closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Timex Waterbury HODINKEE Limited Edition. Dive Watch

Master
    Blog Entries

Timex Waterbury HODINKEE Limited Edition. Dive Watch

I was looking at the green Falcon eye earlier,another decent looker,a bit small for me though at 38mm .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    I like that, whip off the strap and stick it on a nato.

Red wing strap is interesting too

Grand Master
    It looks OK, but too small and that red seconds hand - why?
    /vince ..

It's ok but if it was in the Argos catalogue priced at £125 would it get a second glance?

I really like it. Of course overpriced, as all the Hodinkee watches are, but automatic, good size, nice clean design and a watch that no one is going to pull a knife on you to take it off your wrist. If the same watch was available at a lower price in the Argos catalogue (or through one of those Chinese homage watch direct sellers), it would be a bargain.

I want to like Timex but whenever I’ve handled their watches they just seem so cheaply made. Now there are micro brands out there I’m surprised anyone buys them tbh - well, anyone who knows a bit about watches. Or am I being unfair?

Journeyman
    Looks nice, Hodinkee may be a sellout and a bunch of cash grabbers, but they sure know how to design and sell a watch.

Craftsman
    It looks good. To me it sort of encapsulates what timex used to be when I was young. Just a simple a fairly cool watch.

Quote Originally Posted by RobDad View Post
    I want to like Timex but whenever I’ve handled their watches they just seem so cheaply made. Now there are micro brands out there I’m surprised anyone buys them tbh - well, anyone who knows a bit about watches. Or am I being unfair?

I'm wearing a Timex snoopy watch right now, it seems ok. It was cheap.
    Got another one on the way from SC, that one really was cheap. But they make me smile and that's all that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Fender View Post
    I'm wearing a Timex snoopy watch right now, it seems ok. It was cheap.
    Got another one on the way from SC, that one really was cheap. But they make me smile and that's all that matters.
    That’s fair enough - I’ve had a few of the snoopy watches when they were about £40, but the more expensive Q versions for example are much more than that - yet still look very cheap. I’ve not handled one though, so it’s just an impression

Nice looking watch that I’d wear it

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RobDad View Post

I’ve never handled one so have no idea, but it does looks nice …

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos.Trejo View Post
    Looks nice, Hodinkee may be a sellout and a bunch of cash grabbers, but they sure know how to design and sell a watch.
    Throw enough sh*t at the wall and eventually something will stick.

Looks great IMO, don't know if it was Hodinkee's influence, but finally a modern diver with no date window. Can't comment on the quality based on the pictures, but based on the price probably not so great (Spinnaker comes to mind). I have a vintage Timex diver which looks great, even next to some high brands, but only as long as you don't look under the bonnet

Thanks to this thread, this one arrived in my house this week. I slipped it onto a Haveston nato. I didn't like the leather "diver" look, but this makes it feel more of a field watch.

It's pretty solid and quite chunky for its 39mm, though no screw in crown and no hacking movement probably makes it a bit frail when compared with a proper diver. But it keeps good time, is pretty readable and feels fairly robust.

Looks pretty distinctive with that textured dial. Lume is nicely done.

Price was too much for what it is (certainly under the bonnet from the various reviews I've read), but I like it. Got hit for some import duties as well, so not a value for money watch, but it doesn't cost upwards of 1,000, so not so bad in the big scheme of things.

Journeyman
    Nice style to the watches.

Quote Originally Posted by bmpf View Post
    Thanks to this thread, this one arrived in my house this week. I slipped it onto a Haveston nato. I didn't like the leather "diver" look, but this makes it feel more of a field watch.

It's pretty solid and quite chunky for its 39mm, though no screw in crown and no hacking movement probably makes it a bit frail when compared with a proper diver. But it keeps good time, is pretty readable and feels fairly robust.

Looks pretty distinctive with that textured dial. Lume is nicely done.

Price was too much for what it is (certainly under the bonnet from the various reviews I've read), but I like it. Got hit for some import duties as well, so not a value for money watch, but it doesn't cost upwards of 1,000, so not so bad in the big scheme of things.

Nice - I really like the dial texture, and the downward curve to the bezel edge, looks quite pronounced in that photo

I think the photo exaggerates the curve a bit. I must admit I didn't consciously notice it until I posted that photo. But when I took a closer look I realised it is pretty nice styling.

Ok I promise it’s the last time I bump this one up again but wanted to report that despite my belittling the under the bonnet elements of this watch, over the last week it has proved to be the most accurate automatic I have ever owned. It’s gained about 3 seconds in over a week. Which makes it even more annoying it isn’t hacking I guess. Probably just good luck with this particular movement, but it is amazing! Anyway it’s now sitting on a beige Hirsch canvas strap which matches the dial nicely. This is a great watch.

Ended up ordering one last night as a winter wearer thanks to this thread. Looking forward to trying a few straps on it.