closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Sudden rattling noise on wrist

Craftsman

Sudden rattling noise on wrist

Hi,

Been wearing a steinhart OVM (ETA 2824) recently. Today, suddenly it started making rattling noise (like some ball bearing noise) - similar to Miyota movements. I haven't dopped or hit watch against anything recently, so puzzled if this can happen? Watch is still running ok.

Blog Entries
    I don't think that ETA 2824s usually make that sort of noise.

It sounds like the rotor might have come loose. Should be an easy fix for a watch repairer. (Probably!)

Grand Master
    Rotor has probably come loose. Stop the watch by pulling the crown out and get it fixed, the rotor is secured by a screw and if that gets into tge balance you risk damaging the hairspring.

Its also possible that one of the movement securing screws has come out, same advice applies.

Unlike grazed knees watches don’t heal up and fix themselves.

Craftsman
    Thanks, have stopped watch from running. Have had watch for 4 years ( in rotation), never had issues.
    Have to find someone who can fix, and possibly regulate as well - been running around -4s/day.

Sent from my SM-N981B using Tapatalk

4s/day hardly needs regulating - I’d be happy if a few of mine were that close:)

Quote Originally Posted by zenius View Post
    Thanks, have stopped watch from running. Have had watch for 4 years ( in rotation), never had issues.
    Have to find someone who can fix, and possibly regulate as well - been running around -4s/day.

Duncan at Genesis regulated my OVM superbly. It's almost quartz like in its accuracy.
    David
    Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by zenius View Post

Drop me a PM if you’re interested, I’m taking on a limited amount if work thesedays and trying to stick to the straightforward stuff.