closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: VISA credit cards

The story behind the story here is really why VISA are in a position to increase their fees to a disproportionately higher figure in the UK compared to rest of Europe. The answer is simple. We are no longer under EU protection (thanks to Brexit) against price hikes in this financial sector and so VISA are only taking advantage of yet another Brexit ‘benefit’ and making hay while the sun shines on our sunny uplands.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by MintG View Post
    The story behind the story here is really why VISA are in a position to increase their fees to a disproportionately higher figure in the UK compared to rest of Europe. The answer is simple. We are no longer under EU protection (thanks to Brexit) against price hikes in this financial sector and so VISA are only taking advantage of yet another Brexit ‘benefit’ and making hay while the sun shines on our sunny uplands.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    Well if they lose out on the sales of Amazon UK, which must be immense, I think the may be shooting themselves in the foot.

Or somebody may just back down.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Blog Entries
    Well, it seems like someone has backed down - just received an email from Amazon stating that the Visa card changes (due 19th Jan) are on hold until further notice and that they will continue to accept Visa credit/debit cards.

Quote Originally Posted by vagabond View Post
    Well, it seems like someone has backed down - just received an email from Amazon stating that the Visa card changes (due 19th Jan) are on hold until further notice and that they will continue to accept Visa credit/debit cards.
    Got the same mail.

Not sure which entity (Visa or Amazon) has the upper hand - but I think it would lose Amazon a lot of spontaneous purchases, not taking visa - which hurts both of course.

Probably negotiate a lower rate.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by vagabond View Post
    They were never going to stop taking Visa DEBIT cards anyway, just CREDIT cards.

I expect they’ve come to some arrangement on fees…

Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post
    Got the same mail.

Not sure which entity (Visa or Amazon) has the upper hand - but I think it would lose Amazon a lot of spontaneous purchases, not taking visa - which hurts both of course.

Probably negotiate a lower rate.
    It would be interesting to understand who blinked first - the immovable object or the unstoppable force?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by adg31 View Post
    It would be interesting to understand who blinked first - the immovable object or the unstoppable force?

Visa.

Visa will have blinked. They make their money through transactions and not being used on the main eCom platform in the UK will dent that massively, whereas all Amazon customers will moan a bit and then get a different credit card (perhaps the one advertised during Amazon checkout!). It would weaken Visa and strengthen a rival, but Amazon would barely notice a dent in total profits.

Master
    Got my £20 offer from Amazon and switched cards but can't be bothered to switch back.........maybe Barclaycard will offer me an incentive

B