closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Rolex SD 16600 questions

Rolex SD 16600 questions

Rolex is quite the mystery at times and even if one knows a fair amount, there's always room to learn more or even completely unknown territory. Which is the purpose of this post. Would appreciate if knowledgable members could chime in responding to a couple of details..

1- I came across a 16600 paperwork which does not have the country code punched through (US origin). Is this ok for US paperwork or should the country code be found elsewhere? (dont have the front side picture at this moment)

2- the 16600 should always AFAIK have the 93160 bracelet and from previous experience these had the code stamped on the last link before the endlink. This bracelet appears not having the code stamped. Again, is this ok for a US watch or did Rolex stop stamping codes from some year onwards? This is an F serial from 2004

Quote Originally Posted by tmoris View Post
    Rolex is quite the mystery at times and even if one knows a fair amount, there's always room to learn more or even completely unknown territory. Which is the purpose of this post. Would appreciate if knowledgable members could chime in responding to a couple of details..

1- I came across a 16600 paperwork which does not have the country code punched through (US origin). Is this ok for US paperwork or should the country code be found elsewhere? (dont have the front side picture at this moment)

2- the 16600 should always AFAIK have the 93160 bracelet and from previous experience these had the code stamped on the last link before the endlink. This bracelet appears not having the code stamped. Again, is this ok for a US watch or did Rolex stop stamping codes from some year onwards? This is an F serial from 2004

Wearing my Seadweller today and it is a 2003 or 2004 from an AD in San Diego if I remember rightly. Bought it in LA about 14 years ago. Can help with the paperwork as it’s in the safe but my bracelet is just like yours in the photo. Hope that helps

rolex Sd

Hi the bracelet looks like a later replacement 93160A
    These a not stamped on the bracelet, but in the endlinks.

The papers are good for a watch from Usa

Mike
    Last edited by MICHAELHS; 10th November 2021 at 21:30.

Quote Originally Posted by zodiac View Post
    Wearing my Seadweller today and it is a 2003 or 2004 from an AD in San Diego if I remember rightly. Bought it in LA about 14 years ago. Can help with the paperwork as it’s in the safe but my bracelet is just like yours in the photo. Hope that helps
    appreciate the feedback!

Quote Originally Posted by MICHAELHS View Post
    Hi the bracelet looks like a later replacement 93160A
    These a not stamped on the bracelet, but in the endlinks.

The papers are good for a watch from Usa
    Mike
    Mike, thanks for the feedback, thats exactly what this one has, the stamped code is in the endlinks. Appreciate the feedback on the paperwork as well, very useful!

Didn’t know that about the bracelet number, made me go find a picture of my 1998 16600 to check and it does have 93160 on the first link..

I believe that when they started using the newer SEL links with the cut outs for the lug pins they stopped stamping the bracelet number on the first link and if you remove the bracelet you will find it in the SEL link where it needs the case.

Quote Originally Posted by murkeywaters View Post
    Didn’t know that about the bracelet number, made me go find a picture of my 1998 16600 to check and it does have 93160 on the first link..

If you get a replacement or new links from Rolex then they are the later 93160A links, so are not stamped on the bracelet.
    If your bracelet is original from factory with be stamped 93160 on the last link.