closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 17 of 32 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Got COVID!

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by tixntox View Post
    I went for my third dose today (triple whammy) and spoke to the nurse, saying "I'll bet that you will be glad when this is all over won't you?" She said, nodding towards the hospital next door "It's a long, long way from being anything like over and won't be until people start to take it more seriously! That place is filling up rapidly again!" Take care, get well soon. Also I really recommend you to have a look at this great article. I am not hinting at anything :)
    That nurse is 100% right, people still are not taking the whole situation around seriously and that is really weird!
    Last edited by Owren; 30th December 2021 at 17:50.

HELP!!

I, my wife and two kids all tested + for C19 10 days ago. We have all been stuck indoors for 9 days and nights, allowed out tomorrow.

My wife and I started doing lateral flow tests 2 days ago in case we could escape today, under the new rules, but they continue to come back positive.

We've both just done another one each and both are still positive.

Does this mean we must continue to isolate, or after 10 days, can we safely say that we're not contagious anymore?

Funnily enough, we all still have cough and cold symptoms, bunged up runny noses and I still feel hot and clammy. It's been bloody awfiul.

Not sure what to do. Going mental after 10 days in the house with a 3 and a 1 year old.

ETA - The fatigue has been awful. I've never felt so ruined and tired in my life. I think Omicron is said to make some people seriously fatigued. That's certainly the worst part of it for me and my wife.
    Last edited by mr noble; 23rd December 2021 at 22:59.

Quote Originally Posted by mr noble View Post
    I, my wife and two kids all tested + for C19 10 days ago. We have all been stuck indoors for 9 days and nights, allowed out tomorrow.

My wife and I started doing lateral flow tests 2 days ago in case we could escape today, under the new rules, but they continue to come back positive.

Does this mean we must continue to isolate, or after 10 days, can we safely say that we're not contagious anymore?

Funnily enough, we all still have cough and cold symptoms, bunged up runny noses and I still feel hot and clammy. It's been bloody awfiul.

Not sure what to do. Going mental after 10 days in the house with a 3 and a 1 year old.

ETA - The fatigue has been awful. I've never felt so ruined and tired in my life. I think Omicron is said to make some people seriously fatigued. That's certainly the worst part of it for me and my wife.
    Generally, LFT tests will show positive if somebody still has potential to pass the virus on, so it appears as though you remain contagious.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Looks like you aren't ready to mingle until you've tested negative.

NHS:
    You usually have to self-isolate for 10 full days if you've tested positive for coronavirus (COVID-19).

You might need to self-isolate for longer if you get symptoms while self-isolating or your symptoms do not go away.
    -----

If you have COVID-19 symptoms you should stay at home and self-isolate immediately. You should arrange to have a PCR test as soon as possible. If this PCR test result is positive, you must continue to self-isolate.
    Good luck. Keep your bloody chin up!

What a bloody nightmare.

Looks like Mum is spending Christmas on her own after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Dm1672 View Post
    I've been following John Campbell for the last few months,he's been very good with the data.
    Latest one has a clip from the Aussie pm which is interesting and hopefully we follow suit.

https://youtu.be/LVl5OkHcvf4

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk
    So Australia, whom I believe have taken a hard line in favour of public safety, are going for herd immunity??

That's a welcome surprise. Fingers crossed on Omicron.

Craftsman
    Dr Campbell the youtuber has already been debunked as spreading lies and miss information! Watching his videos is dangerous!

Quote Originally Posted by Neal666 View Post
    Dr Campbell the youtuber has already been debunked as spreading lies and miss information! Watching his videos is dangerous!
    Really? Note made.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What a bloody nightmare.

Looks like Mum is spending Christmas on her own after all.
    Pretty sure you only ever need to isolate for longer than 10 Days if you still have certain symptoms (a cough doesn’t count). The NHS will be far better placed to advise than a watch forum mind you

Quote Originally Posted by Neal666 View Post
    Debunked by who? I’ve watched a fair few and he seems fairly non controversial

Quote Originally Posted by Dm1672 View Post
    I've been following John Campbell for the last few months,he's been very good with the data.
    Latest one has a clip from the Aussie pm which is interesting and hopefully we follow suit.

https://youtu.be/LVl5OkHcvf4
    Be careful - he has been debunked a few times recently and his veil has slipped somewhat.

His 'Dr' status is due to his PhD - which was developing remote learning for Nurse education.
    Last edited by Chris_in_the_UK; 24th December 2021 at 10:27.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Master
    That's useful to know, thank-you. I've watched a few of his videos recently and did find them quite reasonable, nothing controversial. Just looked at his LinkedIn page where he describes himself as a nurse working in A and E, nothing wrong with that but not what I expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    Be careful - he has been debunked a few times recently and his veil has slipped somewhat.

His 'Dr' status is due to his PhD - which was developing remote learning for Nurse education.
    Oh ffs. You can't trust anyone.

That being said, the video footage he shared was pretty clear. Australia have performed something of a volte face.
    Fingers crossed, end in sight.

Quote Originally Posted by monogroover View Post
    That's useful to know, thank-you. I've watched a few of his videos recently and did find them quite reasonable, nothing controversial. Just looked at his LinkedIn page where he describes himself as a nurse working in A and E, nothing wrong with that but not what I expected.
    A modern Tory voter not doing their due diligence?

Who’d a thought it?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk280 View Post
    A modern Tory voter not doing their due diligence?

Who’d a thought it?
    G and D?
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by monogroover View Post
    Unfortunately there are many people out there who appear to be eminently qualified to comment, many it seems are no more qualified than the man on the Clapham omnibus.

Master
    Wife came home from a night shift this morning, feeling rough did a LFT and two lines appeared so being too tired to drive back to work for a PCR with a rapid result, I booked her in to our local drive in centre, when she got there, it was manic even being Christmas Day, we have been a few times over the last year and a bit and it’s always empty not today she had to que.
    She’s now had to take time off work to self isolate which is causing her problems as she had just picked up a load of shifts to cover for someone who has been signed off after an accident, but I’m sure she will find someone willing to work tonight, the 27th and 28th and then New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day, the joys of a 24/7 shift pattern in the hospital.

We’re some of the strange people who don’t buy any food in for the festive period as we visit people on Christmas Day and Boxing Day, so the cupboards are empty pending a shop on the 27th, luckily the corner shop is open tomorrow and my parents are bringing lunch over for us to put in the microwave as we can’t go to them, well me and the kids can, but my step grandad is 93 and my step gran has just come out of hospital so we’re not going to risk it.

What an absolute bummer, you are doing the right thing. Hope you are able to get all of the provisions you need. We’re currently running Plan B after MIL tested positive this morning. It’s rife.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post

IIRC his videos were mentioned on here, by one of the most respected members who post here, at the early stages of the pandemic.

Would be interested to hear in what specific ways he has been debunked lately?

Thought his background was common knowledge. Are you saying the sources he links to are incorrect?

I have only watched a couple and recall that he leaves the links and always makes a point of directing people to do their own research.

He also seems consistent in stating his contempt for how certain governments have dealt with the pandemic, including the UK and USA.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Curta View Post
    What an absolute bummer, you are doing the right thing. Hope you are able to get all of the provisions you need. We’re currently running Plan B after MIL tested positive this morning. It’s rife.
    Bad news is it's absolutely rife.
    Good news is it's a cold.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gbn13 View Post
    IIRC his videos were mentioned on here, by one of the most respected members who post here, at the early stages of the pandemic.

Would be interested to hear in what specific ways he has been debunked lately?

Thought his background was common knowledge. Are you saying the sources he links to are incorrect?

I have only watched a couple and recall that he leaves the links and always makes a point of directing people to do their own research.

He also seems consistent in stating his contempt for how certain governments have dealt with the pandemic, including the UK and USA.
    It's very easy with the benefit of hindsight to have "contempt for how certain governments have dealt with the pandemic, including the UK and USA."

Most of the time they're damned if they do, and damned if they don't.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    It's very easy with the benefit of hindsight to have "contempt for how certain governments have dealt with the pandemic, including the UK and USA."

It was (and still is) demonstrably easy with the benefit of foresight too. For example, next month's mess was entirely avoidable last month and even for some of this month. But not tomorrow when the stable door will be firmly and decisively shut.

Agreed, it’s a domain where hindsight is 20/20.
    However those who lost relatives in care home in this country at the beginning of the pandemic might think that hindsight is not a good excuse; likewise in the US when so much could have been avoided -or at least delayed- if the then government had listened to those who knew what was likely going to happen.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    Agreed, it’s a domain where hindsight is 20/20.
    However those who lost relatives in care home in this country at the beginning of the pandemic might think that hindsight is not a good excuse; likewise in the US when so much could have been avoided -or at least delayed- if the then government had listened to those who knew what was likely going to happen.
    Fine if you knew which people 'knew what was likely going to happen'.

As for people who lost relatives in care homes yes that is tragic. But people still wanted to visit them without worrying about taking covid into them. It's all too easy to point the finger I think.

Master
    Both my girls tested positive earlier in this week (both in their 20’s) so thankfully they are spending today together
    That’s left me on my jack - just can’t be too careful

As for people who lost relatives in care homes yes that is tragic. But people still wanted to visit them without worrying about taking covid into them. It's all too easy to point the finger I think.
    No. Releasing people from hospital into care homes in times of pandemic was criminal, regardless of which way you can put it. And listening to your head scientist(s) was the one you can do when you don't know who to turn to.
    There were mistakes made everywhere, where not knowing was a valid excuse. There were things committed in many countries that are inexcusable.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    No. Releasing people from hospital into care homes in times of pandemic was criminal, regardless of which way you can put it. And listening to your head scientist(s) was the one you can do when you don't know who to turn to.
    There were mistakes made everywhere, where not knowing was a valid excuse. There were things committed in many countries that are inexcusable.

I don't believe I said otherwise regarding releasing people into care homes, just that people did still want to visit their relatives in care homes regardless of the risk.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bloater View Post
    Wife came home from a night shift this morning, feeling rough did a LFT and two lines appeared so being too tired to drive back to work for a PCR with a rapid result, I booked her in to our local drive in centre, when she got there, it was manic even being Christmas Day, we have been a few times over the last year and a bit and it’s always empty not today she had to que.
    She’s now had to take time off work to self isolate which is causing her problems as she had just picked up a load of shifts to cover for someone who has been signed off after an accident, but I’m sure she will find someone willing to work tonight, the 27th and 28th and then New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day, the joys of a 24/7 shift pattern in the hospital.

We’re some of the strange people who don’t buy any food in for the festive period as we visit people on Christmas Day and Boxing Day, so the cupboards are empty pending a shop on the 27th, luckily the corner shop is open tomorrow and my parents are bringing lunch over for us to put in the microwave as we can’t go to them, well me and the kids can, but my step grandad is 93 and my step gran has just come out of hospital so we’re not going to risk it.
    Hey thats not what Santa ordered. Truly hope you and the family get through the quarantine safely and at least enjoy NYE

Steve

Master
    Driving home for Christmas - Trains and boats and planes - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-59793040
    Mobile petri dishes!

‘Petri dish’………….

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post
    ‘Petri dish’………….
    That's why all the "hotspots" are around transport hubs. The pub and club effect is secondary to the international spread effect. Look at the figures on the island of Corfu before and after the influx ( and reflux ) of tourists!

Some real-world data for the hard of thinking from the US Midwest:

Link
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    Some real-world data for the hard of thinking from the US Midwest:

Link
    That must surely be simple enough to understand. I wonder what the unvaccinated will find wrong with it?

(stolen btw hope you don't mind!)

I wonder what the unvaccinated will find wrong with it?
    Just look at the comments underneath the post.

"Brainwashing" "False numbers" "Cr*ck of cr*p" "Propaganda"

The asteroid cannot come quick enough.

Blog Entries
    Just look at the comments underneath the post.

"Brainwashing" "False numbers" "Cr*ck of cr*p" "Propaganda"

Ha ha ha. Enter Private Frazer.......

I'm guessing you're unaware of the Johns Hopkins University study ahead of the Pandemic...btw they've a world class reputation for research... which gathered data from iirc 120 countries on the subject of ascertaining their preparedness for a pandemic, they looked at wealth, their health systems, whether they had well established strong scientific and technical knowledge and infrastructure that kind of thing...Do you know the 2 nations adjudged to be best capable of managing, coping best with such an incident...clue, 'special relationship'.
    If only leaders had led.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...c-report-says/
    Last edited by Passenger; 26th December 2021 at 19:09.

"Asteroid" = "Omicron" in this case. If there's any consolation about the fact Omicron spreads so fast it is that everyone will get it, including the unvaccinated. Darwinism in action.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post
    I'm guessing you're unaware of the Johns Hopkins University study ahead of the Pandemic...btw they've a world class reputation for research... which gathered data from iirc 120 countries on the subject of ascertaining their preparedness for a pandemic, they looked at wealth, their health systems, whether they had well established strong scientific and technical knowledge and infrastructure that kind of thing...Do you know the 2 nations adjudged to be best capable of managing, coping best with such an incident...clue, 'special relationship'.
    If only leaders had led.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...c-report-says/
    Well the link is behind a paywall so I probably never will know, or care.

Probably as many as are prepared for an asteroid strike, or Yellowstone erupting or a tsunami, or a nuclear reactor meltdown or......I must start on that shelter.

Last edited by oldoakknives; 26th December 2021 at 19:46.

Master

Yes, without a doubt. It was established that the strongest route of the virus into care homes was community transmission; as you may know a report from Public Health England (below) later identified 1.6% of care home outbreaks as being linked to hospital discharger. It's unfortunate that many of these care homes had inadequate infection control too, and clearly the government wasn't responsible for that. But unprecedented circumstances caught everyone unawares.

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...home-outbreaks

Worth remembering too that PPE and testing were both in very limited availability at that time. Medical professionals clearly felt a duty of responsibility to keep hospital beds free for a potential surge in severe cases.

And thanks to the UK government's exemplary vaccine rollout we most likely won't have to worry about that now.

If it wasn't for the UK government's exemplary vaccine rollout, the UK would probably be having the highest number of Covid deaths in Europe.

Oh, wait.
    Last edited by Raffe; 26th December 2021 at 21:03.

If it wasn't for the UK government's exemplary vaccine rollout, the UK would probably be having the highest number of Covid deaths in Europe.

Oh, wait.
    As a matter of interest is there a consistent way of recording deaths with COVID internationally?

In the UK the death figure is people who have died within 28 days of a positive test.

Is this universally used worldwide?

M

Sent from my ASUS_X00PD using Tapatalk
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    As a matter of interest is there a consistent way of recording deaths with COVID internationally?

In the UK the death figure is people who have died within 28 days of a positive test.

Is this universally used worldwide?

M

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...e-in-the-eu-5/

That doesn't seem to answer my question though.

Lots of numbers, but, unless I'm missing something, nothing about what the numbers record.

M

Lots of numbers, but, unless I'm missing something, nothing about what the numbers record.

M

You are quite right.

For the UK, they are showing everyone who has died and read a newspaper article about Covid during the 48 weeks prior. All other countries means Covid has been confirmed as cause of death.

Master

M

You are right and given the hospital admissions include people who have been admitted for something else and subsequently tested positive, The deaths aren’t going to be anything different, “died WITH Covid” I too would be interested in other countries definitions.

Craftsman

M

It's in the interests to scare as many people as possible into the jab so the highest number possible will be reported.. the key words are what make the difference.. "Died with" "died within 28 days of a test" "died due to" and died of" are all very different interpretations... very few report "died of" for a reason.

Comedy gold.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    "Asteroid" = "Omicron" in this case. If there's any consolation about the fact Omicron spreads so fast it is that everyone will get it, including the unvaccinated. Darwinism in action.
    An asteroid wiping out humanity and SARS-CoV-2 omicron variant are about as related to each other as your brain is to common sense.

I’m constantly amazed by the nonsense you post.

Thanks gents.

I'm used to Raffe's content free posts by now.

It would be interesting to know how consistent reporting is and exactly what is reported.

M

Thanks gents.

I'm used to Raffe's content free posts by now.

It would be interesting to know how consistent reporting is and exactly what is reported.

M

Well I suppose them Neal is your man. He posts solid stuff.

Or Craig? Close second, I suppose.

Or maybe you could Google it yourself, rather than expecting that somebody else does it for you?