closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Everest bracelets

Everest bracelets

Bought a PRS-25 ghost dial in SC recently and absolutely love it. Just what I hoped it would be. Only thing that bothers is it’s the original, rather than improved, clasp. No confidence inspiring. Given Eddie doesn’t sell the newer bracelets separately does anyone have recommendations for an aftermarket unit which suits the watch and doesn’t cost a bomb?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What clasp is on yours?

I might be willing to swap you the clasp from my new Commando if that appeals? I prefer the original if it’s the one I’m thinking of?

I have one of the very first batch, which had the 20mm parallel bracelet. That behemoth came off immediately, was never worn or de-stickered, and a year later I bought one of the new (now older model) bracelets with faux the rivets and a nice taper, but like you I wasn't happy with the security of it when fastened. A little tweak of the tab that clips over the bar on the inside of the clasp cured the problem.
    F.T.F.A.

Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    What clasp is on yours?

I might be willing to swap you the clasp from my new Commando if that appeals? I prefer the original if it’s the one I’m thinking of?
    I have a vague feeling that Eddie's been asked if he can supply the new clasp after market, but replied that it won't fit older versions. There's every chance I imagined that. ;-)
    F.T.F.A.

Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    I have a vague feeling that Eddie's been asked if he can supply the new clasp after market, but replied that it won't fit older versions. There's every chance I imagined that. ;-)
    You're probaby right, although I wonder why as it looks the same minus the release buttons? Unless you mean the chunky ratcheting clasp version, which was 20-18mm so wouldn't fit the new rivet bracelet at 20-16mm.

Would I be correct in thinking there were 3 different clasps for the 36mm? A chunky ratchet affair, a standard clip/unclip with no safety clasp, and the current clasp with release buttons?

The version I want is this one in the middle with multiple micro holes:

Last edited by Onelasttime; 9th November 2021 at 10:52.

You're probaby right, although I wonder why as it looks the same minus the release buttons? Unless you mean the chunky ratcheting clasp version, which was 20-18mm so wouldn't fit the new rivet bracelet at 20-16mm.

Would I be correct in thinking there were 3 different clasps for the 36mm? A chunky ratchet affair, a standard clip/unclip with no safety clasp, and the current clasp with release buttons?

The version I want is this one in the middle with multiple micro holes:

The one in the middle of your picture looks the same as mine, and this is the one Eddie sells for £46, albeit with the later "Titty/Duck" logo. Looking at the Everest on the Timefactors site it's shown with the new push button clasp, but the clasp dimensions look the same as mine, so I'm guessing there's a difference in end link design that won't allow retrofitting the push button clasp only to the older 20/16mm version of the bracelet. A quick email to Eddie with your serial number should sort it. This is my clasp . . .

F.T.F.A.

Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    The one in the middle of your picture looks the same as mine, and this is the one Eddie sells for £46, albeit with the later "Titty/Duck" logo. Looking at the Everest on the Timefactors site it's shown with the new push button clasp, but the clasp dimensions look the same as mine, so I'm guessing there's a difference in end link design that won't allow retrofitting the push button clasp only to the older 20/16mm version of the bracelet. A quick email to Eddie with your serial number should sort it. This is my clasp . . .

Helpful, thank you.

Looking at that clasp again a thought just occurred to me - the last two adjustment holes will be probably be redundant due to the rivets on the link.

I had the same problem with a MKII Key West GMT. Bill Yao took so many complaints he manufactured a new link without rivets and gave them away to anyone with the Key West bracelet.

I think that clasp won't work for me then. Damn!

Helpful, thank you.

Looking at that clasp again a thought just occurred to me - the last two adjustment holes will be probably be redundant due to the rivets on the link.

I had the same problem with a MKII Key West GMT. Bill Yao took so many complaints he manufactured a new link without rivets and gave them away to anyone with the Key West bracelet.

I think that clasp won't work for me then. Damn!

Luckily I don't need any more adjustment, but if I did I'd just take off the bulk of the offending faux rivets with my Dremmel then finish with a very small file, high grit wet and dry, and Solvol polish. Maybe Eddie will release the push button bracelet as an aftermarket item as he did with the version I have. Of course then there'd be the slight problem of ordering one . . . ;-)
    F.T.F.A.

Cheers guys. Apols, posted this and then shot off for three days for a work thing and just back.