finally today, not testing positive on the lateral flow.

The weirdest thing for me is the impact on physical endurance, my capacity for exercise has really taken a hit. This morning’s easy couple of miles’ walk with the dogs was a real effort, and I’ve never had that sort of effect from illness before. I suspect it will take some time to get back to where I was.

Quote Originally Posted by PreacherCain View Post
    14 day update: Jeff Wode is feeling better. No temperature, headaches have gone, I feel much much better in myself. I’m still nose-blind, still coughing and still feeling the fatigue, but I’m no longer feeling unwell. And finally today, not testing positive on the lateral flow.

The weirdest thing for me is the impact on physical endurance, my capacity for exercise has really taken a hit. This morning’s easy couple of miles’ walk with the dogs was a real effort, and I’ve never had that sort of effect from illness before. I suspect it will take some time to get back to where I was.
    That sounds frightening, wishing you a speedy recovery.
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    That sounds frightening, wishing you a speedy recovery.
    Thanks, Raffe - it is quite a weird experience. On the advice of NHS111 I got a pulse oximeter to keep an eye on Oxygen levels and they’ve remained healthy throughout, which is reassuring. The exercise thing feels very similar to altitude - a few years back we went on holiday to Utah and Colorado, and maintaining any sort of pace on a hike meant lots of huffing and puffing. I’m sure it will improve though, my main problem is self-control and not rushing it!

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wallyuk View Post
    On train to London and mask wearing is 70/30 yes/no. Could not get a more densely packed closed environment if you tried.
    I used the train from Leeds to Huddersfield (Transpennine Express) last Wednesday and mask compliance was almost 100%. Similar on the local train I caught, around 90% wearing masks. Exceptions I recall were a couple of foreign- sounding birds (East Europeans) and a fat bloke.

Wearing masks on the stations was lower, probably 50-60%, with significant numbers of knob-noses (nose protruding over top of mask).

Even though I’m 100% in favour of mask- wearing, I detest the bloody things. Steamed- up glasses is the biggest inconvenience for me, can’t see a bloody thing sometimes so the glasses go on my head........not ideal!

Thanks, Raffe - it is quite a weird experience. On the advice of NHS111 I got a pulse oximeter to keep an eye on Oxygen levels and they’ve remained healthy throughout, which is reassuring. The exercise thing feels very similar to altitude - a few years back we went on holiday to Utah and Colorado, and maintaining any sort of pace on a hike meant lots of huffing and puffing. I’m sure it will improve though, my main problem is self-control and not rushing it!
    Heck that sounds rough, just shows how even vaxed this thing is no joke. Best of luck for a full recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post
    Anyone know any guidelines for taking a PCR test for flying after having covid to ensure negative? My 10 days ended Monday and wanting to take a PCR tomorrow to fly on Fri. Done rapid tests the last few days and all negative. No real guidance I could find online....

Any update on this?
    Cheers..
    Jase

I had a friend who had covid a few weeks ago.

Everyday he walks his dog up a hill near his house. He got up one morning and half way up feels knackered and out of breath, goes home and the next day is ill and tests positive. He was quite ill for a few days - coughing etc, but is fine now.

He is double vaccinated with AstraZeneca. His wife had just got her booster and the following day she also fell ill and tested positive, but only had mild symptoms.

At least you are on the mend.

Had Covid now for a week and this is the first day i've been up. It's pretty unpleasant - extreme fatigue and horrendous headaches and aches. Strangely its been exactly like the swine flu bout i suffered - only difference is the lack of taste and smell with CV19. I can completely understand why the old / unfit might have problems battling through - its evil! Get your vaccinations and boasters..

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    I used the train from Leeds to Huddersfield (Transpennine Express) last Wednesday and mask compliance was almost 100%. Similar on the local train I caught, around 90% wearing masks. Exceptions I recall were a couple of foreign- sounding birds (East Europeans) and a fat bloke.

Wearing masks on the stations was lower, probably 50-60%, with significant numbers of knob-noses (nose protruding over top of mask).

Even though I’m 100% in favour of mask- wearing, I detest the bloody things. Steamed- up glasses is the biggest inconvenience for me, can’t see a bloody thing sometimes so the glasses go on my head........not ideal!
    I went in to Nottingham on a packed tram 6 weeks ago and despite there being notices everywhere telling you to wear a mask the only people wearing them were me and an old women but the rest of the passengers were chavs all stinking of dope though so that might be the reason why

Craftsman
    An oximeter sounds a great idea; I think with this disease you may not realise how sick you really are as your oxygen levels plummet, so that you don’t go to hospital as soon as you should.

Quote Originally Posted by studly View Post
    I had a friend who had covid a few weeks ago.

Everyday he walks his dog up a hill near his house. He got up one morning and half way up feels knackered and out of breath, goes home and the next day is ill and tests positive. He was quite ill for a few days - coughing etc, but is fine now.

He is double vaccinated with AstraZeneca. His wife had just got her booster and the following day she also fell ill and tested positive, but only had mild symptoms.

At least you are on the mend.
    I wonder for a given person does 'double vaccinated, caught it, and suffered badly' translate to 'fatality' without the vaccination? Possibly there's no correlation, but it must be a real reminder of your mortality if you have the best protection and are still hit hard.

I’m on a train heading into London at the moment and I’m pleased to say that there’s 100% face mask compliance in this carriage.

Don't just do something, sit there. - TNH

Master

I came out of hospital covid ward on 4th August and I'm still struggling to get back to what I was doing exercise wise pre covid, sometimes just hit a wall for no apparent reason, taste is still very strange.
    I was told by doctors/consultants that I might never get back to how I was, just be patient and take it one step at a time, literally.

Master

Hope you get well soon, and take it easy with the dog walking!

Quote Originally Posted by Weirdfish View Post
    I came out of hospital covid ward on 4th August and I'm still struggling to get back to what I was doing exercise wise pre covid, sometimes just hit a wall for no apparent reason, taste is still very strange.
    I was told by doctors/consultants that I might never get back to how I was, just be patient and take it one step at a time, literally.
    Sheesh, genuinely all the best.

Take care, both. I hope you fully recover as quickly as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonM View Post
    Any update on this?
    Jup! I came back negative!

A big sigh of relief and will fly tomorrow. The tester was pessimistic on my chances, but said if my symptoms were as mild as I thought I could get lucky, which I did. Some manic packing today as I really didn't keep my hoped up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    As an aside, always suspected I had covid in April 20. No tests were available at that time. Is it possible now to test if you have ever had it?

A big sigh of relief and will fly tomorrow. The tester was pessimistic on my chances, but said if my symptoms were as mild as I thought I could get lucky, which I did. Some manic packing today as I really didn't keep my hoped up.

Nice one!
    Cheers..
    Jase

Excellent! I hope you have a brilliant time.

Got COVID!

Thanks chaps. A bit of sun during the colder days will be a welcome relief and a pretty good way to see out the rest of 2021!

A little annoyed as my initial timings had me lined up perfectly with dubai watch week and had a few events I wanted to attend!

Master
    Thanks chaps. A bit of sun during the colder days will be a welcome relief and a pretty good way to see out the rest of 2021!
    A little annoyed as my initial timings had me lined up perfectly with dubai watch week and had a few events I wanted to attend!
    That’s great news, enjoy the sun :-) We’re hoping to go to the Cran Canaria in a couple of weeks, subject to things not changing.

Out of interest has anyone had the booster jab and got covid? What were the symptoms like? Know of quite a few people that are double jabbed and got covid with various outcomes, from no real affects at all to in bed for days with flu, but don’t know anyone whose had the third jab getting it.

'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Master
    Blog Entries

Enjoy J - keep us poor country bumpkins in your thoughts…

Quote Originally Posted by barneygumble View Post
    I wonder for a given person does 'double vaccinated, caught it, and suffered badly' translate to 'fatality' without the vaccination? Possibly there's no correlation, but it must be a real reminder of your mortality if you have the best protection and are still hit hard.
    I don't know, but I do know of a 38 year old who did not get the vaccine as he wasn't sure if it was safe and who has since caught covid and is now in hospital with pneumonia and blood clots in his legs. He was extremely fit before he got ill.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bobc View Post
    As an aside, always suspected I had covid in April 20. No tests were available at that time. Is it possible now to test if you have ever had it?
    It is possible, by doing a couple of different antibody tests, one conventional one for antibodies against the spike protein (positive after both natural infection and the vaccine) and one for antibodies against another viral component, the ‘nucleocapsid’, which you only get after natural infection.
    I believe it’s possible to get this done privately, but I don’t know what it would cost.

Quote Originally Posted by drmarkf View Post
    It is possible, by doing a couple of different antibody tests, one conventional one for antibodies against the spike protein (positive after both natural infection and the vaccine) and one for antibodies against another viral component, the ‘nucleocapsid’, which you only get after natural infection.
    I believe it’s possible to get this done privately, but I don’t know what it would cost.
    You can send off for an antibody test kit from Lloyds pharmacy and elsewhere. Ł50. Pin prick blood sample into a phial.

Quote Originally Posted by Fender View Post
    You can send off for an antibody test kit from Lloyds pharmacy and elsewhere. Ł50. Pin prick blood sample into a phial.
    If you are vaccinated, your serological test will show that you have antibodies. If you want to know if these are from the vaccine or an earlier infection, it gets a bit more complicated just like drmarkf has described it.

Quote Originally Posted by alexaff View Post
    I know someone who got the first jab at 42 fit and healthy, she had 2 young kids and died of a brain haemorrhage 3 days after the jab. I know 1 person that’s died from the jab and zero thats died from covid although I do know people that have been ill jabbed and hospitalised. Terrible situation.
    You seem to spread bad luck. Better stay indoors.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by drmarkf View Post
    Thanks for that drmarkf. It seems likely that the cost of doing this is going to be higher than the level of my curiosity. Interesting to know that it's possible though.

I know someone who got the first jab at 42 fit and healthy, she had 2 young kids and died of a brain haemorrhage 3 days after the jab. I know 1 person that’s died from the jab and zero thats died from covid although I do know people that have been ill jabbed and hospitalised. Terrible situation.
    I know two people, one close family, one close friend, who have died from covid. Both before covid jabs existed. But then 150k or thereabouts have succumbed to the virus, so the chances of knowing someone who did are fairly high.
    The chances of personally knowing two that have died from the jab alone is very bad luck indeed.

And has the vaccine been found to be the cause of death or is it just coincidence?

That’s quite important as many people keep quoting the adverse event reporting system numbers without acknowledging that many of these can’t not be linked to the vaccine.

Otherwise, it is just a suspicion of a sad event whereas the deaths from COVID can be directly linked and there are still many more occurring even now!

I don’t know 2, just 1 as I mentioned above.
    I see, I read it as two but can see where I went wrong. My condolences for the one anyway.

Thanks for the heartfelt well wishes, much appreciated.
    Indeed, as you say, terrible situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruggertech View Post
    I see, I read it as two but can see where I went wrong. My condolences for the one anyway.

I had read it as two as well.

My condolences for a friend who passed away, even though it is extremely unlikely that is has been caused by the vaccination.

You read it wrong, as for telling me to stay indoors- why would I do that? Do you really think I’m going to take advice from you?
    Alex, calm down.

I read it as two and we all know this is statistically impossible. We had someone here only last week who claimed to know three people who fell seriously ill from the vaccine, which is obviously BS and a little poking resulted in him as being outed as dealer of both Rolex as well as fake watches.

As I wrote above, sad story that a friend of you died. Let's leave it there.

Sorry for your loss. I think it's fair to say you know 1 person who died most likely coincidentally after receiving the jab, as you say you haven't seen the death certificate... so it'd be inaccurate at the moment to say she died from the jab.

What has a fake Rolex dealer and vaccines got to do with me. Sorry raffe but your talking codswallop.
    Ok.

Ok- I’ll ask the family for the death certificate to confirm this once they’ve finished grieving.
    I don't think this discussion is necessary, even less so in the G&D.
    It is quite normal for you and her relatives to link the vaccine with the death of your friend as brain haemorrhage has been reported as one of the risks of VITT (vaccine-induced immune thrombotic thrombocytopenia).
    It is even more tragic if indeed there is a causation link, because being 42 and fit means that by the time she was jabbed it was a) a known possible side effect and b) treatment was known and straightforward I believe.
    In any case it was definitely a yellow flag.

However the only way to be sure would be to properly investigate (search for antibodies to PF4).

Therefore I suggest we show a little more empathy to Alex and cut him some slack. It's hard enough as it is. TIA
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Thing is guys it could have been the vaccine that killed that person. We know some people do die after taking vaccines (AZ in particular). It is rare, and a lot more rare than dying from Covid but unfortunately some people are unlucky and there is no reason to question alexaff on his belief this has happened as he has been on these forums for a long time and I can't recall a single time where he was found to be untruthful before.

That being said people die in air crashes and I (and most people) choose to fly, it is all about having a balanced view of one's own personal risk assessment.

Ok- I’ll ask the family for the death certificate to confirm this once they’ve finished grieving.
    Sorry alexaff.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Thing is guys it could have been the vaccine that killed that person. We know some people do die after taking vaccines (AZ in particular). It is rare, and a lot more rare than dying from Covid but unfortunately some people are unlucky and there is no reason to question alexaff on his belief this has happened as he has been on these forums for a long time and I can't recall a single time where he was found to be untruthful before.

That being said people die in air crashes and I (and most people) choose to fly, it is all about having a balanced view of one's own personal risk assessment.
    Good response

“ “There are currently c.500 cases (as at November 2021) that require assessment, with this volume currently increasing per week by c.20 cases,” notes a recent government tender document for the running of the service. “It is estimated that in year one of the contract there will be c1500-1800 claims that will require assessment within the first year of the contract,” it adds.”

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...cines-unlucky/

Craftsman
    I had my Covid vaccine booster today (Pfizer), and a flu jab; I went in there with the understanding that all medical treatments potentially carry some risk, no matter how small, perhaps even a risk of death in very extreme and unusual circumstances. However, I also believe the risk of catching and dying of Covid, albeit low, is greater than the vaccines. I would far rather that Covid never happened at all, or it never spread around the world, but I might as well wish for the moon on a stick. This is the world we live in now, and this is the choice we have to make between relative risks. I trust the scientists and the doctors when they tell us to have the vaccines, rather than trusting in Facebook, or anecdotal evidence on the Internet, or a friend of a friend, when they tell us to not.

Well said Tatters.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Quote Originally Posted by JasonM View Post
    Well said Tatters.
    Couldn't agree more.