closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,500 of 1557

Thread: Got COVID!

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    I've already said she was idiotic - certainly not Darwinism.
    Well she has taken herself out of the gene pool through idiotic methods that is generally the definition of Darwinism for the awards!

Quote Originally Posted by paw3001 View Post
    Well she has taken herself out of the gene pool through idiotic methods that is generally the definition of Darwinism for the awards!
    Technically you are correct but at 57 her chances to further spread her genes were seriously limited; as such it could be argued that she was no longer a valid contributor to the gene pool and removing herself will have no incidence on improving our species' chances of long-term survival.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    Technically you are correct but at 57 her chances to further spread her genes were seriously limited; as such it could be argued that she was no longer a valid contributor to the gene pool and removing herself will have no incidence on improving our species' chances of long-term survival.
    Fair assessment.

In the end, only a couple of kids who have to grow up without a grandmother, which is sad.
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by M4tt View Post
    Funnily enough, yes it is. Omicron can causes pneumonia and if you've ever seen someone trying to breath with pneumonia... That's why oxygen is so important - your lungs stop working properly, the oxygen content of your blood drops and one of the oddities of Covid in general is that folks suffering from hypoxia because their lungs are failing don't notice how low on oxygen they are. However, even a coughing fit could bring on anoxia as the struggle to breathe, panic and so on start a vicious circle releasing more blood and lymph into already buggered lungs.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2020/11/201119153946.htm

https://respiratory-research.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s12931-020-01462-5

Hypoxia is one of those nasty things that have an affect on your metacognitive ability to notice you have a problem, so yes, it fits all too well. I'm pretty sure that as the misinformation merchants descend on this one we'll see a more careful explanation.
    Interesting, and reassuring that I've had the pneumonia jab. But there are no solid guarantees with these viruses, only narrowing, or widening, the odds.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    Yes, exactly, Darwinism only relevant whilst still breeding.

Not sure about the 'rules' for the award.

Biologically you are correct but the Darwin Awards make no such distinction.

When I read the term darwinism in action I naturally gravitate towards Darwin awards because it’s usually because someone has died in an idiotically stupid manner such as in this case by playing Russian roulette with SARS-CoV 2.

I know that TZ loves its pedants and today I fell on my own sword of making wild assumptions!

I humbly apologise and beg forgiveness but if you wish to read more, click below

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darwin_Awards

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by paw3001 View Post
    Biologically you are correct but the Darwin Awards make no such distinction.

When I read the term darwinism in action I naturally gravitate towards Darwin awards because it’s usually because someone has died in an idiotically stupid manner such as in this case by playing Russian roulette with SARS-CoV 2.

I know that TZ loves its pedants and today I fell on my own sword of making wild assumptions!

I humbly apologise and beg forgiveness but if you wish to read more, click below

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darwin_Awards
    Even though she is no longer breeding arguably she is still able to mislead or mis educate those still breeding so her self elimination is still recognisable for a Darwin Award.

I got Covid over Christmas. Our bass player who got it on the same gig was told by track and trace that he'd got Delta so it looks like I may have had it too. I was quite certain I'd had the milder Omicron variant.

Master

Got COVID!

Can I join the got Covid club ?

Had my three jabs. Runny nose, sore eyes and a bit of a cough. Lucky to have mild symptoms and pleased it’s now out of the way.
    Last edited by joe narvey; 30th January 2022 at 16:42.

Master
    How long did it take for those that have had it to start testing -ve again? My daughter first tested positive last Sunday and my wife and I on Tuesday and we are all still testing positive on the lateral flow tests though all symptoms have now gone and were mild in any case.
    We were supposed to be going to Dubai next week but that’s now in doubt as they require a pre-departure PCR.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

I was negative new year's eve, positive new year's Day (day 0), still positive day 5, negative 6&7. Couple of guys at work we're still positive on day 9&10

I tested positive last Monday and today was first day of negative test. After 10 days you don't need to isolate any more even if you do test positive

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by stuie-t View Post
    How long did it take for those that have had it to start testing -ve again? My daughter first tested positive last Sunday and my wife and I on Tuesday and we are all still testing positive on the lateral flow tests though all symptoms have now gone and were mild in any case.
    We were supposed to be going to Dubai next week but that’s now in doubt as they require a pre-departure PCR.

I hope Im wrong but Im sure I read PCR’s can pick up remnants of a previous virus and return a positive. So with you guys being genuinely positive within the last 10 days I would be reading the fine print on the travel docs.

Others on here may have a more informed view. Hope you get clear and can get away.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by higham5 View Post
    I hope Im wrong but Im sure I read PCR’s can pick up remnants of a previous virus and return a positive. So with you guys being genuinely positive within the last 10 days I would be reading the fine print on the travel docs.

Others on here may have a more informed view. Hope you get clear and can get away.
    Yeah it’s looking doubtful for going to Dubai, and have spoken with the travel company who will allow us to change the date for later in the year. Otherwise our travel insurance will pay out if we fail the pre-departure PCR test.
    There aren’t many alternative destinations that don’t require a PCR but the Canaries are one possibility.

My daughter tested positive last Friday 21st and got her first negative yesterday. My wife tested positive on Monday and I did on Tuesday. We are both still testing positive and I still have some mild symptoms (mainly tiredness, sore head this evening and my taste and smell have been gone since Thursday).

Journeyman
    Twice in one month in our household

Very annoying

Master
    After my trip to the covid ward last year and subsequent long covid symptoms I somehow managed to catch covid again a couple of weeks ago, just seemed like a really bad cold since xmas and all the lateral flow tests were coming back negative.
    I had been sent a pcr by the NHS as part of their new treatments program so decided to send this back, bingo!! positive, lateral flows still not showing a positive result.
    I now feel like I'm virtually back to square one with regards to breathlessness and tiredness, the only plus point was that I didn't end up in hospital again.

After avoiding COVID all this time, and working throughout the pandemic, I have finally succumbed! Positive lateral flow today, feels like a cold and a sore throat. To be honest I've felt worse after a bad nights sleep, so if this is as bad as it gets, I'll consider myself damned lucky.

Seems to be very prevalent currently, we had avoided it with two primary aged girls and my wife teaching in a primary school. Symptoms for us have been a cold, sore throat and raised temp.

Master
    Such a strange virus in how it impacts all so very differently, best wishes to all. The vaccines feel like they are doing their job from recent COVID experience in our household !

I feel a bit rough in the same way that I did at the start of the year when I got Covid. I've been teaching loads of kids who have since been isolating so I've definitely been around it. I have muso friends who caught Delta at the end of 21 and who have since caught Covid again, presumably the Omicron variant. I managed to get a lft box and tested earlier but am negative today. Will do it again tomorrow just to be sure. It took a few goes to get a positive last time!

Master
    Bloody covid! Avoided it for so long and just tested positive this morning. Sore throat since last week, no other symptoms and frankly I want to be at work... I've had to close the shop down for the week.
    Really frustrating, especially since in a couple of weeks time the mandatory isolation period is due to be scrapped (or so I've been told - there is so much conflicting advice about!).
    Really fed up.

Quote Originally Posted by kevkojak View Post
    Really frustrating, especially since in a couple of weeks time the mandatory isolation period is due to be scrapped (or so I've been told - there is so much conflicting advice about!)..
    Scrapping the isolation period??? Really?? I wouldn't put it past them since they've rolled back on everything else that reduces transmission....

Master
    I've read somewhere and can't now remember where that there is no isolation period in Denmark.

After three and a half weeks in isolation and quarantine, I have finally tested negative again. Hallelujah.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by beechcustom View Post
    Scrapping the isolation period??? Really?? I wouldn't put it past them since they've rolled back on everything else that reduces transmission....
    That's what I've heard, from march-ish it'll be down to personal choice. Like I said I'm finding conflicting info online so definitely don't take it as gospel!

Master
    I’ve also noticed that the bbc aren’t giving out the numbers on the 6 o’clock news.

Craftsman
    It's old news now, people have moved on to the next media frenzied story.

Quote Originally Posted by Neal666 View Post
    I wish you would move on with your foolishness as well!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Neal666 View Post
    How can it be "old news" when it's still happening?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by higham5 View Post

I am relieved to report that we both got negative PCR tests today (14 days after first positive test), so we can go to Dubai on Thursday. I was expecting it to be positive as I was still getting positive lateral flow tests at the weekend. Having got that sorted we then discovered than my son’s passport expires tomorrow but thankfully he has another due to having dual nationality!

Master
    I am relieved to report that we both got negative PCR tests today (14 days after first positive test), so we can go to Dubai on Thursday. I was expecting it to be positive as I was still getting positive lateral flow tests at the weekend. Having got that sorted we then discovered than my son’s passport expires tomorrow but thankfully he has another due to having dual nationality!

Excellent result Bon Voyage:)

Grand Master
    had it last week, symptoms very mild, if it wasn't for testing due to knowing i'd been exposed i wouldn't have realised i had it, just a but chesty and headache. tested positive for four days then negative for three so went back to work (desk job) yesterday. had to come home after an hour kept going dizzy and very short of breath. feel better today but as soon as i move about i'm gasping again. still showing negative for the last five days now but i feel worse this week than last!
    ktmog6uk
    marchingontogether!

I’ve had it for a few days now.

I’ve had worse hangovers

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk280 View Post

I’ve had worse hangovers
    It's a lottery. Thankfully most of us are fine but some aren't. There are increasing examples of long covid too.

One of the teachers at one of my schools got covid last month. She told me today that she's been out of isolation for 3 weeks and has been absolutely exhausted ever since. She's also appears to be developing allergies. She's in her late 20s with no prior health issues.

Journeyman
    Having had a bout of COVID 18 months ago, where symptoms lasted 24 hours. I wasn’t too worried about contracting it again after all the jabs, but it really took me out this time for a week. Very strange what it can do and how the impact can vary so much.

Quote Originally Posted by kevkojak View Post
    That's what I've heard, from march-ish it'll be down to personal choice. Like I said I'm finding conflicting info online so definitely don't take it as gospel!
    Looks like it's going to happen... https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-60319947

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by beechcustom View Post
    It's a lottery. Thankfully most of us are fine but some aren't. There are increasing examples of long covid too.

One of the teachers at one of my schools got covid last month. She told me today that she's been out of isolation for 3 weeks and has been absolutely exhausted ever since. She's also appears to be developing allergies. She's in her late 20s with no prior health issues.
    I fear that some people don't realise just how debilitating Covid can be short/long term.
    As Per my previous comments I had covid last year and ended up seriously ill in hospital, long covid then stopped me from doing the most basic of tasks for quite some time, constant tiredness and fatigue, then, just as I thought I was getting somewhere I caught covid again about 3 weeks ago, this time felt like a really bad cold for a few weeks, but it seems to have also knocked me back regarding the tiredness/fatigue side of things as well.

managed to avoid it for nearly two years, woke up tuesday with a nagging headache and went into work, negative test last night, positive test this morning.

I just feel tired and a bit fuzzy headed

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by messym View Post
    managed to avoid it for nearly two years, woke up tuesday with a nagging headache and went into work, negative test last night, positive test this morning.

I just feel tired and a bit fuzzy headed
    Same as my experience really in terms of tiredness and fuzzy head.

Have had a few different symptoms but started with headache.

Now on day 10 and symptoms have been worse today and yesterday than they have all along. No temperature at all throughout.

Main symptoms currently the brain fog, tiredness, sore eyes, chest congestion and blocked nose / phlegm.

First negative test this morning. Except one a few days ago which must have been a false negative somehow.

Hope it passes soon!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk280 View Post

I’ve had worse hangovers
    That's a helluva hangover, if it lasts for a few days.

Master
    I had the original strain. Horrendous, although non hospital. Second most ill I've ever been (it wasn't as bad as having the flu in 2013). 6 really bad days, sleeping 15 hours a day, couldn't think etc. Then had a cough and general tiredness for a about three weeks.

When I had the flu, I was bedridden for a fortnight and had a cough for 18 months.

Not had it since. Mrs Parabola had it three weeks ago for a week. Similar to most people recently, generally OK but tired and foggy headed. Tiredness stay for a week after testing negative as did the foggy headedness

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Boss13 View Post
    Same as my experience really in terms of tiredness and fuzzy head.

Have had a few different symptoms but started with headache.

Now on day 10 and symptoms have been worse today and yesterday than they have all along. No temperature at all throughout.

Main symptoms currently the brain fog, tiredness, sore eyes, chest congestion and blocked nose / phlegm.

First negative test this morning. Except one a few days ago which must have been a false negative somehow.

Hope it passes soon!
    Same with but with sporadic breathlessness

Master
    Blog Entries
    I feel okay bar a tight chest still testing positive after day 7, looks like the full 10 day lock in for me

Master

Got COVID!

Can any of the real experts ( a relevant medical qualification or been infected more then once and not an anti-vax person) tell me how quickly reinfection can occur.

I tested positive in January for 14 days, then negative and now positive again, I had thought I wouldn’t catch again so quickly.
    Is this normal, for repeat infections what timing between them?
    Last edited by joe narvey; 13th February 2022 at 20:45. Reason: Typos

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by joe narvey View Post
    Can any of the real experts ( a relevant medical qualification or been infected more then one and not an anti-vax person) tell me how quickly reflection can occur.

I tested positive in January for 14 days, then negative and now positive again, I had thought I wouldn’t catch again so quickly.
    Is this normal, for repeat infections what timing between them?
    https://assets.publishing.service.go...ary2022_v2.pdf

See section 2.7.

If this was LFT for the second and third test it's more likely you never quite shook it than you were reinfected this fast. if you were, and it was PCR all three times, it's more likely to have been a late Delta followed by Omicron.

You can catch colds multiple times in a short period so I assume the same would be the case if multiple variants of Covid are around at the same time. As att said maybe you caught Delta and then Omicron or maybe you got both Omicron variants (BA1 and BA2).

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by M4tt View Post
    https://assets.publishing.service.go...ary2022_v2.pdf

See section 2.7.

If this was LFT for the second and third test it's more likely you never quite shook it than you were reinfected this fast. if you were, and it was PCR all three times, it's more likely to have been a late Delta followed by Omicron.
    Many thanks.

Blog Entries
    Apparently the Queen has tested positive for covid.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    Apparently the Queen has tested positive for covid.
    Ouch.

Hope that goes well.