closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: White Heather 5 years old Whisky

Master

White Heather 5 years old Whisky

Hi.. I know there are many whisky experts on site. Has anyone come across this brand please? I bought a bottle just after my son was born with the intention of wetting the baby's head, so to speak, but for reasons I don't know it got shoved to the back of a cupboard and forgotten about and has only recently come to light.

As the aforementioned son has just had his 40th birthday I am wondering what to do with it... In truth I'm not really a Scotch drinker... I much prefer Jamesons.... so I am wondering whether a blend at least 45 years old would be worth opening or should I keep it unopened ?

Now I have no idea what I paid for it but it's a blend, not a malt, so it wouldn't have been expensive... certainly nothing that would excite the whisky snobs. Whiskybase has the current edition on sale at 68 euros so I'm not inclined to give it away but to drink something I don't enjoy seems to be a bit of a waste.

Master
    Since it's unopened I think it might very well be OK, but it won't improve in the bottle and I don't think it's an investment, so I would drink it or give it away.

https://scotchwhisky.com/whiskypedia...white-heather/

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by monogroover View Post
    Since it's unopened I think it might very well be OK, but it won't improve in the bottle and I don't think it's an investment, so I would drink it or give it away.

https://scotchwhisky.com/whiskypedia...white-heather/
    This. Old blends have not lit up in the investment sense like old malts, so unfortunately £60 is probably about right. It is probably very nice for that amount of money.