closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Odd isolation scenario

Master

Odd isolation scenario

I have been flying to Belfast to visit Mumsie K in her care home. I take a lateral test the night before and then get tested at the home before admission.

My nagging worry is, what if I test positive at the care home? I can’t fly back home, I don’t have anywhere I can stay, I can’t very well call a hotel and say, ‘would you mind if I isolate with you for 7 days’, and as for getting a bus or taxi there anyhow...

Any of you regular travellers already come up with a contingency plan for catching bugs away from home?! Ta!

Book a hotel with a free cancellation policy before hand just incase.

YMCA?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    YMCA?
    Might be a fun place to stay - I'm not sure the missing seventh Village Person in that photo is 'retired IT consultant' though...

Quote Originally Posted by nickk View Post
    Might be a fun place to stay - I'm not sure the missing seventh Village Person in that photo is 'retired IT consultant' though...
    Last edited by Onelasttime; 22nd November 2021 at 00:34.

Master
    Care home will use a Lateral Flow test. So if you have tested yourself earlier on the same day , there should be no surprises.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by nickk View Post
    I have been flying to Belfast to visit Mumsie K in her care home. I take a lateral test the night before and then get tested at the home before admission.

My nagging worry is, what if I test positive at the care home? I can’t fly back home, I don’t have anywhere I can stay, I can’t very well call a hotel and say, ‘would you mind if I isolate with you for 7 days’, and as for getting a bus or taxi there anyhow...

Any of you regular travellers already come up with a contingency plan for catching bugs away from home?! Ta!
    Do you get a text from the NHS regading your care home lateral flow test result ?

You should keep hold of your negative (personal Flow test) and challenge the flow test at the nursing home as a false positive BEFORE they register the test. request another test and depending on the result take action.

I could see a real problem if you were positive but I don't know the legal procedure and i assume that if you are asked a question at the airport then you must answer honestly.

We have the same tests to go see our relo in the care home and sometimes I despair at the way some of the staff carry out the tests.

B

Quote Originally Posted by higham5 View Post
    Care home will use a Lateral Flow test. So if you have tested yourself earlier on the same day , there should be no surprises.
    Good point - I think I would take a couple of self-tests beforehand, and be very careful when travelling there.

Master
    Blog Entries
    A false positive LFT is very unlikely. They are highly specific though not highly sensitive. When they are wrong, it is almost always a false negative.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk