closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Smiths PRS-57 monopusher review

Quote Originally Posted by theflyingfisherman View Post

Not mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Very nice, what's the bracelet? Any advice as to a good bracelet for the monopusher? I'm not very knowledgable about bracelets - only ever used Nato's and leather straps so far.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    Worn it 24/7 this week (excuse the detritus) and decided it suits leather.

So I've ordered a Toshi for it.

R
    Dang, this picture makes a good argument for getting the white one!

Craftsman
    I love the face on the monopusher. The height and bezel thickness look quite tall. Does the watch feel balanced or a bit tall? It’s the sort of thing I guess is easier to see in the hand as it were. Any feedback from owners please :)

Quote Originally Posted by Boxsash View Post
    I love the face on the monopusher. The height and bezel thickness look quite tall. Does the watch feel balanced or a bit tall? It’s the sort of thing I guess is easier to see in the hand as it were. Any feedback from owners please :)

I was a bit worried about the thickness as well. When I took the watch out of the case it felt both smaller and thicker than I expected. But once on the wrist, the watch doesn't feel unbalanced or top-heavy. The 3-step case profile helps to mitigate the thickness a little bit. As long as you don't have to wear it under a shirt you should be all right

Smiths PRS-57 monopusher review

Quote Originally Posted by fm.tz View Post
    Very nice, what's the bracelet? Any advice as to a good bracelet for the monopusher? I'm not very knowledgable about bracelets - only ever used Nato's and leather straps so far.
    I believe that one is from strapcode. But I just saw it on ig so can’t tell you the model.

Last edited by theflyingfisherman; 26th November 2021 at 09:37.

I believe that one is from strapcode. But I just it on ig so can’t tell you the model.

It’s the Strapcode Miltat for the Sarb017. Thinking of grabbing one myself.

Quote Originally Posted by RLE View Post
    It’s the Strapcode Miltat for the Sarb017. Thinking of grabbing one myself.
    Ah very nice.. I’d definitely get one if I had the watch

How does a user (who hasn't yet 'earnt' Sales Corner posting rights) sell a TF watch without using eBay??! We're told it's 'bad form' to sell on eBay but it's also 'bad form' to offer watches for sale outside of Sales Corner. The rules literally force people to piss someone off given the conflicting demands!

I’m guessing the strapcode jubilee will also fit then
    Last edited by theflyingfisherman; 26th November 2021 at 09:51.

Journeyman
    I agree the sales corner requirements are excessive

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

How does a user (who hasn't yet 'earnt' Sales Corner posting rights) sell a TF watch without using eBay??! We're told it's 'bad form' to sell on eBay but it's also 'bad form' to offer watches for sale outside of Sales Corner. The rules literally force people to piss someone off given the conflicting demands!
    It's not bad form to sell on eBay, it's profiteering on watches bought to sell on without even being worn that's the problem, thus depriving forum members of the chance of buying from Eddie rather than having to pay over the odds for them. The same members who've probably had input into the final design and have a genuine interest in watches.

Quote Originally Posted by Ston View Post
    I agree the sales corner requirements are excessive

The SC restrictions exist for very valid reasons. A little searching and reading will tell you why. Profiteering dealers who hoover the forum and SC restrictions go hand in hand.
    F.T.F.A.

You will probably now get PM enquiries as to what colour yours is.

You'll probably sell it for RRP, and take a hit on the insured postage.

Or - send out PMs to people who have said they like the watch...................

if you don't mind me asking, I'm curious about the reasons for the sale. Is it just the thickness? Or not bonding with the watch in general?

For those of you wondering about thickness, here is a side by side pic with certain manual chrono

Also, for those having trouble spotting milky rings until somebody mentions it, this one doesn’t sport one.

You are very welcome

Quote Originally Posted by fogar View Post
    For those of you wondering about thickness, here is a side by side pic with certain manual chrono

Also, for those having trouble spotting milky rings until somebody mentions it, this one doesn’t sport one.

You are very welcome
    Fantastically helpful photo - thank you for sharing.

Craftsman
    Having been unsuccessful in securing a black dial MP on the 14th, I was delighted and rather lucky to say the least in acquiring this from the Sales Corner (big thankyou to the seller)

In the end its worked out quite nicely, as I wasn't overly taken with the lighter dial going by the image's on the web site, however having seen a subsequent image with a leather wrist strap my view changed and indeed it looks superb on the wrist with a used CWC leather strap for fixed bars.

Oh I'd also been unsure on the depth of the case but while it is quite chunky, it sort of suites its style.

Last edited by Ed875; 26th November 2021 at 15:04.

Thick, yes, but works well (possibly the world's worst job reference)

Feels kind of squat and chunky rather than tall and top-heavy. Wears smaller than 40mm, too.

Hockey puck, really. I like it but I couldn't imagine pairing it with a bracelet, unless perhaps that acts as a sort of counterweight and/or works well visually. Each to their own.

[QUOTE=Ed875;5880748]Having been unsuccessful in securing a black dial MP on the 14th, I was delighted and rather lucky to say the least in acquiring this from the Sales Corner (big thankyou to the seller)

In the end its worked out quite nicely, as I wasn't overly taken with the lighter dial going by the image's on the web site, however having seen a subsequent image with a leather wrist strap my view changed and indeed it looks superb on the wrist with a used CWC leather strap for fixed bars.

Oh I'd also been unsure on the depth of the case but while it is quite chunky, it sort of suites its style.

Looks great.

[QUOTE=fogar;5879416]I love this thing

Looks great! I'm just waiting for delivery of mine.

Will there be more.

I have successfully ordered the black faced monopusher so am very happy, but what happens when watches like this sell out, as it has in this case....Will there be a re-release of more watches at some point or will it really stay within the 50 watch limit set?

Quote Originally Posted by Plinky View Post
    I have successfully ordered the black faced monopusher so am very happy, but what happens when watches like this sell out, as it has in this case....Will there be a re-release of more watches at some point or will it really stay within the 50 watch limit set?
    Congrats, you are in for a treat. I think the MP will be a limited run of 50+50 watches, as it shows XX/50 on the case back

Blog Entries
    or will it really stay within the 50 watch limit set?
    Eddie is very careful about keeping limited editions genuinely limited. So it seems very unlikely that there'll be any more than the 50+50.

Quote Originally Posted by markrlondon View Post
    Eddie is very careful about keeping limited editions genuinely limited. So it seems very unlikely that there'll be any more than the 50+50.
    Thats amazing....Its nice to have something with such a limited run.

Congrats, you are in for a treat. I think the MP will be a limited run of 50+50 watches, as it shows XX/50 on the case back
    Thanks, i'm very much looking forward to receiving it....I really like the aesthetic of these kinds of tool watches.... on the money design wise.

I’m regards to the Monopusher, has it been said it’s a limited edition or is the initial run just of 50 to see how well they sell and then more light be made? I don’t see anything about it being an LE. I’m hoping when I have the funds I might be able to pick one up down the line. I know the jubilee is strictly a limited run but not sure about the Monopusher.

What does the caseback show? A photo from someone would be appreciated.

Master
    I’m regards to the Monopusher, has it been said it’s a limited edition or is the initial run just of 50 to see how well they sell and then more light be made? I don’t see anything about it being an LE. I’m hoping when I have the funds I might be able to pick one up down the line. I know the jubilee is strictly a limited run but not sure about the Monopusher.

Mine says 17/50, but I assumed this was just the first batch - didn’t realise it was an LE. Maybe Eddie will run another batch off next year.

Blog Entries
    I’m regards to the Monopusher, has it been said it’s a limited edition
    You know, I can't actually find anywhere where it was explicitly stated to be a limited edition.

Eddie will of course be able to confirm if you ask him.

You know, I can't actually find anywhere where it was explicitly stated to be a limited edition.

Eddie will of course be able to confirm if you ask him.
    I’ve definitely seen it stated on Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by TheGent View Post
    I’ve definitely seen it stated on Instagram

Knew it!

Wish I'd bought the black one I had in my basket sunday but couldn't justify it so soon after buying the white. I'd assumed there would be another batch.

I’m guessing movement availability is a big factor

I did set the time on my MP on Friday morning, today is running within the same second. Pretty impressed with the accuracy of this chunky boy

Craftsman
    I did set the time on my MP on Friday morning, today is running within the same second. Pretty impressed with the accuracy of this chunky boy
    Set mine around 1pm Friday and currently +22 seconds, so possibly not as well regulated as your example but I think within the tolerance for this movement.

Knew it!

Good find 👆 Congrats to those who got them.

I’m guessing movement availability is a big factor

Yes, there was a post on Instagram or Facebook confirming the supply of additional movements was the issue. Can’t seem to find it now though..........

Question about the push button...

Mine arrived today.....Its a lovely looking watch, tall, but clean, understated and functional.

One question i have is the push button....on mine it takes quite a push to engage especially on the first 'start' push with a very 'solid' click....

Is that normal ?

Thanks
    Last edited by Plinky; 1st December 2021 at 11:56. Reason: Adding picture

One question i have is the push button....on mine it takes quite a push to engage especially on the first 'start' push with a very 'solid' click....

Is that normal ?
    On mine it takes a big push to start, softer push to stop, quite a push to reset

On mine it takes a big push to start, softer push to stop, quite a push to reset

That describes mine perfectly. It sounds like its the normal functioning of the mechanism.... Thanks for clarifying, enjoy your watch!

They look fantastic. Looking forward to mine arriving (I hope). Had the confirmation but not had the dispatch yet. Hopefully soon.

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by gerard View Post
    They look fantastic. Looking forward to mine arriving (I hope). Had the confirmation but not had the dispatch yet. Hopefully soon.

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk
    Mine arrived very quickly (Next day) after notification and i'm in Suffolk too.... I think you will get yours soon.