closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 20 of 32 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
Results 951 to 1,000 of 1557

Thread: Got COVID!

Quote Originally Posted by mitch1956 View Post
    got covid , christmas day !i am 66 been fu*ked since, happy new year , LOL
    Had a call from mums carehome earlier. She's tested positive for covid, showing no symptoms and in good health, still talking ten to the dozen.
    She's 90, had all the covid jabs, and then a few more extra for good luck that people of her age get.

Blog Entries
    got covid , christmas day !i am 66 been fu*ked since, happy new year , LOL
    Sorry to hear that hope you are ok.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Master
    86 year old mother-in-law tested positive (along with others) whilst in hospital for an operation. She had absolutely no symptoms, and still tested positive for 10 days after.

Pete

Master
    We mentioned Dr John Campbell on this thread or one of the others a few days ago. This afternoon I watched his most recent video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OM2VgBm9pTI

.. and unfortunately he makes what I think is something of a schoolboy error in it.

At 10:30 into the video, he presents a graph showing the percentage of COVID inpatients who are there because of COVID, rather than being infected, incidentally, with COVID. In November this was near 100%, whereas now according to an NHS situation report it's about 20%.

But he goes on to claim that the near-100% figure, represented by his scribble on the left represents "the pathogenicity of Delta", and that the 20% figure is "the pathogenicity of Omicron".

I'm not an expert either in statistics nor in the harmful effects of viral infections, but it seems to me that this is a stupid conclusion to draw, for several reasons.

Firstly - the population is not homogenous with respect to people's vulnerability to the virus and it could well be that a higher proportion of older people were infected in November. It's reasonable to suppose that transmission of Omicron had, on Dec 21st, occurred to a more significant degree among younger people.

Secondly, and most obviously - millions of people have had a booster jab over the last few weeks. The immunity status of the population is not necessarily the same between those dates so asserting a simple conclusion about pathogenicity of one variant versus the other is simply wrong, it seems to me.

Finally, the inpatients represented in these figures are not necessarily uniformly at the same stage of their infection.

I'm sure he means well and on the whole I suspect he's doing a decent job at distilling recent news updates for his followers, but IMO Whitty, Valance, Chris Smith et al are considerably more likely to be reliable.

There should be another graph indicating the general level of care of the population about Covid now. Suspect that also is at around 20%

Against my better judgement I did a gig in a bar near Manchester on Boxing Day. It was absolutely heaving with young kids all coked up and hugging each other. No masks or ventilation either. I tried my best to keep a safe distance but it was impossible. I had to brush passed most of the 200 ish punters to get to the stage. Just had a phone call from my agent who was on the gig with me saying that he's tested positive today. I'm away from the house at the minute but will do an lft as soon as I get back.

Quote Originally Posted by beechcustom View Post
    Against my better judgement I did a gig in a bar near Manchester on Boxing Day. It was absolutely heaving with young kids all coked up and hugging each other. No masks or ventilation either. I tried my best to keep a safe distance but it was impossible. I had to brush passed most of the 200 ish punters to get to the stage. Just had a phone call from my agent who was on the gig with me saying that he's tested positive today. I'm away from the house at the minute but will do an lft as soon as I get back.

I am speechless that this is happening. Here, all bars and restaurants close at 23h, access to bars and restaurants only on 2G+ basis, meaning anyone older than 12 needs to be vaccinated/recovered plus either a booster or a certified (pharmacy) LFT.

Wishing you luck with your test.
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

Master
    Blog Entries
    It will be a miracle if you don’t test positive. But hopefully you are fully vaccinated and the effects will be very mild.

This graph off the government website is the key one for me. Along with hospital admissions.

I think we should stick with the current measures.

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Montello; 30th December 2021 at 16:00.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    There should be another graph indicating the general level of care of the population about Covid now. Suspect that also is at around 20%
    I think that's a combination of factors. The perception that its a milder illness with Omicron, and everyone will end up exposed in the near future, are having an effect on behaviour. Not condoning it, just trying to rationalise it.

As far as I know neither I nor Mrs W have had it (LFTs all negative), so far we've been lucky because a few friends have caught it recently. Had some family to visit last Tuesday, one of them has tested positive and we both sat close to him for a while, we won't be going anywhere today so I`ll save the LFT test till tomorrow (to conserve test kits) when there's more chance of getting a positive test........if that transpires!

We've both been out and about a fair amount recently, with some indoor mixing. even without going into crowded places I can`t help thinking it's like dodging bullets.

Every f*****r's gonna get it eventually if it's as virulent as claimed.
    Last edited by walkerwek1958; 30th December 2021 at 17:18.

It must be very hard to turn down paid work. Especially live entertainment which has obviously had a torrid time lately and could be shut off again at anytime, it effectively is where I live.
    Hope you test negative, or if not you get a mild case (which could be a huge plus going forward?).

Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post

Every *Ą$%$# gonna get it eventually if it's as virulent as claimed.
    Hope you are both clear.
    Be carefull, its the g&d :)

Master
    Myself and the kids are now waiting for our PCR results, my LFT was positive the kids not but they both have more symptoms.
    If omnicron is mild I’d hate to think what would have happened to the wife with one of the other strains as she is really bad, she’s a nurse and I’ve a reasonable amount of advanced first aid training, with the diagnostics she has been coming up with she should have gone to hospital but is refusing.

Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    Sorry to hear that hope you are ok.
    cheers, getting there still at defcon4 green snot phase LOL,

clearly effects are different for different people, wish i was as healthy as my 92 year old dad but i aint , i am pleased i got it now get some natural immunity ? dont want to dodge it till summer and have that ruined again! think everyone will get it at some point!

Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    I am speechless that this is happening. Here, all bars and restaurants close at 23h, access to bars and restaurants only on 2G+ basis, meaning anyone older than 12 needs to be vaccinated/recovered plus either a booster or a certified (pharmacy) LFT.

Wishing you luck with your test.
    Quote Originally Posted by Montello View Post
    It will be a miracle if you don’t test positive. But hopefully you are fully vaccinated and the effects will be very mild.

This graph off the government website is the key one for me. Along with hospital admissions.

I think we should stick with the current measures.

[IMG][/IMG]
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruggertech View Post
    It must be very hard to turn down paid work. Especially live entertainment which has obviously had a torrid time lately and could be shut off again at anytime, it effectively is where I live.
    Hope you test negative, or if not you get a mild case (which could be a huge plus going forward?).
    Cheers guys. I'm fully vaccinated and got my booster 7 days before the boxing day gig. Amazingly I've just done a lft and it's negative. I swabbed my throat as well as nostrils as there is some evidence that nostril swabbing alone isn't very effective at picking up Omicron. I'll do another test tomorrow. I have a NYE gig at *redacted* (lets just call it a popular venue) where I will once again be taking a risk.

I assume you love to play these gigs, very unfortunate that you can only do them exposing yourselves to a crowd of numpties.

Best of luck.

I assume you love to play these gigs, very unfortunate that you can only do them exposing yourselves to a crowd of numpties.

Best of luck.
    25% of my income is from gigs and they all come from the same agent. I can't really let him down as firstly I don't want to and secondly I'd risk losing upwards of 60 odd gigs per year. In any event, we are bound by what is legal and rightly or wrongly boxing day's gig was considered legal by the UK govt (minus all the coke) so I feel like I have to do it.

UPDATE: Rubbish nights sleep. Tested this morning and guess what. Positive:-(

Sorry to hear.

Neighbour just called, came back from skiing in France yesterday and three of four kids and their mother positive. Happy New Year.

you have my sympathy , i have not had a nights sleep at all for 5 nights, cant lay down have to sleep sat up.

Sorry to hear.

Neighbour just called, came back from skiing in France yesterday and three of four kids and their mother positive. Happy New Year.
    Thanks. All the best to them.

you have my sympathy , i have not had a nights sleep at all for 5 nights, cant lay down have to sleep sat up.
    Can't say I'm looking forward to that. It feels like a cold at the minute. I'm a little achy. Perfect opportunity to kick back and play Tomb Raider and Resident Evil 2 I guess!

Master
    When I was in hospital with covid I hardly slept for 10 days, always got up and sat in the chair during the day and tried as much as I could to move around, ( bit difficult when you're hooked up to oxygen and not allowed outside the room you're in, and then of course you're knackered because you haven't had any sleep and covid is trying to suffocate you).
    I was told the worse thing you could do was lay down on your back for too long, a large part of your lungs is towards your back and basically you need to let these parts fill with as much oxygen as possible, I tried to lay on my side at night but again when you're Hooked up to oxygen it's a bloody nightmare trying not to pull the tubes out etc, then you have the monitor that was continuously looking at your sat levels, ( deep joy ).
    I feel for anyone that gets this in a bad way, it's no fun.

For you guys testing positive on the LF are you just doing the swabs in the nostrils? I'm actually pretty keen to get Omicron (double jabbed and Boosted) for the extra antibodies and whilst I have cough, runny nose etc I keep testing negative on the LF. I've been swabbing at back of throat which was advice provided but again negative.

For you guys testing positive on the LF are you just doing the swabs in the nostrils? I'm actually pretty keen to get Omicron (double jabbed and Boosted) for the extra antibodies and whilst I have cough, runny nose etc I keep testing negative on the LF. I've been swabbing at back of throat which was advice provided but again negative.
    I swabbed back of throat last night and got negative result. Did the usual up the nose swabbing today exactly as per the instructions and got a very positive red line on the lft test. I've got a pcr home test kit en route to me in the mail.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Don't forget that you have been exposed to the virus as well. That is what gives your immunity the real advantage i suspect.

Master
    Even with the smaller sticks that come with the newer kits, I’ve always swabbed around the tonsils and then the nose.

I do a test every day, for work mostly, and have to do a PCR every week too, and they seem to have been pretty reliable.

Certainly when my daughter tested positive, the LFT was accurate. My Brother was also testing with them after a Positive PCR to check he was clear from day 10 onwards, but they were still positive until day 12.

I know a lot of people call them useless, but they’re better than nothing, and taking two in a row on separate days I would think they’d pick up a genuine positive.

Quote Originally Posted by M4tt View Post
    Don't forget that you have been exposed to the virus as well. That is what gives your immunity the real advantage i suspect.
    Yes I suppose in a way its a good thing I seem to not be able to get it! Off to Borough Market now on public transport- if that doesn't do the trick nothing will!

Grand Master
    Despite spending Tuesday evening in close proximity ( not that close) with a family member who tested positive on Thurs morning I’m still testing negative by LFT.

I’ve had a recurring cold for a few weeks and a mild chest infection that won’t go away, but despite regular testing (ensuring I get a good sample) I’ve always tested negative. Maybe the river of snot and mucus that my airways have turned into is keeping the virus at bay! Had a slightly elevated temperature last night, thought I’d managed to catch the lurgy, but the temperature subsided overnight and this morning’s test was negative.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Yes I suppose in a way its a good thing I seem to not be able to get it! Off to Borough Market now on public transport- if that doesn't do the trick nothing will!
    I love Borough Market - the best street food in London (apart from Maries in Lower Marsh Street). Enjoy!

Journeyman
    I’ve had every covid symptom going the past few days but continue to test negative on LFT’s. Must have done 6 or so tests now, very strange.

Craftsman
    If you have symptoms you are meant to get a PCR

Journeyman
    Nothing available, will keep trying

LFT's are available to order for home delivery again ATM.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Master
    ^ Thanks Chris - just ordered some successfully 👍

Craftsman
    Covid advice please!

Wife/daughter both ill and tested positive on lateral flow and pcr
    I've had symptoms but I've passed lateral flow and 2 pcr
    Today I showed positive on lateral flow and I've done another pcr today and awaiting results

Question is if I'm positive can we all just live in the house as normal? Up until now I've had them isolating in separate rooms and taking meals to them whilst masked up etc.
    Or if we are at different stages will we just keep re-infecting each other and be stuck in a never ending cycle?

I'm confused

Sent from my SM-G960F using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter franks View Post
    Covid advice please!

Today I showed positive on lateral flow and I've done another pcr today and awaiting results

Question is if I'm positive can we all just live in the house as normal? Up until now I've had them isolating in separate rooms and taking meals to them whilst masked up etc.
    Or if we are at different stages will we just keep re-infecting each other and be stuck in a never ending cycle?

I'm confused

I'm confused that you would actually think living like that was acceptable..

Master
    Covid advice please!

I'm confused

I’m surprised you even need to ask.

You can’t keep reinfecting each other…get on with it!

France: 80% of Covid patients requiring ventilation aren't fully vaccinated. Another 4.5% have a falsified vaccination certificate.

But at least they were free.

https://twitter.com/nicolasberrod/st...1QEVf0hk0SCm7Q

France: 80% of Covid patients requiring ventilation aren't fully vaccinated. Another 4.5% have a falsified vaccination certificate.

But at least they were free.

https://twitter.com/nicolasberrod/st...1QEVf0hk0SCm7Q
    Wonder how many of them can spell free, or rather gratuit. Numpties.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruggertech View Post
    Wonder how many of them can spell free, or rather gratuit. Numpties.
    I can assure you, all of them.

Over here, all the French freeloaders coming across the border to protest corona policies in the country that has fed them for years seem to be perfectly able to shout 'liberte' on autorepeat.

I can assure you, all of them.

Over here, all the French freeloaders coming across the border to protest corona policies in the country that has fed them for years seem to be perfectly able to shout 'liberte' on autorepeat.
    Unbelievable

Covid advice please!

I'm confused

In contrast to what the Freedumbs state, you were doing the right thing to try and minimise spread and keep yourself protected but unfortunately this is not an unusual situation as households are so close that spread is pretty likely to happen.

You can stop isolating from each other as you all have to same virus and most likely the same variant. You will not keep infecting each other as each of your immune systems will be boosted by the recent infection that they will have just cleared.

Hopefully this advice is a little more reassuring for you then the above and get well soon.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by paw3001 View Post
    In contrast to what the Freedumbs state, you were doing the right thing to try and minimise spread and keep yourself protected but unfortunately this is not an unusual situation as households are so close that spread is pretty likely to happen.

You can stop isolating from each other as you all have to same virus and most likely the same variant. You will not keep infecting each other as each of your immune systems will be boosted by the recent infection that they will have just cleared.

Hopefully this advice is a little more reassuring for you then the above and get well soon.
    I believe that is exactly what I said but in not so many words.

Craftsman
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ind...281.html%3famp

Anyone got "flurona" yet?? Will be here soon

Quote Originally Posted by Neal666 View Post

You rooting for it?

Got COVID!

Quote Originally Posted by Neal666 View Post

Best not get pregnant then!

Mind boggles at the thought that people can get more than 1 infection from different viruses at the same time!
    Last edited by paw3001; 1st January 2022 at 16:48.

Quote Originally Posted by craig1912 View Post
    I believe that is exactly what I said but in not so many words.
    Your posts are usually so insightful and provide lots of quality information.
    Sorry, I was thinking of someone else!

For those that do not frequent the BP, another updtae from the same guy that I posted the last one from.

https://twitter.com/ChrisCEOHopson/s...63146779910149
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by paw3001 View Post

If omicron is ultra contagious and usually mild, surely it is doing the job of the booster jab for us. We will all get it and become immune.

Loads of my friends are testing positive but they nearly all just suffer really mild systems. It seems a fuss about nothing.

Probably a stupid question, but if both parents are positive, but a child is negative and is allowed to go to school, can a parent drive to drop them off and pick up, or does the kid have to stay home if no other transport is possible?

Quote Originally Posted by Brighty View Post
    Probably a stupid question, but if both parents are positive, but a child is negative and is allowed to go to school, can a parent drive to drop them off and pick up, or does the kid have to stay home if no other transport is possible?
    As far as driving in your car, I fail to see how that puts anyone at risk. But the world has gone mad.

However, I would imagine that your kid will catch covid from you. Sometimes it doesn't happen - my SIL's son had it but nobody else in the house caught it.