closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: FedEx Delivery from Steinhart :(

FedEx Delivery from Steinhart :(

This is for information sharing purposes, especially if you're considering a purchase from Steinhart.

I bought a leather strap for my Nav-b from Steinhart on 4th November who posted it on the 5th. All lovely so far.

The package arrived at Stansted at midnight on Thursday 11th / Friday 12th. Hmm, seven days in the possession of the carrier before it reaches the UK.

Total silence ensues until yesterday, 16th November when I get a notification it'll be delivered by 6pm yesterday. Excellent. Although I've had these pings from FedEx before and they're rarely reflective of the truth.

True to form, 6pm comes along and no delivery. Tracking status has updated to say it'll still be delivered yesterday, by midnight. We all know that wasn't happening.

New ping this morning to say it'll be delivered by 23/11.

Now it may just be me but that feels a tad unreasonable?

I've been in contact with Steinhart via email and they've been lovely and very helpful but I won't be buying from them again while they use this carrier.

A lot of carriers are the same recently. Just have to accept it for the moment. Incredibly annoying.

As above, the added complexity in moving goods around these days is adding delays to every supply chain.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Same with a few Amazon Prime deliveries, promised next day but often arrive 48hrs late. Lack of delivery drivers according to the last one who dropped a parcel off, can't think why that is???

i try to use chronomaster ( UK Steinhart dealer ) whenever possible

People here where I live are waiting for post from Royal Mail from the beginning of October.

I bought the watch from Neil but he didn't have the strap I wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by xellos99 View Post
    i try to use chronomaster ( UK Steinhart dealer ) whenever possible

I recently had a watch returned from service in Switzerland which landed at the UK FedEx facility on 13th October. It was held there for FOUR WEEKS before customs clearance was granted!

Apparently the average wait for clearance with FedEx is 2-3 weeks at present.

Torture

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    I recently had a watch returned from service in Switzerland which landed at the UK FedEx facility on 13th October. It was held there for FOUR WEEKS before customs clearance was granted!

Apparently the average wait for clearance with FedEx is 2-3 weeks at present.

UPS is exactly the same. I think all carriers are suffering delays. The problem is the delivery estimates aren’t working so the companies aren’t managing customer expectation.

It's the way of things at the moment. I wouldn't worry about a late delivered strap TBH.

I ordered a folding table from Amazon a few weeks ago that was supposed to arrive in two days - it took two weeks, but it's hardly the end of the world.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Ordered two straps from CWC yesterday. Both arrived this morning. #smug

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    UPS is exactly the same. I think all carriers are suffering delays. The problem is the delivery estimates aren’t working so the companies aren’t managing customer expectation.
    On the upside, I was given a letter providing for the next service to be FOC by way of an apology for the delay. Every cloud...

Ordered a watch from Reiser located in Netherlands on 07/11, delivered on 11/11 by UPS. Got a notification from UPS for customs and import fees the day before, paid online.

Everything was as smooth as can be.

Sent from my SM-F926B using Tapatalk

Oh, that's worrying - I have a FedEx parcel that arrived at Stansted last night

M
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

I have a Fedex parcel coming from the States, despatched yesterday and still saying it will arrive tomorrow. I know it won’t but I’ve factored a delay into the order.
    I also had a DHL delivery from Germany last week. I expected delays with that one but it came next day, exactly when they said it would. Don’t know what’s happening with import charges though, DHL have always demanded payment before delivery but not this time and the charges will be £1k+.

Master

FedEx Delivery from Steinhart

FYI Royal Mail is being flooded as it’s coming to Christmas and it’s now getting backlogged in many places. That and postmen getting Covid it all adds up to delays. Could blame brexit, Borris, people selling cheap stuff on SC and other causes that so many love but that would just be bullshit. Merry Christmas is on the way and people are starting earlier to avoid delays I reckon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Stilgoe1972; 17th November 2021 at 18:31.

Master
    I use Fedex and UPS for business deliveries into the UK and outwards. Fedex seem to be having real issues bringing stuff into the UK at the moment, their recent merger/takeover with TNT seems to have caused a load of operational difficulties. I use UPS as my preference to bring things into the UK at the moment, but Fedex actually seem better at shipping things out of the UK into Europe - go figure!

My delivery via FedEx actually arrived a day earlier than predicted.

M
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Craftsman
    Hermes couldn’t find an 850 acre site that was adjacent to a main road and that had been there since 1940.

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Fedex are struggling at the minute - I had a package from South Africa that ended up 'stuck' for 10 days before it was released.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Master
    I’m waiting for a suspension arm for the car. Ordered from a UK company, 2 days later I get a tracking number from a German courier outfit that tells me nothing except it’s in transit, on its way to the destination delivery hub. Brilliantly vague and unhelpful. That’s the last time they get my business.

FedEx Delivery from Steinhart

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    Fedex are struggling at the minute - I had a package from South Africa that ended up 'stuck' for 10 days before it was released.
    Yes, I've also experienced a FedEx parcel disappear somewhere in the Midlands over the last few weeks. The American seller has been excellent and is shipping a replacement item. FedEx said all the right things in several emails but you could tell they thought it wasn't really their problem.

It's disappointing, as I have found them to be very good in the past.

Hopefully the replacement will make it. Regardless, this is the last thing I'll be ordering from abroad until the chaos that is Christmas is done.
    David
    Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations

Thanks all, I guess I was being a bit impatient and unfair.

I’ve generally found UPS and FedEx very slightly slower than the pre COVID/Brexit days.
    However, both their apps have been very accurate in allowing me to follow my parcels.

RMSD still seems very reliable, and delivering before 1300 again
    My Second Class parcels always used to arrive the next day, often beating First Class, but not anymore.

I tend to think that as long as my item arrives in reasonable time, then I’m a happy bunny.

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    Thanks all, I guess I was being a bit impatient and unfair.
    Let us know when it arrives.
    Hopefully not long to wait now

The strap has arrived safely.

I had a FedEx sent from Zelos in Singapore last week. After reading this thread I was preparing for a long wait after they pushed the delivery back from Friday to Monday, but it arrived with me yesterday morning, no major hold ups or customs issues at all.

Funnily enough I had one from Seestern in China that arrived in super-quick time, less than half the time than from Germany.

Quote Originally Posted by davidj54 View Post
    I had a FedEx sent from Zelos in Singapore last week. After reading this thread I was preparing for a long wait after they pushed the delivery back from Friday to Monday, but it arrived with me yesterday morning, no major hold ups or customs issues at all.

FedEx International Priority

Watch available for clearance since Monday... it's a return from repair (Laco)...

Estimated delivery date
    Monday, 22/11/2021
    before 12:00

Now Fedex ask me for proof of the initial export....