closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Time to blow the dust off this one from 2008

Time to blow the dust off this one from 2008

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Very nice indeed.

You are like a one-man dynamo, Mr P!

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Master
    I like the look of that a lot but too big for me these days. I’m sure it’ll sell though.

Got to be honest, I'm not feeling this one. There's something very dated about the bezel and it doesn't look great how it's so much smaller than the case. Then there's the strange way the RHS looks a bit like crown guards but they aren't actually there.

I don't know, it's just a little too oddball, doesn't quite fit the Timefactors range which is generally quite classically styled. But then there's the PRS40 and diversification is always a good thing.

I’m in agreement with Papa Hotel; it’s got a Tag 4000 vibe about the case which is very nineties.

I like the dial and hands though.

Blog Entries
    I think this will sell well. It has what I can only describe as the right look.

Yes, the bezel design is somewhat of the 2000s but that's long enough now to be retro. And retro is in (when is it not?). Well, it has to be the right sort of retro and I think this is currently just right.

And the superdome sapphire is definitely a plus.

Bezel aside, I think this is generally a good enough design to sell well in its own right.

I note that the movement is to be a Miyota 9039 but this style of watch would also suit a quartz movement I think. Looking at it, it somehow said "good quality quartz" to me.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    I’m in agreement with Papa Hotel; it’s got a Tag 4000 vibe about the case which is very nineties.
    90s or 2000s, not sure which. But even though many of us remember that time like it was yesterday, so many buyers it is now long enough ago to be retro-cool.

I won't be queuing for this, but that bezel looks too small for the case, and hard to grip. How about some larger texture, like the TH super-professional?
    Also, the bezel script looks too thin to lume effectively, would this be lumed directly into the engraved steel bezel?
    I'd prefer longer lume sections on the hands (maybe only one to give differentiation) and white outline for most of the length away from the pinion.
    Lastly, I can't see the point of the flat sapphire option, this shape is all about the dome.
    D

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    How about some larger texture, like the TH super-professional?
    As far as I can see it has exactly that. Not as large as on the TH but large enough I'd think.

Loving the dial and hands but I think the case should have stayed in 2008 in my honest opinion.

I think it'd look good in the DN 'tradition': orange minute hand, orange indice at 12 and all DLC. Maybe 38mm as a reflection of the times now, but I'd certainly go for a 40mm.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Blog Entries
    Good grief, this is a forum full of people who like case designs from the 1940s and 50s.

I'm sitting here wearing a watch with a lovely sparkly dial with a case style that originated in the err.... 1950s? Not sure.

But 2008 is too recent it seems. ;-)

That just means we're old. Why? Because, as I said above, 2008 is in and of itself OLD now, old enough to be retro, even if it seems like yesterday to many 'mature' forum users.

The design looks good. Innovation is a watchword in today's market, I think. Retro-innovation counts.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    Maybe 38mm as a reflection of the times now, but I'd certainly go for a 40mm.
    I think 40mm is better for a style like that. 40mm is not large, but the design in my opinion lends itself to larger than 38mm.

I took delivery of an Orient Mako yesterday and my rule says that it's 41mm excluding the crown. While the Mako and this new Dreadnought are very different watches, I still could not imagine the new Dreadnought looking right at less than 40mm as a chunky, high dome, diver.

Master
    I like it - but it shouldn't have the Dreadnought name as it just looks too different.

The lumed part of the hands should be a tad longer (towards the central pinion).

Apprentice
    It's no very often I have something negative to say but this one does not do it for me.

I like the dial and the handset but in my eyes it just does not suit the oversized case with an undersized Tag style bezel. It may however look entirely different in the flesh compared to the drawings

If it didn't have numbers on the dial, but did have more and clearer markings on the bezel, I could be interested...

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post

I like the dial and hands though.

I can't see any TAG comparison, tbh.

As a decent dive watch though it ticks almost all the boxes for me: size, WR, legibility, lumed bezel - just add some crown shoulders.

R

Hmmm, it’s a no from me.
    It looks dated and not in good retro way.
    Sorry

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    I think it has more than a passing resemblance to the Baume & Mercier Capeland.
    Cheers,

Ben

..... for I have become the Jedi of flippers

" an extravagance is anything you buy that is of no earthly use to your wife "

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    Hmmm, it’s a no from me.
    It looks dated and not in good retro way.
    Sorry
    Agreed. Best left in 2008